Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Again..i hate to to bust these "sweeping generalizations" but then again...you have 15 players in the DLSU basketball team roster and how many DLSU students that are enrolled? like 15/5000? wala pa ang DLSU Alumni & FSC Brothers dyan

Will the actions of these 15 ball players as against the 5000++ students enough to justify these "statements" ......will 15 ball players action's equate to the 5000++ & alumni?

Kaya nga eh...di ba dapat DLSU Ballplayers are usually "this & that" rather THAN DLSU (the whole La Sallian Community)???

I was surprised that you reacted...since i personally abhor the negative attitude of past & present DLSU basketball players (NOT THE SCHOOL itself)...actually my post is for the ones "labelling" the DLSU community with such names...

BUT throwing "sweeping generalizations" against DLSU (the La Sallian community) per se is short of saying STUPID...yes STUPID :lol:

Real La Sallians & Ateneans would know that this is about school pride & the storied rivalry

Geez...akala ko pa naman "matatalino" yung iba dito, eh sa "statement" palang eh "conclusive" na ang hypothesis ...duh

tol, hindi naman sa "sweeping generalizations" pero totoo naman talaga na madaming maangas at epal na La Salle players dekada 90s pa lang. bilang lang ang mga mapakumbaba sa La Salle tulad ni Limpot, Espinosa, si Cardel medyo ok na din. pero nung si Virgil Villavicencio nag coach ng school niyo nagsama ata mga kampon ng kaangasan sa La Salle kaya sinumpa ng talo sa UST (4 na taon) at FEU (1-1997). si Franz ndi naman masyadong maangas pero parang tinu-tolerate niya yung angas ng mga players niya tulad ni Yeo tapos ngayon si Maierhofer. at least kumonti naman hindi tulad nung 90s. hindi naman po "school bashing" pero obserbasyon lang naman po kasi kita naman talaga eh. tapos nagkakataon yung mga una kong nakilala na La Salista sa trabaho puro maepal din masisisi mo ba kung ganun ang "sweeping generalization" ng iba? pero totoo naman hindi lahat. panigurado madaming kewl na mga La Salista dito sa MTC mga player lang naman napaguusapan dito di ba?

atsaka ser, hindi po ako "ramping post count" ah. kita mo naman medyo matagal na akong lurker dito pero ganyan lang posts ko hindi ko naman kelangan ng madaming post para masulit ko mtc. masarap atang mag lurk, di ba mga lurkers? hehehe shempre hindi sila sasagot lurker nga eh hehehe

atsaka ang hirap mapatawad yung ginawa ng La Salle na hindi nagpakita sa pagkuha ng second place trophy. sabi ko nga kahit isang board member man lang, bangko o kahit water boy ng la Salle kumuha dun pero wala din. sabi nga ng iba laro lang yan after the game magkakaibigan pa din tayo eh bakit napakasakit naman un tapos na laro hindi pa din tanggap ng players pagkatalo? tsk tsk tsk. siguro karma ito ke Franz kasi "iniwan" niya ang Youth team sa laban.

Edited by orionpax
Hmmm.. possible.. But isn't it also because DLSU and Pumaren have always been known to spawn good guards? While Norman Black bein a big man himself produces better Big Men? I remember Sharma and how he used to play back then in the UAAP, he could've been a monster if Norman Black was his coach (or even any other coach good with Big Men). Kuya Carlo probably advised little brother to play for Norman Black as his training and exposure would be better off with Ateneo than La Salle.

oo nga. bilib ako sa improvement ni sharma pagtapak nya ng pba. medyo supot sya nung sa la salle pa sya. pero ngayon magaling talaga.

Masyado ding big-deal yung hindi pag-accept ng 2nd place throphy.. Kahit ako hindi ako lalabas dahil may kaunti nman akong pride na naitatago.. Kukunin ko yung trophy para lamang i-boo ng mga Atenista.. Puno ang Araneta ng mga Atenista sa start pa lang ng game.. What more after the game, di ba? It was a tough loss for Pumaren's squad, and accepting the 2nd place trophy accompanied by jeers and boos from the crowd would make any person's heart falter.. Is that cowardice? IMO, its not.. Its pride.. And I understand them..

