Dc And Marvel Universe

@mazinger: Thank you for the head's up on All Star Bats #10.. Coz after I read the link that you posted, I quickly texted Filbars Riverbanks and had another copy reserved (I got one copy yesterday kasi).. And yknow what, I even had Filbars' one and only variant copy reserved as well.. Luckily, that copy was in their Riverbanks branch.. Got the variant today.. And we all know that Filbars sell their variant cheap, right? haha.. So, again thanks, bro!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

@all: You should get copies of this even though you are not reading All Star Batman.. Why? Well, in ebay, these are selling like hot pancakes.. The variant alone is selling at around $60-70.. I even saw a combined Variant and common copy that sold for around $150.. Misprints and recalls make prices of comics or any other collectible go upscale.. I think only Filbars might have copies of this comicbook here in the PI.. Kung hype man lang ito, ano ba naman ang masama na sugalan niyo ang isang comicbook na worth Php150, diba? Just some thoughts, mga bros..

Here is the picture of my copies of the variant and the common copy of All Star Bats #10 (also called the potmouth edition and a true variant).. And I also inserted a picture of one inside page for you to see what the fuss is all about.. haha..

Galing ako sa Filbars dito samen. Buti na lang wala pang bumubili ng Batman nila. Binili ko na yung dalawa. Hehe. Nung isang araw ko pa nakita yun sa eBay, nagtaasan talaga. May variant din sa pinuntahan ko. Bilhin ko sana kaso ung copy nila daming bali. Di ko na kinuha.

Sometimes I don't know if Frank Miller's on something. Don't get me wrong but his All Star Batman and Robin is too way over the top. He's always been a hit and miss writer but I think All Star is just a big effing miss. If the artist wasn't Jim Lee, I don't think I'd be reading this book. Sa All Star line naman, I think I like All Star Superman better (still hate Batman: RIP).

Anyway, looking forward to the conclusion of SI in the next two months. I might just start collecting the Avengers too. I'm looking forward to Dark Avengers. I wonder who'll be in the lineup? I'm hoping Cap and Thor will be major players in the new Dark Avengers series.

@ revi. IDOL ka talaga !!! ang bilis ng kamay mo. hahahaha. :thumbsupsmiley:

Is that a complement? hahaha.. I know of someone who also got a variant copy over at a branch in Filbars.. Kaso nagkaubusan na sa ibang shops ng Filbars (that is what I heard).. At sa ngayon, mukhang tama ako na Filbars lang ang nabigyan ng All Star Bats #10 sa Philippines.. I still feel strongly that the issue would be rare because a lot of retailers weren't given copies and some refuse to sell them overseas (in fear of being sued/reprimanded by DC/Diamond).. Haka-haka lang naman din ang akin.. haha..

Galing ako sa Filbars dito samen. Buti na lang wala pang bumubili ng Batman nila. Binili ko na yung dalawa. Hehe. Nung isang araw ko pa nakita yun sa eBay, nagtaasan talaga. May variant din sa pinuntahan ko. Bilhin ko sana kaso ung copy nila daming bali. Di ko na kinuha.

Congrats on the find, bro.. Makakakuha ka din siguro ng variant niyan, medyo maghanap-hanap lang..

Grabe sa e-bay.. Ang tataas natatapos nung mga variants.. I saw a recent completed listing that ended at $90.. Medyo nasa $40 na lang yung regular covers but still they are all being gobbled up.. I saw one that ended in almost $60..

Sometimes I don't know if Frank Miller's on something. Don't get me wrong but his All Star Batman and Robin is too way over the top. He's always been a hit and miss writer but I think All Star is just a big effing miss. If the artist wasn't Jim Lee, I don't think I'd be reading this book. Sa All Star line naman, I think I like All Star Superman better (still hate Batman: RIP).

All Star Bats is not just a miss, bro.. Its a series that has been long overdue.. Meaning delayed.. Sabi nga ng iba, delayed na, ang pangit pa ng istorya.. A lot of readers have often said that this is Miller's weakest work ever.. And I have to agree.. Just hope that there would be a turn-around of sorts, which I expect given the delays this series has had..

