pero lose - lose situation pa rin, isang walang direksyon at isang puro kurapsyon.

hindi naman nawala ang kurapsyon sa bagong administrasyon.

ang nakikita ko lang, puro expose sa kurapsyon ni GMA (wala pang prosecution).

smokescreen lang yun sa totoong nangyayari.

well, just look on the bright side of things -- we are not the most corrupt country in the world and we are definitely not the poorest.....

:)

also, Dear Abnoy,

kindly guide the lawmakers or whoever is responsible to please pass the divorce bill as soon as possible................

it will be beneficial to a lot of our countrymen....

hindi naman nawala ang kurapsyon sa bagong administrasyon.

ang nakikita ko lang, puro expose sa kurapsyon ni GMA (wala pang prosecution).

smokescreen lang yun sa totoong nangyayari.

Maski naman si Pnoy will admit that hindi nawala ang corruption.

I was hoping that you will agree with me that nabawasan ng malaki,

from the Arroyo administration to Pnoy's.

One way of fighting corruption is to expose the shenanigans of the

previous administration. If the Aquino administration can show that

there will be accountability, potential thieves might think twice.

I have always asked you this but never got an answer. You are a lawyer

and thus believe in the rule of law, why would you NOT agree to the prosecution

of those who stole our money during the GMA administration. Why would you

use words like "smokescreen" or "selective prosecution" as if you are in favor

of not bringing these alleged culprits to trial. And please do NOT tell me that

there is no preponderance of evidence nor lack of witnesses against the Arroyos

and their cohorts.

and their cohorts.

dapat kasi EXPOSE and DISPOSE, hindi yung puro expose lang.

and their cohorts.

i dont agree with exposing shenanigans of the previous administration is one way of fighting corruption. its more of a diversionary tactic for me. its easy to beat up or make the past administration the whipping boy of the current administration.

if pnoy is serious in his anti-corruption campaign, why is he still coddling alvarez of the customs, torres of lto and usec puno of dilg? there are "preponderance of evidence" against them. the true test is for him to clean his ranks and not just place the past administration in a trial by publicity.

if you'd ask me, i love to see cases filed against GMA and her minions in court, not in the senate. ask yourself, how many cases has this administration filed in court against GMA?

then please blame the judicial branch...

corona is responsible for the disposition of cases...

the executive/legislative can only expose...

no, this has nothing to do with the judicial branch. the judicial branch will not act if the executive branch (DOJ) has not filed a case against the persons accused.

first of all, the cases against GMA are still with the DOJ, right? the others are still in the senate (why is the legislature investigating anomalies when its job is to create laws?).

you must be misinformed to say that the executive/legislative branch can only expose. the executive branch is the prosecution while the legislative branch can make remedial measures to curb corruption. there is nothing in their job description that says they can only expose.

if you'd ask me, i love to see cases filed against GMA and her minions in court, not in the senate. ask yourself, how many cases has this administration filed in court against GMA?

i did not ask myself...i went to the internet to do some research...

Five (5) plunder cases so far...and more to come...and may i quote ?

"With the presidency behind her, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on Friday made an appearance at the Department of Justice (DoJ) to subscribe to a 58-page affidavit countering the plunder suit filed by former Solicitor General Frank Chavez.But this may not be her final appearance in the dock. The Chavez charge is only one of five plunder cases filed against the former President within the last year alone."

Then, there is the tax evasion charges filed against the son, Mikey who as you know, has a very interesting interview with your favorite - Monsod.

And with the resignation of Merceditas Gutierrez and assumption of a new Ombudswoman we might see more cases. Maybe you would like to volunteer as a PROSECUTOR. I think the Philippines will need a lot of excellent Prosecutors to go against highly paid Defense Lawyers ?

We will need the best prosecutors..or else, GMA and her cohorts might end up just like Imelda...and the Marcoses...back in power and enjoying their stolen billions...

Let's just hope that there are some of us who have learned from the mistakes of the past...

But in my personal opinion based on the postings here...apparently...NOT....

i did not ask myself...i went to the internet to do some research...

Five (5) plunder cases so far...and more to come...and may i quote ?

"With the presidency behind her, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on Friday made an appearance at the Department of Justice (DoJ) to subscribe to a 58-page affidavit countering the plunder suit filed by former Solicitor General Frank Chavez.But this may not be her final appearance in the dock. The Chavez charge is only one of five plunder cases filed against the former President within the last year alone."

