Do You Believe in UFOs?

U.F.O means, Unidentified Flying Object. So if I load a slingshot with poop and let it fly in the air it can be considered as a UFO by any bystander who can't identify it unless it hits them on the face. But if your question meant "do I believe Aliens in spaceships from another planet exist and are here?", then my answer is, I can't rule out the possibility of their existence simply because the universe is so vast and there are so many unexplained phenomena related to that subject that it is harder to say otherwise.

Have you check out the UFO in Los Angeles? It is all over youtube. I don't know how to post it here... check niyo na lang. :) Btw, I do believe they are out there but we still need to keep on searching. Parang second coming of Jesus Christ lang yan, It is near yet so far. :)

What if by tomorrow you see heavenly beings descending from the sky and claiming themselves to be sent by God, would you believe that they were sent by God?

Edited by Ignatum
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best attitude is to keep an open mind about UFOs—or anything, actually. Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist (absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as scientific folk like to say).

I've once seen for myself very fast, jerky movements of lights high up in the night sky when I was a pre-teen. No they definitely weren't aircraft, as the outline wasn't elongated. Neither did they fly like any aircraft, because of the jerky movements. But I've always kept quiet about it because of the fear of being laughed at, especially since I saw that thing at an age when kids are supposed to be "overimaginative".

That Ancient Aliens show on History Channel though, is doing the UFO sightings phenomenon a big disservice. The conspiracy theories of aliens symbols being hidden in the Great Pyramids' dimensions, for example, that has been debunked several times by mathematicians. They only approximated the closeness to "mystical numbers" like pi and phi (ie., the Ancient Astronaut theorists are just extrapolating from known facts into speculation). Because of the unscientific manner of their investigation and theorizing, more people are going to just wave off real testimonies of UFO sightings as hokum.

Edited by deepdiverboy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid I had 2 separate experiences. One was a rumbling sound at night. I knew the difference between an airplane passing by and an unidentified aircraft because the sound that passed above was more than a minute. The next one was a plate like object that moved slowly in the far vicinity. Next glance it was gone. Not sure if this helps to those who have "experienced" the same things.

• 2 weeks later...
China to hunt for alien life with giant telescope

http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/watch-china-to-hunt-for-alien-life-with-giant-telescope

China on Sunday hoisted the final piece into position on what will be the world’s largest radio telescope, which it will use to explore space and help in the hunt for extraterrestrial life, state media said.

The five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope, or FAST, is the size of 30 football fields and has been hewed out of a mountain in the poor southwestern province of Guizhou.

Scientists will now start debugging and trials of the telescope, Zheng Xiaonian, deputy head of the National Astronomical Observation under the Chinese Academy of Sciences, which built the telescope, told the official Xinhua news agency.

“The project has the potential to search for more strange objects to better understand the origin of the universe and boost the global hunt for extraterrestrial life,” the report paraphrased Zheng as saying.

The 1.2-billion yuan ($180 million) radio telescope would be a global leader for the next one to two decades, Zheng added. The telescope, which has taken about five years to build, is expected to begin operations in September.

Advancing China’s space programme is a priority for Beijing, with President Xi Jinping calling for the country to establish itself as a space power. China’s ambitions include putting a man on the moon by 2036 and building a space station, work on which has already begun.

CmfYHh0VIAAfEFG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...