Dc And Marvel Universe

Got my comics at Filbars today, mukhang maganda yung Rage of the Red Lanterns storyline.. It seems like Geoff Johns is masterminding another classic.. Maganda ang simula sana wag sumablay sa huli.. If this is a prelude of sorts to the Blackest Night, then, Blackest Night should be a hit.. :thumbsupsmiley:

^Nice collection..:thumbsupsmiley:

Kakaunti lang ang aking pulls for this week.. Salamat naman.. hehehe..

JSA #20

Sandman: Dream Hunters #1

I though lalabas na yung part 3 ng New Krypton (apparently, delayed) na Guardians of Metropolis #1 at akala ko lalabas na din yung Part 2 ng Rage of the Red Lanterns storyline.. Pati yung mga JSA/Kingdom Come wala pa din..

Wala akong pending na comics sa CO or sa Filbars man.. I was able to get all of my comics yesterday at CO, so, I have also browsed through the JOKER HC.. Ang ganda! Punyeta! haha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

^Nice collection..:thumbsupsmiley:

Kakaunti lang ang aking pulls for this week.. Salamat naman.. hehehe..

JSA #20

Sandman: Dream Hunters #1

I though lalabas na yung part 3 ng New Krypton (apparently, delayed) na Guardians of Metropolis #1 at akala ko lalabas na din yung Part 2 ng Rage of the Red Lanterns storyline.. Pati yung mga JSA/Kingdom Come wala pa din..

Wala akong pending na comics sa CO or sa Filbars man.. I was able to get all of my comics yesterday at CO, so, I have also browsed through the JOKER HC.. Ang ganda! Punyeta! haha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

My pulls this week:

Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1(Cool concept and character design at least for my taste,and he's a brand new character.)

Adventure Comics Special Guardian #1(hindi naman madedelay ito ah),and i'm thinking of getting its variant too.

Avengers Initiative Special

Final Crisis Resist #1 (kahit hindi ko trip,tie in kasi eh)

Kull #1 (he seems like conan so thats a no brainer for me to get.)

Hindi ko trip Ultimatum dahil parang walang point of collecting ultimate marvel stories sa tingin ko icacancel din nila ang imprint na yan.Cash cow lang ng marvel yan ngayon.Bad ass ang mga pulls niyo dito ah,pati HC's mahal nun ah.Ok sana kung gusto ko yung character,in case of joker not my taste,kung si black adam pa ang gawan nila ng HC story sure buy saken yun.Black Adam is my favorite Dc character along with the Flash and Green Lantern.Ang Tagal pa kasi ng Flash Rebirth sa February pa ata,yun ang problem ko by that time next year nasa australia ako eh parang walang comic bookstores dun tulad ng CO.Kaya ayoko umalis dahil sa mga comic collection hehe.

correct me if i'm wrong but i've read an interview with DAN of DC somewhere saying that FLASH : REBIRTH will be coming out by APRIL 2009 pa. Coz they want to concentrate on BATMAN after R.I.P. muna. Year end pa ang BLACKEST NIGHT. :headsetsmiley:

You're correct on this bro. It seems they want to establish the series in the right time since there would be a new Batman.

Hindi ko trip Ultimatum dahil parang walang point of collecting ultimate marvel stories sa tingin ko icacancel din nila ang imprint na yan.Cash cow lang ng marvel yan ngayon.Bad ass ang mga pulls niyo dito ah,pati HC's mahal nun ah.Ok sana kung gusto ko yung character,in case of joker not my taste,kung si black adam pa ang gawan nila ng HC story sure buy saken yun.Black Adam is my favorite Dc character along with the Flash and Green Lantern.Ang Tagal pa kasi ng Flash Rebirth sa February pa ata,yun ang problem ko by that time next year nasa australia ako eh parang walang comic bookstores dun tulad ng CO.Kaya ayoko umalis dahil sa mga comic collection hehe.

Yep. I agree with your take on the Ultimatum line of Marvel.. Medyo nagasgas na ng sobra ang line na ito ng Marvel at sa tingin ko mahirap ng magkaroon ng magandang storylines dito ulit.. Even with Ultimate SpiderMan.. And as I have always said to khumpleetist, I never liked storylines that are not in continuity to the regular Universe.. Paminsan-minsan okay din yung mga Onslaught universe but its still tied up to the main continuity hindi kamukha nito na talagang may sariling mundo..

But honestly, it can be imagined that the Ultimate Universe can coincide with the regular one.. Di ba sa JSA ngayon andun na yung Kingdom Come Supes.. haha.. That is not too far a concept that Marvel may try copying from DC.. :rolleyes:

Wala bang comicbook shops sa Australia, bro? That sucks! Sa tingin ko, meron din dun, you just have to really look for it, as Australia is a vast country, bro..

