Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

okay kunin nila si JC Intal at RR Garcia.

Parehong mag thrive sa triangle offense mga yan kasi may tira sa labas.

force retire nila caguioa at helterbrand tapos lagay sa injured list si mercado :)

kung team inuuna nila caguioa at helterbrand, retire na. ang lagay e sama sama silang laglag

welcome to the barangay ginebra family jervy cruz. good game. mukhang okay na ang frontline ng ginebra with greg, japeth, jdv, jervy and salva. yung mga guwardya na lang. i think scottie should be given more playing time to build up his confidence. next game against global port. sana manalo ulit para makaakyat sa standings.

May umuugong na RR will be traded for Chris Ellis or Sol Mercado......

Sa akin.. it's better for our future kc kamote na yung Vets natin eh... Ellis parang di alam kung pano maglaro ng basketball..kahit proper shooting technique pangit ang porma... si Sol may mapipiga ka pa pero dapat dito SG na attack ng attack then drop passes to Big's.. JH13,MC47 is done..

that spin move by scottie reminds me of a young and dynamic cyrus baguio.

Magic Number for the twice to beat spot in playoffs is at least 7 wins - 4 more to go (since malabo na ang automatic semifinals with the way SMB, ALASKA and ROS are playing, kanila na yun malamang)

ROS, NLEX, BLACKWATER, TNT, GLOBALPORT

what do you think mga kabarangay? I think only ROS will give us a hard time. 7 wins is feasible to end up at 7-4

Maximize the twin towers. use the guards and wings as 2nd and 3rd options.

Sana magamit ung size advantage. Un ang main weapon na obvious sa lahat. be ready with the guards and wings as option pag ipit ang malalaki. Using the bigs has a bigger chance to score than outside. Pagod nga lang ang mga damulags. hehe.

Kaya nila lahat yang natitira na kalaban.

Magic Number for the twice to beat spot in playoffs is at least 7 wins - 4 more to go (since malabo na ang automatic semifinals with the way SMB, ALASKA and ROS are playing, kanila na yun malamang)

what do you think mga kabarangay? I think only ROS will give us a hard time. 7 wins is feasible to end up at 7-4

Global mas mahirap....romeo is almost a handful para sa mga guards natin...si sol mercado ang makakasabay lang, the rest ala na...kay romeo palang yan...we are not even talking about pringle...na iba na nilalaro ngayon...almost unstoppable na cya...he can get into the lane at will na....pag ganyan baka maubos bigs natin sa kakapasabit ni oringle sa kanila...

Yun froncourt nila...physical maglaro...and magaling sa pick and roll...nandyan pa si billy mamaril...

RoS...other than paul lee( injured pa)... Medyo kakayanin na natin sila,,,parang mirror image lang ng ginebra yan...lamang lang tayo sa bigs...hehehe

TnT...nde ako masyadong bilib sa kanila ngayon..pangit laro nila...karma siguro sa kanila kasi sinwapang si rosario and tautaa eh :)

pafs.. hindi kaswapangan yan... rumors if true they are banking their game para makuha din si Ravena hahahah...di lang kasi kasali sa last draft e.. 1-2-3 pick sana nla.. nyehehehe

unfortunately reports here in katipunan say that kiefer will skip the draft to enable him to join gilas.

reachable ang 7 wins....but the way smb is playing, mahirap alisin sila sa top...

Sayang yung barako game... pero anyway kaya pa yan....

Sa GP naman, they should guard against the outside shot... mahihirapan din sumalaksak si pringle at romeo pag malalaki bantay kaya either perimeter yan or fbreak... aside from perimeter d, we should control the rebounds and ubusin din yung bigs ng globalport

Good to hear that...nagiging trend ata na pag di ako nanonood nananalo... sa alaska di ko napanood 4th qtr, sa meralco at mahindra buong laro.... lahat panalo... hehehe

3.0 na sila sa out of town games nila, 3.0 na sila everytime red ang uniform nila.

