Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

This block kinda reminds me of the block that Tayshaun Prince did to Reggie Miller with a lesser magnitude but it did help propel the pistons to win the game and eventually the series against the Pacers in the ECF, where the pistons faced the heavily favorite L.A. Lakers of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton

i saw that game, at the time i was asking myself, reggie was at least 3-4 steps ahead of prince and he had the layup so how come he got blocked. i've never thought about it but when he talked about it on the show OPEN COURT. he mentioned that he was 39 yrs old at the time and even if he wanted to dunk it, he could'nt anymore because of his age. i never realized it at the time that i was watching him now i understand how tayshaun caught up with him.

the difference with the iguodala block, he was fairly young he's only 32 right now and he can still dunk it. its just that lebron is some freak of nature catching up to him.

Orlando acquires Serge Ibaka in multiplayer swap with OKC

post-481684-0-54543600-1466738964_thumb.jpgpost-481684-0-55935400-1466739056_thumb.jpgpost-481684-0-63512300-1466739078_thumb.jpg

Royce Young
ESPN Staff Writer
11:08 AM CT

The Orlando Magic acquired forward Serge Ibaka in a multiplayer trade Thursday night with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder received guard Victor Oladipo, forward Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to power forward Domantas Sabonis, who was taken with the 11th pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night.

The Vertical first reported the deal. The teams later announced it as official.

"Serge (Ibaka) is a young veteran who brings tremendous athleticism and toughness to our frontcourt," Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said. "His tireless work ethic and wealth of playoff experience will help enhance our culture and roster. We thank Victor (Oladipo) for all of his contributions both on the court and in the community. We wish him and Ersan (Ilyasova) the best of luck in the future."

Ibaka, a first-round pick of the Thunder organization in 2008, turns 26 in September. He agreed to a four-year extension in 2012 worth $48 million and is owed $12.25 million in 2016-17. The move will give the Thunder some added salary-cap room with Kevin Durant set to become a free agent on July 1 and Russell Westbrook able to hit the open market next offseason.

A three-time NBA all-defensive player, Ibaka led the league in blocks for four straight seasons, before finishing fourth in the category in 2014-15 and third last season. He has also added some longer-range shooting to his game, averaging 1.7 3-pointers per game in 2015-16, tied for second on the Thunder.

Ibaka called the 2015-16 season his most challenging, this after averaging 12.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game -- his lowest marks in four years.

He was asked to be a do-everything forward, something he admitted after the season was difficult mentally.

"No more fake 4," Ibaka said at exit interviews, after the Thunder were eliminated by the Golden State Warriors in seven games of the Western Conference finals.

"My mind is ready to play 1, 2, 3, 4. Yeah, it wasn't easy playing different roles and both ends of the floor. But it was good for us, good for the team. It was helpful, and that's why we got this far, because everybody did their job."

With Durant's free agency looming over all Thunder personnel decisions, the move is a gamble, but one that gets the team younger, and deeper. Instead of it being a move to brace for a Durant departure, the Thunder see it as one that strengthens their position to keep him.

Ibaka, no doubt an important part of the roster, was becoming unsatisfied with his place on the team. There were growing grumbles from him about his role and responsibilities, with him lamenting his touches at one point during the regular season. With Ibaka's contract up after next season, there was a growing sentiment he would look for another team in free agency.

The 6-foot-10 Ibaka, a "founding father" of the organization as general manager Sam Presti has called him, was selected by the Thunder 24th overall in 2008. He was asked at the team's exit interviews about his future with the organization, and he said he was positive he'd remain.

"No, I'm not worried," Ibaka said of his future earlier this month. "I'm not thinking, and I'm not talking about this. I'm still a Thunder. I'm going to wear the Thunder jersey next year, so there's nothing to talk about right now, because it's not important."

In Oladipo, 24, the Thunder add a slashing, attacking guard who is a capable defender and a solid 3-point shooter. The Thunder have been enamored with Oladipo; they tried to move up in the draft in 2013 to take him.

