• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

Come on! The main reason why Manny destroyed all of them was because they had style perfect for his. This has always been a fair criticism about Manny. That as good as his opponents were, they all had no other strategy really but to come forward and bully the smaller man. Of course Pacquiao will get the upperhand because that is the way he fights. I mean to take nothing from Pacquiao but I think this is a fair criticism. Dela Hoya to begin with was not even healthy at all when he jumped in that ring. I mean look at him, he looked like he just got out of the hospital bed. Any welterweight contender who jumped in that ring with oscar would have kicked his ass, Manny only made it look good. His victory with Hatton of course was impressive, but then again Manny fights toe to toe, naturally he will get the upperhand. Mayweather likes to play the psych game, he likes to frustrate the opposition and pick them apart in the later rounds. Just like a matador would to a bull. Margarito? Oh come on! Margarito was not even an elite to begin with. His most significant victory was a fraud. Besides, if he was any slower he could have sprouted some roots on that canvass. Marquez on the third fight exposed what Pacquiao was about. Yes Freddie made him effective at what he does, but still he is the same fighter who can't handle precission boxers. I thought Bradley could have won the second fight had he not decided to brawl with manny.

The point I wanna make with all these is that Mayweather being the intelligent fighter that he is did not have any reason to be scared of Pacquiao skillwise. And besides, when it comes to styles its Mayweather who has fought all kinds of style there is. Swarmers, brawlers, counterpunchers, volume punchers etc. From the start we already saw Manny had problems with precision fighters. You think Mayweather did not notice this the way Marquez would?

Maybe PBF doesn't have a reason to be scared of Manny, but he is scared, he admitted it himself and to paraphrase him "I don't want to get hurt, I have my family to think about" - is that not scared?

But bradley is no counterpuncher. He is a boxer/brawler. He would have won the second fight with pacquiao had he decided not to brawl with him where Manny will get the upperhand. Still full credit to pacquiao in both fights.

what!? Bradley is a counterpuncher, his game is almost identical to Floyd's.

Marquez deserves full credit for that win. Actually, in the entire series, I only have Manny winning the first fight out of the error made in the scorecareds. Marquez should have been awarded the decision in the second and third fight. Especially in the second where he clearly won more rounds than Pacquiao. The KD happened in only one round. Besides it works both ways, if Marquez was able to memorize Mannys move because he fought him so many times, so should have Manny. I mean he is younger than Marquez so he should have made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fight.

Manny did make adjustments, in fact he was winning the majority of the rounds before the KO. But it's boxing, you get caught.

Ali quarelled with his critics a lot and he was credited for the famous quote "while I am up here fighting you are down there shouting!". Ali was sometimes the hero and the villan depending on who he was fighting. People hated him so much theyd boo him when he entered the ring. I don't see that happening with Floyd. As for SRR? Man Floyd is actually a choirboy compared to SRR. Outside the ring SRR was a pompous narcissitic primadonna who would nail his wife with combinations. He breached fight contracts all the time. He'd sign the contract, then demand for more pay, sometimes the only way you can be sure that the fight would indeed happen is when you actually see him jump on that ring.
Manny is not the class triple A human being the media portrays him to be. He has his own brand of arrogance. Besides, doesnt this guy cheat on his wife all the time? He is a mere poster boy. But who cares right? We do not know these people in person, and at the end of the day its skills that determine the outcome of the fight.

To me, its enough that Floyd has that gracious winner attitude and so as long as he is not fouled, he tries to fight clean.

Floyd fighting clean is the funniest thing you've said in the entire post.

Mayweather utilizing the overhook from grappling

http://giant.gfycat.com/ImmaculateKnobbyDutchsmoushond.gif

this time Mayweather utilizes the underhook and an overhook, WITHOUT throwing a punch. It's more wrestling now than boxing

http://giant.gfycat.com/AdvancedEmptyCondor.gif

and like any good wrestler, Mayweather also utilizes the elbow to the face or the crossface

http://fat.gfycat.com/VariableOrganicAppaloosa.gif

http://i.minus.com/jywh37BzRpeWk.png

Yup he sure fights clean.