I am still congratulating Ateneo.. I respect their championship.. Heck! I studied my Masterals in Ateneo, therefore, I believe in their system.. But to jeer and to push while we are down, is just plain un-Atenean.. Again, real Ateneans do not push while the opponent is down, they are "men for others.." They actually lift the spirits of their fallen enemy to fight another great battle in another time..

ANIMO!!!!

If you do watch the games live at the Araneta, it wouldn't cross your mind that the Ateneans there would boo or heckle the fallen lasalians. The beauty of an Ateneo-lasal game is that when the buzzer sounds at the end of the game, the victor, whether blue or green never fails to applaud the opposing team. Call it kaplastikan or pure sportsmanship, the fact is, ito ang talagang nangyayari each and every game. I believe Ateneans and lasalians do hold a measure of respect for their rivals. To insinuate that lasal will be booed and jeered by the Ateneans simply is, as you say, BS.

I think some thought should be invested before taking as gospel truth, the idea that accepting 2nd place takes away one's pride. You should know better than take the word of somebody who can't write a decent sentence (aka dynamite007). In an open intelligent discussion, it simply would not hold. Ayan ang problema if your agenda is to defend the actions of the dlsu basketball team (particularly the coach), you're bound to make unbelievable contortions of the truth. The fact is, the discussions here are being fueled by that particular no-show of the green squad and in the course of discussion, may mga peripheral issues pa being brought up. What I resent is that in the course of defending themselves, the greenies almost always blame Ateneo. E kayo itong sumuong sa kontrobersya tapos idadamay niyo kami. Problema niyo yan kaya pangatawanan niyo. Ang problema lang namin e ang parking para sa bonfire sa Tuesday. :)

Meron pang nagsasabi na hindi siya bilib dun sa last championship ng DLSU dahil magkapatid daw yung mga Pumaren.. That is a BS statement.. You wanna know what happened last year? Well Ateneo losing to NU on a game where DLSU's fate is on the line happened.. Then Ateneo losing to DLSU when it mattered most also happened? Ano yun magkapatid din si Black at si Pumaren.. Ahh, I get it, Black coached Franz in SMB before, maybe, pinagbigyan siya ni Black.. Galing mong mag-insinuate, bro.. And I know if you are reading this, you know who you are.. Atenista ka ba? Sa tingin ko hindi eh.. Hindi ganyan mag-isip ang isang Atenista..-post from revi.

Hahahaha! I know who you're referring to dude. I wouldn't trade barbs with this dimwit! Husay mag-isip nito! Spoken like a true...GENIUS! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by carlitosway_94116

By FOUL SCOUTING from www.inboundpass.com

http://www.inboundpass.com/2008/09/25/its-...age-9/#comments

I watched the game again last night on replay (really, didn’t have much to do on account of I am sick iin bed) and tried to see from an objective point of view if indeed La Salle was given the raw deal on officiating. Here’s what I saw:

In the first half, it actually looked like Ateneo was the one getting screwedl. Two ticky tacky fouls on the MVP! And a technical on Ryan Buenafe. La Salle was hardly getting called.for anything. Pumaren didn’t seem to think those were bad calls.

La Salle’s players get fouls when they crowd the offensive player too much. Is that fair? Yes because Jai Reyes, Yuri Escueta and several other players from Ateneo also got called for the same kind fo fouls. The common trend, anyone who uses his HANDS to impede the player’s movement. La Salle’s players do this more but any Atenean who tried got the same treatment. Mostly those guarding Casio.

Casio’s last two fouls were crystal clear on the instant replay. His fourth came when he was a step too late sa press, and when Salamat caught the ball, he collided with him from behind. The fifth one, an offensive foul, was even much clearer shown on the replay he pushed off Jai Reyes.