Ilyasova, 29, is a stretch 4 who has played for the Bucks, Pistons and Magic. His $8.4 million contract is only guaranteed for $400,000 before July 1.

Sabonis, the son of Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis, averaged 17.6 points and 12 rebounds for Gonzaga as a 6-foot-10 power forward during his sophomore season.

The Magic are coming off a 35-47 season in which they missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season and are looking to add talent and depth.

Information from ESPN's Jeff Goodman and Chris Broussard was used in this report.

Orlando acquires Serge Ibaka in multiplayer swap with OKC

attachicon.gifibaka.jpgattachicon.gifvictor.jpgattachicon.gifsabonis.JPG

Royce Young
ESPN Staff Writer
11:08 AM CT

The Orlando Magic acquired forward Serge Ibaka in a multiplayer trade Thursday night with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder received guard Victor Oladipo, forward Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to power forward Domantas Sabonis, who was taken with the 11th pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night.

The Vertical first reported the deal. The teams later announced it as official.

"Serge (Ibaka) is a young veteran who brings tremendous athleticism and toughness to our frontcourt," Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said. "His tireless work ethic and wealth of playoff experience will help enhance our culture and roster. We thank Victor (Oladipo) for all of his contributions both on the court and in the community. We wish him and Ersan (Ilyasova) the best of luck in the future."

Ibaka, a first-round pick of the Thunder organization in 2008, turns 26 in September. He agreed to a four-year extension in 2012 worth $48 million and is owed $12.25 million in 2016-17. The move will give the Thunder some added salary-cap room with Kevin Durant set to become a free agent on July 1 and Russell Westbrook able to hit the open market next offseason.

A three-time NBA all-defensive player, Ibaka led the league in blocks for four straight seasons, before finishing fourth in the category in 2014-15 and third last season. He has also added some longer-range shooting to his game, averaging 1.7 3-pointers per game in 2015-16, tied for second on the Thunder.

Ibaka called the 2015-16 season his most challenging, this after averaging 12.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game -- his lowest marks in four years.

He was asked to be a do-everything forward, something he admitted after the season was difficult mentally.

"No more fake 4," Ibaka said at exit interviews, after the Thunder were eliminated by the Golden State Warriors in seven games of the Western Conference finals.

"My mind is ready to play 1, 2, 3, 4. Yeah, it wasn't easy playing different roles and both ends of the floor. But it was good for us, good for the team. It was helpful, and that's why we got this far, because everybody did their job."

With Durant's free agency looming over all Thunder personnel decisions, the move is a gamble, but one that gets the team younger, and deeper. Instead of it being a move to brace for a Durant departure, the Thunder see it as one that strengthens their position to keep him.

Ibaka, no doubt an important part of the roster, was becoming unsatisfied with his place on the team. There were growing grumbles from him about his role and responsibilities, with him lamenting his touches at one point during the regular season. With Ibaka's contract up after next season, there was a growing sentiment he would look for another team in free agency.

The 6-foot-10 Ibaka, a "founding father" of the organization as general manager Sam Presti has called him, was selected by the Thunder 24th overall in 2008. He was asked at the team's exit interviews about his future with the organization, and he said he was positive he'd remain.

"No, I'm not worried," Ibaka said of his future earlier this month. "I'm not thinking, and I'm not talking about this. I'm still a Thunder. I'm going to wear the Thunder jersey next year, so there's nothing to talk about right now, because it's not important."

In Oladipo, 24, the Thunder add a slashing, attacking guard who is a capable defender and a solid 3-point shooter. The Thunder have been enamored with Oladipo; they tried to move up in the draft in 2013 to take him.

Ilyasova, 29, is a stretch 4 who has played for the Bucks, Pistons and Magic. His $8.4 million contract is only guaranteed for $400,000 before July 1.

Sabonis, the son of Hall of Famer Arvydas Sabonis, averaged 17.6 points and 12 rebounds for Gonzaga as a 6-foot-10 power forward during his sophomore season.