Edited by Larry

Nah, this is a one time thing. It won't be enough to bring boxing back. This is the only fight big enough to bring casual fans to the sport.

After this, there's nothing. Both guys are nearing the end of their careers, if PBF wins I think he only fights 3 more times to get to fifty and beat Rocky Marciano's unbeaten streak. Manny retires after this, that much is clear.

The best active fighters right now can't bring in the casual fans. The heavyweight champion, who has been undefeated in 12 years, can't bring the numbers. The deadliest and most exciting fighter in the sport today, GGG, also can't bring in the numbers (plus no one wants to fight him). No one's left after Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Boxing has ruined boxing. Gone are the days when the best fighters faced each other multiple times. Ali fought Frazier, and Foreman. Duran, Leonard, and Hagler fought each other multiple times.

we have none of that now.

when the promoters started deciding the fights is when boxing went down ...

this fight is 5 years too late and im having second thoughts buying the ppv ...

Maybe PBF doesn't have a reason to be scared of Manny, but he is scared, he admitted it himself and to paraphrase him "I don't want to get hurt, I have my family to think about" - is that not scared?

First of all, thats just rubbish. I don't want to get hurt = I don't wanna fight Pacquaio because I am scared he will hurt me. Seriously? Miguel Cotto said something similar in front of Max Kellerman and Antonio Margarito himself. So does that mean he was scared of Margarito? Give me a break, every opponent you face will always try to hurt you. But the name of the game is hit-but-don't-get-hit. Its not that Rocky Balboa bullsh!t. No soldier wants to be shot or lose a limb, but that is not te same as saying they will not jump into the battlefield.

what!? Bradley is a counterpuncher, his game is almost identical to Floyd's.

Huh? Bradley's style is very very far from Mayweathers. Watch the Provodnikov fight. Actually had he decided not to slug it out with manny and stick to precision boxing, he would have had the better of Pacquiao.

Manny did make adjustments, in fact he was winning the majority of the rounds before the KO. But it's boxing, you get caught.

Oh here we go, the "lucky punch" argument again. Thats it, Marquez just got lucky. Sure, he was so lucky he dropped Pacquiao twice in that fight. The second time turning his lights off. Pacquaio was merely ahead in the scorecards by a few rounds. It does not mean he was dominating the fight. In fact, it was Pacquaio who was always lucky to escape decision wins he does not deserve. IMO, he only won the first fight. Fight number 2 and 3 should have been awarded to Marquez. Why can't you people give Marquez full credit for that win. Like I said what he did was good for the sport. He settled and injustice to his own career by being the best he could be. He trained for almost 6 months. I hardly saw Manny's determination to prepare for this fight.

Floyd fighting clean is the funniest thing you've said in the entire post.

I specifically said, he tries to fight clean as long as he is not fouled. Hatton, Ortiz, and Maidana all kept fouling him. Come on, Maidana was headbutting Floyd a lot. And why hate on Floyd for Clinch fighting Maidana a lot? He had to win the fight the way he knows how to right?

Love him or hate him, boxing makes a lot of Money because of Floyd. Who wanted to see Pacquiao pummel Chris Algieri? Nobody! But more people follow the bad guy because you either pay to see him win or pay to see him lose.

First of all, thats just rubbish. I don't want to get hurt = I don't wanna fight Pacquaio because I am scared he will hurt me. Seriously? Miguel Cotto said something similar in front of Max Kellerman and Antonio Margarito himself. So does that mean he was scared of Margarito? Give me a break, every opponent you face will always try to hurt you. But the name of the game is hit-but-don't-get-hit. Its not that Rocky Balboa bullsh!t. No soldier wants to be shot or lose a limb, but that is not te same as saying they will not jump into the battlefield.

It's boxing, if you don't want to get hurt go play tennis.

