Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Game 3. According to insiders from management, may pasabog daw na magaganap. I for one, won't miss it.

Ellis was in uniform. Baka magamit tong isang to. Pwede na ring panapat kay Durham.

I wish yun pasabog ay maglalarao slaugther sa game 4..I just imagine how the meralco adjust kung mag ala SMB ang GinKings.. like Slaugther on a post then kick out to any of perimeter jumper plus allen durnham.hugnatan or even hodge can't drive on a post

I like Caguioa before , yes he personified the never say die attitude during his pacquiao looks days,together with Helterbrand when he came back from US,whom I never doubted.Few years ago there was a rumor that things were not alright between the two because of Caguioa's rumored game fixing.and somehow not really obvious but you can observe there's really something wrong. The rumor died down but from then on I always ask why in every important game Caguioa will always make bad plays in the end game , bad shots, error, and miss fre throws consistently. Game fixing really exist in the PBA, ex is Coach Yeng , he knows it when something is wrong, when he Bench a star player , alam mo na yun. Pagdating sa loob SISIKMURAAN Nya na lng yung player, got it from a close insider.

Sir photographer is always a respected and important voice in this forum, can you Sir shed any light on this issue?Thanks

Game 3. According to insiders from management, may pasabog daw na magaganap. I for one, won't miss it.

Ellis was in uniform. Baka magamit tong isang to. Pwede na ring panapat kay Durham.

I wish yun pasabog ay maglalarao slaugther sa game 4..I just imagine how the meralco adjust kung mag ala SMB ang GinKings.. like Slaugther on a post then kick out to any of perimeter jumper plus allen durnham.hugnatan or even hodge can't drive on a post

Walang sinabi yung contact ko eh. Pero aantabayanan natin yan.

di kaya mag-ala willis reed itong si greg slaughter? hehehe nonetheless, with or without greg, tingin ko kaya naman ng ginebra ang meralco. focus lang ang lots of intensity in going after 50-50 balls.

I like Caguioa before , yes he personified the never say die attitude during his pacquiao looks days,together with Helterbrand when he came back from US,whom I never doubted.Few years ago there was a rumor that things were not alright between the two because of Caguioa's rumored game fixing.and somehow not really obvious but you can observe there's really something wrong. The rumor died down but from then on I always ask why in every important game Caguioa will always make bad plays in the end game , bad shots, error, and miss fre throws consistently. Game fixing really exist in the PBA, ex is Coach Yeng , he knows it when something is wrong, when he Bench a star player , alam mo na yun. Pagdating sa loob SISIKMURAAN Nya na lng yung player, got it from a close insider.

Sir photographer is always a respected and important voice in this forum, can you Sir shed any light on this issue?Thanks

Yeng Guiao said, if its true, that there is perceived game fixing in PBA. He was a congressman then. He should have voiced it at congress but no. Maybe he does not have any evidence at haka haka lang, it only exists in the mind. I have no reports or even hearsay that Caguioa is into game fixing. Still I will always think na, like you and me, tao lang siya and make errors with his brand and style of play, run and gun. Statistically wise maski yuong ibang Ginebra players, past and present, and that includes the Big J, dami ring nangyayaring errors when games are on the line kasi tumitindi ang defense sa ganung situations. To sum it up, wala akong naririnig na game fixing with evidencial proof.

Edited by photographer
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeng Guiao said, if its true, that there is perceived game fixing in PBA. He was a congressman then. He should have voiced it at congress but no. Maybe he does not have any evidence at haka haka lang, it only exists in the mind. I have no reports or even hearsay that Caguioa is into game fixing. Still I will always think na, like you and me, tao lang siya and make errors with his brand and style of play, run and gun. Statistically wise maski yuong ibang Ginebra players, past and present, and that includes the Big J, dami ring nangyayaring errors when games are on the line kasi tumitindi ang defense sa ganung situations. To sum it up, wala akong naririnig na game fixing with evidencial proof.

