What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

tamago

Just Like Me by Fra Lippi Lippi from their first album, Songs, released in 1985.

This is one of my favourite albums which was made popular by hits like Shouldn’t Have to be Like That, The Distance Between Us & Everytime I See You.

The song, Just Like Me, may not have achieved the same level of popularity (as the previously mentioned) but it’s melody, lyrics & meaning doesn’t fall short of what fans came to expect from this Norwegian band.

Like A Stone by Audioslave

Released in 2003, this song became one of the biggest hits of Audioslave. According to composer & lead vocalist Chris Cornell (RIP):

"It's a song about concentrating on the afterlife you would hope for, rather than the normal monotheistic approach: You work really hard all your life to be a good person and a moral persona and fair and generous, and then you go to hell anyway."

Whats your favourite Chris Cornell/Audioslave song? 😎👍

Roger Hodgson - Dreamer

Dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you say you are a dreamer,
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said "Far out, - What a day, a year, a life it is!"
You know, - Well you know you had it comin' to you,
Now there's not a lot I can do

The Perfect Kiss by New Order

This song was recorded in May 1985 with themes relating to both love & death. However according to its writer Bernard Sumner, to this day, the overall meaning of the song remains unclear to him. 😂

To me, the best line in this song is: "Pretending not to see his gun, I said, 'Let's go out and have some fun, which highlights the irony of The Perfect Kiss.

Do you have any favourite New Order songs? 😎👍

Edited by j0hn_blackthorn3