Oh here we go, the "lucky punch" argument again. Thats it, Marquez just got lucky. Sure, he was so lucky he dropped Pacquiao twice in that fight. The second time turning his lights off. Pacquaio was merely ahead in the scorecards by a few rounds. It does not mean he was dominating the fight. In fact, it was Pacquaio who was always lucky to escape decision wins he does not deserve. IMO, he only won the first fight. Fight number 2 and 3 should have been awarded to Marquez. Why can't you people give Marquez full credit for that win. Like I said what he did was good for the sport. He settled and injustice to his own career by being the best he could be. He trained for almost 6 months. I hardly saw Manny's determination to prepare for this fight.

i didn't say it was a lucky punch. I said he got caught. big difference.

I specifically said, he tries to fight clean as long as he is not fouled. Hatton, Ortiz, and Maidana all kept fouling him. Come on, Maidana was headbutting Floyd a lot. And why hate on Floyd for Clinch fighting Maidana a lot? He had to win the fight the way he knows how to right?

Those gifs I posted are from the second Maidana fight. And explain the Mosley crossface then...

And yes I will hate on Floyd for clinching and not fighting. The old Floyd used the clinch to avoid the counter after throwing a punch. That Floyd I posted clutched on Maidana the entire fight. It's boxing not wrestling. Clinching is an art form in boxing, but if you just clinch to stay "safe" then you're just cheating your way to a win. The fight was so bad, that people were leaving even before it was over. It was so bad, that Floyd only threw one punch in the final round.

Yeah he's great technically, he has excellent technique, etc. etc. One thing he's not is a fighter. He's a great boxer, but he's not a fighter, because fighters fight, and don't run.

Love him or hate him, boxing makes a lot of Money because of Floyd. Who wanted to see Pacquiao pummel Chris Algieri? Nobody! But more people follow the bad guy because you either pay to see him win or pay to see him lose.

I was chatting with Boxing fans, and these guys has some boxing background naman.

We started of course with how exciting the fight will be, and of course we got to talking who we think will win.

I told them that I am of course for Manny, though I am not too sure about his odds, as Mayweather is of course is unbeaten and is very skilled.

They agreed with me, but offered some insights on how they think Manny might be able to beat Mayweather.

1. Manny is a Southpaw

2. Manny's punches comes from different angles.

3. Manny punches hard

I was told to watch a youtube video of Mayweather fighting a southpaw, forgot his name, but I was able to find the video of someone who said that he knows how Mayweather can be beat.... and he used a lot of videos from Mayweather vs. Judah, and that video showed how Judah was able to connect on Floyd. This was mostly about how Floyd's defence (like the shoulder roll) isn't as great with southpaws. Okay sure.

But that is not all, Manny has a strong punch and can hit from different angles, which hopefully also will keep Floyd guessing.

At the end, we all agreed, that Manny has to hurt Floyd within the first 3 rounds, if not, then Floyd will be able to read what Manny is doing and will bounce back at the end... Edmund pointed this out, that this is Floyd's tactics often.

I think that once a boxer starts getting tired, they rely on muscle memory and thus start going into the same rhythm which is what Floyd capitalizes on. So for the May 2 fight, I guess, for Manny he has to go and try to hurt Floyd within the first 3 rounds, then after that he should be very defensive.

It's boxing, if you don't want to get hurt go play tennis.

Come on! there are injuries in tennis also, even in golf. You can get hurt playing any sport. Thats why you equally train to not hurt yourself. Yes its boxing. Its supposed to be a hit-and-do-not-get-hit-game. Its not supposed to be that bullsh!t in the Rocky series. Boxing is also a game of tactical finesse.

i didn't say it was a lucky punch. I said he got caught. big difference.

But the way you said it, its as if Marquez does not deserve full credit as the better fighter because he just "caught" Pacquiao and it "happens" in boxing. I give full credit to Marquez and IMO, Marquez is the better fighter. He should have been awarded the decision in the second and third fight. He saw it as an injustice, so he trained nearly for 6 months, he developed his power and physique and delivered what he promised. Pacquiao? I am not even sure if he took the fight as seriously as he was supposed to. He trained in GenSan in order to support his brothers campaign. Sure his conditioning may have been spot on, but from the onset he should have taken Marquez's determination to KOTFO seriously.

