Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Tayo lang ang representative ng asia na nde natambakan.....but still a loss is still a loss...

Manalo tayo bukas sa new zealand....and show them what we're made of!!!!

yes chief...giving france a big scare means we can compete against the best in the world. tingin ko kulang pa sa experience and chemistry as shown by the TOs committed last night.

Tony Parker: We had to dig deep to beat the Philippines

http://cnnphilippines.com/sports/2016/07/06/tony-parker-fiba-olympic-qualifying-tournament-dig-deep-to-beat-the-philippines.html

“I want to congratulate the Philippines. They had a great game, they were on fire in the first half,” said Parker. “You have to give a lot of credit to them, you can be proud about the team. They played a great game.”

“They made it tough on us, and we had to dig deep to get the W,” Parker added.

Parker finished the game with 21 points and six assists, and was marked all throughout by Filipino guards Jayson Castro and Terrence Romeo.

“They were pretty good, they were very aggressive,” said Parker on his counterparts. “They were very aggressive going to the basket and creating shots for their teammates.”

Edited by daphne loves derby

Na-check si Andray sa 2nd half, dapat may adjustment/s to address this or he can be a decoy. Na-excite din sila sa crowd kanya nag one-on-one (ala nba/pba) hehe!

Nonetheless, 'twas a great showing by Gilas which was even acknowledged by the great Tony Parker. Ingat lang sila mamya sa New Zealand. Gilas has this tendency to be complacent after a great game...

watched some parts of the game with France. the one player that caught my eye was that Romeo kid. i would say he is fearless, he doesn't hesitate when he shoots the ball. Even when one of France's bigs switch out on him he tries to take em one on one. I think he should continue to do that, although i would like for him to use his speed and get by the big and attack the basket because he could get a step on the big guys instead of just crossing over and shooting it.

Most NBA players i've seen especially the guards they try to attack the basket by taking the bigs off the dribble.

It becomes a favorable matchup to the small guy when a big switches out on you. He should continue to to mix up his decisions when it happens. The other players from the team didn't really see much.

Tayo lang ang representative ng asia na nde natambakan.....but still a loss is still a loss...

Manalo tayo bukas sa new zealand....and show them what we're made of!!!!

Sabi nga ni Kobe wether you lose by 30 pts or 1 pt it does not matter a loss is still a loss. It is what it is. NZ is a no pushover team. Dapat wag maging over confident.

watched some parts of the game with France. the one player that caught my eye was that Romeo kid. i would say he is fearless, he doesn't hesitate when he shoots the ball. Even when one of France's bigs switch out on him he tries to take em one on one. I think he should continue to do that, although i would like for him to use his speed and get by the big and attack the basket because he could get a step on the big guys instead of just crossing over and shooting it.

Most NBA players i've seen especially the guards they try to attack the basket by taking the bigs off the dribble.

It becomes a favorable matchup to the small guy when a big switches out on you. He should continue to to mix up his decisions when it happens. The other players from the team didn't really see much.

He just dribbles to much. In one play the ball was stolen from him because of over dribbling.

Sabi nga ni Kobe wether you lose by 30 pts or 1 pt it does not matter a loss is still a loss. It is what it is. NZ is a no pushover team. Dapat wag maging over confident.

He just dribbles to much. In one play the ball was stolen from him because of over dribbling.

but he seems like the only player who wasn't nervous facing France. his mindset to me was he didn't give a shi.t if there were NBA players playing for France. he seemed like the guy who was i'll show you what i got and you will respect my game. that should be what the other players on the team should be.

i don't know if you saw that one play where they swung the ball 3 times because they were playing hot potato. they had 2 or 3 players that were open when they passed the ball but no one wanted to shoot it. i was like dude you're open, shoot that shi.t but it was like a hot potato and no one wanted the ball.

Romeo can go crazy at times and it gets him in trouble for doing too much. That's what i noticed but i like the aggresiveness and he showed no fear. I saw some fear on the eyes of some of the players on that Philippine team. Especially with the careless passing or sometimes over passing.

Talo mahirap tlga d2 sa OQT mas malakas kalaban, sayang ung sa fiba asia last year kaya sana makapasok ng olympics kung naglaro c fajardo. Ganon tlga better luck next time

tama.mas malaki ang tsansa talaga pag asia lang. pati iran at JP struggling sa OQT.

a big letdown from last night's game. hindi talaga uubra yung short training program...you don't go to war with only 3 weeks of training. dapat may continuity. now is it time to pass on the duty of representing the philippines in international basketball to the "gilas cadets"?