IF the refs didn not call those, Ateneo would be the ones complaining of bad calls.

La Salle’s first two fouls in the fourth quarter, were not contested by La Salle. The third one, by Malabes on Tiu was caught on the replay had hem up in arms. Replay showed this: Malabes had tangled up Tiu’s right arm. And Malabes had the gall to complain. Although when Tiu pulled free from the CLEAR HOLDING FOUL, he also got Malabes on the head.

There was one ticky tack foul on La Salle that might warrant questioning. The first one that sent Jai Reyes to the foul line in the fourth quarter. THAT WAS IT. Everything else was crystal clear.

Did Ateneo get away with physical contact? No, the replay showed that Ateneo’s Defense was not as physical as La Salle’s. La Salle’s pressure D by nature has them crowding and impeding the player with the ball forcing him to turn it over. History will show this kind of defense, while effective, also runs the risk of more fouls. Ateneo played face up D most of the time which is geared towards forcing a bad shot or no shot at all. This is less foul prone by nature beause you don’t crowd the player but deny his options instead.

Except for that one ticky tack foul in the fourth quarter, Refs were consistent.

When La Salle played Face up D, they stopped Ateneo and forced them into TWO shot clock violations. No fouls were called.

When Ateneo pressured Casio and tried to crowd him, they got called for fouls as well. Difference is La Salle did this more.

Watch it again and you’ll see this.

I hope this clears things a bit on the controversy about the referees. Anyway, I think what made the difference was that coach Norman Black and his team were able to adjust from the calls of the referees. Pinilit pa rin ni coach Franz ung full court hard D niya kahit alam niya sensitive ung mga referee nung game. Complaining on the officials wont help, but adjusting to them would have made a difference.

If the reason kung bakit natalo lasalle is fouled out si jvee and thrown out si rico. Pano ung 1st half na wala ung MVP ng ateneo? jvee casio was the only player who had the heart to win. Rico was too emotional and the other lasalle players didn't step up. Sa side ateneo, kahit wala si al-hussaini nung 1st half( im sure alam niyo un bcuz of the two fouls he got on the 1st qtr), andun sila chris, jai and nonoy to back up the team. Si Rico nung late 3rd lang nawala, si jvee nung 5 mins na lng ung game. Si Rabeh mga 20+mins wala sa game. Hindi ba dapat lasalle ung nag 15 pnt lead nung 1st half rather than ateneo if that's the case?

BASTA BAWAL ANG PIKON!!!!!

BAWAL DIN ANG SORE LOSERS!!!!!

AT LALONG BAWAL DIN ANG MAG BIGAY NG KAKAHIYAN SA PAARALAN SA HINDI PAG SIPOT PARA KUNIN ANG TROPEYO PARA SA 2ND PLACE.

ANO BA KAYO!!???? PARANG NASAYANG LANG ANG PAG PAPA-ARAL SA INYO SA MABUTING PAARALAN, WALA MAN LANG KAYONG NATUTUNAN SA MABUTING ASAL!!!!

There is a fine line between sour graping and showing guts, bravery and pride not to give satisfaction to Ateneo's win.

Wow man!!! Now you're trying to say that it was a display of guts, bravery and pride???

At saang dictionary naman ganyan ang definition ng guts, glory at pride?

ang pagmamaktol sa dug-out, ang hindi pag labas, ang pag sabi na walang tumawag sa kanila para lumabas. aba!!!!

talo na nga kayo kailangnan pa kayong tawagin para tanggapin ang 2nd place!!!?????

at bago mag react ang ibang kulay berde dyan paki review muna ang ginawa ninyo sa ibang koponan nung kayo ang naghahari sa uaap ha. if you can dish it out, learn how to take it dahil hindi ko pa nakakalimutan ang panlalait ninyo nung wala kami sa itaas!!!!!!!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!

FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!!!!!

^ At least somebody here admits that Pumaren has given DLSU the most titles in this decade.. Truly an Atenean worth talking to..