Anyway, like I said, victories like that are good for the sport. It may have been a sad day for Filipinos, but definitely what happened there was good for boxing

Those gifs I posted are from the second Maidana fight. And explain the Mosley crossface then...

And yes I will hate on Floyd for clinching and not fighting. The old Floyd used the clinch to avoid the counter after throwing a punch. That Floyd I posted clutched on Maidana the entire fight. It's boxing not wrestling. Clinching is an art form in boxing, but if you just clinch to stay "safe" then you're just cheating your way to a win. The fight was so bad, that people were leaving even before it was over. It was so bad, that Floyd only threw one punch in the final round.

Yeah he's great technically, he has excellent technique, etc. etc. One thing he's not is a fighter. He's a great boxer, but he's not a fighter, because fighters fight, and don't run.

Come on, those are semi-legal moves actually. Its sometimes needed to protect your head from a headbutt. Its a fighting game it gets ugly. Maidana is a known dirty fighter himself. He was also fouling floyd in the second fight. Floyd complained to the ref that he was biting his fingers. Thing is, nobody hates on Hatton, Ortiz, or Zab for fouling Floyd, but when Floyd retaliates with a semi-legal move everyone hates on him.

You do not like his non-aggressive style. Thats understandable. Many of us from this generation became interested in boxing because of the rocky series. I admit that some of his fights are sometimes not as exciting as Pacquiao. But that does not mean he deserves all this hate for fighting the way he does. Its also unfair to say that he "runs" and does not fight".

Look at it this way, Floyd only lost to the scorecards one time! If there is one thing that boxing judges don't like its those fighters who "run" and not fight. He will not reach 47-0 losing only one time to the scorecards and drawing twice, if the judges think he is not fighting. Aggression, ringmanship, and control of the fight is taken into consideration in the 10-point scoring system.

Floyd does not fight toe to toe, sure. But that is not the same as running. He is like a matador who likes to take his time, tire out the bull, frustrate it, then pick them apart later on using finesse instead of brute force. He likes to calculate, adjust and rally in the later rounds.

Come on! there are injuries in tennis also, even in golf. You can get hurt playing any sport. Thats why you equally train to not hurt yourself. Yes its boxing. Its supposed to be a hit-and-do-not-get-hit-game. Its not supposed to be that bullsh!t in the Rocky series. Boxing is also a game of tactical finesse.

lol are you seriously trying to compare boxing injuries with tennis elbow? Injured boxers are never the same, Floyd Patterson, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Willie Pep all had dementia pugilistica. Meldrick Taylor can't be coherent to save his life. You're seriously saying that the injuries from non-contact sports like tennis and golf can compare to the severity of boxing injuries?

But the way you said it, its as if Marquez does not deserve full credit as the better fighter because he just "caught" Pacquiao and it "happens" in boxing. I give full credit to Marquez and IMO, Marquez is the better fighter. He should have been awarded the decision in the second and third fight. He saw it as an injustice, so he trained nearly for 6 months, he developed his power and physique and delivered what he promised. Pacquiao? I am not even sure if he took the fight as seriously as he was supposed to. He trained in GenSan in order to support his brothers campaign. Sure his conditioning may have been spot on, but from the onset he should have taken Marquez's determination to KOTFO seriously.

where did i say that? It's a fighting fact, everybody gets caught. It's common knowledge for every one that participates in a combat sport, everybody gets caught, no one is invincible. I don't even know how you got the feeling that I said that Marquez didn't deserve full credit. You're reading too much into what I say

Come on, those are semi-legal moves actually. Its sometimes needed to protect your head from a headbutt. Its a fighting game it gets ugly. Maidana is a known dirty fighter himself. He was also fouling floyd in the second fight. Floyd complained to the ref that he was biting his fingers. Thing is, nobody hates on Hatton, Ortiz, or Zab for fouling Floyd, but when Floyd retaliates with a semi-legal move everyone hates on him.

