Dc And Marvel Universe

@norby

Ok yung Wolverine at Hulk na art ah. Busy ka pa ng lagay na yan ah. :thumbsupsmiley:

@revi

Tuwang tuwa nga ako ng makuha ko yung Obama variant kasi eto ata ang comic na may pinakamataas na value para sa akin.

Dami kong reservation for this week :ohmy:

DARK AVENGERS #1

GHOST RIDER #31 (I might reconsider continuing this after the current arc)

GREEN LANTERN #37

HELLBLAZER #251

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #29

MIGHTY AVENGERS #21

NEW EXILES #17 (Penultimate issue) :cry:

TANGENT SUPERMANS REIGN #11 (OF 12) (Penultimate issue) :thumbsupsmiley:

UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #2 (Just this annual, I'm not getting any X-books)

VIGILANTE #2 (Mediocre series and might get lame because of the crossover w/the Titans book) <_<

WAR MACHINE #2

Parang gusto ko basahin ulit yung fc 6 ko sa bahay. Na-imagine ko tuloy kung ano ang value ng issue na ito in the coming years. Ginawa ko pang wallpaper ng pc ko sa ofis yung pic na buhat ni Superman si Batman. Nagtatalo kami ng isang fan sa office na baka raw double (ano yan mala skrull? hehehe).

laking utang ng loob ko sa planet x kasi binigyan ako ng batman variant maski naka-reserve na lahat ng copis nila. :) Ang bait ng mga bossing. hehehe. Aabangan ko yung event sa March at mukhang interesting kung sino ang magdadala ng mantle ng Batman. Ayus na bday gift ito :)

For those of us not in the know and who have been out of the loop for a long time from collecting--how is it that the Bat died? It seems pointless asking if its for real, because there might be retcons or plot twists, but...how did he die? :questionmark:

come to think of it walang kwenta ang Batman R.I.P. di naman sya namatay dyan. sa FC namatay sya kaso mukhang too easy......mukhang pinatalsik ni darkseid si batman sa past to suffer. :hypocritesmiley:

I still do not want to read FC until all issues are in.. And as far as I know, merong "gun" si Darkseid na ginamit para mamatay si Batman.. And according to DC, this is the final installment of Batman's RIP.. So, that means, Batman ain't really dead, what mazinger said is actually what I am also thinking.. Was sent to the past kaya nga ngayon mawawala si Batman sa continuity..

IMO, Batman's death or departure ain't really that big.. Kumbaga "been there, read that" ang nararamdaman ko.. hehehe..

do you guys think necessary ang DARK AVENGERS/SECRET WARRIORS sa pull list? which one should I choose? should I get both?

I'd be getting both titles..

Darkseid's gun = another Bane?

Doesn't excite me one bit, and i'm the guy who gets excited at little events in the 'books.

So say Bats got zapped--perhaps he could have ended up in another parallel earth, and the current continuity just goes on without him. Seems to be a bit Heroes Reborey for me.

Of course, these are just speculations.

??

Yun na ba yung plan ni Grant Morrison kay Bruce Wayne...

The ending of Grant Morrison's RIP and Batman's apparent "death" in FC is still pretty vague to me, bro.. Even as I read RIP from top to bottom the 2nd time around, Morrison has delved in the past too much and it becomes a terrible read at times.. Technically, Bats did not die in RIP but he did went missing for 6 months after the helicopter explosion.. He was presumed dead and when he was ready to be visible again he was contacted by the JLA for a mission.. And BAM! FC #6!!!

This is why I felt that RIP sucked and just milked our money away.. Dahil he should have died in Batman not in FC..

I also feel that Jezebel Jet's betrayal would have repercussions as to how Wayne treats trust when he comes back in the long run.. However, if that is the only thing that would affect Wayne's character in the long run, I feel that Morrison did not do a fine job on RIP.. However, I am willing to go on & take another ride with Battle for the Cowl coz I feel that DC should have something good with this death of Batman thingie.. And I feel that Morrison would not feel good if RIP would just be "another forgotten storyline" with what has happened in FC #6.. There should be more and with that I will be getting Battle for the Cowl..

As Gotham presumes Batman to be dead, Darkseid fires a cosmic-motherf#&kin-gun at Bruce Wayne and kills him.. So, he is really dead.. Or is he? I feel that DC wants the readers to get milked with the Battle for the Cowl much like what they did with KnightQuest, etc.. And they would want to redeem themselves for making such a lame-ass resurrection in that Breaking of the Bat piece of s@%t.. But could they?

