Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

Even More Details Of Spider-Man 3

(Going back to my original source, I was told again that Harry and Aunt May are the only lead character deaths in the film).

So, how about Mr. Brock? What does he get up to?

Well, he's a pretty new recruit to the Daily Bugle's freelance line-up, in this version of events. A decent staff position is coming up and Peter and Eddie appear to be the competing leads for the role. Peter's advantages (he knows where Spider-Man will be, of course, and can even pose for his own pictures) and disadvantages (he won't slur Spider-Man just to climb the greasy pole and he sometimes has to go webslinging instead of shutterbugging) are pretty well established from the earlier films, while Eddie's established here as something of a cheat. He's seen trying to get the upperhand by doctoring pictures and he generally acts like an all-round naughty paparazzo badboy.

After the scene in the belltower (use the tags below to trawl film ick's history of spoilers) and Brock has been splashed with symbiotic splooge, it's Venom we're really dealing with here. He only makes his grand appearance towards the end of the film, after Brock has tracked down Marko and they've formed a Terrible Two (where the other four are, I don't know) in order to make Spider-Man's life misery and, presumably, corner him and k*ll him. This is when Gwen gets kidnapped (a Brock spurned, and so on) and pretty soon we're into the big smack down.

After Peter has made a lot of clanging noises on the girders at the building site - see my previous post on the final battle royal for more on that - the symbiote suit slinks off of Eddie and makes an attempt to re-symbiotise (ahem) with Peter. Now, I've been told by one reliable source that Brock buys the farm at this point, and another reliable source that he's alive, just a bit bruised, and that he's headed to the clink instead of the grave. I guess I just don't know - and perhaps, just perhaps, nobody does yet with both endings scripted, storyboarded or maybe even shot to give Raimi and crew some options?

We'll talk about Ms. Stacey. Gwen is called upon to introduce Spidey at a the big Spider-Man Day jamboree - we saw stills from this last year, with the kids in costume and all of the balloons and so on, and there's a pretty good look at it to be had in some of the trailers out there now. Gwen actually happens to be Peter's science study partner at this time, but she certainly doesn't know who Spider-Man really is behind the mask: she appears to get the gig of introducing him simply because her dad is Chief of Police. Some girls get all the luck.

One of the most important events in the whole movie happens in this scene: showing off a little, Spidey hangs upside down and actually reprises his famous topsy-turvy kissing technique from the first film, this time with Gwen. I guess this is a Superhero version of all of those popstars pretending to be single so that they don't alienate their fanbase, or those huge Hollywood superstars fibbing about their sexual orientation because while Peter would have to admit that Gwen is very attractive, he is (at this point at least) planning to ask Mary Jane to marry him.

It's when Peter is trying to propose to MJ that Gwen next resurfaces, interrupting his patented geekiness-come-romantic flow. She asks if he has a picture of her kiss with Spider-Man, and frankly, this goes down like a lead balloon with Ms. Watson.

Skip forward in the movie some way, past a lot of black suit shenanigans. Peter and Gwen decide to come by MJ's singing gig - but this is after the symbiote has taken a hold of our hero, so you better be prepared for things to not go well. Peter's all over Gwen, for one thing, and then he upstages Mary Jane - what a braggard! - and then Gwen rushes off in a terrible huff. Love triangles, eh? Who'd have one?

Having two women to save certainly doesn't make Spider-Man's life any easier. In the final battle, Venom and Sandman have both Gwen and Mary Jane, and they're both at extreme risk of a nasty fall. Now, I can't get any confirmation that MJ dies, but I do have a few voices telling me that she lives. What I can say, very confidently, is that Gwen Stacey walks away intact.

After Ms. Stacey is dropped from very, very high building it looks like we're on for the classic death of Gwen scene, and to a point it plays out in an incredibly similar fashion. Look at the panels of the comic book for a clue to some of the shots, in fact - but don't expect that controversial 'Snap' sound effect to make too loud an appearance because this time, her neck doesn't break. Hurrah?

After Gwen is saved here, she tries to kiss Spider-Man again, but Peter's having none of it this time, letting her down gently (pun intended) and swinging off to save the day. Here ends Gwen's arc, really.

Creepy New Still From "The Messengers"!

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7371/messengers0125076nq.jpg

Today we were provided with a really creepy exclusive still from Sony's The Messengers, which hits theaters next Friday. Written by Stuart Beattie (Collateral) from an original script by Todd Farmer (Jason X), The Messengers is a horror tale that follows the lives of a family moving into a run-down sunflower farm. As the farm begins to revive after years of disrepair, the family begins to notice uncomfortable and alarming changes in their father's behavior.

Laurie Strode Officially Announced for Zombie's "Halloween"!

