• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Depression: How To Deal

I feel there is no solid way to deal with depression. Its a constant management and guarding against a slump. I believe exercise helps since it can give a sense of control.

I do know comfort eating is a no no. This really has a nasty habit of boomeranging bad.

If ever what really is helpful is to be honest about it with people who will support you. I suffer from bipolar and i struggle each day. I hate being alive and have a sick way of dealing with my depression. It isnt an easy struggle.

find a group.. or talk to friends who are depressed , find out their problems and share yours too....

malalaman mo na lang one day your are wasting time.. over small things... mas madaming pang taong mas malala ang problema sa iyo

Were that easy then it wont be a problem. This is a billion dollar industry. Wasting time over small things?

• 1 month later...

find a group.. or talk to friends who are depressed , find out their problems and share yours too....

malalaman mo na lang one day your are wasting time.. over small things... mas madaming pang taong mas malala ang problema sa iyo

Were that easy then it wont be a problem. This is a billion dollar industry. Wasting time over small things?

Wow @strike that's exactly why a lot of depressed people end up not wanting to get help.

Dahil sa mga ganyang sagot na "marami pang taong mas may malalang problema sa iyo".

Sabihin na nating oo totoo : pero hindi yan nadadaan sa palaliman ng problema dahil hindi rin naman lahat ay may capability to jump over their own obstacles ... at yung mababaw na problema para sa iyo eh malalim na para sa iba.

Parang ganito kumausap ka ng babaeng menor de edad na paulit-ulit ginahasa ng sariling ama ... tapos sasabihan mo na "ok lang yan, buti ka nga kumpleto pa ang mga katawan mo kumpara kay ganito na baldado na .... yada yada yada".

Nakakainis masabihan ng ganyan - di mo na nga natulungan at all yung tao tapos in-invalidate mo yung nararamdaman niya.

Also, talking about your problems help you loosen up but they don't make your problems magically go away ... that's why its not always a good idea to look for other depressed people to share your problems with lalo kung pare-pareho kayong hindi pa nakakapag-cope-up pa sa situation niyo.

Tama si @alteregoko. Kung ganyan nga kadali yang sinasabi mo na humanap ka lang ng ka-kwentuhan eh walang mga mental institutes, pharmaceutical companies at mga research facilities na maglulustay ng milyon-milyong halaga ng pera para subukang gamutin ang mga may depression.

Stop perpetuating this notion na "kwentuhan lang ang katapat ng depression" at yung "comparing notes to feel better about yourself" (yung sinasabi mong mas malala kalagayan nila therefore I don't have the right to be depressed) mentality.

• Like (+1) 1

This is probably not applicable to everyone but what i did to overcome it was doing things that were uncomfortable. Physically, socially etc. Try to reach your breaking point while in gym, introduce yourself to some stranger everyday, try to be more friendly etc. Then you might reach a point na you have improved yourself in a magnitude that would surpass the level of your depression.

• 3 weeks later...

I think those who seriously get depressed need to see a doctor. I’ve read somewhere may fluid imbalance sa brain so no amount of positivity can snap them out of it unless they drink medicine.

Yun depression naman na kasi malungkot ka lang kasi may nangyare not according to your plan, I deal with it by watching dramas para maiyak ako haha! Ang abnormal ko kse hindi ako minsan maiyak kahit sobrang lungkot ko na. Then after I cry in buckets of tears, I will accept na that there are things na hindi talaga para sa kin. Ayun, then I dance na para yun endorphin level ko tumaas. I cant say that okay na ako agad after that but at least yun feeling of depression ko nabawasan na. I take it one day at a time. Lots of prayer also works.

• 10 months later...

Real depression is a medical condition that requires professional consultation and pharma management. Careful evaluation is needed to identify triggering factors. Usually done in sessions, can last to several months. 

Family and environmental adjustments will play a big role in determining the outcome and success of the management.

Lastly, leave everything to God, He knows best...