Then, there is the tax evasion charges filed against the son, Mikey who as you know, has a very interesting interview with your favorite - Monsod.

And with the resignation of Merceditas Gutierrez and assumption of a new Ombudswoman we might see more cases. Maybe you would like to volunteer as a PROSECUTOR. I think the Philippines will need a lot of excellent Prosecutors to go against highly paid Defense Lawyers ?

We will need the best prosecutors..or else, GMA and her cohorts might end up just like Imelda...and the Marcoses...back in power and enjoying their stolen billions...

Let's just hope that there are some of us who have learned from the mistakes of the past...

But in my personal opinion based on the postings here...apparently...NOT....

as i said, the cases should be filed in COURT (judiciary brach). the reports clearly show that the cases are now pending before the DOJ (executive branch in which Pnoy is the head).

remember that the DOJ cannot punish the arroyos, only the courts (on a side note, the Supreme COURT just issued a TRO on the watchlist order of the DOJ, another slap against the executive dept for overstepping its boundaries)

clearly, incompetent ang mga tao ni Pnoy, which reflects on his leadership. possibly walang evidence against kay GMA (kaya ang tagal i-file sa court ang cases o hindi nila ma-dismiss dahil pangit sa public perception) or, nakiki-pag deal pa sila sa mga arroyos.

bottomline, NO CASE HAS BEEN FILED IN COURT.

Edited by jopoc

bottomline, NO CASE HAS BEEN FILED IN COURT.

would a lawyer like you consider the ombudsman a court ?

"Yet another case was filed against Arroyo on Tuesday at the Office of the Ombudsman over the alleged misuse of P325 million in intelligence funds of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) during her term.

Also named in the complaint for plunder, malversation of public funds and violation of the antigraft law were former Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita, former Commission on Audit (COA) Chair Reynaldo Villar, former PCSO General Manager Rosario Uriarte and former PCSO Directors Sergio Valencia, Jose Taruc, Raymundo Roquero, Ma. Fatima Valdes and Manuel Morato."

would a lawyer like you consider the ombudsman a court ?

"Yet another case was filed against Arroyo on Tuesday at the Office of the Ombudsman over the alleged misuse of P325 million in intelligence funds of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) during her term.

Also named in the complaint for plunder, malversation of public funds and violation of the antigraft law were former Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita, former Commission on Audit (COA) Chair Reynaldo Villar, former PCSO General Manager Rosario Uriarte and former PCSO Directors Sergio Valencia, Jose Taruc, Raymundo Roquero, Ma. Fatima Valdes and Manuel Morato."

no, the ombudsman is not a court.

its the prosecuting arm of the government against people who committed corrupt practices during their tenure as public officers.

at best, the ombudsman can only make administrative sanctions against some officials. but of course, there can be no administrative sanction against GMA.

the court where the ombudsman file cases is the sandiganbayan.

@ WOLFWHISTLER:

The Arroyos are being tried by publicity B.S.Aquino's administration. But up to now Noynoy's amateur attack dogs are still fishing for evidence. That's why up to now they still couldn't file any case in the proper court.

Pero sa isipan mo, guilty na silang lahat. Keep it up.

B.S. Aquino is getting desperate. Now he wants to re-open the Aquino-Galman case to shore up his declining popularity, to divert people's attention from his mediocre performance, and cover up for his selling out to the MILF.

Edited by camiar

@ WOLFWHISTLER:

The Arroyos are being tried by publicity B.S.Aquino's administration. But up to now Noynoy's amateur attack dogs are still fishing for evidence. That's why up to now they still couldn't file any case in the proper court.

Pero sa isipan mo, guilty na silang lahat. Keep it up.

B.S. Aquino is getting desperate. Now he wants to re-open the Aquino-Galman case to shore up his declining popularity, to divert people's attention from his mediocre performance, and cover up for his selling out to the MILF.

i agree. in fact, the attack dogs are so desperate in their fishing expedition for evidence they have to detain the poor ex-bookeeper of LTA so she would sing the tune they want to hear.

the Pnoy administration is worsening by the day.