Edited by revi
magkano ang variants sa filbar's?

Mukhang madalas sa Cubao si Leinil Yu ah.. haha..

Variants at Filbars? Php500 bucks bro.. Yan yung 1:10 or 1:20 or 1:30.. Kapag sketch variants or yung mga 1:75 or above, nasa Php1200.. The problem is that even though you order a Variant copy of certain ish, it would still be a hit and miss thing.. Filbars would not even accept advance payments on variants coz they are not sure if you would be given one.. At sa totoo lang, hindi lahat ng branches nabibigyan ng variants dahil may mga branches that cater to "big time" buyers.. Dito na-a-allocate yung ibang variants..

I actually ordered an Uncanny XMen #500 Turner variant at Filbars.. But I was told by Filbars that this variant might not be given to me.. Kaya umorder na lang ako sa CO.. And hindi nga ito dumating sa Filbars.. Still, after a week the Dodson #500 variant came in the branch, and was selling at just Php 500 bucks and because its a landmark issue, I decided to get it.. :thumbsupsmiley:

^^

Big thanks to you bro. Next Sat ko na makukuha yung pinareserve mo sa akin na All Star kasi nagkaroon ako ng problema sa sched ko kanina. Sa palagay ko eh tama ka na Filbar's lang talaga ang meron dito kasi sa CO at CQ wala eh. Sa DK malamang wala din.

To all,

If you find a copy of All Star Batman & Robin #10 grab it. P150 is nothing compared to the value that you'll get.

:thumbsupsmiley: I'm still kinda loya sa CO kahit tumaas ang price nila. Their comics are in good conditions and their clerks are nice and knows how to hand you a comic. :thumbsupsmiley:

But is this price change gonna affect the amount of comics that you are buying?

Been there when the price was high. Just like you I'm still going to get my comics from CO. The price change won't affect the amount of comics I'm getting. Just hope our peso gets stronger.

Big thanks to you bro. Next Sat ko na makukuha yung pinareserve mo sa akin na All Star kasi nagkaroon ako ng problema sa sched ko kanina. Sa palagay ko eh tama ka na Filbar's lang talaga ang meron dito kasi sa CO at CQ wala eh. Sa DK malamang wala din.

No problem on that bro.. Basta meron akong maitutulong sa iyo at kahit kanino sa paghahanap ng comics, walang problema.. Hindi naman ako kamukha ng iba na itinatago kung saan nila nabili yung "hard to find" comics/toys/cards nila.. <_<

may nakita pa ako 2 copy na all star batman & robin sa filbar's marikina kahapon. hehehehe. :hypocritesmiley:

Ang daming ibinigay na All Star Bats #10 sa Filbars Riverbanks.. May 10 ata at wala sa 10 allocation.. I think only 5 people are getting All Star Bats there.. haha..

:thumbsupsmiley: I'm still kinda loya sa CO kahit tumaas ang price nila. Their comics are in good conditions and their clerks are nice and knows how to hand you a comic. :thumbsupsmiley:

But is this price change gonna affect the amount of comics that you are buying?

Nope.. Much like khumpleetist, I was there when the dollar exchange rate was at a high.. Well, Filbars ain't having a price increase yet so hindi ko pa mararamdaman ang "price hike.." haha..

==

My pulls for this week:

Greatest Hits #1

Dead Space #6

Amazing Spiderman #572

Mighty Avengers #18

Uncanny XMen #502

Action Comics #869

I'm gonna be there like 8-830AM with my gf. I'm so f#&king atat. maybe we could meet at the meet in the AM and then at the end we could meet up again look at the stuff that we've bought. We could also give a personal list to everyone and we found something that is someone's list in a stall, we could call that guy he could get it. tulung-tulungan. Or my suggestion was just a big piece of s@%t!. HAhahaha.! What do you think?

sure sure let's meet there, I'll PM you my number haha saw your also a member at PTK :)

Kuya, when I saw your display case the other day, full of figures, collectibles and comics, air tight ba sya? whats a good material (wood, bakal) ? any advice?

