Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

The Italian National Basketball Team name in their mother tongue sir. Kung baga sa atin Gilas Pilipinas ang tawag sa kanila naman yan.

I see. There are three current or former NBA players playing for Italia namely, Danilo Gallinari of OKC, Mario Belinelli of San Antonio and Luigi Datome, formerly Boston. Against this team and Serbia, Gilas will have to play on an otherworldly level just like what they did against Croatia, Argentina and Puerto Rico in the 2014 Worlds. I still remember that painful loss against Croatia. I really thought we had a chance at beating one of Europe's best teams.

Belinelli is not a good defender by any stretch of the imagination so unless they play zone, Yeng should instruct whoever Belinelli is guarding to attack the basket.

Edited by will robie

Angola po kalaban hindi Congo, sabagay panaginip lang naman yan e.. Hihihi

Copy Sir. Angola po pala..thanks.

I see. There are three current or former NBA players playing for Italia namely, Danilo Gallinari of OKC, Mario Belinelli of San Antonio and Luigi Datome, formerly Boston. Against this team and Serbia, Gilas will have to play on an otherworldly level just like what they did against Croatia, Argentina and Puerto Rico in the 2014 Worlds. I still remember that painful loss against Croatia. I really thought we had a chance at beating one of Europe's best teams.

Belinelli is not a good defender by any stretch of the imagination so unless they play zone, Yeng should instruct whoever Belinelli is guarding to attack the basket.

I agree on his flawed defense, however CYG should instruct to guard Marco B and shadow him all the way...hinde oobra yung half cook defense malupit shooting ni Belinelli;baka kainin tayo ng buhay pag nilagnat siya.

I think key will be how well team pilipinas would be able to play the long ball...

Or at the very least play D till thy kingdom come...We have to keep it close like that infamous game versus Croatia back in 2014.

I agree on his flawed defense, however CYG should instruct to guard Marco B and shadow him all the way...hinde oobra yung half cook defense malupit shooting ni Belinelli;baka kainin tayo ng buhay pag nilagnat siya.

Yes, Yeng probably knows about this already. The thing is if Gilas attacks Belinelli's defense, Belinelli's offensive game may stagnate due to the energy he spends on defense.

I am ashamed at how Gilas played. No focus and no effort. It seemed as if they came to China on a junket instead of bringing honor to flag and country. Their passes were f#&king lazy and easily anticipated by the Italians. Yeng kept Barroca in the gane when it was apparent Dan Hackett was having his way with him.

Edited by will robie

I am ashamed at how Gilas played. No focus and no effort. It seemed as if they came to China on a junket instead of bringing honor to flag and country. Their passes were f#&king lazy and easily anticipated by the Italians. Yeng kept Barroca in the gane when it was apparent Dan Hackett was having his way with him.

just to add chief, andray to me was a disappointment. totally different from his 2 previous games in the qualifiers. sloppy and timid. yes i agree...no focus nor effort. i don't know the number of rebounds the italians had but i'm pretty sure it was glaring. gilas should've been the quicker team but said quickness was nowhere tonight. the italians were quicker to the looseballs. just confused...yeng called timeout when the italians were leading by 18-20? why did he not call it earlier? cj perez was a revelation, though.