Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

There's a new movie - THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST and this is directed by Mel Gibson. This is a drama of the last hours of Jesus. The dialogue is in Latin and Aramaic and English subtitles.

I believe this is a good movie. Some critics of "The Passion of the Christ" worry that its depiction of the role of Jewish leaders in Jesus' final hours will revive the idea that all Jews are to blame for his death.

-----------------------------------

IT was more than I could believe that Jesus was the only incarnate son of God, and that only he who believed in him would have everlasting life. If God could have sons, all of us were His sons. If Jesus was like a God, or God Himself, then all men were like God and could be God Himself. My reason was not ready to believe literally that Jesus by his death and by his blood redeemed the sins of the world ... I could accept Jesus as a martyr, an embodiment of sacrifice, and a divine teacher, but not as the most perfect man ever born. His death on the Cross was a great example to the world, but that there was anything like a mysterious or miraculous virtue in it, my heart could not accept .... - Mahatma Gandhi

There's a new movie - THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST and this is directed by Mel Gibson. This is a drama of the last hours of Jesus. The dialogue is in Latin and Aramaic and English subtitles.

I believe this is a good movie. Some critics of "The Passion of the Christ" worry that its depiction of the role of Jewish leaders in Jesus' final hours will revive the idea that all Jews are to blame for his death.

I've been reading so much about this in US papers (online). Has any MTC member actually seen it, whether in an advanced screening (for those who are US-based) or on pirated VCD/DVD (for us in the wonderful RP)? Just tonight I read about two rabbis who were very disturbed by what they saw in the film. It's scheduled for release in the US on Ash Wednesday.

Edited by jt2003