Maangas, mayabang, bobo.. Ano pa ang ibabato sa aming mga La Sallista? Bakit perpekto ba ang Ateneo or any school that you can think of.. Meron pang nagsasabi na hindi siya bilib dun sa last championship ng DLSU dahil magkapatid daw yung mga Pumaren.. That is a BS statement.. You wanna know what happened last year? Well Ateneo losing to NU on a game where DLSU's fate is on the line happened.. Then Ateneo losing to DLSU when it mattered most also happened? Ano yun magkapatid din si Black at si Pumaren.. Ahh, I get it, Black coached Franz in SMB before, maybe, pinagbigyan siya ni Black.. Galing mong mag-insinuate, bro.. And I know if you are reading this, you know who you are.. Atenista ka ba? Sa tingin ko hindi eh.. Hindi ganyan mag-isip ang isang Atenista..

As I've said, what Rico did was wrong, and I blame him for this tough loss.. At mali din si Pumaren na hayaan niya si Rico na mag-aangas sa court.. Dahil nga mainit na ang mata ng ref at strikto dapat mag-adjust ang team.. Mali ang DLSU sa series na ito plus the fact that Black's Ateneo team is really stronger..

But to make generalizing statements about La Sallistas is just plain wrong.. Eh ano ngayon kung mayabang si Rico.. Lahat kami mayabang? If I say that Enrico Villanueva is also mayabang, does that mean all Atenistas are.. IMO, nayayayabangan din ako ke Enrico, at kay Wesley.. Maangas sila nun, isang beses lang naman nanalo ng championship.. Eh si Ritualo, si Cortez at si Mac Mac, magyabang man sila nun, may karapatan sila dahil hindi lang isang beses sila nanalo ng championship.. Mali ang mayabang.. And humility is the mother of all virtues but players from other schools even from Ateneo are not perfect.. And some are even plain assholes..

I hate Rico, Cardona and especially Yeo.. I condemn their actions.. Even though La Sallista ako.. I give credit where credit is due.. Atenistas who are just full of pride and kaangasan in this thread should wake up.. You are winners this year but in this past decade how many times have you won the title.. 2? Ang dami ah.. Ilan bang beses na nanalo na ang DLSU? 1, 2 o 3? Si Ritualo pa lang naka-apat na eh.. Pumaren and his boys are winners.. Black just won one time.. And he is now all the way better than Franz? Sheesh! Ateneo should celebrate kasi nga bihira sila manalo.. Let them be.. Let some of them jeer us.. Make even sweeping statements.. Di ba kayo naaawa? Sa sobrang bihira nila manalo, hindi sila sanay! bwehehehe...

Masyado ding big-deal yung hindi pag-accept ng 2nd place throphy.. Kahit ako hindi ako lalabas dahil may kaunti nman akong pride na naitatago.. Kukunin ko yung trophy para lamang i-boo ng mga Atenista.. Puno ang Araneta ng mga Atenista sa start pa lang ng game.. What more after the game, di ba? It was a tough loss for Pumaren's squad, and accepting the 2nd place trophy accompanied by jeers and boos from the crowd would make any person's heart falter.. Is that cowardice? IMO, its not.. Its pride.. And I understand them..

I am still congratulating Ateneo.. I respect their championship.. Heck! I studied my Masterals in Ateneo, therefore, I believe in their system.. But to jeer and to push while we are down, is just plain un-Atenean.. Again, real Ateneans do not push while the opponent is down, they are "men for others.." They actually lift the spirits of their fallen enemy to fight another great battle in another time..

ANIMO!!!!

The ADMU crowd and team has shown the utmost respect for each and everyone of their opponents this season. Baka lang alam nila mas malakas team nila kaya malkas loob nila, pero after each and every game the team has stayed on the court while their opponents are singing their alma mater as a sign of respect. Kung mag boo ang crowd and players of the other school, well and good you get to show the world that they are not worthy champions. By not DLSU representatives not showing up they get to show the rest of the world that they are not worthy of being runners-up.