Edited by jopoc

When I read the postings here, my impression is that majority think Pinoy is incompetent. If this is so, why was he elected? Surely there is no doubt that he really won. Because the "masa" voted for him? The "masa" are only interested in getting a job that does not require work and are only swayed by what they hear from supposedly intelligent people. So why did these supposedly intelligent people push for Pinoy when they knew he had no managerial experience whatsoever? He is just a rich kid who could survive for the rest of his life without having to face the pressures of work, so why push for him? Because, his battle cry was hang Gloria (although the more appropriate term, I think, is burn at the stake because that is what is done to witches)? But being intelligent, they should know that a President has no power over the courts and it is only the courts that can hang (or burn) her. And they would also know that the Philippine Courts is not exactly a model of rightheousness. So why? Because of so much hatred thatd they are/were willing to gamble the future of the country just so they can get even with the evil Gloria? Suppose it were really possible to burn her tomorrow, what do we do now that the raison d'etre is gone?

Or could the reason for support be precisely because of his perceived incompetence, it would be easy to manipulate him? But is that reasoning really not being selfish and is it something that will be good for the country? I pressume they would also know that there will be so many of them, manipulators, each, having their own idea which may be in conflict with the other. Wouldn't that be chaos?

Dolphy was once being encouraged to run but his reply was that winning is something he can be confident about but his problem is what to do after that. I'm sure Pinoy must have known about his shortcomings too, so why did he accept?

But what is done s done. What to do now? Another revolution? Haven't we learned our lessons yet from the two EDSAs? "Better a devil we know than an angel we don't". So "love the one you're with". If we feel that we are suffering now, then we just have to pay for our mistake. C'est la vie. Sorry for us. We only get what we deserve.

no, the ombudsman is not a court.

its the prosecuting arm of the government against people who committed corrupt practices during their tenure as public officers.

at best, the ombudsman can only make administrative sanctions against some officials. but of course, there can be no administrative sanction against GMA.

the court where the ombudsman file cases is the sandiganbayan.

nagkakalokohan na yata tayo eh...

komo lawyer ka...dinadaan mo na lang ako sa semantics...

8 years kang nag aral ng law...

marami dito sa amin, nag-re-rely sa binabasa namin...

kung puwede...lang sana...paki explain nga ng sinasabi sa mga pahayagan...

when they say that 5 plunder cases has been filed or...'yet another case has been filed'...

pag sinabi bang kinasuhan si ganun or si ganire...tama bang i-assume na the case is

progressing ?...that eventually...it will reach the proper courts ?

alam mo pareho lamang naman tayong naniniwala sa presumption of innocence...

parehong lang naman ang brand demokrasya na pinaniniwalaan natin...

alam ko galit ka sa trial by publicity...pero as i have mentioned before...hindi ka

puwedeng mamili ng isang aspeto lang ng demokrasya...you have to take the whole thing...

hook, line and sinker...one of the things that i do NOT like sa mga ginagawa ng mga arroyo

is they are STONEWALLING and doing everything within their power (money) to evade ang mga tanong

ng mga FILIPINO...so, bakit ?...bakit kelangang bayaran ang mga congressman para hindi

matuloy ang impeachment process?...bakit kelangan si IGGY ang sumalo ng kaso ni JOSE PIDAL...

tapos ngayon, si IGGY na naman ang nag-lease ng mga helicopter...mabuti pa nga si MIKEY at asawa niya...

...mas matapang they submittted themselves to the BIR ... bakit kailangan ni Bunye na mag-i have 2 discs...

tapos, yung 'i'm sorry' ni GMA ?...ang daming tanong...pero walang sagot...ang laging sagot..."magkita na

lang tayo sa korte"... eh alam naman natin sa korte, ang ebidensiya laging nakaturo sa mga small time na

crooks na binayaran...like what happened dun sa palawan...those in power, those who have money....they

know how to get around the law...with high paid lawyers, the rich and powerful use the law to their advantage....

di ba sabi mo nga...nagbayad ng 10 million yung kliyente mo para hindi matawag

sa senate hearing - that's one way of getting around the law...

..if there's anything that we could agree on...totoong marami ang incompetent sa administrasyon ni Pnoy...pero that's

an improvement sa panahon ni GMA...talamak ang incompetent at corrupt sa panahon ni Gloria...

i agree. in fact, the attack dogs are so desperate in their fishing expedition for evidence they have to detain the poor ex-bookeeper of LTA so she would sing the tune they want to hear.

the Pnoy administration is worsening by the day.

let's put this thing in its proper context...shall we ?

and so apparently, this is what happened....and i quote mr bondoc...

"But when confronted with a bank document the $500,000-wire transfer by LTA

Inc. to Robinson in December 2003 the accountant in Rowena had to give. Yes,

it was authentic, she said but quickly added that it was an advance payment

for the lease. She stuck to her story, although Robinson only manufactures and

never leases helicopters. The senators knew she was lying, and cited and

detained her for contempt. Aside from conspiracy with Mike, she would be charged with perjury."

