Raising Children

There are sleepless night, long days, messy hair and so much more. But the good always outweighs the bad. The precious moments, the I Love You’s, the Thank You’s… those are the moments that you never forget.. :)

I agree. Seeing and being with them first thing in the morning and at the end of each day makes all the long days and the stress I face daily worthwhile. The are amongst the core reasons that drive and inspire me.

• 2 weeks later...

my son is 7 years old

and I'm proud to say he's a sweet, thoughtful young gentleman.

I always show him my way of helping elders like

-assisting an old woman put all her groceries inside the tricycle

-letting an elder sit inside the trike then lilipat kmi ng anak ko sa backride

sa ganung paraan, kahit hindi mo ituro, mkukuha nya, gagayahin nya at makaksanayan nya.

my son is also open minded - I dont like keeping secrets from him, if I'm hurt or in pain or really devastated. if I need to get drunk ipapasundo ko sya sa ama nya.... yun ang ayaw ko ipakita - ang nanay nyang lasing at umiiyak.

pero mas mgnda yung aware sya sa ngyyri sau - mas mkikita mo yung sweetness nya.

yung panahong iniwan ako ng lesbian gf ko... he wrote me a letter saying

"Mamy I love you so much, hindi kita iiwan promise, iniwan ka na ni tita baby kawawa ka naman.... hanap ka nlng ng bagong boyfriend okay?"

minsan hindi ko na alam kung san galing ung sweetness nya - masasabi ko lang. I'm one proud badass momma.

minsan din para ko syang tatay or kuya - "san ka galing? anong oras ka na umuwi?"

mga bagay na magtatanggal ng pagod mo.

kaligayahan na hindi mo mabibili sa mall.

• Like (+1) 1

My partner left (actually i kicked her out of the house bec of drugs i found in her purse) when my son was 2, it was so stressful being a single parent. Good thing my mom is always by my side helping... but i had a lot of relief whenever me and my son play, we laugh, give me kisses and hugs. Ngayon 10 na siya, napapansin ko puro hugs na lang bihira na ang kiss.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^or better yet, wag na lang mag anak talaga lalo na kung hindi afford ang pangangailangan nila.

Personally, ayoko magkaanak kasi ayoko matulad sa mga tao sa paligid ko na nagka-asawa lang at nagkaanak parang bumigat na mundo nila. Dumami ang problema at mismong mga anak pa ang naging problema nila. Sayang, ok naman sila nung mga binata/dalaga pa sila pero mula nung nagkaanak naging problemado na.

• 1 month later...

I teach my kid who is 11 on financing and how things work in the real world. I think he's getting it. :)

The other one is still too young for it. Will wait for him to turn 11 as well. That seems to be the magic age for me as I knew when I was at that age I started becoming aware of what was happening in the house as opposed to not caring because I just wanted to play or read my comics.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...