Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

I just can't help but quote this one from another message board on Batman: Enter the Joker (2007) Heath Ledger btw is currently being offered by Nolan the part of the Joker :lol:

Post #1

Heath Ledger Is The Joker

Well it's being reported that the new Joker for the next Batman film is Heath Ledger. I had someone mention his name to me last week... but to be honest I didn't believe it. Guess I should have listened.

I'm mixed on this. On the one hand Heath Ledger as the Joker wouldn't have come in my top 20 guys for the role. I was dying to see Hugo Weaving, or a host of other guys. I just never saw Ledger as the Joker.

On the other hand, Ledger can knock a performance out of the park from time to time. Having said that he can also stink a film out. He's usually hit or miss. This COULD work out really well if he "hits".

Oh well... there's really no use in crying about it. Heath Ledger is The Joker... like it or not. I'm not thrilled with this news... but at the same time they could have done worse. Much worse.

Post #2

Posted by: 1138 at July 21, 2006 09:14 AM

Here’s what I’m hoping for:

If the previous reports about the 3rd movie beginning with the trial of the Joker and the Joker throwing acid on Harvey Dent (thus creating Two Face) are true…

And Jake Gyllenhaal is (rumored at least) to be a contender for the role of Harvey Dent…

Then I can’t wait for the internet to be flooded with parody/mash-up trailers for BATBACK MOUNTAIN!!!

And if Philip Seymour Hoffman (who has already expressed interest in playing The Penguin at some point) could get cast too, he could play the penguin in the exact same voice as Capote and the film could be all about Batman vs. 3 gay characters... which would be wonderfully high concept to have a comic book movie about the ultimate battle between Gay and Straight, and that Batman (as the personification of heterosexuality) would wear a costume much more like that of BATMAN FOREVER instead of BATMAN BEGINS, and would thusly often be mistaken for Gay, the same way the citizens of gotham often mistake the crime fighter as a criminal.

The twist at the end would be that we think Heterosexuality had won the day, but in the final scene Batman would grab Michael Caine by the seat of the pants and give him a deep french kiss. To which Michael Caine would reply, “F*** this, I retire!”

Does it sound like I want this uber-gay Batman movie too much? Crap. I thought so. Anyway, BATBACK MOUNTAIN. Tell your friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Waterbearer

Happy Feet:

"Happy Feet" is a comedy adventure set in the land of the Emperor Penguins in the heart of Antarctica. These penguins sing, each needing their own special song to attract a soul mate. Unfortunately, our hero Mumble (Elijah Wood), son of Memphis (Hugh Jackman) and Norma Jean (Nicole Kidman), is the worst singer in the world... but he can tap dance something fierce!

post-55004-1154043324.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world.

post-55004-1154044214.jpg post-55004-1154044243.jpg

post-55004-1154044381.jpg post-55004-1154044479.jpg

Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End

#Chow Yun Fat’s character, Sao Feng, plays a significant role in the film as there were a lot of scenes of Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow and Keira Knightley’s Elizabeth Swan dressed in traditional Asian clothes.

#There seemed to be a huge battle on Sao Feng’s ship.

#There was a sword fight between Jack and Barbossa on top of one of the ship’s masts.

Iron Man:

*They’re aiming for a May 2nd, 2008 release.

*The villain in the film will be “The Mandarin”.

*Technology is presently at the right echelon according to Favreau to do Iron Man right. He wants to emulate the flamboyant and jaw dropping effects that are in the comic seamlessly in his film.

*Expect Favreau’s Iron Man to go through a gradual evolution costume-wise within the film. From “grey armor” to “gold suit”, then “red suit” to full on "war machine”.

*He’s aiming for a RoboCop vibe with the Iron Man suit. Think heavy not a Power Ranger type deal.

*They’re thinking Tom Clancy type hero and James Bond as to how the feel of “Tony Stark” should be. He’s the dude behind Iron Man.

*Tom Cruise is no longer attached to the project.

*Tony Stark might have a moustache or a goatee, depending on who they cast. They have to keep the “stache” yo! THEY HAVE TO! It's rumored that Favreau would rather cast a no-name as the lead.

*The film will be grounded in real science and real politics. Through that we will “believe” that a man can fly in that suit.

*Tony’s alcoholism (as seen in the comic) might not make it in the first film. It will probably kick in into the second one.

*In the film, Tony Stark will be a POW of Afghanistan who eventually becomes a weapons runner.

The Hulk 2:

*The villain in this sequel will be “Abomination”.

*Brendan Fraser will not be Bruce Banner. The recent rumor is false. They haven't cast the lead yet.

*They will focus on the fun aspects of The Hulk on this go-around.

*There will be another love story in the film and the character of Ross will return.

*Hulk might speak in this one. Lou Ferrigno actually offered his services to do the voice of The Hulk.

*Leterrier calls The Hulk, Marvel’s "horror movie". He wants to focus on the “monster hunt” and the Jekyll and Hyde nature of Bruce Banner. That’s what I like to hear!

UPDATE: Official press release below: We've been officially informed that the next feature film installment of Batman will be called The Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan will return to the helm and Heath Ledger will in fact be playing the role of The Joker!

Nothing more was confirmed as of yet, but rumor has it Penguin is the next to be cast! Watch this spot for more news as it comes in. Batman Begins grossed $371,853,783 wordwide.

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN TO DIRECT

WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ UPCOMING BATMAN MOVIE,

THE DARK KNIGHT

CHRISTIAN BALE REPRISES TITLE CHARACTER,

HEATH LEDGER JOINS CAST AS THE JOKER

BURBANK, CA, 31 July 2006 – As a follow up to last year’s blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama Memento, which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller Insomnia, starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on The Prestige, with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick’s The New World. His other credits include Little Women, Portrait of a Lady, Metroland, American Psycho, Laurel Canyon and Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun, which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama Brokeback Mountain. His other credits include Casanova, Monster’s Ball, Lords of Dogtown, The Brothers Grimm and The Patriot.

“Chris’ unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight,” said Robinov. “We also can’t wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker.”

“I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins,” added Nolan. “Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.”

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.

Nolan and Ledger are represented by CAA.

Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer (2007)

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: Production is set to start in August 2006

Status Updated: 2 February 2006

Cast (in credits order)

Ioan Gruffudd .... Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic (attached)

Jessica Alba .... Susan Storm/Invisible Woman (attached)

Chris Evans .... Johnny Storm/The Human Torch (attached)

Michael Chiklis .... Ben Grimm/The Thing (attached)

Julian McMahon .... Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom (in talks)

Doug Jones .... Silver Surfer/Norrin Radd (voice) (attached)

Kerry Washington .... Alicia Masters

Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in FANTASTIC FOUR AND THE SILVER SURFER as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:

Hollywood Reporter reports that Oscar nominee Helena Bonham Carter has been cast as Bellatrix Lestrange in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," which David Yates is directing for Warner Bros. Pictures. Nicholas Hooper also has been brought on board to create the film's score. The character of Lestrange is Sirius Black's cousin and a Death Eater, who is one of the evil Lord Voldemort's followers. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are reprising their roles as teen wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Also returning are Robbie Coltrane, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Jason Isaacs, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, David Thewlis, Fiona Shaw, Richard Griffiths, David Bradley, Robert Hardy and Mark Williams.