Bars Para Sa Nag Iisa Lang

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go to Cubao. There's a bar there called Club Idol. They perform toro on big night presentations. There are other bars in North QC that do it regularly on weekends (although I doubt they'll look decent to you). Try to ask the Taxi drivers. Unless it's a big night, you will only spend a couple of hundreds for the show. I haven't been able to watch any though. But my drinking companions have -- lots of times.

any bar would do :D

For those in the QC area: Diliman, Cubao, and thereabouts.

Amen to those who recommended Club Zen along Timog. This place is great if you want to drink alone. And if some time while drinking alone you wouldn't mind some company, there are incredibly beautiful usherettes to keep you company (rate is P250/30 min for a lady's drink). Johnny Black is P135, SMlight is 42. And even those who drink alone wouldn't mind a friendly word and a smile from their beautiful (and they are, really)cocktail attendants. Chances are you'll get a little peck on the cheek when you come in.

Not far away is Padi's. Johnny Black is a beautifully criminal P85, SMLight an expected P60. Nice bar, but it looked a little dead when I was there. The stairs won't help if you get drunk, but you can't argue with the prices and the sense of solitude. I understand they have shows on Wednesdays and Sundays (so I was told). There was a cage and a pole inside. Intriguing. Have to return here some time.

Torio's Grill in Timog is OK. Bar isn't great (two chairs), but there are many small tables where you can have a drink by yourself. Johnny is P130, SMLight 45. No AC, but it's an open-style place. Nice sense of solitude if you want to think or just have your mind blank.

In Cubao, there's Fred's Revolucion in Cubao X. Johnny Black is P130, SML is 45. This is a great, homey place. The people are friendly but leave you alone. Downside is, I don't really know where their restroom is (Cubao X is still a bit new to me). So it's a bit difficult if you plan to drink alone for two hours or so and you have to leave your place at the bar to take a leak.

Padi's Araneta is great for solo drinkers. Johnny Red and J&B cost P125/shot but their Johnny Black is totally unheard of (P200+ per shot). But if you're there anytime before 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday you can have three beers for P100 to go with your hard drink(s). The people are friendly, and because so much is going on inside you can have your solo drink(s) without anyone bothering you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...