The Magic are coming off a 35-47 season in which they missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season and are looking to add talent and depth.

Information from ESPN's Jeff Goodman and Chris Broussard was used in this report.

Aw, is this a sign that KD won't be re-signing?

Aw, is this a sign that KD won't be re-signing?

actually this is a trade they wanted to make in order to clear up more salary cap in order to re-sign him. They've always targeted oladipo and liked to sign him now they have with this trade. Ibaka was growing impatient with his role on the team and wanted to have more touches offensively within the team. Everyone knows that wasn't going to happen with Durant and Westbrook getting the majority of those touches plus i think they got deeper with signing Ilyasova and a young Sabonis who can pretty much cover the void left by Ibaka.

they go younger and more deeper doing this. to me i like this trade. it tells Durant that the Thunder are making moves to make the team better and be more competitive in the West with the Warriors and Spurs

actually this is a trade they wanted to make in order to clear up more salary cap in order to re-sign him. They've always targeted oladipo and liked to sign him now they have with this trade. Ibaka was growing impatient with his role on the team and wanted to have more touches offensively within the team. Everyone knows that wasn't going to happen with Durant and Westbrook getting the majority of those touches plus i think they got deeper with signing Ilyasova and a young Sabonis who can pretty much cover the void left by Ibaka.

they go younger and more deeper doing this. to me i like this trade. it tells Durant that the Thunder are making moves to make the team better and be more competitive in the West with the Warriors and Spurs

Thanks, pretty good analogy. I thought they're preparing for him leaving and maybe Westbrook next year. So much potential in Oladipo and that Ilyasova/Sabonis acquisition makes sense. They still have Adams who played decently in postseason and Kanter who is able to give them good minutes while on the floor as well.

Thanks, pretty good analogy. I thought they're preparing for him leaving and maybe Westbrook next year. So much potential in Oladipo and that Ilyasova/Sabonis acquisition makes sense. They still have Adams who played decently in postseason and Kanter who is able to give them good minutes while on the floor as well.

there is this article from march 2016 where Ibaka was complaining about his role on the team and wanting to get more involved in the offense.

http://thunderousintentions.com/2016/03/29/serge-ibaka-wants-to-be-involved/

After a 119-100 win against the Toronto Raptors Monday night, Ibaka gave Anthony Slater, of the Oklahoman, one of the more interesting quotes to come out of the Thunder lockerrom this year:

“I’m gonna tell you the truth, it’s hard sometimes when you play hard, you play you’re (butt off)…You play so hard on defense, then you come to offense and you’re going to be out there in the corner for 4, 5, 6, sometimes 8 minutes and you don’t touch the ball. We human, man. It’s hard.”

clearly he was unhappy with his role on the team and wanted a more active role in the offense

this was one of the reasons why they traded him. of course during the playoffs they weren't going to focus on this issue until after their playoff run ended but this type of dissension can grow inside the locker room. the thunder were better off without this conflict especially since they are trying to get re-sign Durant this offseason. but like i said, the thunder got better with this trade.

Edited by hahnz

there is this article from march 2016 where Ibaka was complaining about his role on the team and wanting to get more involved in the offense.

http://thunderousintentions.com/2016/03/29/serge-ibaka-wants-to-be-involved/

After a 119-100 win against the Toronto Raptors Monday night, Ibaka gave Anthony Slater, of the Oklahoman, one of the more interesting quotes to come out of the Thunder lockerrom this year:

“I’m gonna tell you the truth, it’s hard sometimes when you play hard, you play you’re (butt off)…You play so hard on defense, then you come to offense and you’re going to be out there in the corner for 4, 5, 6, sometimes 8 minutes and you don’t touch the ball. We human, man. It’s hard.”

clearly he was unhappy with his role on the team and wanted a more active role in the offense

this was one of the reasons why they traded him. of course during the playoffs they weren't going to focus on this issue until after their playoff run ended but this type of dissension can grow inside the locker room. the thunder were better off without this conflict especially since they are trying to get re-sign Durant this offseason. but like i said, the thunder got better with this trade.

