Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

in 1999 a 1933 gold patek philippe with 24 complications was auctioned off at sotheby's for $11,000,000. that's NOT a typo, eleven million dollars.

Ā 

other expensive watches include (prices approximate):

chopard super ice cube - $1,130,000

blanccpain - $1,000,000

AP skeletonized grand complication - $700,000

vacheron constantin minute repeater $340,000

AP minute repeater with tourbillon - $300,000

roger dubuis homage - $300,000

GP magistral tourbillon - $300,000

breguet 5347PT - $280,000

iwc grande complication - $280,000

but in the philippines, mayors governors congressmen wear all gold rolexes, a manager or sometimes a fresh grad would be wearing an explorer or GMT... :wacko:

Ā 

misplaced priorities or too easy money?Ā 

Ā 

thank GOD for having rich parents!

Ā 

Ā 

take a look at some of the night market food stall owners in taiwan or hongkong.Ā  quite a number of them have authentic rolexes o their wrists.Ā  on the other hand, i know quite a few multimillionaires wearing just a simple oris or tissot.Ā  quite a diversified world we have here.Ā 

Ā 

as for the public servants, they'll gonna need a precise timekeeping watch to know how much time they have before their souls burn in eternal damnation.Ā 

Ā 

it also really depends on the financial capability or background of the manager or fresh grad.Ā  if you mean a bank manager withoutĀ  'rich parents' and earning around less than 50k a month , it's rather disturbing for his own good;Ā  unless he's wearing a good fake, but that's another story.Ā  B)

hindi naman lahat ng politicians... my father use to wear a gold tissot for the longest time. pinalitan nya lang because my brothers and sisters were able to pull our resources and buy him a cartier watch.

in 1999 a 1933 gold patek philippe with 24 complications was auctioned off at sotheby's for $11,000,000. that'sĀ  NOT a typo, eleven million dollars.

Ā 

other expensive watches include (prices approximate):

chopard super ice cube - $1,130,000

blanccpain - $1,000,000

AP skeletonized grand complication - $700,000

vacheron constantin minute repeater $340,000

AP minute repeater with tourbillon - $300,000

roger dubuis homage - $300,000

GP magistral tourbillon - $300,000

breguet 5347PT - $280,000

iwc grande complication - $280,000

Ā 

thank

you :thumbsupsmiley:

Yup the rollie is still with me. Black face. My wife uses the Hampton and I'm suggesting her to use the speedmaster chrono as well kasi it's silver face, very elegant. Kaya lang ayaw. Nabibigatan :D

Ā 

The Philip Stein bracelet is available at Lucerne.

Ā 

I'll try to buy back the Breitling Colt. Nagmahal na siya ngayon. Mga 80k na.

Ā 

selling it? tho i want i white faced one. actually it's easy to change the face as long as it's available. yung sakin kasi is an explorer 1, which incidentally my wife wears quite often. was suggesting she wear my solid gold yacht master, same case with your wife, bigat daw. :lol:

Ā 

gave her 3 rollie's acctually, an all steal with jubillee bracelet, a 2 toned jubillee bracelet with diamonds and a solid gold president bracelet with diamonds....ayun sa awa ng dios di ginagamit....nakatago sa vault. :( :angry: :wacko:

I prefer brands like Rolex, Tudor, Oris, Rado, Bulova, Maurice Lacroix, Tag Heuer, Omega, IWC. They have been in the business of watchmaking for so long that quality is no longer an issue.

Ā 

The only jewelry or accessory that a man can wear daily is a watch so I would rather have one expensive but classic watch than an assortment of fad of the moment watch.

Do you have the time? If not, why won't you wear one? Tell us.

Ā 

Yep, I actually own 15 watches. Most of them are given to me every Christmas Day. I wear to work a different watch everyday. I have watches with brands like Guess, G-Shock, Nine West, Liz Claiborne, Fossil, Anne Klein, Gucci, Armitron and Swatch. If I had money to spare, I would've bought brands like Movado, Coach and some other high-end stuff.

Ā 

But then again, I think I would just save my money. I could always count on having a new watch come Christmas time. I don't know why my relatives always give me one but I'm happy. Ahihihi. :D

so basically kahit walang papers, as long as its authentic, ok lang bumili?

if you send your watch to rolex center for repairs and it is registered as stolen, they will confiscate and return to registered owner. if no papers better to check authenticity first. you can always meet with seller at rolex center. as a general rule, if seller shows even the slightest resistance, drop him off like a hot potato.

SAYANG VAULT LANG NAGSUSUOT NG ROLEX

Ā 

sabi ko nga sa kanya that a lot of women would be happy already just having 1 rolex watch and they would wear it everyday....hers is inside the vault. she actually has around 6 rollies, 3 from me and the 3 others are from her mom and lola (antiques na ng yung 2)....ahhhh women, they are so complex even up to wearing their watches....go figure.... :blink: :wacko:

Edited by mild seven