Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Actually, three (3) PBA MVPs contribute to the win:

1. Jimmy Alapag delivered a game to remember as he closed his chapter in the national team

2. June Mar Fajardo ushered in a new era in Philippine basketball with his breakthrough performance in the international arena. ; and

3. Willie Miller provided the lucky charm on the TV 5 local panel (LOL)

Edited by artedpro

I think Chot will make RDO and Ping staples until they decide to hang up their gloves in international competitions. As for Japeth, he really needs to learn to bang against opposing bigs because, at his height, he is expected to. My take is Chot will replace Japeth with the other tower of Ginebra after the Asian Games.

how about adding sangalang to the training pool? this is another big guy who can shoot and bang bodies. and how about including belga in the lineup this time? sigurado makikipagbanggan ito.

Edited by junix

I think Jimmy can retire so that we can ushering in a new batch of players.

I would like to see yung leading scorer natin sa under 17 to start playing with the men's team, forgot his name but they are saying he is better than Ravena. Gusto ko din makita yung anak ni Paras... patibayin lang nga ng todo.... dinadaga pa ata.

1409901905[/url]' post='9403205']

how about adding sangalang to the training pool? this is another big guy who can shoot and bang bodies. and how about including belga in the lineup this time? sigurado makikipagbanggan ito.

While sanggalang would be a nice addition...but i dont see replacing aguilar for sangalang is better...we would have a smaller lineup if that happens...better if sanggalang replaces RDO...that is if ever he extends his shooting touch to the 3 points area...someone mentioned stanly pringle...saw him play in the ABL...a bigger version of jimmy castro...but there is something about him that doesnt fit with us pinoys...esp when he asked for that stagering rookie salary...if there is someone who i would want to be in the gilas team is jason deutchmann...since he is getting benched in his PBA stints..some of the players in the PBA are getting old...much better if we get younger players for them to experience international competition...so that therer would be sense of "continuancy"....alasLanetecasio lassitermat rosser,sangalang, baroca, kobe paras, ravena teng AVO, and ray ray parks.......and hopefully the Fil nigerian that burgito posted hehehe...

Congrats Gilas! Sana hindi natin kailanganing maghintay ulit ng 40 years para makakuha ng susunod na panalo natin.

Congrats na rin to MVP and cohorts.

I heard MVP wants to bid for the 2019 FIBA World Cup. I'm sure a lot of poeple will be going to support this.

Nakita na natin nagagawa ng #PUSO. Next time naman try natin dagdagan pa ng #UTAK saka #SHOOT. Try to add Cone to the coaching Staff. Ngayon pa lang paghandaan na ang susunod na mga laban. I'd like to see us destroy the five positions in basketball - every man should be a rifleman, able to shoot at any spot on the court whether big man or small man. At hanap pa ng isa o dalawa pang 7-footer talent. Sa isandaang milyong Pilipino, siguro naman meron dyang ilang statistical anomaly sa height.

Congrats ulit!

While sanggalang would be a nice addition...but i dont see replacing aguilar for sangalang is better...we would have a smaller lineup if that happens...better if sanggalang replaces RDO...that is if ever he extends his shooting touch to the 3 points area...someone mentioned stanly pringle...saw him play in the ABL...a bigger version of jimmy castro...but there is something about him that doesnt fit with us pinoys...esp when he asked for that stagering rookie salary...if there is someone who i would want to be in the gilas team is jason deutchmann...since he is getting benched in his PBA stints..some of the players in the PBA are getting old...much better if we get younger players for them to experience international competition...so that therer would be sense of "continuancy"....alasLanetecasio lassitermat rosser,sangalang, baroca, kobe paras, ravena teng AVO, and ray ray parks.......and hopefully the Fil nigerian that burgito posted hehehe...

chief what i meant was adding sanggalang to the gilas frontline composed of andray, junemar, japeth, greg, ping and rdo. wouldn't that make gilas a little taller? gabe and jared still have a few more years and so do LA and castro. i think what we need are shooters in the mold of caidic.

Again congrats to our gilas team. Till the next fiba world. But before that the Asian Games. Incheon here we come!!!

1409946183[/url]' post='9404051']

Sana makalaro si Blatche sa Asian Games kung hindi man sana pumayag ang organizers na ipalit si Marcus. Mahihirapan kasi tayo kung parehong wala sa lineup yung dalawang iyan. Pagkatapos ng journey ng Gilas sa Fiba World nawala ang takot ko sa China ngyon :) excited ako makaharap sila ng Gilas..