I definitely agree. I also hope this will result into a breakout season for Elfrid Payton of the Magic under Frank Vogel.

Edited by kind patron

Elrid payton?

That kid has no decent outside shot....cant finish strong at the rim...maybe 2-3 more years for him to get a breakout season....

Im more of thinking a breakout season for their 2 bigs...vucevic and aaron gordon....with ibaka now mentoring them....nikolai can focus on the offensive end....and aaron gordon hopefully will have a blake griffin type of season....i always see aaron gordon as an eastern conference version of blake...

Oladipo? From being a starter...now he has to fight for his minutes with waiters....unless oladipo is OKCs insurance if ever waiters doest resign also....

Sabonis, kanter and adams...now thats a solid frontcourt lineup....

Edited by azraelmd

Elrid payton?

That kid has no decent outside shot....cant finish strong at the rim...maybe 2-3 more years for him to get a breakout season....

Im more of thinking a breakout season for their 2 bigs...vucevic and aaron gordon....with ibaka now mentoring them....nikolai can focus on the offensive end....and aaron gordon hopefully will have a blake griffin type of season....i always see aaron gordon as an eastern conference version of blake...

Oladipo? From being a starter...now he has to fight for his minutes with waiters....unless oladipo is OKCs insurance if ever waiters doest resign also....

yeah, I agree with your Payton analogy that he's far from being there. Luckily, they still have Brandon Jennings and it feels like everyone overlooked him. Then again, an Achilles injury really dampens your career to the brim.

VO's gonna take over Roberson and Waiters in the rotation and would start alongside Russ, KD, Adams, and Kanter. Another great piece too if they do decide to not give Cam Payne too much minutes.

Ibaka's gonna be a double-edged sword for Orlando. Yes, he could cover up for Nik Vucevic's defensive lapses but he also hurts Aaron Gordon's development if he plays the four a lot. They tried using Gordon at the three last year and he wasn't really efficient. Then again, that was at a time he was playing as Tobias Harris' sub.

What I liked about Orlando's move was that they not only rid themselves of a logjam in the wings, but it's really clear that they want to have shooters around their bigs. This is so 'cause Mario Hezonja's a better shooter than VO. Ditto with Evan Fournier who'd they would definitely sign this summer. And yes, Jennings > Payton in terms of shooting too so that's that.

Tbh, the Magic could up the ante and get something better than Elfrid Payton. Three-way trade with the Sixers and the Suns? Payton to Philly (who originally drafted him and was traded for Dario Saric), Brandon Knight to Orlando, Phoenix gets Fournier or a Philly pick? :D

It is going to be a long-@ss offseason. I suspect some obscure team is brewing up a trade and give away and magic broohaha to form a super team like the '08 celtics. I am not even passing any opinions about the rookies, not that I hate them or anything. Let the general managers do their thing. Make them prevent another Cavs championship but if LeBron and his team win another trophy next year then let them allow owners to destroy everything this recently concluded has achieved by doing another lockout.

Kevin Durant adds meetings with Celtics, Heat, Clippers, per source

Kevin Durant and his representatives have added free-agency meetings with the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The three additions join previously reported plans for face-to-face talks with the Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder.

Durant is also considering meeting with the New York Knicks but has no plans to talk to his hometown Washington Wizards, the source said.

The Wizards were already doubtful about their chances of signing Durant, a team source told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

Durant, 27, has spent his entire nine-year career with the Thunder franchise. He averaged 28.2 points per game last season and led the Thunder to within one victory of the NBA Finals.

NBA free agency officially begins July 1.

Kevin Durant adds meetings with Celtics, Heat, Clippers, per source

Kevin Durant and his representatives have added free-agency meetings with the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The three additions join previously reported plans for face-to-face talks with the Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder.

Durant is also considering meeting with the New York Knicks but has no plans to talk to his hometown Washington Wizards, the source said.