Hopefully sa next game nila, kahit na nasa Araneta or MOA sila, at white ang unform nila, they will continue winning. :)

http://contents.spin.ph/image/jervy-cruz-ginebra-mahindra-ascano.jpg

The Ginebra coach believes that Cruz will play an important role in providing relief for starters Greg Slaughter and Japeth Aguilar.

“We think that he can really help by being that extra big man I can rotate in with Greg and Japeth and keep Greg and Japeth fresh,” Cone said.

Cone has high hopes for Cruz, whom he thinks has offensive ability similar to his old Alaska player Bong Hawkins.

“I’m gonna try if we can. If he can imitate Bong he’s gonna be an awesome player. He’s got the ability to shoot the ball and he can post up. He’s versatile. He can play the three or the four and he can even play the five. We’ll find a way to use him. We like him a lot that’s why we traded for him,” Cone added.

Nakita natin ang glimpse ng second lineup ng team. As expected, Marcelo yung weak link ng lineup na yun. Mercado, so and so game.. Pero game changer talaga yung Thompson. Jervy Cruz, steady na steady.

And finally, JDV. Yan na yung bunga ng trades.

The 2nd unit saved the night for the Gins after trailing by 8points in the 3rd quarter, until they led as much as 10 points in the 4th quarter.

The 2nd unit composed of Marcelo, Jervy, JDV, Mercado and Thompson worked good for the team while resting their starters. we'll noticed na malalaki pa din yung line-up kahit wala ang twin towers. sana next time si Nico Salva na lang ang ipalit kay Mercado para lalong lumaki ang line up ng 2nd unit. napapansin ko lumalabas na naman ang pagka bakaw ni mercado, madalas naman sablay.

JDV has a knee injury which he got before the start of the conference that's why he still gaining his confidence back. si LA tenorio? pababa na ang laro nya, wala na yung General leadership nya sa court, hirap na din makakuha ng puntos. Pwede pa ito ma trade hanggat may market value pa...either Jeff Chan, RR Garcia, or Terrence romeo sana para may legit shooter ang Gins... si Chris Ellis? parang hindi nagma matured, ang sama ng tira sa labas, puro palobo kaya ang sama din ng porma. no match ito kay Chris Newsome na kasing athletic nya. si JJ hindi na ginamit, si MC47, ginamit na din pero hindi na madalas which is good for the team, coz they need to realize na more on role players na lang siya at hindi na Go To Guy... Good Debut by Jervy! sulit ang trade natin sa kanya.

12249665_10153847997154758_5979866727693

The 2nd unit saved the night for the Gins after trailing by 8points in the 3rd quarter, until they led as much as 10 points in the 4th quarter.

The 2nd unit composed of Marcelo, Jervy, JDV, Mercado and Thompson worked good for the team while resting their starters. we'll noticed na malalaki pa din yung line-up kahit wala ang twin towers. sana next time si Nico Salva na lang ang ipalit kay Mercado para lalong lumaki ang line up ng 2nd unit. napapansin ko lumalabas na naman ang pagka bakaw ni mercado, madalas naman sablay.

JDV has a knee injury which he got before the start of the conference that's why he still gaining his confidence back. si LA tenorio? pababa na ang laro nya, wala na yung General leadership nya sa court, hirap na din makakuha ng puntos. Pwede pa ito ma trade hanggat may market value pa...either Jeff Chan, RR Garcia, or Terrence romeo sana para may legit shooter ang Gins... si Chris Ellis? parang hindi nagma matured, ang sama ng tira sa labas, puro palobo kaya ang sama din ng porma. no match ito kay Chris Newsome na kasing athletic nya. si JJ hindi na ginamit, si MC47, ginamit na din pero hindi na madalas which is good for the team, coz they need to realize na more on role players na lang siya at hindi na Go To Guy... Good Debut by Jervy! sulit ang trade natin sa kanya.

12249665_10153847997154758_5979866727693

Actually, slight alteration lang paps. Instead na si Mercado ang palitan, si Marcelo na lang. Jervy can play the 5, further stretching the floor. Despite accuracy woes, Mercado is the only one who dares to drive aside from Thompson.

