Anong Favorite Brand Nyo Ng Damit?

virus

hey guys new to the boards my fav brands are

clothes

diesel, industrie, FCUK, boxfresh, freshjive, lee jeans, mooks, HY, GSUS, von dutch & m-1-11

shoes

diesel, nike retro, adidas retro, lacoste, vans, asics onitsuka

sunnies

gucci, ray ban & police

i'll be going to manila for the first time this year and i heard alot of diesel, lacoste & vans are so cheap? are any of the upperbrands sold anywhere in manila? coz those brands are expensive her in australia shirts from $49-$100 AUD & jeans from $150-500aud, so bargin shopping would be a great idea.

they don't have to be branded. as long they cater my demands, that will do! they would go stright in my closet! :D

i'm really picky when it comes to my clothes:

1. polo - lately, i'm so into 3/4s. i see to it that the fit is perfect. not to loose to be hip-hop and not to fit to be hunky. sleeves must be at a ABSOLUTELY PARALLEL TO MY ARMS WHEN THEY ARE AT REST! For the color i really prefer dark ones(black, dark grey, navy blue maroon)/ kung light ones white and sky blue or light grey.

2. pants- slacks and jeans? any brand as long as they are black. i never wear blue jeans!

3. t-shirt- i love plains. if ever they are of prints, it has to be unique! ahhhh .. remember those bench t-shirts marked "i choose bench" endorsed by jerry yan, i find then really jologs. for t-shirts i usually go to cartimar recto! they have like goth shops there and i just love their designs and they have wide array of unique accesorries!!! luv it luv it!!!

4. shoes- alberto boots, puma, adidas, converse>>>> i hate nike ones!

i dont care about brands, as long as i'm comfy with it... at least in vogue and reflects my personality... but somehow i've a penchant for local brands like maldita, ensembles and tan gan.

i also go for the classic styles at mango... but i really don't buy them, my aunts in the US would usually just send them over... they know my taste kasi eh...

i have a friend who is really a mango fanatic. if you would look at the designs, they are so simple and plain to be that expensive and the great thing about it is that onced she wears it is just magic. you really cannot see the simplicity of the design. it is just perfect a complete headturner! i don't know, it really how she carries it!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m kinda selective on my cloth's in case of colors and type... not everything satisfies me ...

I follow fashion and season colors... i differentiate between working cloths and going out cloths and party cloths

Everything has its own wearing ;)

As for me I like Giordano, Mossimo, Old Navy T-shirts because they are comfortble to wear while in Polo shirts I do like to wear Wallstreet and Sahara. For pants I'm comfortable with Levi's, Guess and Dockers. While I prefer leather shoes like Wade and Rusty Lopez and on rubber shoes I prefer Nike pver the other brand.

I am partial to Lacoste for my polo shirts since it makes you feel good wearing them and they are very durable even if costly. i had my first lacoste shirts when i was in first year college and it lasted for about three long years even if I wore it almost every week. It just got lost since I eventually outgrown it and cant wear it anymore.

I am partial to Lacoste for my polo shirts since it makes you feel good wearing them and they are very durable even if costly. i had my first lacoste shirts when i was in first year college and it lasted for about three long years even if I wore it almost every week. It just got lost since I eventually outgrown it and cant wear it anymore.

thats true, Lacoste polo do last. I have four and 2 of them have been with me for like 4 years. But i like Ralph Lauren Polo's there nice slim fit. But Polo is more expensive than Lacoste here.

for the ladies, if you ever find yourselves out of the country, make sure to take note of these brands:

apostrophe, h&m, and zara.

on the same scale as topshop and miss selfridge from the uk, i suppose. high street fashion, i believe it's called. it's pricier but definitely not as bank-breaking as miuccia and the gang.

and karl lagerfeld recently did a t-shirt line for h&m (with a great ad campaign to go along with it). so see, couture is reaching donw to high street.

zara's huge in europe (zara and mango are dirt cheap in spain). h&m and apostrophe are becoming staples in the states--not as huge as gap yet. but waaay more fashion forward than your blah gap-ish fare.

and that was my attempt at being a style maven.

:P

for the ladies, if you ever find yourselves out of the country, make sure to take note of these brands:

on the same scale as topshop and miss selfridge from the uk, i suppose. high street fashion, i believe it's called. it's pricier but definitely not as bank-breaking as miuccia and the gang.

and karl lagerfeld recently did a t-shirt line for h&m (with a great ad campaign to go along with it). so see, couture is reaching donw to high street.

zara's huge in europe (zara and mango are dirt cheap in spain). h&m and apostrophe are becoming staples in the states--not as huge as gap yet. but waaay more fashion forward than your blah gap-ish fare.

agree missmanners....h&m is really a good brand. It is cheaper than Gap and the designs and style varies from casual to classy. I bought a skirt for $7.95 and a dress shirt for $14 the other day, really good price and i love it! their fall line is something else, worth checking out. i'm just not keen of the coming KL designs though knowing that KL favours flashy designs, but doesn't hurt to have a look at it, it might be appropriate for the coming holidays. KL designs will be out i think on November 12 and the store in toronto (there is only one, though another is on its construction phase i think)will have a special launching for that.

Zara...is one of my favorite brand too. They are kind of pricey (as they are european) but if you wait for their sale you'll get good deals with their tops, jackets and suits. You can buy a $100 shirt for $10 or $15 at the end of the season but still fashionable. As long as you know how to mix-and-match them with other outfits.

Another recommended brand: Tristan and America, their outlet stores are the best places to go to. Clothes there are better priced (compared at the regular store) and there are fairly numerous sizes still available to choose from. This brand is also good for petite people as they have specific sizes for such.

it's winter now...so the Fall sale is on...best time to go shopping!! :cool:

have you been to UK? try French Connection (FCUK) i love their style for women, & Mooks. Stylish & very high price though

have you been to UK? try French Connection (FCUK) i love their style for women, & Mooks. Stylish & very high price though

yeah they are expensive... their stores are located in the plush area of the town (yorkville/bloor toronto) and they have children's wear!!! not a lot of choices though here, maybe London would have more designs and style. Anyway they are way too high priced for a kids' clothes. i can just look at them and drool, hehhehe or wait for the boxing day sale!

Ann Taylor is also a good brand. I find that as an Asian (i'm petite)in a western country, it is so hard to find the clothes that really fits me without altering or hemming it. I could get the right sizes at Ann Taylor and their sweaters, dress shirts and blouses are a good fit. They have classic cuts, doesn't go out of style. Good for casual and office wears. Price is good too especially if you go to their outlet stores. Value for your money. You can get at least 4-5 items with your $50!!!

I heard though that an establishment in the Phils carries this brand and usually do sales...(i think i've read it from missmanners posts) there you go...take advantage!

yep, ann taylor rocks! designs are classic and never go out of style. well made with good material. and they're great finds because they don't cost much but last so long!

there is indeed an ann taylor factory here. not a store. but their overruns are sold at bazaars... in market market, greenhills and the ones at nbc tent, makati sports, cuenca park, etc. you have to know where to look and who to ask. it helps to have suki. there's also a little house in makati, in the reposo area, where they sell ann taylor goods. i'll get the exact location and post it here. i heard that this house sells ann taylor stuff cheaper than at the bazaars.

:)