The Wizards were already doubtful about their chances of signing Durant, a team source told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

Durant, 27, has spent his entire nine-year career with the Thunder franchise. He averaged 28.2 points per game last season and led the Thunder to within one victory of the NBA Finals.

NBA free agency officially begins July 1.

seems like a very busy off season for kd.

Elrid payton?

I would have stick with my speculation that Elfrid will benefit from this trade. Yes, he offensive game needs developing, but the other things that he offers are something to look forward to. And if he gets more touches now at the point, I bet he will be a good pick specially in fantasy leagues.

Sources: Thunder prepping for run at Al Horford

Brian Windhorst
ESPN Senior Writer
7:23 PM CT

As they prepare to make their pitch to Kevin Durant, the Oklahoma City Thunder have been making calls around the league looking to clear a massive amount of salary-cap space in a move rival executives believe is an effort to go after free agent Al Horford in addition to Durant, multiple sources told ESPN.

Horford played for Thunder coach Billy Donovan at Florida, where they teamed up to win two national titles, and they remain close. The Thunder have an opening at power forward after trading Serge Ibaka to the Orlando Magic last week.

Over the past several days, the Thunder have sought out teams with open salary-cap space to possibly absorb Enes Kanter and Kyle Singler, sources said. The Thunder have other methods of opening cap space, including waiving Anthony Morrow, whose contract isn't guaranteed until July 15.

Numerous teams are believed to have interest in Horford, who is regarded as one of the top free agents on the market. That includes the Atlanta Hawks, where Horford has played his entire nine-year career and made four All-Star teams.

Horford averaged 15.2 points and 7.3 rebounds and played all 82 games for the Hawks last season.

After trading Jeff Teague last week, the Hawks have opened enough cap space to re-sign Horford and free-agent wing Kent Bazemore and potentially add another free agent. They have scheduled a meeting with Atlanta native Dwight Howard, ESPN reported Wednesday.

In conversations with rival teams, the Thunder have indicated they will know which route they are taking early in July, sources said. Durant is scheduled to meet with five teams over the first three days of free agency after meeting with the Thunder on Thursday.

Edited by hahnz
Sources: Andre Drummond, Pistons closing on five-year max deal

Andre Drummond and the Detroit Pistons are nearing an agreement on a five-year maximum contract in the $130 million range, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Drummond and the Pistons have quickly moved to the final stages of negotiations on a verbal agreement since free agency began Friday at 12:01 a.m. ET.

The deal can't be officially signed until a league-wide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 7, but sources said any outstanding minor details would be wrapped up later Friday.

After the sides mutually agreed not to do a contract extension last October, making Drummond a restricted free agent this summer, ‎Detroit's No. 1 offseason priority was always securing Drummond's future as quickly as possible.

The Pistons can announce an agreement in the early days of the period, but they will wait for an official signing to allow the Pistons to use up their cap space. They hold Drummond's Bird Rights, which allows teams to go over the cap to retain their own free agents.‎

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dwight Howard, Hawks reportedly reach 3-year, $70.5M deal: Things to know Does this signing signal the end for Al Horford in Atlanta?

One of the biggest dominoes in the 2016 NBA free agency period has fallen. Shams Charania of The Vertical is reporting Dwight Howard has agreed to a deal with the Atlanta Hawks. The contract is reported to be for three years, paying Howard $70.5 million to come back to his hometown for the next stage of his career.

It's worth noting the Hawks still have Al Horford as an unrestricted free agent on the market, but the addition of Howard and the existence of Paul Millsap at the 4 for Atlanta probably means Horford is no longer going to be a part of this team.

post-481684-0-47469000-1467428914_thumb.jpg

The Hawks will be Howard's fourth team after beginning his career with the Orlando Magic, playing one disastrous season with the Los Angeles Lakers, and spending the last three seasons with the Houston Rockets.