For me game fixing is an issue sa lahat ng sports, from basketball hanggang sa pinakamaliit na laro even badminton, pero sakin lang ha mahirap mag game fixing na ibabase mo sa isang player lalo na pag team sports, kasi madaming factors yan, mas maniniwala pko na pwedeng sabihin na may game fixing ang coach kasi controlado nya ang mga players o mga referees, unlike sports like boxing na pwedeng pwede na ipatalo ng boksingero ang laban.... Same din yun sabihin na scripted ang laro...im more inclined to think turnovers talaga or just plain bad basketball decisions...for mark naman its just that age is finally catching up to him...manaka naka nlang ang mga good games nya...including this series..lets just savor and enjoy it

Again si chief photog ang pinakamaexperienced dito...so if he thinks na alang player/s na game fixing...id go with his opinion...

For me game fixing is an issue sa lahat ng sports, from basketball hanggang sa pinakamaliit na laro even badminton, pero sakin lang ha mahirap mag game fixing na ibabase mo sa isang player lalo na pag team sports, kasi madaming factors yan, mas maniniwala pko na pwedeng sabihin na may game fixing ang coach kasi controlado nya ang mga players o mga referees, unlike sports like boxing na pwedeng pwede na ipatalo ng boksingero ang laban.... Same din yun sabihin na scripted ang laro...im more inclined to think turnovers talaga or just plain bad basketball decisions...for mark naman its just that age is finally catching up to him...manaka naka nlang ang mga good games nya...including this series..lets just savor and enjoy it

Again si chief photog ang pinakamaexperienced dito...so if he thinks na alang player/s na game fixing...id go with his opinion...

It will take a no. of players for a team to sell a game. I would site the case of Crispa in which the NBI found five of its players into game-fixing thereby allowing a lightweight like Mariwasa to win the championship. Nahuli naman sila and were suspended then indefinitely.

It will take a no. of players for a team to sell a game. I would site the case of Crispa in which the NBI found five of its players into game-fixing thereby allowing a lightweight like Mariwasa to win the championship. Nahuli naman sila and were suspended then indefinitely.

i have a different perspective when it comes to fixing a game. Not that i'm saying that the players for this team are throwing the game and i've never seen them play because i don't watch PBA games. But i'm coming from a generalized perspective of what i've seen and read about throwing games.

Throwing games doesn't really mean you need to lose the game. You can do things like point shaving in order to meet the point spread of the game. In order for this to work you would need to have the best player on the team to be in on it to pull it off. It only takes one player to do it and sometimes if you want some insurance you can add 2-3 other players to make critical errors that would affect the outcome of the game. But these players need to be starters if not the best players on the team.

This also makes it difficult to tell if the player is actually throwing the game on purpose. Because anyone can either chalk it up to a mental error or a bad game because the player makes an uncharacteristic mistake. It may look like it was done in the normal flow of the game that's why its hard to just go out there and accuse anyone of point shaving or losing the game on purpose.

Watch this ESPN Documentary titled ESPN 30 For 30 Playing for the Mob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ5z0KTZxVk

This documentary talks about the 1978–79 Boston College basketball point shaving scandal. The guys who bribed the players was Henry Hill a New York mobster who was into Sports Betting. You probably know him from the movie Goodfellas his character was played by Ray Liotta.

The funny thing is, they weren't supposed to get caught. But during Hill's time in witness protection for the FBI. He accidentally mentioned the sports betting in passing while talking about the many rackets they were into to the FBI.

This is why its difficult to actually say for sure that a player could be selling the game. One more recent scandal in mind would be the NBA referee Tim Donaghy although he was a referee and not a player who had control of the outcome of the games. He did mention that there is always a possibility that there are players who will throw the game.

Sports betting is a huge business especially if the people who are betting have control of someone who can alter the outcome of the games, point spreads etc.. in this case referees, players even coaches.

Follower na ko nung team since anejo days. Ni isang player ng ginebra wala akong matandaan na nainvolve sa game fixing. Nagkaroon lang ng controversy nung pumasok sa draft si marlou. They were accused na pinapatalo talaga yung laro para makuha yung top draft pick. Wala rin ako natatandaan na nainvolve si caguioa sa game fixing. Nasubaybayan ko sya since rookie days nya.

Follower na ko nung team since anejo days. Ni isang player ng ginebra wala akong matandaan na nainvolve sa game fixing. Nagkaroon lang ng controversy nung pumasok sa draft si marlou. They were accused na pinapatalo talaga yung laro para makuha yung top draft pick. Wala rin ako natatandaan na nainvolve si caguioa sa game fixing. Nasubaybayan ko sya since rookie days nya.