Thompson can play point, Mercado at the 2 spot, then Salva, DeVance, and Cruz.

Both a defensive and offensive lineup, lalo na pag nadevelop si Scottie.

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Alexander, last import to lead Ginebra to PBA title, says he has retired

Chris Alexander, last import to lead Ginebra to PBA title, says he has retired
Chris Alexander considers playing for Ginebra one of the highlights of his basketball career, so much so that he still keeps to this day his playing jersey from that 2008 title campaign.
THE import that steered Ginebra to its last PBA championship has retired from playing international basketball.

Chris Alexander, the nimble seven-footer who led the Gin Kings' run to the title in the 2007-2008 Fiesta Conference, said he was forced to quit basketball at the age of 35 after being diagnosed with a rare illness last April.

“April 22nd of this year I went to the emergency room because I was having severe pain in my chest. They diagnosed me with a rare medical illness,” said Alexander in a short chat with Spin.ph.

“Sarcoidosis, it's a non-contagious illness that can attack every organ in the human body. It also attacks your skin... It attacks your respiratory system and it also makes you very tired and fatigued. So the doctor said that I am no longer able to play basketball anymore,” he added.

Sarcoidosis, according to the website of the Mayo Clinic, is the growth of tiny collections of inflammatory cells in different parts of the body - most commonly the lungs, lymph nodes, eyes and skin.

Alexander bared that he considers playing for Ginebra one of the highlights of his basketball career, so much so that he still keeps to this day his playing jersey from that 2008 title campaign.

“Still to this day I have a burning passion for Ginebra and I always will. All of my basketball jerseys I lose but I never lost my basketball jerseys from the team,” he said.

“Throughout all of the years of me playing and all the locations that I played, I believe that the Philippines is not only the best league I played in but I also believe it's the best country.

“It is just amazing and for that reason I will always consider the Philippines my second home,” added the former Iowa State big man, who also had stints in the Korean Basketball League and in Lebanon.

To this day, Alexander said he still remembers how he felt during his debut with Ginebra as well as the pivotal Game Seven of the 2008 finals against an Air21 Express side led by Ranidel de Ocampo, Gary David and Arwind Santos.

“I still remember my very first game there against Purefoods. Everyone spoke to me about how passionate the fans and how good the team is and I was nervous," he said.

"I remember I had a toothpick in my mouth and I came out of the locker room to prepare to warm up and I almost swallowed my toothpick because I cannot believe that there were so many fans in the stadium rooting for this team.”

After his 2008 stint with Ginebra, Alexander never got the chance to return to Ginebra until 2011 when the pro league brought back the unlimited height format for imports.

But after leading Ginebra to two victories in three outings, management decided to replace Alexander with NBA veteran Jackson Vroman - a decision the American player said hurt him deeply.

“I remember that sad day as if it was just yesterday, it cut my heart and pierced it with knives because I have been dying and dreaming about returning there (Ginebra) for many many years," Alexander said.

"It took a toll on me mentally and it took me a little time to recover from that emotional moment,” he said.

Though he has retired, Alexander said he is still looking forward to returning to the team he has come to love in another capacity.

“Still to this day, I dream about returning to Ginebra as a coach, as a big man coach and show people, other players how to become a true big man that is effective and beneficial to the team."

Alexander is now busy managing his health food restaurant, which he said will soon have a cross-training studio, in his hometown in St. Louis in Missouri. The 35 year old said he plans to open a branch in the Philippines.

Asked about his time with Ginebra's last champion team, Alexander said he is hoping and praying to see the popular ballclub get another title.

From the 15 players in the roster of the 2008 Fiesta conference champion team, only Mark Caguioa and Jayjay Helterbrand are left in the team.

“(I am) both sad and happy because I (am still) the last import to do that for them. However, I know that Mark and JJ may never play (the same) again and I wish that they are able to get one more championship together,” he said.

“I know that all the 'never say die' fans are dying for that championship. I often check up with the team there and I also try to pull and root for them to win another championship,” he said.

• Like (+1) 1