San Antonio Spurs

Labuyo

yeah dont know what's happening with Danny.. we need his outside shots to stretch the defense and make it easier to drive inside

Bobinator is the real deal! sana mabigyan sya ng more playing time. he's playing quality minutes off the bench, and we all know how important the role of the bench players during the playoffs

nawawala pa din ang shot ni Danny Green.

medyo pinagkakatuwaan lang, but Boban's skills are legit. good enough for under 20mins if needed to spell TD para hindi pwersadong mag-center si LMA.

i'm seeing a lot of posts and campaigns wanting to boost Kawhi to start in the All-Star game (over Draymond Green).

i'm pretty ambivalent about this (sending any Spurs to Toronto) since i know they'd appreciate the "honor", but will welcome the mid-season rest just the same.

Sports Illustrated gives the Spurs a midseason grade of A++

San Antonio Spurs: A++

Record: 37–6

Off. Rating: 3 | Def. Rating: 1 | Net Rating: 1

Well, this one isn’t particularly difficult. The Spurs are on pace to shatter the all-time record for point differential, entering Monday’s action at +14.2 (nearly two full points better than the '72 Lakers at 12.3). They are undefeated at home, they own the league’s best defense by a country mile, they lead the league in double-digit wins (28, five more than everyone else) and 20+ point wins (15, six more than everyone else), and they have been the NBA’s steadiest and most dominant team, by a fairly wide margin, since Dec. 1. Somehow, they’ve managed to avoid major injuries throughout, allowing newcomer LaMarcus Aldridge to integrate with coach Gregg Popovich’s big starting lineup and smaller secondary lineups alike. On top of all of that, San Antonio has also introduced the world to 7'3" center Boban Marjanovic, the most intriguing garbage time sensation in years.

Like the Warriors, the Spurs possess an MVP candidate (Kawhi Leonard), a deep and versatile rotation (every Spurs player currently boasts a +10 or better net rating, which seems impossible but is true), and elite performance on both offense and defense. On many nights, the Spurs look even more formidable than the 2014 title team, even if Tim Duncan is doing less on offense and Danny Green has yet to get going from deep. They just have so many weapons and they are so precise in their execution. Anything other than a Golden State/San Antonio showdown in the West finals would be more than a little deflating, and giving San Antonio anything other than the same grade as Golden State would have been a disservice.

AN FRANCISCO -- A matchup featuring the NBA's two best teams lost a little luster Sunday when the San Antonio Spurs announced they'll hold out forwardTim Duncan from Monday's clash against the Golden State Warriors due to soreness in his right knee.

Duncan sat out of the team's win Thursday over the Phoenix Suns, but returned to the lineup for Friday's 108-95 win over the Los Angeles Lakers.

It's unlikely that Duncan's knee issues are serious, as Spurs coach Gregg Popovich typically manages the minutes of his veterans to prevent any potential injuries from worsening. In Duncan's absence, it's expected that bench players such as Boris Diaw and Boban Marjanovic will receive extended minutes.

David West will likely replace Duncan in the starting lineup. In his 19th NBA season, Duncan, 39, has played in 37 games this season, averaging 8.9 points. The Warriors (40-4) own the NBA's best record, followed by the Spurs (38-6).

partly. The fact that the Spurs went with the Dubs' pace didn't help them as well.

I think it wont help the spurs even if tim duncan plays. IMHO, the matchup is overrated, madami nagsasabi na spurs ang magtutumba sa warriors and this game proves that the warriors are too much for the spurs. The dubs exploited their weakness on both ends. But it's just me, give them a 7 game series to prove their worth. But for now, im not buying the spurs-gsw matchup.

Positive and Negatives of Last Nights game

First the negatives:

1. TP needs to stop trying to match Curry on offense. He kept on making mistakes and literally cost the Spurs the game in the 1st half. TP needs to realized he is past his prime and needs to stop be the focal point of the offense and to keep his ego in check.

2. LMA should be schooling Green. Grant it, Green gets away with A LOT of fouls, most noticeable one is when he tugs on someone posting him throwing them off balance. He did that like 5+ times and the refs only called him on one. But still LMA, has schooled Green in the past. LMA needs to get his s@%t together.

3. Turnovers. 20+ is unacceptable.

4. TP needs to be limited against GS. He is a defensive liability and Pop needs to pull the plug on him next game early.

5. Quit doubling. Only Curry needs a double team put even then don't. In a 7 games series he will wear himself out playing like last night. Just like Amare avg 39 ppg I believe on series against the Spurs, let Curry have his and SHUT EVERYONE ELSE DOWN.

6. Refs. Pop needs to send the film to the league office. Moving Screens, Handchecking, and Pushing off. Even OKC doesn't get away with how much GS got away with last night.

Positive:

1. Spurs have two players that can guard Curry very well in Kawhi and Simmons. Curry should have been called for pushing off like 4-5x times last night, I'm not joking. That s@%t is an offensive foul. You can't knock either one that the refs were letting Curry get away with it last night. Even Patty did a good job. Curry scored like 2/3 of his points with Parker guarding him.

2. I think Pop found the perfect lineup to match GS small ball. Manu, Butler, Simmons, Kawhi and Diaw let that comeback before the half, cutting 8 points off the GS lead. The size and quickness of that lineup really bother GS from where I was sitting. Pop didn't play that lineup at all in the 2nd half for some reason. I guess he saw all he needed in those 3 minutes.

3. Boban is the man. There is nobody on the GS roster that can guard him. Boban should have had like 20 points last night but the Spurs weren't feeding him the ball enough. I love the particular one, where Boban is deep on Speights, McCallum resume not to pass it to him but crosses over and takes an ill advised jumper. Boban against 3 warriors, bats the ball back out to McCallum. McCallum is open at the 3 point line and NOW resumes to pass it back to Boban whose TRIPLED TEAM in the paint. I was like s@%t, ARE YOU FOR REAL. Speights got 5 fouls guarding Boban and he should have had like 8 for those 3 OBVIOUS push offs that the refs didn't call.

4. Spurs really didn't show anything. They ran basic offensive sets. They shot one corner 3 all game. They ONLY design play I could really see was out of a timeout and the Spurs ran a double pick for patty at the top of the key. Honestly, with how aggressive the GS was last night, the Spurs could have done that one play ALL GAME and scored at will against GS. Running that play and then seeing the Spurs resuming their pass around the perimeter play just show me that was showing GS anything at this point.

5. Game film. That is the bread and butter of the Spurs success. I hate it, but Pop throws games like these. He ran a bunch of flukely lineups last night. Didn't pull Parker when his ass was getting handed to him by Curry. If this was the playoffs, there is no doubt in my mind Parker wouldn't have played a minute in the 2nd half last night, much like game 6 against OKC 2 years ago when WB has handing Parker his ass. But the

6. LMA should have a fire lit under him. This is going to show what LMA is truly made of. If I was him I would be pissed. A game like this was what LMA needed to get him going again. I guarantee when he watches the film again and sees foul machine Green acting like his usual punk self, its going to piss him off.