Here are the five things to know about Dwight Howard heading home to Atlanta to play for the Hawks:

1. This likely means Al Horford is gone

You're not going to sign Dwight Howard and then re-sign Al Horford. Not to mention, Howard isn't as good as Horford at this point in their respective careers. Horford is probably as good defensively if not better (he anchored the Hawks to the No. 2 defense in the NBA this season) and he's a much better and more versatile offensive weapon. Howard is a better rebounder, but that's really the only advantage he has against Horford. So why would you make sure to sign Howard before Horford has made a decision?

Maybe those rumors about Horford wanting out of Atlanta were true after all. If Horford isn't the guy the Hawks are pressing to sign to be their center one day into free agency, they had to have felt he wasn't a realistic option. This leaves the door open to Boston as the most popular landing spot for Horford's services. The Houston Rockets will pitch Horford hard. The Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks could be dark horses in that chase for Horford, but the Celtics would have to be the prohibitive favorites.

2. Dwight Howard and Paul Millsap complement each other nicely

Stan Van Gundy knew that to maximize Dwight Howard within the offense, you needed a versatile power forward who can play both inside and out. Rashard Lewis was that guy for them. Ryan Anderson was that guy for them. Howard didn't have that with Pau Gasol in his one year with the Lakers. With the Rockets, they never really had any solid power forward options whether they were going big or going small. Injuries usually kept them from getting great, extended looks with Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas.

Paul Millsap is going to be the best power forward Howard has ever played with and he can attack from the post, facing up, or stretching the floor to the perimeter. He's also a very good defender, which means Dwight may not have to anchor so much of the defense on every possession. They can allow him to hang back, communicate, and pick his spots in when he challenges dribble penetration to the hoop.

Offensively, Mike Budenholzer's struggle will be to convince Dwight to be involved in pick-and-rolls or orbit the restricted area as a cutter, rather than ask to post up to show he's a dominant force on the block (which he isn't). All of those things are easier said than done, but they're also accomplished much easier with Millsap on the floor, taking the attention of the opposing defense. A nice balance between the two big man can be found quite easily, and Howard, in theory, can feast with the way the Hawks' system moves the defense side-to-side.

3. Dwight Howard isn't as bad as you think he is

He was once a big figure in the NBA and someone who was so effective that people wondered if the Miami Heat should move Dwyane Wade or LeBron James to acquire the big man from Orlando. In hindsight, that's pretty laughable but at the time, it was a real discussion. Since then, he's had a major back surgery and his time with the Lakers really sullied his reputation. He didn't turn the Rockets into a real title contender with James Harden, and their shenanigans in the locker room and behind closed doors ended up adding to the punchline that has become the stigma surrounding Howard.

He also didn't get enough touches -- or the right touches -- on offense. He has to be convinced of it, but he's still a dominant player in the pick-and-roll. He's still a very good defensive player. He's had an impact on both ends of the floor in non-toxic work environments. Sure, he's caused some of the toxicity over the years, but get the right team culture there and he can still thrive. He's also not as bad in the post as people make him out to be, but you don't want to force feed him the ball to prove it. You want aggressiveness and usage in moderation with him.

4. Howard probably not as reliable as Hawks need him to be

With that said, you probably can't rely on him a ton. The Hawks will need Tiago Splitter to get back to full health after his hip surgery to provide a stable backup center. Howard's back is an issue and it's going to continue to be an issue. With the mileage he has, the pounding he endures, and the injury history he possesses, it may be a bit of a ticking time bomb in trying to keep him consistently effective on the court. And if he demands the ball in the post to prove to Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley that he's a dominant player, it will derail what the Hawks love to do offensively.