China? Say goodbye to china....we just went toe to toe with croatia, greece argentina and puerto rico....and won over senegal....unless yao ming will come out of retirement i dont see china beating us...chinese-taipei might be more troublesome...well the bad news that came with our unbelievable stint in FIBA World...now we have a high expectation from them to win the championship in incheon....if ever it will be another milestone by the Gilas boys...:)

2013- back to the FIBA World2014 - first win FIBA world2014- first gold in Asian games basketball, first gold in Asian games :)

1409982921[/url]' post='9404597']

It seems as if Korea is scared of Blatche. Even Baumann said Blatche is eligible. If basketball is the only gold we'll get in the Asian Games, it will be worth a hundred golds. Laban Pilipinas!

Nakagold na ba tayo sa Asian games? I mean other than basketball....sa basketbal correct me if im wrong...pinakamataas na yun silver sa jaworski led phil team di ba? Tapos bronze by tim cone....so if ever this will be our first gold....

i'm just confused...if fiba, the governing body which determines the eligibility and/or qualification of a player, says ok for an athlete to play, can the incheon organizers disregard what the fiba says? i believe that the decision of fiba on this matter should prevail.

the way i see it, korea is determined to question andray's eligibility until the end if only to remove the philippines as a stumbling block in korea's quest for the gold especially on their homecourt.

Nakagold na ba tayo sa Asian games? I mean other than basketball....sa basketbal correct me if im wrong...pinakamataas na yun silver sa jaworski led phil team di ba? Tapos bronze by tim cone....so if ever this will be our first gold....

so far the philippines has won 4 basketball golds in the asian games but we haven't won the gold since 1964. so it's been 50 long years now. but with the way gilas played in the fiba world holding its own against the best in the world, the gold in incheon should be within reach.

FIBA has no control over the Asian games committee decision. The funny this is the ASIAN games will use the the FIBA basketball rules and even the FIBA official refs.

Also just read even the naturalized player of Chinese Taipei Quincy Davies is also not allowed and questioned his eligibility. Hmm seems like home cooking to me!!

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/home-cooking-chinese-taipei-fans-outraged-after-naturalized-star-also-barred-from-asian-games

i don't really understand this chief. at least insofar as the eligibility status of a player is concerned, asian games organizers should respect the fiba decision. by giving the incheon organizers discretion over matters on eligibility and/or qualifications which is within the domain of fiba, this would create an impression on participating nations that korea is indeed manipulating the games to suit its interest. in fact, i can already smell korea's sinister attempt to rig the basketball competition when even davies' eligibility is being questioned. hhmmmmmm...is it gold or nothing for korea? 😡

Edited by junix

The FIBA may not have control over the Asian Games committee decision but FIBA is looking forward to hearing from the same committee on their basis for excluding Blatche. I think FIBA wants the committee to have a plausible explanation, otherwise, FIBA may do other things in order to rectify that such as a suspension of the Korean basketball team from future FIBA tournaments.

this is a welcome development. i'm just puzzled because if incheon organizers insists that they have the discretion to determine the qualifications of an athlete, a basketball player in particular, then this would make the FIBA, the SOLE BODY which determines the eligibility of a basketball player completely inutile and/or useless.

We have local big men, just train them, let them get experience from blatche , fajardo is improving and so as everyone

adjust the roster, and play what these koreans wants us to play, then beat them. We have tons of players whom they have not

seen play yet. If keifer is available pwede din, or rayray parks, good that douthit can play.

these 4 young players will be the future of philippine basketball...they can join the cadet team first then probably let them play in the sea games and other international tourneys. give them a few more years i'm sure mapapakinabangan yang mga yan. for now, let's train our sights with players like slaughter and sanggalang (to add some height), (banchero and pringle?) being added to the gilas team. i'm not quite sure about the last two, though...we still have to see them play.

just my prediction for 2018 Gilas Pilipinas

Blatche

Slaughter

Fajardo

Aguilar

Sangalang

de Ocampo

Pingris

Lee

Norwood

Ravena

Castro

Tenorio - captain ball

chot reyes - coach

this will be a mean team especially the frontline...though it'd be better if we add some firepower from the outside. aside from lee, de ocampo and maybe castro, i don't see anybody who could shoot the 3 on a consistent basis in the mold of a jimmy alapag.

just my prediction for 2018 Gilas Pilipinas

Blatche

Slaughter

Fajardo

Aguilar

Sangalang

de Ocampo

Pingris

Lee

Norwood

Ravena

Castro

Tenorio - captain ball

chot reyes - coach

I doubt tenorio's decision on defense, there have been numerous instances where he was too physical that a FIBA referee can call it as unsportsmanlike foul.

Paras would be better playing on 3 and 4 position, he wants those KD moves rather than a post up player. Parks can fit in for tenorio.