Reserves:

C-Slaughter

PF-Pingris

PG-Romeo

SF/SG-Abueva

SG/SF-Norwood

SG-Lassiter

PF-Aguilar

gilas pilipinas' dream team. and if this team can somehow grab one of the 3 wild cards - to china, "we're gonna kick your ass...it will be payback in rio".

Excited about this development from our National team

pero sayang talaga.. kung ganto lang ginawa nila sa FibaAsia..sarap sana paiyakin ang Chinese sa sarili nilang lugar..I just imagine the gravity of experience that would be.. anyway... SALAMAT na rin PBA... mukhang natakot ata sa #boycott eh.. kaya nag emergency meeting kahapon kasi wala pa sa kalahati ang sales ng ticket sa opening ng season..hehe

PBA agrees to adjust its calendar for the 41st Season to accommodate the participation of PBA players in the qualifying tournament.

PBA to adjust its 3rd Conference which shall start after the end of the qualifying tournament on July 10, 2016.

PBA shall allow selected players to attend practice sessions once a week, specifically every Monday for 28 weeks starting November 2015.

SBP shall name a final line-up of 12 players to include the naturalized player by the end of January 2016.

Too late. 'Yan ang nakakalungkot na katotohanan. Pero salamat na din. Kailangan din talaga ng SBP ang mga ganyang desisyon. Move on na tayo. Let's support the national team! Go Gilas!

Magic 12 ko:

PG: Castro

SG: Clarkson

SF: RDO

PF: Blatche

C: June Mar

PG: Paul Lee

SG: Gabe Norwood

SF: Abueva

PF: Japeth

C: Slaughter

SG: Lassiter

SG: Chan

I like this list but I'd go with Romeo over Jeff Chan and Ping over Japeth. Feel ko overrated na si Japeth and I'm a Ginebra fan.

actually I'm looking for a banging body in SG with a great slashing ability other than J. Castro.. I would love to see Ray Parks or C. Lutz.. they can spread the floor. pop up and drop passes which are now lacking in our team. after J. Castro.. everyone is just waiting for a perimeter shot.

• Like (+1) 1

Up to now eh may nag eexpect pa na puputok pa si japeth...wala na...ito na yun. I prefer arwind over him

I agree with your observation about Japeth.

But Arwind? Feeling ko kasi hindi siya bagay sa international tourneys eh. He's too small to play in the low post, he's too slow and he's not a deadly shooter to play on the wings. He's also not as young and agile as a Calvin Abueva anymore.

actually I'm looking for a banging body in SG with a great slashing ability other than J. Castro.. I would love to see Ray Parks or C. Lutz.. they can spread the floor. pop up and drop passes which are now lacking in our team. after J. Castro.. everyone is just waiting for a perimeter shot.

agree on this observation. imo, lutz or rayray would be a better fit than chan. both can be depended on defense and offense.

I like this list but I'd go with Romeo over Jeff Chan and Ping over Japeth. Feel ko overrated na si Japeth and I'm a Ginebra fan.

Gusto ko din si Romeo paps, kaso kelangan natin ng catch and shoot-type na guard.

I know Terrence's time will come, pero at the moment Jeff has been to the world level so I prefer Jeff's catch and shoot strenth.

With Japeth though, ayoko din sa kanya, hindi maka deliver, laging supot ang laro despite his tremendous potential.

Pero kailangan natin yung skillset nya, athletecism, motor for his size sa world stage.

How about Almazan taking the spot of Aguilar?

Whaddaya think??!?

Mas ok sya ipalit kay Ian, in my opinion. Matagal bola kay Ian eh, sa international di ubra post up nya.

Meanwhile Almazan, pcik and pop/roll, and being a Yeng guiao's player. Defense is a natural skill along with his hustle.

Ping over japhet? Unless ping suddenly became a 6-8 player....

Almazan? Pass ako dito...

Ian? Too slow...

Arwind? Nope...undersized as power forward, not athletic enough for SF...and his 3 point shoiting si erratic for SG...

Sadly yun mga ibang star players ng PBA natin nde bagay sa international games...e.g yap,david, santos,LA,and id even include paul lee...

Gusto ko din si Romeo paps, kaso kelangan natin ng catch and shoot-type na guard.

I know Terrence's time will come, pero at the moment Jeff has been to the world level so I prefer Jeff's catch and shoot strenth.

With Japeth though, ayoko din sa kanya, hindi maka deliver, laging supot ang laro despite his tremendous potential.

Pero kailangan natin yung skillset nya, athletecism, motor for his size sa world stage.

Agree...

Sa international games...yun frontcourt natin dapat malalaki at mabibilis...youve seen how our undersized frontcourt fared against china and iran...sa asia palang yan...iba na pag pang world...or olympics...

And unless makakahanap tayo ng matangkad at kasing athletic ni japhet...he should be included sa gilas..besides sabihin lang sa kanya..magrebound and magdefend and hit the occasional mid range ok na...

You might want to include another bigs...with the recent injury kay RDO...manipis na naman frontcourt natin...