That's neither here nor there. It doesn't matter if the other guy does it to you too, if you retaliate then you're dirty as well. You can't rationalize it by saying "but he did it first" it's black and white, it's either you do it or you don't. That's such a childish argument.

You do not like his non-aggressive style. Thats understandable. Many of us from this generation became interested in boxing because of the rocky series. I admit that some of his fights are sometimes not as exciting as Pacquiao. But that does not mean he deserves all this hate for fighting the way he does. Its also unfair to say that he "runs" and does not fight".

I don't know which fights you're watching but if you're in a fight and you only throw one punch in 3 minutes, then you're not fighting.

Look at it this way, Floyd only lost to the scorecards one time! If there is one thing that boxing judges don't like its those fighters who "run" and not fight. He will not reach 47-0 losing only one time to the scorecards and drawing twice, if the judges think he is not fighting. Aggression, ringmanship, and control of the fight is taken into consideration in the 10-point scoring system.

ah yes because the boxing judging system is so incorruptible that they make correct decisions all the time.

Floyd does not fight toe to toe, sure. But that is not the same as running. He is like a matador who likes to take his time, tire out the bull, frustrate it, then pick them apart later on using finesse instead of brute force. He likes to calculate, adjust and rally in the later rounds.

The new floyd would disagree with you. The old floyd was a very technical fighter, who beat you with technique. This new floyd is just a runner and a parody of his old self. He couldn't even put Maidana away. A Maidana who got hurt very badly by a plodding Broner. A Maidana who has been in absolute wars within 10 months, and has been hurt very badly by other fighters. He couldn't put him away. The last knockout he had was a very severely underweight and overmatched JMM, who struggled to make weight.

• Like (+1) 1

lol are you seriously trying to compare boxing injuries with tennis elbow? Injured boxers are never the same, Floyd Patterson, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Willie Pep all had dementia pugilistica. Meldrick Taylor can't be coherent to save his life. You're seriously saying that the injuries from non-contact sports like tennis and golf can compare to the severity of boxing injuries?

I am saying, any athlete who says he wants to get hurt is an idiot. The more dangerous the sport is, the more you have to learn to protect yourself. A lot of fighters had their lives and talents wasted because they didn't protect themselves. The name of the game is hit-and-dont-get-hit. No fighter wants to be seriously injured anymore than a soldier in the battlefield wants to be shot. Is that the same as being a coward?

Manny ealier in his career said he wants to retire at the age of 28 because he does not wanna suffer neurological damages. So I guess he was scared now?

where did i say that? It's a fighting fact, everybody gets caught. It's common knowledge for every one that participates in a combat sport, everybody gets caught, no one is invincible. I don't even know how you got the feeling that I said that Marquez didn't deserve full credit. You're reading too much into what I say

To me it sounded that it was more of Manny getting caught and not because a better fighter turned his lights out. But you cleared this one up. so having said that Marquez was the better fighter then right? And there isn't just one excuse you can make for Pacquiao losing that fight. Hence counterpunchers have always been his kryptonite. 4 fights and he could never solve the game of Marquez. In fact he got worse and worse with each outing IMO.

That's neither here nor there. It doesn't matter if the other guy does it to you too, if you retaliate then you're dirty as well. You can't rationalize it by saying "but he did it first" it's black and white, it's either you do it or you don't. That's such a childish argument.

So now we should have double standards then? If Floyd does a semi-legal move we should all throw rotten tomatoes at him because he is the douchebag anyway? I didn't hear anybody booing Ortiz when he was fouling Mayweather against the ropes. Besides, you said it yourself, its a fight business. Its not pretty. You sometimes need to defend yourself against dirty fighters. Those GIFs you show is hardly as damaging as a headbutt, a punch to the back of the head, and even a knee to the thigh which Maidana does sometimes.

