Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Up for this.. Saka marami ding na-scout na players si chot na fil ams..alapag, williams, norwood to name a few...saka nakabalik tayo sa world stage because of MVP and Chot na din..

we should also give credit kay chot for his services for the country, maybe this is just the time na sumubok ng bago. Malamang pag di na naman nakamit yung expectations ng pinoy yari si coach yeng (well ganun naman lagi nangyayari si coach lagi problema lol). Edited by dani.solieja
  • Like (+1) 1

we should also give credit kay chot for his services for the country, maybe this is just the time na sumubok ng bago. Malamang pag di na naman nakamit yung expectations ng pinoy yari si coach yeng (well ganun naman lagi nangyayari si coach lagi problema lol).

good Vibes na.. level up tayu...

Im pretty sure in the next 5years may mga bago coaches din mag emerge... hihihi.. mike jarin at josh reyes and inaabangan ko... hehehe

Mukhang alanganin pa yata si Greg. Hindi pa din ok yung injury nya. Kung hindi talaga pwede huwag na ipilit baka lumala pa. Ang importante matalo natin twice ang Qatar at Kazakstan (home and away) then kahit 1-1 lang sa iran ok na, Solid na tayo sa 3rd spot sa group natin.

correct. we have 6 games in all. the qatar and kazahkstan games are must wins. by that time, we'll be having japeth and wright back.

• Like (+1) 1

Below is a list of the best national coaches I've seen in order of ranking:

1. Ron Jacobs-simply the best. 1985 FIBA, 1982 Asian Youth. He was a coaching wunderkind who knew what to do in certain situations and employed the best possible counter to an opponent's playbook.

2. Sonny Jaworski- two weeks of preparation and a silver medal in the 1990 Asiad. I don't know if any coach can pull that trick.

3. Tab Baldwin- he was the guiding light in the 2015 FIBA-Asia silver medal finish with a relatively inferior team which makes you think what he could have done with a much better team.

4. Joe Lipa- this guy took us to the bronze medal in the 1986 Asian Games using an all-amateur team and a 4th place finish in the 1987 FIBA-Asia using also an all-amateur line-up. One of the best coaches I have seen.

5. Tim Cone- he tried to bring the Centennial team to the gold but he only got a bronze but I blame it on preparation. China only beat us by 9 points in the 1998 Asiad. If Tim became the full time coach, we will perennially be top 3 in the FIBA-Asia.

6. Rajko Toroman- he didn't have the PBA players but I think he takes us to the gold in the 2011 FIBA-Asia if he had what Chot has.

7. Yeng Guiao-if he had better preparation, I believe he takes us to the medal round in the 2009 FIBA-Asia.

8. Jong Uichico- he would have won a silver in the 2002 Busan Asiad but Olsen happened.

9. Chot Reyes- as much as I don't wanna put this guy here, I should give him credit where credit is due. He guided us to the 2013 FIBA-Asia silver although I believe the other 8 coaches I mentioned would have taken us to the gold in the same tournament with the same preparation and same players.

I posted my post about Yeng Guiao being the 7th best national coach I have seen two months back. I was correct after all. Had he had better preparation, we would have been Asiad champs and Yeng believes we can be. I concur. In my opinion, the players from the SMC group are enough to win the FIBA-Asia:

Slaughter, Fajardo, Standhardinger, Aguilar, Sangalang, Chan, Lee, Pingris, Tenorio, Thompson, Lassiter, Cabagnot.

Edited by will robie

for those asking:

- slaughter still not 100%

- standhardinger & pringle are considered naturalized players (only 1 of them can be included in the lineup at a time)

- aguilar & wright suspended 1 game (which is the iran game)

- lineup can be changed for sept 17 game vs qatar (home game closed door but with TV coverage)

Next window last week nov to 1st week december. Both games ng Gilas at home vs Kaz and Iran

- JMF and Greg can play together during that nov. window AT HOME

Edited by daphne loves derby

ang agang pang gugulang nito ah!

Coach Yeng watches as Iran workers put decals on the court to cut the Philippine teams practice time in Tehran-so what else is new? Philippines faces Iran at 8pm tonight to be shown on @Sports5PH

Dm9J-l4U0AA_LMA.jpg

alam kasi ng iran na may tulog sila kaya kahit pa-simpleng taktika gagawin. iran will do anything and everything to win. ang pinagdadasal ko lang ay patas sana yung tawagan mamaya di gaya nung naglaro tayo sa china...mga kusinero ang referee. na over cook nga tayo noon.