• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Migraine Tips

tazmanic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindi ba dapat i avoid nga yung coffee.Kasi as for me,coffee was the culprit kaya nag trigger yung migraine ko. Sabi rin ng Dr. na tinanung ko also avoid the ff:Chocolates,alchoholic drinks (hindi ako pwede ng wala yan),staying up late,nuts to name a few. :ninja: :D

coffee triggers some migraine, but during migraine, coffee cures the migaine. yes it is a wonder.

SLEEP ( i dont drink coffee) or just close your eyes to avoid lights. this is what i do because my migraine is often triggered by some kind of lights.

AH Migraine. Tama different strokes for diff folks. I had nasty migraine attacks before. Really debilitating. My worst was one that wsa on and off for 3 days and i vomitted 3 times per day.

Suggestion...make notes on the nature of your migraine. Create a profile. You will learn whar to avoid and do the next time.

Consult a doctor to give you the latest med in migraine. But take these meds as a last resort. I do. But i dont like to rely on meds. I dont like to bombard my body with drugs. I avoid it till i cant take it.

My secret? EXERCISE EXERCISE AND EXERCISE. When i started running and playing tennis and swimming at least 1 x a week my migrain became scarce ...like once every three months.

• 1 year later...

Guy's I realized that everytime I have my BP checked, it registers above normal... Lagi na lang high... I'm only 29yo but my regular BP is 130 over 90 or 130 over 100.. I also notice that my migraine had been frequent lately...

I'm a gym buff kaya medyo nagtataka ang trainor ko kung bakit mataas pa rin ang dugo ko... ANy suggestions my dear health professionals? :( :(

imho. migraine is caused by other factors, but having a high HP can just be it.

i have migraine too, caused by food and stress, but my BP is on normal mode lang, usually 100/70 to 110/80.

i would suggset that you see a neuro to rule out other causes...baka mamaya may aneurism (tama ba spelling ko?) ka na nyan.

It's best to go to doctor to have a check up. 130 over 90 is the start of high blood pressure. If your BP is always 130/100 or 130/90, then you already have high blood pressure, and need to see a doctor. I suggest you go see a cardiologist. Other factors to consider - does your family have a history of hypertension (high BP), is your diet balanced or do you have a preference for meaty and oily foods?

If left untreated, your heart will become overworked, and will not last long. Your BP has to be maintained at a lower level, since you're only 29 years old. If you were 45 or 50, then 130/100 would be relatively normal.

When you say that you noticed your migraine is now more frequent- does this mean that you have had migraines before, but infrequently? are you sure you have migraine vis-a-vis headaches especially the cluster type? Your BP is definitely borderline hypertension, and you may be pre-hypertensive. Please provide a history of when you exactly noticed your BP elevating to such levels and aside from your migraine (if it is so), what other symptoms do you have? And what kind of exercise do you do? are you pumping iron or into cardiovascular workouts only or a combination of both.

I am a psychologist but my wife is an internist and psychiatrist. We both are active in the health field, especially in alternative and complementary medicine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guy's I realized that everytime I have my BP checked, it registers above normal...  Lagi na lang high... I'm only 29yo but my regular BP is 130 over 90 or 130 over 100.. I also notice that my migraine had been frequent lately...

I'm a gym buff kaya medyo nagtataka ang trainor ko kung bakit mataas pa rin ang dugo ko... ANy suggestions my dear health professionals? :(  :(

Try to have a blood test. You might have high levels of cholesterol in your blood. I have a friend who is a gym buff ganoon din like you.

Consider also that when you lift weights, you might be doing a valsalva manuever. Holding your breath. This increases the intra-thorasic pressure. This may cause an increase in blood pressure. Puwede din sa smoking bec. it cause hardening of the arteries. or you have a diet that is high in salt, which will cause water retention and leads to high blood pressure.

Guy's I realized that everytime I have my BP checked, it registers above normal...  Lagi na lang high... I'm only 29yo but my regular BP is 130 over 90 or 130 over 100.. I also notice that my migraine had been frequent lately...

I'm a gym buff kaya medyo nagtataka ang trainor ko kung bakit mataas pa rin ang dugo ko... ANy suggestions my dear health professionals? :(  :(

vanillasky, don't worry about your BP. it is still considered normal. when do you usually get your BP taken? kung late in the afternoon or after gym or any stressful activity, then it is expected in some people to have slightly increased values. With regards to your headache, has it been diagnosed as 'migraine'? the pain and discomfort that arises from it may also increase your BP.

Well, for the migraine (as you have said), or headache, the medications are almost the same.....Painkillers. For starters you can try Mefenamic Acid 500mg (try ponstan SF it works fast, around 15-20mins). If it doesnt work for you, you can try other pain relievers (diclofenac, celecoxib) with care. But if you are really bothered, i suggest you see a neurologist. At least you'll really know if you are dealing with migraine or just another type of headache. I won't say anything more 'coz i might cause you to worry more. just go see a neurologist ok? you'll be better afterwards. :)

For your concern about your BP. If there are people in your family tree with hypertension, you are at risk of having it too (but still, you might not). It doesnt hurt if you'll have daily BP monitoring (morning/afternoon) and have it recorded. even if you have your systolic pressure is >130 but <150 or diastolic pressure >90 but <110 you still need not worry about it. you just have to go see a doctor for you to have your hypertensive work up. Usually for this stage of hypertension, diet modification for 6months is advised. there's no need to take medications at this stage, unless there is really a problem.

so pare, go see a neurologist for your headache. then ask about your BP. para you'll have peace of mind ok? hope i am able to help.

• 2 weeks later...