I have no comics in my display case, bro.. Toys/figures are not really sensitive to what kind of display cabinets they are placed in.. Kahit hindi air tight okay lang yun.. But with comics, mahirap dahil sensitive sila.. Kaya nga may mga acid-free na boards and bags.. They are sensitive to light and humidity.. Dapat sa malamig na spaces sila ilalagay..

I'm gonna be there like 8-830AM with my gf.

Aga ah.. Hindi ko kaya dumating ng ganyang kaaga.. Hapon pa siguro ang dating ko, mga bros..

@norbyela

I got ur number norby, I'll text u using my sun sim. I'll be there early too since I missed the last comic con plus I never knew that there was a Magic Grand Prix last August and I wasn't able to attend so atat din ako sa convention na 'to.

@revi

bro, don't forget ur kodigo para mahiram ko sa mga 1st appearances. see you there.

@reachard

Maaga akong pupunta malamang at baka andun din ako ng 2nd day kasi wala naman akong gagawin ng Linggo. See u bro.

@revi

bro, don't forget ur kodigo para mahiram ko sa mga 1st appearances. see you there.

Maaga din ka yata dito bro eh.. Malabo ako ng maaga.. I am not really very "atat" coz hindi daw kasama yung kinukuhanan ko ng vintage comics.. haha.. Hapon ako darating siguro.. Around 4PM.. Kaya baka hindi kita maabutan dun.. And thanks for reminding me about my "kodigo.." haha..

can you send me a list too???

Its not a list, bro.. Its a book, an Overstreet Price Guide for comics.. Meron ganyan sa Fully Booked.. Nasa Php900 sila.. Yung akin kasi libro din but its not very detailed coz its in a pocket book format kaya wala dito ang Golden Age at ibang indie titles.. Kaya pasensya na bro, I can't send you a list coz its a book nga.. Makikitigin lang si khumpleetist dun sa libro na yun kaya niya pinaalala sa akin.. haha..

@ revi

bro punta ka ba?

Hopefully.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Lots of indie titles for this week.. Here are my pulls..

Captain America #42

Fantastic Four #560

Hulk #6

Marvel: 1985 #5

New Avengers #45

X-Men: Legacy #216

Golly #2

Project SuperPowers #6

Terry Moore's Echo #6

Tentative:

Daredevil #111

My Name Is Bruce #1

The Hulk and Echo will finish their respective first storylines at #6.. Still contemplating if I should continue Echo.. I am almost 99% sure that I would not get the other storylines from the Hulk..

Lady Bullseye will have her first apperance in DD#111.. I might just give this issue a shot.. But will definitely not continue it.. hehe.. Not much of a DD fan..

My Name is Bruce #1 is a one-shot that I might just take a look at.. I am a fan of Bruce Campbell (or Ash) and I would like to get this..

Edited by revi

love the last asm issue...how spidey dealt bullseye in a funny way and a return of scorpion with new costume

For marvel fans.....I made a thread regarding all upcoming animated movies and series...

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtop...p;#entry6057603

the best update i can give is.....WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN cartoon seems to be online episode 1-3

but i saw a torrent...and currently downloading the whole season 1(not sure if its real but it seems though from demonoid)

also check the trailers especially HULK VS THOR...excellent

Anyway, looking forward to the conclusion of SI in the next two months. I might just start collecting the Avengers too. I'm looking forward to Dark Avengers. I wonder who'll be in the lineup? I'm hoping Cap and Thor will be major players in the new Dark Avengers series.

I would have to agree...

All-Star Batman seems like a joke. Too bad for Jim Lee, because instead of saving his Wildstorm universe from oblivion, he's busy doing this stupid comic. Whatever happened to the Wildstorm relaunch last 2007? I was so looking forward to the new WildCATS and The Authority.

All-Star Superman on the other hand is really worth every cent. I would buy the Absolute edition of that in a heartbeat.