I don't know which fights you're watching but if you're in a fight and you only throw one punch in 3 minutes, then you're not fighting.

Lol. Now in what fight and in what round did Floyd throw one punch in 3 minutes. Please name that fight? Because as far as punch stats are concerned he has consistently outlanded his opponents. lol. This is a similar argument in Loenard Vs Hagler. Leonard wasn't fighting Hagler. But in fact the punch stats showed that he was outboxing Hagler. Sure I thought Hagler deserved the decision based on aggression, but ringmanship belonged to leonard.

ah yes because the boxing judging system is so incorruptible that they make correct decisions all the time.

So are you insinuating that the judges were either stupid or the decisions were rigged? I do not understand why you dont give the man the benefit of the doubt he deserves. Love him or hate him, he has outclassed most of his opponents. The most controversial fight he had was against Jose Luis Castillo, whom he gave a rematch to. Other than that, most of his wins were convincing enough not just to the judges but to the other ring observers. Like I said, even the fight stats show that he is winning.

The new floyd would disagree with you. The old floyd was a very technical fighter, who beat you with technique. This new floyd is just a runner and a parody of his old self. He couldn't even put Maidana away. A Maidana who got hurt very badly by a plodding Broner. A Maidana who has been in absolute wars within 10 months, and has been hurt very badly by other fighters. He couldn't put him away. The last knockout he had was a very severely underweight and overmatched JMM, who struggled to make weight.

A runner? That is an unfair criticism when in fact, he has consistently fought champions both young and old. The punch statistics consistently shows that he has thrown and landed more. IMO over the last 2 years Floyd chose better opposition than Manny. Brandon RIos? Chris Algieri come on.

So he has slowed down a bit and showed signs of wear and tear. But thats normal for a boxer that ages. despite that he is still considered as the best fighter in the world right now. I guess all Im trying to say is, lets not discredit him too much just because he is not Rocky Balboa and does not mind being the villain in this sport.

I am saying, any athlete who says he wants to get hurt is an idiot. The more dangerous the sport is, the more you have to learn to protect yourself. A lot of fighters had their lives and talents wasted because they didn't protect themselves. The name of the game is hit-and-dont-get-hit. No fighter wants to be seriously injured anymore than a soldier in the battlefield wants to be shot. Is that the same as being a coward?

Manny ealier in his career said he wants to retire at the age of 28 because he does not wanna suffer neurological damages. So I guess he was scared now?

If you're a boxer and you say don't want to get hurt, that's like a swimmer saying I don't want to get wet.

To me it sounded that it was more of Manny getting caught and not because a better fighter turned his lights out. But you cleared this one up. so having said that Marquez was the better fighter then right? And there isn't just one excuse you can make for Pacquiao losing that fight. Hence counterpunchers have always been his kryptonite. 4 fights and he could never solve the game of Marquez. In fact he got worse and worse with each outing IMO.

Where have I made excuses for Manny? And where did I say that Marquez didn't get the better of Manny in that particular fight.

So now we should have double standards then? If Floyd does a semi-legal move we should all throw rotten tomatoes at him because he is the douchebag anyway? I didn't hear anybody booing Ortiz when he was fouling Mayweather against the ropes. Besides, you said it yourself, its a fight business. Its not pretty. You sometimes need to defend yourself against dirty fighters. Those GIFs you show is hardly as damaging as a headbutt, a punch to the back of the head, and even a knee to the thigh which Maidana does sometimes.

I'm the one with double standards?

You said that Mayweather fights clean.

I posted examples of him fighting dirty.

You said he was just retaliating, because his opponents were dirty too.

And I said that you can't have that excuse, it's either he fights dirty or he doesn't. His opponents fighting dirty have nothing to do with it, absolutely none.

And now I'm the one with double standards?

Lol. Now in what fight and in what round did Floyd throw one punch in 3 minutes. Please name that fight? Because as far as punch stats are concerned he has consistently outlanded his opponents. lol. This is a similar argument in Loenard Vs Hagler. Leonard wasn't fighting Hagler. But in fact the punch stats showed that he was outboxing Hagler. Sure I thought Hagler deserved the decision based on aggression, but ringmanship belonged to leonard.

