Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

Ang yaba.. este swerte mo naman boy.... dapat ingatan mo yan... last i checked at the stores 50k+ yang item na yan :boo: ... baka mawala yan kasama ka pagnalalakad ka sa labas.... :huh:

that's why seiko lang ang gamit ko...:D not so ubiquitous yet subtle in forms and simplicity...sabi ng website niya :cool: hahaha

that's why seiko lang ang gamit ko...:D not so ubiquitous yet subtle in forms and simplicity...sabi ng website niya :cool: hahaha

nothing wrong with having an expensive watch... really stand out in a crowd yung omega seamaster... kaso takaw pansin masyado... can easily get you mugged in manila or in some "suspect" areas in the city...

ok to bring if you're staying in the "ritchie rich" places and malls... just do not attempt to wear one while commutting alone in public... via taxi bus mrt lrt or other public transport systems... i'm sure if you can afford one.... you'de be driving your own car....

"PARE --- GANDA NG YOYO NITO... KIDNAPPABLE ITO... BASTA SA AKIN YUNG RELO... IYO NA YUNG RANSOM..." are the usual thoughts from criminals...and a few desperate fellows who want quick money....

sorry just my thoughts... have seen too many incidents of criminality in the city and its not too sensible to wear one in public....

Maybe for occasions but not for daily use... sorry k20... ingat lang....

just a basic seiko for me... A WATCH IS A TOOL... IF WELL KEPT AND MAINTAINED... IT WILL FUNCTION RELIABLY... JUST LIKE GUNS....

Edited by zij11zk
nothing wrong with having an expensive watch... really stand out in a crowd yung omega seamaster... kaso takaw pansin masyado... can easily get you mugged in manila or in some "suspect" areas in the city...

ok to bring if you're staying in the "ritchie rich" places and malls... just do not attempt to wear one while commutting alone in public... via taxi bus mrt lrt or other public transport systems... i'm sure if you can afford one.... you'de be driving your own car....

"PARE --- GANDA NG YOYO NITO... KIDNAPPABLE ITO... BASTA SA AKIN YUNG RELO... IYO NA YUNG RANSOM..." are the usual thoughts from criminals...and a few desperate fellows who want quick money....

sorry just my thoughts... have seen too many incidents of criminality in the city and its not too sensible to wear one in public....

Maybe for occasions but not for daily use... sorry k20... ingat lang....

just a basic seiko for me... A WATCH IS A TOOL... IF WELL KEPT AND MAINTAINED... IT WILL FUNCTION RELIABLY... JUST LIKE GUNS....

so what's your seiko now? ano ang nabili mo...:D ?

as for me i think of timepieces as an investment that's why i don't think buying expensive watches are a waste of money. it's something na pwede mo pa ipamana hanggang apo mo. my dad still has his lolo's rolex president. actually my manual wind rolex was a pamana by my dad and i'm sure mapapamana ko pa sa anak ko. my rolex oyster perpetual date was a graduation gift from my parents. the tag and techno i bought myself.

that's true...good watches that stand the test of time are wise investments and can last a generation. sadly, my first watch, a seiko in gold trim and leather strap, bought by my father in 1968, got lost sometime 1975 when our house was burglarized. now, i see them as vintage pieces being sold in ebay and other watch forums and they cost so much compared to the new model prices. now, i feel the loss of that watch even if i was just 4 years old then...could have given it to my sons if it were still around.

but all is not lost. i now have three durable timepieces on hand, two seikos and a citizen, automatics all, and each will be given to my three children when the time comes...but for now, am enjoying them to my heart's content. :D

for the weekend, here's something to look forward to...in appreciation of the fine taste of rolexphil...cheers!

post-91934-1156498271.jpg

Edited by koopahl

I have several watches. The expensive ones are hand-me-downs from Dad. The others were gifts and the rest I personally chose and bought with my hard-saved (as opposed to "earned") allowance money.

3 Swatches (the most vintage is a classic '87 Swatch)

2 Guy Laroche dress watches

1 United Colors of Benetton

1 Gucci

1 Palazzo Corsini

1 Charles Jourdan

1 TechnoMarine

1 Timex Triathlon

A really cheap watch (no brand) - I bought for 500 pesos at a Tiangge

I have several watches. The expensive ones are hand-me-downs from Dad. The others were gifts and the rest I personally chose and bought with my hard-saved (as opposed to "earned") allowance money.

3 Swatches (the most vintage is a classic '87 Swatch)

2 Guy Laroche dress watches

1 United Colors of Benetton

1 Gucci

1 Palazzo Corsini

1 Charles Jourdan

1 TechnoMarine

1 Timex Triathlon

A really cheap watch (no brand) - I bought for 500 pesos at a Tiangge

:cool: watches daDj...and a growing one at that!

maybe you'd like to try a seiko diver...they're durable, rugged, inexpensive (as opposed to cheap) and can stand the test of time (the last one looks like it was lifted from its website...)

join us seiko diver fans! :thumbsupsmiley: just ask zij11k here...:D