Azkals (Philippine futbol's poster boys)

thegame08

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

They have two more matches in the Russia 2018/UAE 2019 Group Qualifier - Uzbekistan on Mar 24th (in Tashkent), and vs North Korea on Mar 29th (at RMS)! We are out of the running for Russia 2018, but our journey to the AFC 2019 in UAE is FAR FROM OVER! Let's support our homeboys regardless! GO AZKALS GO!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

March 27 hosting Tajikistan @ Rizal Memorial for the 2019 Asian Cup Qualification, and I'm watching this game at the Lower Grandstand.

If Azkals win or draw, they qualify for the 2019 Asian Cup in UAE, their first time ever to qualify for top Asian level tournament in about 50 years.

Edited by blow_gobi
  • Like (+1) 2

March 27 hosting Tajikistan @ Rizal Memorial for the 2019 Asian Cup Qualification, and I'm watching this game at the Lower Grandstand.

If Azkals win or draw, they qualify for the 2019 Asian Cup in UAE, their first time ever to qualify for top Asian level tournament in about 50 years.

I AM SO GONNA BE THERE, cheering on the team to help them make history! If/when we qualify, it will be just as significant as the Miracle in Hanoi in terms of Philippine football milestones!

Edited by mrconfusion87
  • 3 weeks later...

may sarili pa lang thread ang national team hehe. doon pa naman ako nag popost sa football thread.

anyway, magandang development iyong pag qualify natin sa afc asian cup. 10 years in the making din. hopefully, this revs up the grassroot program of the pff

btw, iba talaga iyong atmosphere sa grandstand last tuesday evening. the place was electric! :) the last time rizal football stadium rocked like that was when we upset the north korean contingent 2 years ago in a world cup qualifier

• 2 weeks later...

may sarili pa lang thread ang national team hehe. doon pa naman ako nag popost sa football thread.

anyway, magandang development iyong pag qualify natin sa afc asian cup. 10 years in the making din. hopefully, this revs up the grassroot program of the pff

btw, iba talaga iyong atmosphere sa grandstand last tuesday evening. the place was electric! :) the last time rizal football stadium rocked like that was when we upset the north korean contingent 2 years ago in a world cup qualifier

I was there with friends! The exhilaration from the match was a step above the March 2016 match against North Korea where the Azkals torpedoed NoKor's World Cup hopes! Roll on Asian Cup 2019! We join Thailand and Vietnam in comprising the ASEAN delegation to the tourney. Hope we all do well!

The Suzuki Cup this coming Nov will no longer be the same for the three teams and their fans as they go there preparing for a bigger tourney! It will be a perfect time for the Azkals to blood their younger players since many of their players based outside the region will not be able to make it! At least Cardiff indicated that Neil will be allowed to join the Azkals in the UAE next Jan, and I fully expect our players based outside the region will be released for the tourney as well! :D

• 1 month later...