Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Ang magandang gawin ng SBP is kausapin ang team owners para magkaroon ng support ang Gilas from Team owners kse kung ang kakausapin lng nila eh yng mga Governors ng bawat team eh mukhang malabo na mapapayag mo sila kse d naman sila ang nagbabayad ng sahod ng mga players kaya the best way dyan is kausapin ang team owners...

kelangan lang talaga magkasundo sina MVP and RSA para mai commit nila yung mga malalakas na players sa OQT.

kelangan lang talaga magkasundo sina MVP and RSA para mai commit nila yung mga malalakas na players sa OQT.

sinabi mo pa boss kse malamang natatakot si RSA na baka manulot ng player ang staff ni MVP. Gaya ng nangyari kay Lee na kaya isa lng ang pinahiram ng ROS sa GIlas. Sana sa susunod kung kelangan ng player ibigay na lng tapos magkaroon sila ng kasunduan na walang sulutan ng player para lahat happy......

we hope maplantsa na ang gusot between MVP and RSA para hindi nman nadadamay ang Gilas Team.

almost 1 week na lng at kailangan na nating magpasa ng lineup for OQT.

cno kya ang maaalis at sino ang madadagdag???

Here are my wish list:

1) Jordan Clarkson for Matt Ganuelas Rosser

2) Marcio Lassiter for Dondon Hontiveros

3) Japeth Aguilar for JC Intal

4) Junmar Fajardo for Asi Taulava

5) Greg Slaughter for Sonny Thoss

• Like (+1) 1

Here are my wish list:

perfect!!! provided we get fair calls, i'm pretty sure china will be eating dust instead of peking duck :D

Here are my wish list:

Isn't Greg Slaughter has similar dilemma like that of Mo Tautua?...that he can only play as naturalized, since he had not obtained RP passport in legit/permissible period of time

Isn't Greg Slaughter has similar dilemma like that of Mo Tautua?...that he can only play as naturalized, since he had not obtained RP passport in legit/permissible period of time

He's not affected by the ruling if I'm not mistaken because was already previously allowed to suit up for Gilas before that ruling was implemented.

Here are my wish list:

I think for me this is an Ultimate Dream Team for Gilas or should i say Gilas 4.0. kung matuloy ang ganitong line-up. Plus kung pwede nga lang si Tautuaa maglaro as natural filipino, he can replace either Marc Pingris or Ranidel De Ocampo, coz he's big, and he can play Defense and Offense.

can we just imagine if, aside from these players mentioned, tautua can also play as a natural filipino instead of a naturalized filipino.

So Slaughter was born in Ohio to a Filipina mother (AFAIK, she still held Philippine citizenship at the time Greg was born) and an American father. He never played in any Philippine youth basketball teams and only moved to the Philippines in 2007, 19 years after his birth in 1988. It’s reasonable to assume that Greg never got a Philippine passport prior to that, which means, technically speaking, that his FIBA eligibility will probably be questioned. Yes, folks, Gregzilla, despite finishing college here, playing in the PBA as a local, and playing MANY times for Gilas in international tournaments (none of which was a FIBA Asia Men’s Championship, though), will probably not be allowed to play for Gilas Pilipinas.

Aside from Greg Slaughter, other high-level PBA players who, sadly, will probably be ineligible for FIBA Asia are the aforementioned Pringle, Cliff Hodge (even if he played in the SEA Games before), and Joe Devance. From the amateur ranks, guys like Chris Newsome, Moala Tautuaa, and Jason Perkins also probably won’t get clearance to play as locals in FIBA Asia.

bravo pba...maganda naman at nagkaisa na kayo. at least this is a baby step in forming a dream team. with blatche and clarkson on board, plus if we could host one of the 3 qualifiers, we can at least give it a good shot. mahirap pero maganda na ang laban. gilas 4.0 will have the height, speed and shooters to compete.

Edited by junix

I just dont dig Ryan Reyes.

I prefer Mark Barroca or Dondon Again

is ryan reyes in the wishlist of coach tab? if he is then maybe he was included for defensive purposes. imo though lutz would be a better choice than reyes. pero bahala na si coach tab...he knows what is best for the team.

is ryan reyes in the wishlist of coach tab? if he is then maybe he was included for defensive purposes. imo though lutz would be a better choice than reyes. pero bahala na si coach tab...he knows what is best for the team.

That's the bottomline...let's just trust Coach Tab!

He's definitely up to the task and challenge

• Like (+1) 1

It's just d@mn too late. if they lent these players before (FIBA Asia tourney) we wouldn't be threading the eye of a needle at the qualifiers.

it certainly would've been a different result had smc cooperated before...pero nandyan na yan chief. let coach tab do his thing and let's just hope and pray for the best. anyway all players who coach tab wanted were released. and if mvp will be able to succeed in hosting one of the three qualifiers, then that will be a big bonus for gilas. sigurado kahit philippine arena sa bocaue mapupuno natin.

• Like (+1) 1

it certainly would've been a different result had smc cooperated before...pero nandyan na yan chief. let coach tab do his thing and let's just hope and pray for the best. anyway all players who coach tab wanted were released. and if mvp will be able to succeed in hosting one of the three qualifiers, then that will be a big bonus for gilas. sigurado kahit philippine arena sa bocaue mapupuno natin.

Yeah you are right. It's up to Coach Tab. I'll still support them 100%!

Nakakahinayang lang talaga. FIBA Asia could've been a walk in the park for us if these players were allowed to play.

Yeah you are right. It's up to Coach Tab. I'll still support them 100%!

Nakakahinayang lang talaga. FIBA Asia could've been a walk in the park for us if these players were allowed to play.

exactly chief...if coach tab had these players during the fiba asia in changsha, malamang plane tickets na lang ang kulang ng gilas 3.0 papuntang rio. now, we'll have to go through the eye of the needle. pero tiwala pa din ako we'll catch the last bus to the olympics.

Finally, the PBA has decided to step in and lend its players. If not for the formation of the PBA, we would probably be 15-time FIBA-Asia champions and would have gone to the Olympics almost all the time instead of China. 9 teams broke away from the MICAA to form the PBA since those 9 teams were at loggerheads with the BAP which controlled the MICAA. Now, it's not that I am blaming the PBA, just an opinion of what might have been. China was lucky that we didn't send our best team to the FIBA-Asia this year. As if that wasn't enough, they also showed a cooking show that would rival Iron Chef. :lol:

If Slaughter really weren't eligible, why would he even be named to the pool?

my take...maybe sbp and the pba must have seen a loophole in the fiba requirements that is why greg's name was included otherwise his name would have been stricken from tab's wishlist. malaking bagay si greg kung mapapasama sa final list ng gilas.