Wouldnt you feel insulted, when you know someone is lying to you ?

when they say that 5 plunder cases has been filed or...'yet another case has been filed'...

pag sinabi bang kinasuhan si ganun or si ganire...tama bang i-assume na the case is

no semantics here.

the ombudsman and DOJ merely make PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATIONS, meaning, they will study/investigate whether or not the case should be filed in court.

normally, the DOJ, or the public prosecutors aka fiscals, will file cases in regular courts while the Ombudsman will file the case in the sandiganbayan. its is the regular court (rtc or mtc) and the Sandiganbayan that is actually a court, not the ombudsman or doj.

my point is simple. kung may malakas na ebidensya ang doj or ombudsman, hindi dapat tumatagal ang investigation. they should have filed it in court already. so ask yourself, WHY THE DELAY????

ps. on a personal note, i did not study law for 8 years. 5 years lang (had to extend 1 year for not being the brightest in class. hehe)

let's put this thing in its proper context...shall we ?

and so apparently, this is what happened....and i quote mr bondoc...

"But when confronted with a bank document the $500,000-wire transfer by LTA

Inc. to Robinson in December 2003 the accountant in Rowena had to give. Yes,

it was authentic, she said but quickly added that it was an advance payment

for the lease. She stuck to her story, although Robinson only manufactures and

never leases helicopters. The senators knew she was lying, and cited and

detained her for contempt. Aside from conspiracy with Mike, she would be charged with perjury."

Wouldnt you feel insulted, when you know someone is lying to you ?

a. so, what is the lie here? she merely admitted that the bank document is authentic. remember that rowena is a mere bookeeper. utusan lang sya. hindi naman sya ang magsasabi kung lease payment o hindi and whether or not it was an advance payment for the lease. she was merely relying on what she knows. saan ka nakakita ng bookeeper na nakikialam kung papaano magbabayad ang mga boss nya?

b. rowena made it clear that her boss is iggy. the records are clear that mike is not a shareholder of LTA in 2001-2010, so how can mike be her boss in 2004?

c. if someone lies to me, i file the proper case, i will not take the law in my hands. if rowena suddenly recants her statement, do you think its still believable? would you not say she was doing it out of duress and coercion?

d. bondoc is an attack dog of the pnoy administration. look at his previous articles. he has always been the one taking a first crack against FG.

alam mo pareho lamang naman tayong naniniwala sa presumption of innocence...

parehong lang naman ang brand demokrasya na pinaniniwalaan natin...

alam ko galit ka sa trial by publicity...pero as i have mentioned before...hindi ka

puwedeng mamili ng isang aspeto lang ng demokrasya...you have to take the whole thing...

hook, line and sinker...one of the things that i do NOT like sa mga ginagawa ng mga arroyo

is they are STONEWALLING and doing everything within their power (money) to evade ang mga tanong

ng mga FILIPINO...so, bakit ?...bakit kelangang bayaran ang mga congressman para hindi

matuloy ang impeachment process?...bakit kelangan si IGGY ang sumalo ng kaso ni JOSE PIDAL...

tapos ngayon, si IGGY na naman ang nag-lease ng mga helicopter...mabuti pa nga si MIKEY at asawa niya...

...mas matapang they submittted themselves to the BIR ... bakit kailangan ni Bunye na mag-i have 2 discs...

tapos, yung 'i'm sorry' ni GMA ?...ang daming tanong...pero walang sagot...ang laging sagot..."magkita na

lang tayo sa korte"... eh alam naman natin sa korte, ang ebidensiya laging nakaturo sa mga small time na

crooks na binayaran...like what happened dun sa palawan...those in power, those who have money....they

know how to get around the law...with high paid lawyers, the rich and powerful use the law to their advantage....

di ba sabi mo nga...nagbayad ng 10 million yung kliyente mo para hindi matawag

sa senate hearing - that's one way of getting around the law...

..if there's anything that we could agree on...totoong marami ang incompetent sa administrasyon ni Pnoy...pero that's

an improvement sa panahon ni GMA...talamak ang incompetent at corrupt sa panahon ni Gloria...

And the improvements are what again? Economic improvement? These are brought about by fiscal and legislative policies that do not bear fruit overnight. O, baka naman improvement in the way we sanctioned those involved in the hostage crisis?