What dog is best for condo living?

pacey

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to hide 2 of my shih tzus for 3 years up in my condo!

(Eton, doesnt allow dogs, so I have to secretly brought them up, very behave they didnt make noise!)

My previous place allow dogs, small ones lang - pero what I notice, sorry pug lovers, (i love the cutey patotey looks of pugs!) is that they smell agad. I can smell from the outside the odor.

In some condos they allow big ones... pero nakakaawa kasi, most of the time they cannot be brought outside. So mas ok, since youve got small space lang - a small dog, na hindi pungent ang odor nya, hindi makahol at hindi malikot - so for me mas ok na dog, shih tzu, pekingese or french bulldog. Not sure of french bulldog, di pa ako nagkakaruon. Hehehe

lucky for you naitago mo ng matagal yun dogs sa condo... congrats. hehe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pomeranians;), I have 5 of these amazing, lil, adorable spoiled fur baby brat cutiesssssss here in my condo, they are the love of my life, and I love every minute of it;), well, maybe my neighbors dont think they're not that quiet enough when they happen to pass by the hallway outside my door, but they're babies for petes sake, of course its always pandemonium,lol but I dont give a d#mn;p

Edited by annanicole19
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of the suggestions here are sporting class or working type dogs that needs large spaces, It is unfair for both the dog and the owner. Unfair for the OP or even potential owners who think large breeds like Labradors or Rotts are a good idea for condo living.

They need constant stimulation and is a bundle of energy, and did i mention it needs a good amount of space? :-) Unused energy will be channeled somewhere else, usually your favorite shoes, electrical wires or your expensive furniture (chewed).

Like everything in the internet, take advise including mine with a grain of salt.

Even smallish type of dogs who looks fit for condo living has its disadvantages, I can simplify it by saying some some small dogs have what looks like a Napoleon complex, they compensate their lack of size by being yappy not a good idea if you have neighbors. But then again not one dog is the same, they have unique individual personalities like you and me. Ive a shitzu who barks a lot and his brother who is probably a dog version of a mime.

If i'm getting a dog for condo living, it'll be an bulldog either French or English. Low grooming maintenance not like a pom, s@%t tzu or maltese. Not yappy like pom. not bitey like a minipin or chuhuahua. not high strung and energetic like a terrier Some might ask why not a Pug? A Pug is fine but they tend to smell more than your average dog because of the skin folds.

Note that even small dogs needs daily walking, not as much as the large or medium breeds though.

• 4 weeks later...