5. Dwight is this year's Greg Monroe, which could be bad thing for Atlanta

What if Howard is the Greg Monroe of this summer? Big target in free agency. Coveted big man despite flaws. Signs a big three-year deal with a non-powerhouse. Then after a year of this experiment, we're wondering how they can get out of this deal. That could be the reality of where the Hawks stand with Howard. This will be a very fluid relationship and experiment. Maybe going home will energize him to keep the right mindset and fit into Budenholzer's schemes without going the square peg in round hole route. He's going to have to prove this was the right move for both sides though, especially if it costs them Horford in the process.

post-481684-0-37139100-1467428986_thumb.jpg

Even if some people think that they don't deserve that paycheck. Some team who has the capability to pay in this case, almost all teams can and will do it. Take the case of Mozgov, Even if some people didn't think he deserved that much money based on his play. The Lakers went ahead and paid him because thats what the market is going for guys like him. If the Lakers decided to wait to sign him, some other team would have gone and picked him up for the same contract for the same price.

Bulls reach two-year deal with Rajon Rondo

post-481684-0-72403900-1467631429_thumb.jpg

Rajon Rondo has agreed with the Chicago Bulls on a two-year contract worth almost $28 million, he confirmed to The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears.

"I'm excited. Great organization with pieces around me that I'm excited about," Rondo told The Undefeated about going to the Bulls.

The second season of Rondo's deal is partially guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The 30-year-old point guard becomes the Bulls' replacement for Derrick Rose, the former NBA MVP who was traded to the New York Knicks last month.

Chicago will be Rondo's fourth team in less than two years. He spent his first 8½ seasons in Boston, winning a championship with the Celtics in 2008. The Celtics traded him to Dallas in December 2014, and Rondo spent last season in Sacramento.

Rondo averaged 11.9 points and an NBA-best 11.7 assists per game with the Kings. Last season was the fourth in which Rondo averaged a double-double and the first time he did so since 2012-13 -- the last of his four All-Star seasons with the Celtics.

He had at least 10 assists in 51 of his 72 games with the Kings last season, including two games in which he finished with 20 -- both against the Charlotte Hornets. He is going to a Bulls club that went 42-40 last season under then-rookie coach Fred Hoiberg as Chicago missed the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

The Kevin Durant decision to sign with the Golden State Warriors kind of reminds of a guy from Cleveland back in 2010 When he decided to leave Cleveland and join a Superteam in Miami.

You can insert Kevin Durant here as he's sitting right next to Steph Curry and Klay Thompson as Durant announces "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYe8B--jrbs

NBA Fans react to Kevin Durant's surprising Decision to sign with the Warriors by burning his Jersey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkD5eq3rOjI

NBA ESPN Analyst Stephen A Smith reacts to Kevin Durant Decision to sign with the Warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v4uGcx78bQ

Personally i agree with what Stephen A Smith. As I've been reading on which teams he granted the interviews with i was confident that he would either sign back with the Thunder or if he did leave, he would sign with a team that had a promising pool of players like Boston, or the Knicks.

I didn't expect him to sign with the Warriors a team that they almost beat last season being up 3-1 in the series. This move by Durant tells me that he didn't believe in the system or the process that OKC GM Sam Presti was building. I mean that's why they did the Ibaka trade, they wanted to get better. They have the pieces together to compete with Adams and Kanter and Westbrook.

Stephen A Smith was right in calling KD weak. He is weak, he's mentally weak. Someone who couldn't handle the pressure of the struggles of winning a championship in Oklahoma city. The only difference between him and Lebron is, Lebron left Cleveland because it had no talent at the time. KD is leaving a very good situation in OKC with all the pieces and talent that's already there to join an already great team that will use him as a piece in a puzzle not showcase him as the superstar that he is had he stayed in OKC.

Even if KD wins a championship in Golden State i don't think it will have the profound effect unike if he won with a team that was on the rise instead of an established team like the Warriors

I've never liked Super teams and i never will. I like the struggle that goes behind winning a championship. It's more special and has a lasting effect in history. Lebron did it with the Cavs this year. Dirk did it with the Mavs back in 2011 Wade did it with the Heat in 2006. The Pistons with Chauncey Billups did it in 2004.

I hope KD doesn't start complaining during the season that his 27 ppg will drop because he has to share the ball with Curry and Thompson. I wonder how that dynamic will play out.