Ang player na matatandaan ko na susect ka mag game fixing dati sa Ginebra si Willie Miller

One more accusation is palagi pinapaabot sa Game 7 ang karamihan ng mga championship series.

For more profit daw ng PBA.

But I want to be honest, tagilid na talaga sila ngayon unlike before.

Replacing Narvasa as Commissioner could be a welcome move to ease the disappointments on the part of fan base/s.

One more accusation is palagi pinapaabot sa Game 7 ang karamihan ng mga championship series.

For more profit daw ng PBA.

But I want to be honest, tagilid na talaga sila ngayon unlike before.

Replacing Narvasa as Commissioner could be a welcome move to ease the disappointments on the part of fan base/s.

Replacing Narvasa is a must!

Ang player na matatandaan ko na susect ka mag game fixing dati sa Ginebra si Willie Miller

Game fixing in any sports is not an urban legend, totoo ito...

Cases in point:

Bong Hawkins.

Many years ago Alaska was battling San Miguel in the finals and it was learned that Bong Hawkins was going to throw the game. The thing was he already threw one game during the series and the next game was another game he was going to sell. When they found out about it, they did not let Hawkins play the game and told the reporters that he got an ankle injury during practice. When Hawkins was introduced before the game, Hawkins went out in street clothes and walked in a noticeable fake limp.

Johnny Abarrientos.

While I have less details about this incident, it was told that one sign of spotting a player who's selling the game is by the mistakes he makes. Johnny A. , when sealing out he will dribble the ball between his legs and be called for travelling a lot of times during the game. He will lose the handle of the ball a lot. He might be having a bad game, but hey think about it. I know some of you play basketball, ask yourself, "How many times did I dribble the ball off my foot while bringing the ball upcourt with little pressure from the defender?". Now think about this, Johnny A is a POINTGUARD at PROFESSIONAL Level.

Danny Florencio

In the early 1970s, he, along with Jun Papa, became the cornerstones of the powerhouse Crispa squad. However, in 1973, he, along with four others, were meted a lifetime ban by the MICAA due to game-fixing allegations, which was later lifted.

Crispa Superstars (Atoy Co, Philip Cesar, Bernard Fabiosa, et. al)

UST players Ed Daquiaog and Kevin Ferrer

...At marami pang iba

Anybody that has an impact on the outcome of the game can be bought. Remember Mac Baracael in his FEU days, he refused to fix the game kaya binaril sa labas ng campus.

How does this happen? Let's say Im a rich Businessman and I had a bet with another rich businessman on who will win the game/series. Let's say the bet was 1 Million Pesos. I'll then pay 75,000 Php to the superstar. I lose 75,000 PhP but I gain 1 million Pesos. I won, the superstar got an easy money in less than 2-hour of work...

I am interested sa draft ng Ginebra because they have no.3 and no.10 pick of the 1st round, if I am not mistaken.

yes 2 picks in the 1st round for ginebra...but unless the likes of ravena, parks, belo, pogoy, ferrer will be joining the draft, it will be a lean list of rookies. not promising as of the moment.

yes 2 picks in the 1st round for ginebra...but unless the likes of ravena, parks, belo, pogoy, ferrer will be joining the draft, it will be a lean list of rookies. not promising as of the moment.

Yes 2nd pick in 1st round but meron special draft pick for gilas cadets which is 10th over-all pa tayo.... I just hope Parks, Ravena or Jalalon will not join the gilas cadets pero kung kasama yung belo and co... di masyado malalim ang draft this year.

Game fixing in any sports is not an urban legend, totoo ito...

Cases in point:

Danny Florencio

In the early 1970s, he, along with Jun Papa, became the cornerstones of the powerhouse Crispa squad. However, in 1973, he, along with four others, were meted a lifetime ban by the MICAA due to game-fixing allegations, which was later lifted.

Crispa Superstars (Atoy Co, Philip Cesar, Bernard Fabiosa, et. al)

The players involved were Florencio, Jun Papa, Rudolf Kutch, Ernie de Leon (later became a PBA referee), Epoy Alcantara, Rudy Soriano and Billy Abarrientos (uncle of Johnny A.). This led to massive rebuilding of the Crispa team with the entry of Ed Carvajal, the Cezar brothers, Fabiosa, Guidaben, among others.

Edited by muttley