When I'm Mad.. I Usually...

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a wisdom I recently learned about anger

1. Anger is a secondary emotion. The first emotion that strikes before anger is frustration. You want something done your way, you do not get it, you start to be offended, then you get angry

2. You can use two approaches in dealing with anger. Fire or Ice. Fire is when you lash out and go head to head with the opposition. Ice is when you just act cold instead of being confrontational. The cold approach is more often better. Because it allows you to think a little. Not compromise yourself. Best of all you dont end up saying or doing things you regret later on.

3. The angry mind is a narrow mind. When you are angry, you only think about what you wanna do to the other person, you are not thinking about what can happen to you, and how youd regret it later on. Kaya nga daming crime of passion dyan

It depends on how angry I feel. I'm a non-confrontational person. If it's frustration I just find myself cursing multiple times until it goes away. If I find myself pissed, I usually find a closed room, shout, breathe, curse again and then probably punch the object closest to me (or the object of my frustration if it's not a person) as many times until the anger boils down. I'll usually still have some anger or frustration left, as I'll start talking and responding in a matter-of-fact mode, and a deadpan look, but at least I can make conscious decisions that think I can control na. If I can't yet, I will avoid all human and animal contact until I feel like I can.

I don't think I have been really, really mad, yet, I just somehow always choose to find a way to add another bar to my patience afterwards. I don't think I'll want to reach that point even if it hurts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...