Bawas bawasn mo na muna kasi yang photograph bro at kumain ka ng kumain. Kaya di ka tumataba eh. :lol:

At dapat din kasi bawas-bawasan ni reachard ang panunuod ng JAV videos at pangongolekta ng JAV cards.. Right, reachard? Kakapayat at nakakapanghina yan, bro.. haha.. J/K!

Was browsing through the new Previews last night.. Let me start with my new thoughts on Marvel's Previews..

I can't take my eyes off of Icognito #2 because of the semi-painted-artwork that Sean Phillips did.. Sure na ito sa mga pulls ko, this December (the first issue is coming this Dec).. Ed Brubaker's works on Marvel's Icon line is a no-brainer..

I was also thinking of dropping XMen: Legacy after Original Sin, but I guess, I will be coming back as Rogue is making her comeback in that X-book.. 5 issue-run ito.. XMen: Legacy #220 ang start..

No-brainer na ang Thor #600.. Sigurado na din ito sa pulls ko..

The Punisher is making some noise as Rick Remender writes a tale that coincides with Marvel's Dark Reign.. I am not much of a Punisher fanatic, but I am picking this series up because it might have some repurcussions in the future.. Punisher might k*ll some major villains/heroes.. haha..

Much to my dismay, I can not pick up the Marvels sequel called Marvels: Eye of the Camera.. Wala na akong budget for this.. Unless, good reviews prompt me to pick it up.. #1 is coming this December and as I was looking at #2's artwork, it seems like I don't really like it.. So, I am sticking to my decision in not getting this Marvel line..

I am getting the SpiderMan one-shot called Spiderman: Fear Itself #1.. Maganda ang art-work na pinakita nila and there is nothing wrong it picking up Spidey one-shots that pits Petey Boy to a Marvel super-hero.. In this case, its the Man-Thing.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Madaming tie-ins ang Dark Reign, will just get the main issues like Dark Avengers at kung ano yung parang importante sa palagay ko.. Mahirap namang bilhin ang lahat dahil baka cash-cows lang ng Marvel ang ilang issues.. Will most likely get Mighty Avengers and New Avengers, because of the Avengers tag in both titles.. My decision has not changed since last month..

Edited by revi

Now, my reactions to the DC Previews page..

As Final Crisis and New Krypton draw to a close, Faces of Evil becomes DC's newest Cash Cow.. Eto yung mga comics that feature Villain covers.. I am getting only one FOE comicbook, Faces of Evil: Prometheus.. This is a lead-in comicbook of sorts to the new JLA series..

I thought I am going to stop JSA after the Kingdom Come storyline, but I think I would still get the title.. Black Adam ba naman.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Nothing really new in Vertigo and in Wildstorm.. Same old, same old.. hehe.. Kaya wala akon dagdag masyado sa DC for Jan..

For my indie fix naman.. Here are my new pulls for January 2009:

I like what I saw in the page for Heathentown.. A Graphic Novel from Image Shadowline.. Nasa $10.. Baka magpakuha ako nito sa Comic Odyssey.. Horror-based din kasi ito at parang unique ang storyline..

I am also thinking of getting Impaler from Top Cow.. Vampire-based naman ito.. #2 na ito sa January.. Kaya sana kumuha nito si Sandy for December.. I overlooked this from last month's Previews.. But knowing Sandy, kuha siya nito dahil Top Cow naman siya eh..

Surprised when I saw that Alan Moore is back.. This time he is doing a horror themed book for Avatar Press.. Neonomicon ang title.. Will definitely get this.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa Devil's Due (DDP) naman, gusto ko yung I Am Legion ni John Cassaday.. Kung hindi lang sobrang gastos gusto ko din sanang kunin yung Hollow Eyed Mary na Graphic Novel (also from DDP) kaso, its at $15.00.. Baka hindi na kayanin ng budget.. haha..

Sa Dynamite, ayaw ko ng kunin yung cash cow nila for Project Superpowers.. Dami nila ginawang issues for every character yata ng Superpowers, nabwisit ako.. <_<

Edited by revi

Delay na naman comics shipment this week,ano kaya talagang "problem" baka iniipit sila ng customs pero hindi lang naman CO pati CQ and Filbars delay din kapag delay ang airlines shipment.Ok lang sanay na ako hehe friday naman pwede na,oo nga pala lumabas na ba yung Black Terror #1 ng dynamite may review na kasi sa ign and perviews sa mga ibang sites.I'm not that into indie comics like you guys here but on occassion when i spot a good story or interesting characters on an indie usually i get it and see if my taste fits in.But this week i will get kull #1 from dark horse because that's what i like a conan type character in fact he is indeed a conan character,meron pa kayag Spawn #185 sa CO malamang wala na hehe hindi ko kasi pinareserve HAAAA.