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8117/laurie012707fm5.jpg

Scout Taylor-Compton has just destroyed all of the ridiculous rumors and has officially been cast as Laurie Strode in Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween, which hits theaters August 31. She has been in two horror films in the past year, Wicked Little Things and An American Crime, which debuted at Sundance two weeks ago. She joins the all-star cast of Tyler Mane, Malcolm McDowell, Daeg Faerch, Heather Bowen, Pat Skipper, Dee Wallace Stone, Sheri Moon Zombie, William Forsythe, Ken Foree, Danielle Harris, Adrienne Barbeau, Clint Howard, Courtney Gains, Daryl Sabara, Brad Dourif, Udo Kier and Kristina Klebe. Shooting has officially begun in Los Angeles, CA. Watch for more details as they come in, read on for a pic of the new Laurie Strode!

Poster Premiere For James Wan's "Dead Silence"!

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/640/dea...er013007fp0.jpg

Today Universal Pictures provided us with an exclusive look at the first one sheet for James Wan's (Saw) second feature film, Dead Silence, which hits theaters everywhere on March 23. The film, which was written by Leigh Whannell (Saw) follows the legend of Mary Shaw, a ventriloquist killer whom steals tongues!

1408:

The only demons in room 1408 are those within you.

Renowned horror novelist Mike Enslin (John Cusack) only believes what he can see with his own two eyes. After a string of bestsellers discrediting paranormal events in the most infamous haunted houses and graveyards around the world, he scoffs at the concept of an afterlife. Enslin's phantom-free run of long and lonely nights is about to change forever when he checks into suite 1408 of the notorious Dolphin Hotel for his latest project, "Ten Nights in Haunted Hotel Rooms." Defying the warnings of the hotel manager (Samuel Jackson), the author is the first person in years to stay in the reputedly haunted room. Another bestseller may be iminent, but like all Stephen King heroes, Enslin must go from skeptic to true believer - and ultimately survive the night.

1408 movie trailer

post-55004-1170286917.jpg

Mutants Attack in New "The Hills Have Eyes II" Still!

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4525/hills020107xz3.jpg

Today a few new stills were posted online from Fox Atomic's The Hills Have Eyes II, which hits theaters March 23. Read on to check 'em out. In the film a team of National Guard cadets stops over at a desert outpost to deliver equipment to some military scientists. They arrive at the research camp to find it mysteriously deserted. Hearing a distress call on their walkies, they set off on what they think is a simple rescue mission into the hills - only to find a tribe of mutants, damaged by nuclear testing, who lie in wait for them...

Knocked Up:

Allison Scott (Katherine Heigl) is an up-and-coming entertainment journalist whose 24-year-old life is on the fast track. But it gets seriously derailed when a drunken one-nighter with slacker Ben Stone (Seth Rogen) results in an unwanted pregnancy. Faced with the prospect of going it alone or getting to know the baby's father, Allison decides to give the lovable doof a chance.

An overgrown kid who has no desire to settle down, Ben learns that he has a big decision to make with his kid's mom-to-be: will he hit the road or stay in the picture? Courting a woman you've just Knocked Up, however, proves to be a little difficult when the two try their hands at dating. As they discover more about one another, it becomes painfully obvious that they're not the soul mates they'd hoped they might be.

With Allison's harried sister Debbie (Lesie Mann) and hen-pecked brother-in-law Pete (Paul Rudd) the only parenting role models the young lovers have, things get even more confusing. Should they raise the baby together? What makes a happy lifetime partnership after all? A couple of drinks and one wild night later, they've got nine confusing months to figure it out...

http://i18.tinypic.com/33biuyv.jpg http://i9.tinypic.com/2jeobcz.jpg

Batman: The Dark Knight

According to reports, Aaron Eckhart is the leading contender for the role of Harvey Dent aka Two-Face in the upcoming THE DARK KNIGHT. Katie Holmes was indeed kicked to the curb and would not be back to reprise her role as Rachel Dawes. There are rumors that Rachel McAdams and Emily Blunt are candidates for the role of Batman love muffin Rachel Dawes and they've added their own uncovered name to the mix - Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Hulk 2:

Director Louis Leterrier has revealed that Hulk 2 has gathered its enemies. Thunderbolt & The Abominable will take on Hulk in the sequel to the original HULK movie. Eric Bana will not be returning for the sequel but the director does say that they are very close to casting the new Bruce Banner.

Iron Man:

Jeff Bridges has just joined the cast of Iron Man. He is reportedly going to play Obadiah Stane, a close business associate of Tony Stark. A confidant and longtime employee at defense contractor Stark Industries, Bridges' character plays a major role in shaping Tony Stark's life according to director Jon Favreau. Iron Man's villain will be Mandarin.

The Flash:

Director Shawn Levy has signed onto replace David Goyer in Warner Bros. planned big screen version of The Flash. Goyer apparently dropped out of the project after Warner Bros. didn't like his darker approach to the material. Levy who has just came off the huge hit Night at the Museum is thought to be looking at a lighter funnier approach to the material. Ryan Reynolds was the favorite to play FLASH.

Edited by sickness

Sorry couldnt provide the synopsis but or now this will do

My most awaited movie list of 2007 & 2008

:D

The Tourist

Jumper

Be Kind Rewind

My Blueberry Nights

Sleuth (2008)

Southland Tales

Mr. Woodcock

Book of Leo