Di raw maganda trophy ngayon kaya di na lang kinuha ng mga berde boys? But kidding aside, ginagawa naman kaming mga tanga dito na hindi nila narinig na tinawag sila? Walang representative ng Uaap ang nagpasabi sa kanila? (I'm referring to the basketball team members po Mr. Orionpax baka ako naman kagalitan ninyo.) It only proves na sore losers ang mga player ngayon at coaching staff ng DLSU. (Ayan malinaw yan ha, mga players and coaching staff at hindi students or ex-students.)

Ok...ok... Talo na kung talo at pikon na kung pikon ang mga players at coaching staff ng La Salle. Can we just move on and drop this. I can't see the point of this thread getting longer and longer. There are a lot of issues to which we can quarrel about. Lets just all drop it... period.

One thing I want to say:

Im a La Sallian and proud of it!!!

i guess this thread will keep on going as long as dimwits like this one keep on posting:

There is a fine line between sour graping and showing guts, bravery and pride not to give satisfaction to Ateneo's win.

Pare, Ateneo doesn't need lasal's validation to savor our well-deserved victory. The team proved themselves on the court.

The lasal basketball team not showing up to claim second place does not lessen the stature of the victorious Ateneo squad.

On the contrary, it further lessens the little dignity left of your controversy-ridden basketball squad.

And you ranting on like this, showing the world how sore losers you are, makes our victory even sweeter.

Di raw maganda trophy ngayon kaya di na lang kinuha ng mga berde boys? But kidding aside, ginagawa naman kaming mga tanga dito na hindi nila narinig na tinawag sila? Walang representative ng Uaap ang nagpasabi sa kanila? (I'm referring to the basketball team members po Mr. Orionpax baka ako naman kagalitan ninyo.) It only proves na sore losers ang mga player ngayon at coaching staff ng DLSU. (Ayan malinaw yan ha, mga players and coaching staff at hindi students or ex-students.)

eh paano natin maintindihan yung reasoning nila eh show of guts, pride and bravery daw yun.

SUMAROSEP!!!!!!!

Is this the much talked about guts bravery and pride of the la sallite?????!!!

i think you have a serious mental problem?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!!

BONFIRE NA!!!!!!! DOUBLE BONFIRE FOR THE EAGLES AND EAGLETS!!!!!!!!

WALA KAYA PASOK SA TUESDAY? HIHIHIHIHI!!!

From what I heard, Rabeh Al-Husseini decided to attend Ateneo through the advise of his half-brother Carlo Sharma. It seems like Sharma had a falling out with Coach Pumaren after their 2002 defeat to Ateneo. Pumaren blamed Mike Cortez for the debacle dahil nagbenta daw and castigated Cardona as well as Sharma for not playing their hearts out with hints of game-fixing. Kaya ayun, sabi ni Kuya mag-Ateneo ka na lang, thanks Coach Pumaren! :)

this is something that can only happen in la salle and with Franz.

Can you imagine Chris Tiu ever telling his brother to play for la salle na lang.

Can you imagine Chot or Jun Reyes telling Jai to play for la salle na lang.

More than anything else, that shows what kind of program Franz is running.

From what I heard, Rabeh Al-Husseini decided to attend Ateneo through the advise of his half-brother Carlo Sharma. It seems like Sharma had a falling out with Coach Pumaren after their 2002 defeat to Ateneo. Pumaren blamed Mike Cortez for the debacle dahil nagbenta daw and castigated Cardona as well as Sharma for not playing their hearts out with hints of game-fixing. Kaya ayun, sabi ni Kuya mag-Ateneo ka na lang, thanks Coach Pumaren! :)

Isa pa po. About accusing your players of selling games when they do not perform well. It is the risk you run when you hire mercenaries to play for you.

Chris Tiu had two consecutive low scoring games against UE and La Salle. Did anyone even hint at the idea that he may have been point shaving or selling the game. No way. That is not the Ateneo way.