• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

My favorite Philosophers are Plato, Descartes, and Kant. There are times that I would dig into more complex arguments like Heidegger, Nietzsche, and Hegel. For me, Plato has the best ideas when it comes to freethinking like "think more and know thyself". It means subjecting your ideas to examination rather than acting or impulse. Descartes is also known for his "I think therefore I am" quote or the power of logic (rules for the direction of the mind).

One cannot just be a freethinker, he/she should be a rationalist. I have a faith in introspection guided by definition, arguments and clarity of thought. Most of the wrong in this world are caused by misusing our mind. confusion, bad definition, and illogicality. Lastly, our mind should be better equipped for the task of thinking not just freethinking.

P.S. It's funny how some of us just copy from Wikipedia. It's not freethinking at all.

Children are the best free thinkers in my opinion. Their minds are fresh unpolluted and undiluted and most of all, in their innocence they speak their mind. Adults should be served well to listen to children.

Another group are the insane, no politics, psychology, philosophy, religion or any worldly crap... In their simple world their mind is free!

Edited by Unwritten
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...