• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Gilas needs a different dimension playing in international games I think we ought to get a coach outside of PBA someone with experience in international games close to my mind is TabBaldwin . Yeng Style of coaching is just for PBA style I respect him but not happy with it.We should also incorporate a lot of training in Shooting especially the three point area even out big men should learn that I noticed all euro teams are excellent in threes parang sure Ball lagi. Ball movement and also less one on one plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Technically speaking, Japan has two players in the NBA. Yuta Watanabe of the Grizzlies (two-way contract) and Rui Hachimura of the Wizards. Japan is not our whipping boy anymore so in the next FIBA-Asia, they should be meticulously planned against.

Even if the USA made minced meat of Japan in their game last night, Japan has to be respected in the Asian region.

On another note, I just noticed that the Serbian players have no ego. The Joker, who is the best center in the NBA, does not complain even if he does not start. I bet if Lechoke James did not start for Team USA, he'd have the coach's head. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Gilas needs a different dimension playing in international games I think we ought to get a coach outside of PBA someone with experience in international games close to my mind is TabBaldwin . Yeng Style of coaching is just for PBA style I respect him but not happy with it.We should also incorporate a lot of training in Shooting especially the three point area even out big men should learn that I noticed all euro teams are excellent in threes parang sure Ball lagi. Ball movement and also less one on one plays.

Coach Tab is perfect for the international game. The problem is the PBA is against Tab coaching. So if we want a sustainable and reliable program, it has to be either we go with Tab and amateur players (think Kai Sotto and collegiate players) with no PBA links. This way they can control schedule of practices and tune up games without having to bend over backwards with the PBA's sched. Easier said than done though.

Coach Tab is perfect for the international game. The problem is the PBA is against Tab coaching. So if we want a sustainable and reliable program, it has to be either we go with Tab and amateur players (think Kai Sotto and collegiate players) with no PBA links. This way they can control schedule of practices and tune up games without having to bend over backwards with the PBA's sched. Easier said than done though.

Its a long shot but to be more competitive man lang sana,let us make it simple goal. Try muna natin talunin ang China ,Korea and Iran ,I mean Asia muna.. international brand of play more of european sana.. sana local coaches natin mabuksan na mata nila sa ganun di puro larong NBa

This FIBA-Worlds has been an utter disappointment for Gilas. This team does not have the heart and competitive ferocity of the 2014 team. Another slow start killed Gilas. It happened against Italy and it happened tonight against Tunisia. The SBP should consider Tab Baldwin. Yeng and Chot are just not cut out to coach in the international arena.

If Tab should coach Gilas again, he should take out the dead wood, namely, Norwood and Aguilar because Norwood and Aguilar don't have the fearlessness to take it to the basket. They are offensive liabilities. This is conjecture but if Norwood and Aguilar can drive fearlessly to the basket, both would be in the NBA although both of them will probably ride the bench. They're done. Another player that has to be taken out is Ravena. He's too small and is not quick enough to get by the players guarding him.

We can learn from this. Polska has not reached the FIBA-Worlds in 52 years but now that they are here, they beat a favored Russian squad to advance to the quarterfinals of this tournament. They are in now in the Elite Eight of this tournament.

I truly believe we can duplicate this but we need to have a coaching change. The coach is the key because he will choose the personnel who he believes can fit in his system. The coach is Thomas Anthony Baldwin. As for the players, I leave it up to this brilliant tactician to choose the personnel.

Japeth Aguilar is a freakish athlete by Philippine standards. He also has the height to go with his athleticism. He is not in the NBA because of one reason and one reason only: a low basketball IQ. I hope the next generation of giants like Sotto and Edu have a high basketball IQ.

japeth is just that chief...athletic big man but lacking in basketball IQ. kai, aj, and the rest of the young guns, leave it to coach tab to handle them, i'm sure he knows what to do. but that's for sbp to decide. at this point we can only hope.

We cannot simply put up an all pro team tonight and send them to compete tomorrow... the ncc program under danding and gilas 1 were good formulas... we should build these 2 programs...this iteration of gilas went back to the time that we still think that an all pro team will work... it won't...

japeth is just that chief...athletic big man but lacking in basketball IQ. kai, aj, and the rest of the young guns, leave it to coach tab to handle them, i'm sure he knows what to do. but that's for sbp to decide. at this point we can only hope.

Yes, chief. I guess I am not the only one who noticed Japeth's low basketball IQ. I hope the next generation has that. If they do, we'll be pretty hard to beat in international competitions, especially, if Kai and AJ become post and three-point threats and pass well.

In other news, the Celtics, I mean the USA beat Ante and Greece by 16 points as Marcus Smart and Team USA held down the purported best player in the tournament to only 15 points. The Greek coach benched the best player in the tournament in the 4th quarter. He probably got scared at the physicality that Team USA was putting on the best player of the tournament. Marcus Smart was all over Ante. I am pretty sure Brad got some pointers from Pop on how to defend Ante but then again, Brad may have taught Pop on how to use Smart to defend Ante. To add fuel to the fire, Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown had some words with the Antetekounmpo brothers after the game and this would add flavor if the Bucks and the Celtics meet in the playoffs.

Edited by will robie