I hope so.. With the pool of writing talents that comicdom has today, they should be able to pull this one off..

BTW, for one thing, this "death" of Batman is part of the "disappearance" of DC's Trinity in the succeeding months.. Supes will be busy in New Krypton, and Wonder Woman's Rise of the Olympians will eventually make Diana disappear as well..

So, in this regard, the grand scheme of making another 52 weeks (speculating here) without the Trinity might just point to the fact that Batman ain't dead.. As I have said in my previous post on the other thread.. Batman, IMO isn't dead.. Captain America is.. But it does not mean that Steve Rogers won't be coming back sooner or later.. hehe..

Darkseid's gun = another Bane?

Doesn't excite me one bit, and i'm the guy who gets excited at little events in the 'books.

So say Bats got zapped--perhaps he could have ended up in another parallel earth, and the current continuity just goes on without him. Seems to be a bit Heroes Reborey for me.

Of course, these are just speculations.

Heroes Reborn? haha.. Another lame-ass story that shooed me away from collecting and reading comics then..

On with the topic, Batman's "death.." In RIP, Batman got drugged and had this hallucination that he was Batman of Zur-En-Arrh.. Totoo kaya itong world na ito or what? FC #6 is where he died but what is this Zur-En-Arrh.. A parallel universe? Maybe, this is where Bats is now..

Basta ang pakiramdam ko ay hindi papayag si Morrison na maging walang kwenta ang RIP.. May malaki pang hinahanda ang DC.. Kung wala, then, I've lost my respect for Grant Morrison's writing ability..

Edited by revi

^ Final Crisis is almost like Zero Hour wherein a status quo was developed but did not make much impact.. Well, the "death" of Batman is something or is it actually, nothing? haha.. Morrison should be able to do something good once he comes back to the Batman title and bring back Bruce Wayne to the forefront..

===

BTW, I would want to share my latest find.. The WANTED DVD-Boxed Set.. Been waiting for this set for the longest time now and according to Astro Vision, medyo limited ito dahil hindi daw lahat ng kanilang branches ay binigyan, as compared to the Batman Bat-Pod DVD Set.. I actually just bought the Mask-DVD-Case of both Iron Man and the Dark Knight a few months back.. 3 weeks na daw nailabas ito, and the funny thing is that I have not seen this set in any Astro branches I visited.. Sa Virra Mall ko lang ito nakita at iisa na lang ito kaya kinuha ko na..

Took some pictures and the best part is the lenticular card of Angelina Jolie.. Naka-magnetic-case pa siya.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1233453789.jpg

post-75683-1233453812.jpg

post-75683-1233453833.jpg

post-75683-1233453847.jpg

@REVI

kuya, diba nag NBA LIVE 08 k sa PSP m? nagdydynasty ka ba? kasi nakatapos na me ng season 09 ko sa dynasty tapos ayaw na ituloy. Ganun ba? 2 seasons lang ang pwede mong laruin sa dynasty. Kung ganun, that sucks. Huhuhuhuhuh. pinaghirapan kp yun kasi bawat laro 12 minutes yung time each quarter ko and maganda ang lineup ko. Binalik ko pa si SHAQ sa LAKERS ko.Huhuhuuhu.

Hindi ko nga ma-save yung dynasty mode eh.. Kaya ang ginagawa ko ngayon ay naglalaro na lang ako ng mga NBA live games na hindi naka-dynasty mode.. Atsaka wala pa ako 08, 07 pa din ang nilalaro ko.. Wala pa ako time magpa-load.. Parati ko nakakalimutan..

My pulls for the week:

Amazing Spiderman #585

Invincible Iron Man #10

Punisher #2

Secret Warriors #1

Dead Irons #1 .. Jae Lee.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sandman: Dream Hunters #4.. Last ish.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Darkhawk #1.. only this issue.. to be signed on Saturday..

I am thinking of getting the Agents of Atlas series, but parang nagdadalawang isip ako.. Kasi, by April mukhang kukunin ko yung SpiderWoman series kasi gawa ito ni Bendis.. At sa isang banda, parang milking cow na naman yung ibang Dark Reign titles ng Marvel.. Ganito din nararamdaman ko sa bagong Black Panther.. A two-bit character that Marvel is trying to drastically revive to be another milking cow of sorts.. Di kaya gimik lang yung Lady Panther.. At baka si Storm lang yun.. <_<

Hmmm.. Mukhang wala akong pulls sa DC for this week, ah..

@khumpleetist/others: What is your take on Black Panther 2?