Mayweather x Maidana 2, exactly one punch from Floyd in the final round after that he was content to just run around the ring. Watch it again.

So are you insinuating that the judges were either stupid or the decisions were rigged? I do not understand why you dont give the man the benefit of the doubt he deserves. Love him or hate him, he has outclassed most of his opponents. The most controversial fight he had was against Jose Luis Castillo, whom he gave a rematch to. Other than that, most of his wins were convincing enough not just to the judges but to the other ring observers. Like I said, even the fight stats show that he is winning.

so you're saying that boxing judges are the most honest, incorruptible people on the planet?

A runner? That is an unfair criticism when in fact, he has consistently fought champions both young and old. The punch statistics consistently shows that he has thrown and landed more. IMO over the last 2 years Floyd chose better opposition than Manny. Brandon RIos? Chris Algieri come on.

what has better competition got to do with anything? The only thing you've proven is that Floyd can choose fights, while Manny can't.

and no floyd doesn't throw more punches, he connects on more, but he doesn't throw more, he's just very accurate. If you don't believe me then look up the compubox stats. Even in training Floyd doesn't throw a lot of punches, he doesn't even throw a lot of punches at a heavy bag. I don't know where you got the idea that he throws more. Anybody who's watched a Floyd fight knows that PBF doesn't throw a lot of punches. You can check YouTube and watch his bag work if you don't believe me.

Have you guys read about some news that Freddie daw said that Manny wants to be President of the Philippines?

Ano yun, pag nanalo siya, boboto natin siya?

Pag natalo siya, boboton natin siya (sympathy vote)?

Loko talaga, they should just concentrate on the fight. Unless this is their way of psyching out Floyd?

On the other hand, I was doing some reading and found that although I respect Floyd for his fighting skills. He does have his dirty side, not just talk.

1. Gatti fight, he dropped Gatti's head and when Gatti turned to Referee to complain, Floyd kept hitting him till he was Knocked down.

2. Ortiz Fight, almost similar, they clinched, then when Ortiz was going to unclinch, Floyd hit him, when Ortiz turned to complain to the ref, he got hit by Floyd again, Knock Out.

Sure the first rule of Boxing is "protect yourself at all times", pero naman, Traidor naman yan.

Have you guys read about some news that Freddie daw said that Manny wants to be President of the Philippines?

Loko talaga, they should just concentrate on the fight. Unless this is their way of psyching out Floyd?

On the other hand, I was doing some reading and found that although I respect Floyd for his fighting skills. He does have his dirty side, not just talk.

1. Gatti fight, he dropped Gatti's head and when Gatti turned to Referee to complain, Floyd kept hitting him till he was Knocked down.

2. Ortiz Fight, almost similar, they clinched, then when Ortiz was going to unclinch, Floyd hit him, when Ortiz turned to complain to the ref, he got hit by Floyd again, Knock Out.

Sure the first rule of Boxing is "protect yourself at all times", pero naman, Traidor naman yan.

Gatti and Ortiz are known dirty fighters. In the Ortiz fight Floyd was being fouled a lot. He was headbutting him, and throwing illegal punches (punch to the back of the head can put you in a comma). He was fighting so dirty the ref had to deduct a point in favor of Floyd. Sure I agree that Floyd should have won that fight like a champion. But lets remember that he was not the one who started fouling in that fight. I guess magnified yung hatred sa kanya kasi nga sya lagi yung kontrabida.

Kung dirty figthing lang paguusapan, wala ng tatalo pa kay Hopkins. Matanda na kasi palibhasa. Talagang magaling gumulang yung g@go. Low blow on an angle na di masisilip ng ref, at sama pa dyan napakagaling umarte sa ref kahit di naman ganun kasakit yung foul.

oh but wait, Floyd doesn't fight dirty at all at least according to Edmund.

oh but wait, Floyd doesn't fight dirty at all at least according to Edmund.