To start things noong Monday I was relieved from my company. kasi di nagre-sign ng contract sa amin kaya yun. tinaggal ang buong AM shift. (I think in my line of work, ang daming tinaggal din ng ibang companies) But I'll be well compensated: 1 month salary, xmas bonus, back pay, incentives and seperation pay. Within this week, I found a new job and I'm still gonna wait for them for my final interview and salary negotiations. I think I'll work in a different time slot, but, I'll get a higher salary na I'll be working near CO, Robinsons Galleria. yahoo!. mabilis and madalilang bumili ng comics! So, I think things are happening well for me now. I'm just logging this just to get this outta my system.

Anyway... to comics!

INCOGNITO... yes of course!!! When I restarted again collecting comics last year. CRIMINAL 2 started and I didnt know who the hell was BRUBAKER. But after finding out that he's one of the MARVEL's top go-to writers. I got his CAP AMERICA and DAREDEVIL. In his kind of genre of writing comics and storytelling, with SEAN PHILLIP's art, I think INCOGNITO will be a hit!

What do you guys think about UNCANNY X-MEN??? Parang gusto ko na kunin and get back from #501.

THOR?! F%ck yeah! Bad trip lang wala me issue #3 nya.

PUNISHER?! me too. not a punisher fan, but the idea of killing SENTRY? that would be so cool. Maybe I'll just get #1 but I doubt coz i think someday they'll retuyrn it to it's original number like what's happening now to THOR. What do you guys think?

I'm pickin' up MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA. I'll try to find a way to put this in my budget. This is lioke a no brainer.

SPIDEY: Fear Itself #1?! I'm notr sure. Pinoy ang gumawa ng pencils. but still, i'm not sure. But if you recommend it i'll reserve it in my pulls in CO.

:hypocritesmiley: :hypocritesmiley: :hypocritesmiley:

Congrats on the new job! Better pay! More comics! More Mighty Muggs! hehe.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Uncanny? Pwede mong kunin, but nothing much really happened.. I am quitting that title when the last storyline concludes.. Mas maganda ang mga nangyayari sa XMen Legacy dahil sa Original Sin na storyline.. Not really very major but something about Wolvie's relationship with Professor X..

I think the new Punisher series might just be a hit with Remender.. You might like to keep a close eye on this title.. First storyline lang din ako dito..

I am not picking up MARVELS coz I don't have the first MARVELS.. And for one, hindi na si Alex Ross ang nasa art helm..

Get the Fear Itself one-shot.. Isipin mo, Man-Thing vs. Spiderman.. That would be something, eh? :thumbsupsmiley:

fables kasi yung binabasa ko po pati sandman

Depends on what stuff ur into.

My safe recommendation would be works of the top writers. For Marvel, I suggest you get works of Ed Brubaker, Brian Bendis & Mark Millar to name a few. For DC, try getting works by Geoff Johns. You might also keep an eye on Kevin Smith's upcoming series and the return of Neil Gaiman. Oh by the way, there's this Grant Morisson guy too. Yan yung mga alam ko sa DC at Marvel.

@misty2l: Nice for a gal to drop by a male dominated thread.. Much like khumpleetist has mentioned, Neil Gaiman is doing another Sandman tale in DC's Vertigo line.. Issue #1is actually being released this week.. I would recommend that based on what comics you read (Fables & Sandman)..

@khumpleetist: Bro, are you still continuing your allocation for Sparks? If not, can you spare me a copy of Sparks #3? Na-overlook ko kasi yan 2 months back.. Nung nag-inventory ako ng mga titles ko, napansin ko na wala pa akong #3 kaso may #4 na ako.. Buset!!! hahaha.. I e-mailed Sandy to re-order said comic but he has not replied yet.. Must be busy.. Kaso kung meron ka, at willing ka to sell/trade.. I will just cancel my re-order..

Edited by revi

@revi

Nice of you to give your thoughts on upcoming titles on January, I haven't browsed Previews yet but this Sunday I'll get my copy. After Secret Invasion and Final Crisis eh stick muna ako sa mga regular series ko. Of course may mga exceptions usually yung mga may mga first apperances and milestone issues. I'll probably get first issues of the Noir line and Dark Avengers. I don't know if I'll continue DA. Eye of The Camera would be nice pero walang budget eh. Baka yung Punisher ang idagdag ko sa mga regular titles ko. Nothing so much with DC except for JLA. Thanks for the heads up FOE: Prometheus. Parang iba ata ang sitwasyon at ikaw ang nakapag update sa akin sa Big Two ah? Hahaha. For indies, I won't mention it kasi ang dami kong gusto like Impaler (even before the news surfaced that it would be revived) pero wala na akong budget para dun.

Sad to say bro I didn't continued Sparks. I only got the initial issue. I might drop by DK this month at tingnan ko kung meron dun.

@norby

Bro, yung pagkapanalo ba ni Obama eh related sa mga tanggalan sa company mo? Haha. Goodluck sa bago mong trabaho at papabor pa sa 'yo yung location

@mazinger

Si Finch ba ang artist sa Ultimatum? Bro, punta ka ba ng DK today (Nov 8, 2008)? Alam ko anniversary nila ngayon at may mga guests.