Best Wifi Router

I have a question, I have a store, which i would like to be able to access a wifi access point around 500 meters away, di pa line of sight... needless to say wala connection don sa access point, ni hindi sya nakikita

here's the question, if I buy a wireless N antennae or receiver, (not sure if that's what you call it) would it "receive" a wireless G signal better?

If not, if I bought a wireless N router for that source, would it be likely able to make palo across 500 meters? to be received by my current wireless G antennae?

if not, obviously i buy also a wireless N receiver, would it likely be able to recieve that signal na?

Hmmm,

any ideas on best brands and prices on these items (router and receiver wireless N)

TIA

malayo ata yung 500meters, maximum na 20meters, i heard mayroon parang booster nabibili but it really depends sa walls, slabs, concrete dividing the two locations. As for router TP-Link gamit ko, ok yun di pa mahal at mas mahaba antenna than D-Link w/c is more expensive

Try the Asus WL-520gu, very easy to setup. with printer port so you can share your printer with other computers. Na u-upgrade ang firmware so yung usb port para sa printer pwede gawing storage pang torrent na maski naka off computer nyo, magdownload sya. But i haven't tried it kasi kabibili ko palang.

I'm satisfied with this router 24 hours din ang gamit at hindi man lamang nag-iinit. electricity cost maybe .25 pesos/hr to run the router.

Price 2,000 pesos in gilmore. With removable antenna which you can replace with a long range antenna. Radius of wifi is 125 meters open field.

Try the Asus WL-520gu, very easy to setup. with printer port so you can share your printer with other computers. Na u-upgrade ang firmware so yung usb port para sa printer pwede gawing storage pang torrent na maski naka off computer nyo, magdownload sya. But i haven't tried it kasi kabibili ko palang.

I'm satisfied with this router 24 hours din ang gamit at hindi man lamang nag-iinit. electricity cost maybe .25 pesos/hr to run the router.

Price 2,000 pesos in gilmore. With removable antenna which you can replace with a long range antenna. Radius of wifi is 125 meters open field.

I tried printing ordinary text, ok naman, but when the color is not accurately rendered on documents with color graphics.

I also noticed that printing jobs with boxes also resulted in error.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys, any feedback/reviews on airport express by apple? I'm thinking of getting one kse sobrang portable. ska mac user din kse ko. i hope some of you have some first hand experience on the product and would like to share their feedback. thanks!

hi guys, any feedback/reviews on airport express by apple? I'm thinking of getting one kse sobrang portable. ska mac user din kse ko. i hope some of you have some first hand experience on the product and would like to share their feedback. thanks!

I use one at home. Very convenient, and the default settings aren't as bad as the Linksys WRT54G (with its infamous 4-day till reboot behavior for the default firmware). Comes with nifty features like SNMP and bandwidth monitoring. The best feature - no need to go physically to Airport Express just to reboot the router!

For the best router, I would classify these in 3 categories:

* High performance, last mile - I'm voting for Engenius/Senao wifi equipment. Used and sold them to clients years ago - these go 4W in power (more than the power of a provincial radio station), the range goes up to 25KM for the omni and 75km for the unidirectional antenna extension. If you're looking for a backhaul/last mile, this is the brand to get.

* Configurability, hackability - Still the Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL series that has Linux inside. For the cheap price you can flash the firmware to include functionality found in expensive wifi routers

* Ease of use - the wifi routers from Apple (Airport Express, Airport Extreme, Time Machine). Expensive, but fairly reliable and really easy to use.

I use one at home. Very convenient, and the default settings aren't as bad as the Linksys WRT54G (with its infamous 4-day till reboot behavior for the default firmware). Comes with nifty features like SNMP and bandwidth monitoring. The best feature - no need to go physically to Airport Express just to reboot the router!

thanks for the feedback masurao! I'll definitely consider getting the airport express/extreme when i change my current router (comes with the service provider). cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...