I am thinking of getting the Agents of Atlas series, but parang nagdadalawang isip ako.. Kasi, by April mukhang kukunin ko yung SpiderWoman series kasi gawa ito ni Bendis.. At sa isang banda, parang milking cow na naman yung ibang Dark Reign titles ng Marvel.. Ganito din nararamdaman ko sa bagong Black Panther.. A two-bit character that Marvel is trying to drastically revive to be another milking cow of sorts.. Di kaya gimik lang yung Lady Panther.. At baka si Storm lang yun.. <_<

Hmmm.. Mukhang wala akong pulls sa DC for this week, ah..

@khumpleetist/others: What is your take on Black Panther 2?

Well, yung Agent Of Atlas eh parang reverse ata ng Thunderbolts ang gimmick. Kumbaga eh superheroes sila pero ang tingin ng tao eh mga villain pero heroics pa din ginagawa nila. Di ako masyado sigurado kasi hindi ako nagbasa nung last series. Kung trip mo yung ganitong concept at mala spy/james bond siguro ang concept eh kunin mo. Pass ako dito kasi hindi ko trip eh. Pero yung Secret Warriors medyo trip ko kasi mga bagong characters sila at gusto kong makita yung development ng 2 characters dun. Yung Black Panther eh mukhang gimmick lang din pero napaliwanag naman nila na hereditary yung mantle kaya medyo ok ang concept. First issue lang kukunin ko kasi hindi ako fan ni Black panther. Ok na ok yung Wanted DVD ah! :thumbsupsmiley:

Pulls ko for this week:

BLACK PANTHER 2 #1

OFFICIAL INDEX TO MARVEL UNIVERSE #2

PUNISHER #2

MARVEL MASTERWORKS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN TP VOL 01

Wala din akong DC ah. Hmmmm. :hypocritesmiley:

Well, yung Agent Of Atlas eh parang reverse ata ng Thunderbolts ang gimmick. Kumbaga eh superheroes sila pero ang tingin ng tao eh mga villain pero heroics pa din ginagawa nila. Di ako masyado sigurado kasi hindi ako nagbasa nung last series. Kung trip mo yung ganitong concept at mala spy/james bond siguro ang concept eh kunin mo. Pass ako dito kasi hindi ko trip eh. Pero yung Secret Warriors medyo trip ko kasi mga bagong characters sila at gusto kong makita yung development ng 2 characters dun. Yung Black Panther eh mukhang gimmick lang din pero napaliwanag naman nila na hereditary yung mantle kaya medyo ok ang concept. First issue lang kukunin ko kasi hindi ako fan ni Black panther. Ok na ok yung Wanted DVD ah! :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks for the input and complement, bro.. I would not be getting Agents of Atlas, as well.. But if ign.com says its significant, then, by all means, I might just give it a shot.. Sigurado na din ako sa Secret Warriors dahil kay Bendis.. Black Panther baka magpa-reserve ako but I will still have to read the reviews before I decide to get a copy.. Hard times ngayon, dapat tipid din ang pagkuha ng titles.. :rolleyes:

I recommend that we should use Comic Odyssey - facebook, we can posts our pull lists there and talk stuff over there. we can also recommend stuff to Sandy what he can improve or events .. something about that right?

I just opened an account sa Facebook.. Will try to post some stuff there on CO's account.. But I will still post here dahil first love ko sa internet ang MTC.. haha..

I'm droppin DAREDEVIL na. tapos na LADY BULLSEYE arc eh..

I suggest not to.. The return of the Kingpin might become a HOT storyline.. I am thinking of dropping the arc after this, though..

Parehong pareho kami ng opinion ni Anthony_Martin sa Agent Of Atlas at saka naniniwala ako na ok naman lahat yung spin-off titles sa Dark Reign. Medyo yung War Machine lang ang hindi pa konektado masyado kay Osborn kasi wala pang nabanggit si War Machine na interesado siya kay Osborn although si Osborn eh interesado na sa kanya (see War Machine #1). Pero kung ikukumpara yung AOA sa Secret Warriors eh pareho lang silang against kay Osborn pero mas direct yung SW. Pero pinaka direct si Punisher. Hahaha! First issue lang ako ng Black Panther or kung saan marereveal yung bagong Black Panther.

@norby

Gagawa ako ng Facebook account this February pero siyempre magpopost pa din ako dito.

My reservations for this weeK:

BLACK PANTHER 2 #1

OFFICIAL INDEX TO MARVEL UNIVERSE #2

PUNISHER #2