I didn't say he does not fight dirty. Can you please read again what I said. I said he does not fight dirty as long as he is not fouled. Most of what you are complaining about can even be considered semi-legal lol. You are really starting to sound like a pactard.

Hate on Floyd all you want. Hate him because he does not fight the way you do. Hate him because he talks a lot of trash in 24/7 and all access. Hate him because he acts like a ghetto thug all the time. But its just stup!d to dismiss this guys talent and contribution to the sport. You said it yourself, after this fight, there isn't any other fighter out there who will appeal to both hardcore and casual fight fans. Love him or hate him, his personally as well as his skills make the sport relevant.

I just hope when he does beat pacquiao, I wont be hearing from you like excuses like. "He just got caught and it happens in boxing", "The judges are corrupt", "Floyd took the fight when Pacquiao was no longer in his prime".... Give me a break, Pacquiao's win over Dela Hoya is his most overrated. Not only was Dela Hoya past his prime, he was unhealthy going into that fight to begin with.

I didn't say he does not fight dirty. Can you please read again what I said. I said he does not fight dirty as long as he is not fouled. Most of what you are complaining about can even be considered semi-legal lol. You are really starting to sound like a pactard.

lol @ calling me a pactard. You've been scrambling for excuses for Floyd in this entire thread, you've got your head so far up his ass you can see PBFs tonsils. But it's amazing for a PBF fan like you to get so many things wrong about your fighter, you're a band-wagoner, the worst fan there is, just taking a ride on the hype train, you don't even know how your fighter fights. I don't even think you've seen PBF x Maidana 2.

"Floyd throws more punches" - man you don't even know what you're talking about.

Hate on Floyd all you want. Hate him because he does not fight the way you do. Hate him because he talks a lot of trash in 24/7 and all access. Hate him because he acts like a ghetto thug all the time. But its just stup!d to dismiss this guys talent and contribution to the sport. You said it yourself, after this fight, there isn't any other fighter out there who will appeal to both hardcore and casual fight fans. Love him or hate him, his personally as well as his skills make the sport relevant.

I hate him because he's not the legend that he makes himself out to be. I hate him because he beats women. He probably is the best technical boxer of this generation, but no he hasn't made the sport relevant at all. A boxer who gets booed when the last round comes around isn't doing anything for the sport. A fighter who cherry picks his opponents, who waits until they're over the hill isn't doing anything for the sport. Get off your high horse, and get Floyd's nuts out of your mouth. You might choke on it. Arguably Pacman has done more for the sport than Floyd. Pacquiao fights whoever is put in front of him, big, small, legend, tomato can, anybody you put in front of him he'll fight. Win or lose Manny comes to fight, and all his fights are exciting, even the fights where he lost. Pacman has turned a lot of people on to boxing. PBF has turned people off of boxing.

I just hope when he does beat pacquiao, I wont be hearing from you like excuses like. "He just got caught and it happens in boxing", "The judges are corrupt", "Floyd took the fight when Pacquiao was no longer in his prime".... Give me a break, Pacquiao's win over Dela Hoya is his most overrated. Not only was Dela Hoya past his prime, he was unhealthy going into that fight to begin with.

LOL look who's making excuses for ODLH now? Floyd fought an over the hill ODLH too, he couldn't put him away though. Floyd fought Cotto, couldn't put him away too. Floyd fought Maidana twice, couldn't put him away either, and was content to score points. Manny destroyed each and every opponent he's faced, even when he lost.

I'm convinced. You don't know a thing about boxing. You don't watch boxing, you don't train boxing, the extent of your boxing knowledge is "it's hit and not get hit" LOL spoken like a true sofa fan. Boxing is so much more than that, if you actually know anything about boxing you'll know it's tons more than that. you've never been in a fight except for internet debates. It's pretty clear, and its nothing to be ashamed of, just don't go mouthing off to me and call me a pactard when it's obvious that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.