Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I imagine playing the kiwis...is like playing with ginebra of old....solid bangers..imagine a team of almazans with the heft and grittiness of belga....not a walk in the park...but very beatable...

France? ...its like goin up against spain or team USA...dapat present sina thomas,jude,joseph and ruiz....lol

On a positive note, we avoided Serbia and Croatia. We all know naman na only the champion for each qualifying site will go to the Olympics proper. So we 'only' have to contend with France...may tsamba tayo niyan. Remember, we're the host (the best fans in the world) and Coach Tab (a way better coach than Chot)

There's no guarantee Jordan Clarkson will be allowed to play in July. He's going to be a free agent and he needs to get a contract first before suiting up for Gilas. On paper, we have no chance of winning. Just look at the powerhouse lineups of those French and Canadian teams laden with NBA players.

I don't like our chances but I'll be cheering anyway ^_^

What I know is France beat us only by 7 points in a tournament leading up to the Worlds. That is a good indication. You get too overwhelmed by the plethora of NBA players on each team. Take a look at how they play first before saying something like we have no chance of winning. Venezuela did not have any NBA players yet they beat the Canadians, who had nine NBA players, in the finals of the FIBA Americas. Learn to analyze how each team plays before making a defeatist statement like we have no chance of winning. If, indeed, we have no chance of winning, what happened to the Greeks who were given no chance of winning in the 2006 Worlds against the Lebitch James-led US team? What happened to the heavily-favored French team in the 2014 FIBA World semis against Serbia, which had no NBA players when they met?

exactly chief. it's really sad if we don't even give gilas 4.0 a fighting chance...ika nga eh, bilog ang bola. france may be heavily favored over the philippines being ranked no. 5 (?) in the world, but to say and give our country no chance at all at winning over france is something unacceptable. just my point.

Every true blooded pinoy knows his basketball...and we know...alang teams na unbeatable lalo na paghomecourt advantage ang paguusapan...maybe he is just stating the obvious...dont get me wrong....i too doesnt like the defeatist attitude...but maybe mali lang pagkasabi nya...

Back to france...they sure look invincible...but there must be a reason na nakasama sila sa olympics qualifier imbes na outright pasok sila...so may chance tayo ....

Actually may chance talaga tayo...especially dito gaganapin...so lets give our all out support to gilas this time...

Only time will tell. July is a long time from now. Anything can happen. I just hope we can finally get Fajardo in the lineup so we can see what he's made of. Going up against the likes of Rudy Gobert or Ronny Turiaf should be good for him. Experience lang kahit na madominate siya. Feeling ko he's too slow to match up with guys like Gobert. Ang laki tapos ang athletic

France lost to Spain in the recent FIBA Europe in the semis. It was sweet revenge for Gasol and Spain because it was France that eliminated them in the Worlds in their homecourt. I think only the gold and silver medalists in FIBA Europe can advance to the Olympics

Wow olympic comittee is strict sa mga participants...dapat madami magqualify sana...since global na talaga ang basketball...

Back to france...since first game tayo...may chance na makaisa tayo...gulpe de gulat agad dapat...btw is joakim noah playing?

Cmon guys..,we all saw junemars game last Worlds...kumbaga this is where he stamps his class nlang...and no..gobert and turiaf are not athletic bigs...ang athletic bigs tulad nina blake griffin, deandre jordan and anthony davis...so i dont think mahihirapan si fajardo and greg sa mga bigs except sa turkiye kasi may shooting sila sa labas...maybe si blatche ang babantay sa kanila...

Maybe if we win against france...tuloy tuloy na tayo...:)

In the last Worlds and FIBA Europe, Noah didn't play. He might not play in the qualifiers. Ronny Turiaf is, I think, retired from international competition, if not retired from playing in general. FIBA follows a format for the Olympics. It is unfair that Asia only has one automatic slot which is given to the champion of FIBA Asia. Rudy Gobert is an athletic big. Omer Asik does not have range. He is known for his rebounding and post defense. Ilyasova is an outside threat. Enes Kanter is a post threat, has range and can put the ball on the floor. Kanter is the best among the three I mentioned, at least in my opinion. Sarcasm noted. Hahaha! :lol:

I still say gobert is not athletic...sure he can jump a bit higher than the other bigs...but by no means is he athletic...just like fajardo...he is faster and more mobile than others..but is he athletic? ..nah...id rather say they have more motor than other bigs....

Yeah...id agree of all the bigs that junemar and greg will be facing...kanter is the most skilled among all of them...mukhang nde naman tayo madedehado sa loob...with greg blatche fajardo and aguilar..our frontcourt doesnt look bad at all agree? :) much much better than the frontline of jawos asiad team of paras,patrimonio, codinera and realubit...

Edited by azraelmd

Sana yung mag referee sa Alaska vs Sanmiguel ang referee sa qualifiers dito. Mataas ang tyansa natin. :)

#whogoat

hahaha 30 FTs agad ang gilas, yung kalaban 5 lang. honestly, i think we have a good chance of advancing to the 2nd round. beating NZ is highly possible. if we manage to be no. 2 in the 1st round, that would mean playing the no. 1 team in the other group (crossover)...which in all probability will be canada.

As per Coach Tab, he's putting premium on cohesion and chemistry, in the light of uncertainties on some of the players' availability. He'd rather that the regular players have been practicing the system than excellent (Jordan, in particular) player coming in at a penultimate stage.

Of course, it would be better if Jordan and Parks (the players high in his wish list)could join the team in their early preparation.

hahaha 30 FTs agad ang gilas, yung kalaban 5 lang. honestly, i think we have a good chance of advancing to the 2nd round. beating NZ is highly possible. if we manage to be no. 2 in the 1st round, that would mean playing the no. 1 team in the other group (crossover)...which in all probability will be canada.

Si referee aquino na daw ang bahala hahaha

Si referee aquino na daw ang bahala hahaha

ah dito ko naman papalakpakan si aquino...parang fiba asia lang sa china hahaha

on another note, i hope we can assemble the best team and establish chemistry even within a short period. can we just imagine a well-oiled philippine team composed of blatche, clarkson, rayray parks plus 9 of the best the pba can offer?