• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

George Lucas has no more involvement with any Star Wars movies starting with Episode 7. Since he sold the rights to Disney. he surrendered the rights. he has no control in the direction of what movie Disney wants to make. if he still had control of these rights standalone movies like rogue one wouldn't be made. because george is too stubborn and he said he didn't like doing these types of movies. thats why when he sold lucasfilm to Disney it opened up a lot of opportunities for Disney to have a fresh take on the movies they want to make

he tried to hand over his version of ep 7 but disney rejected it.

thank goodness for that. at least succeeding movies wouldn't be God Awful like those Prequels.

and to explain the lack of the story crawl in rogue one. there should'nt be any. its not a main story arc to the episodes. thats why its an Anthology. expect Disney to be making more of these standalones like the Han Solo standalone in the works

Edited by impala67

I only watched the film once. I liked it in that it has a different, somewhat darker tone that the main SW story arc. It even strayed away from being Disney-esque in that all the main protagonists died. The original trilogy, and even in the SW Rebels series, the rebels are portrayed as goody-goody. When Cassian killed the informant in cold blood, it shattered that image.

The cameo of Princess Leia towards the end seemed forced to me. In SW ANH, Leia was telling Vader that they were on a "humanitarian mission" when Vader's star destroyer intercepted them. In Rogue One, it showed that they were being pursued since they left Scarif.

And, RIP General Princess Leia Organa Solo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Was a fan of star wars but for rouge one it seems that i was bored and slept during my viewing, I dont know why but I find the story very boring. It seems that I have seen all the gadgets and technology that they are using maybe this is why Im bored. It was dragging and every scene seems to be " have seen it" effect. Maybe the director has a different view from the original story, am not sure either. Never finished rouge one and decided to watch other movies. Just my opinion lang naman but did you really enjoy the story ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Was a fan of star wars but for rouge one it seems that i was bored and slept during my viewing, I dont know why but I find the story very boring. It seems that I have seen all the gadgets and technology that they are using maybe this is why Im bored. It was dragging and every scene seems to be " have seen it" effect. Maybe the director has a different view from the original story, am not sure either. Never finished rouge one and decided to watch other movies. Just my opinion lang naman but did you really enjoy the story ?

Thanks

The point of the "anthology" movies is to explore new directions in which to take the franchise. It's expected that not all of these non-Skywalker Saga movies will hit the spot for all viewers. Rogue one sought to emphasize the "war" aspect of star wars and I think taking it back to the galactic civil war era and answer a few lingering questions was a good choice. It also got to portray a darker side of the Rebel Alliance. My opinion of Rogue One is that it ticked off all the boxes on what I wanted from a Star Wars movie (space battles, stormtroopers, new starships, new droids, a dash of the force), and I consider it to be the best Star Wars movie so far.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...