Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

12065903_933358736749707_904540844254698

I would like to say thank you for these 3 brave men for their great effort and NSD attitude, by lowering the gap from 31 points down to 8 points and saving the gins for a possible 1st game humiliating loss with Star Hotshots.

could be jitters...maybe lack of chemistry...but it was a sorry loss. it doesn't mean however that this is the end of the gins' season. sabi nga ni coach tim, what matters is getting better come playoff time. and yes...these 3 gentlemen should be given accolades for their effort last night. as to sol, la, devance, caguioa and helterbrand...mukhang nasa bakasyon pa kayo. hopefully we'll see a different result next game.

Kaya ayaw na ayaw nina Mark at Jayjay ang triangle system dahil sa nakita ninyong laro nila kagabi. The reason why Cariaso sa booted out of Ginebra.

isa lang ang solusyon diyan chief...kailangan magretire na sina caguioa at jj. di ko nga alam kung bakit humirit pa si jj ng isang season. ilang seasons na walang ginagawa ito. age has obviously caught up with him.

• Like (+1) 1

I do not believe na ganung kalakas si mark at jj... as i have said before patrimonio was not able to save jerry from being traded nor danny s in the case of lakay... my point is players do not hold that much influence sa management ng smc teams.... even the great jaworski was replaced (at binastos muna so to speak ng smc when they hired allan w out inform8ng him)....

What i heard was that cariaso was playing the blame game which irked the players... and in my opinion even if walang sisihan, was cariaso was not even doing a good job... stat wise, i think agustin was better in terms of finishing sa isang conference....

Just my 2 cents

I do not believe na ganung kalakas si mark at jj... as i have said before patrimonio was not able to save jerry from being traded nor danny s in the case of lakay... my point is players do not hold that much influence sa management ng smc teams.... even the great jaworski was replaced (at binastos muna so to speak ng smc when they hired allan w out inform8ng him)....

What i heard was that cariaso was playing the blame game which irked the players... and in my opinion even if walang sisihan, was cariaso was not even doing a good job... stat wise, i think agustin was better in terms of finishing sa isang conference....

Just my 2 cents

I didn't see much of the game but could you really say that Japeth increased his basketball IQ? Parang iffy for me pero nakita ko highlights ni Thompson and parang bagay nga sa kanya mag-PG for Ginebra given na iffy yung shooting niya sa NCAA. Sol Mercado's a shadow of himself simula nung nawala siya sa Meralco tbh

I dont get much..yun sinasabing basketball IQ ni japhet...bakit sinabing mababa yun basketball IQ nya? Nakita ng lahat how he played sa gilas...even nun first few games ng ginebra...

It's him failing to capitalize on his given strengths. Never been a good rebounder and settles for jump shots most of the time kasi.

isa lang ang solusyon diyan chief...kailangan magretire na sina caguioa at jj. di ko nga alam kung bakit humirit pa si jj ng isang season. ilang seasons na walang ginagawa ito. age has obviously caught up with him.

Coach Tim shares our observation: "We need more guard play" (...which was not provided by LA, Sol, and Jj)

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-admits-he-wanted-more-from-his-vetbackcourt-we-need-more-guard-play

It's him failing to capitalize on his given strengths. Never been a good rebounder and settles for jump shots most of the time kasi.

Thats why he is very effective sa gilas...big man who can shoot from the outside...if you watch yun mga early ginebra games nya...decent midrange jump shots nya..plus may 3 point range pa...may ilang game winner pa nga sya na 3 pointers eh...even yun latest game nya na nagpanalo sa ginebra...besides pag naglaro pa yan sa loob...masikip na sila ni greg...magpapack in nalang mga bumabantay sa kanila...nde makagalaw ng maige si greg...and it would also make mga cutting plays harder...so i dont think its his basketball IQ...he is more of a SF slash PF...rather than PF slash SF...

If you meant offensive rebounds...well ..prefer nya weak side rebounding...kasi nga sa labas sya nanggaling...his defensive rebounds numbers are decent naman...

i think japeth had matured since his pre-ginebra days... paunti unti pero small positive ways...

Yes...eto ang mas tamang term nya....maturity...masyado syang apektado sa mga calls and sa laro nya( pag pangit simula..gigil na cya)... Much better yun porma nya nun first game nya last sunday....maybe dahil malaking tiwala pinakita sa kanya ni coach tim...

Thats why he is very effective sa gilas...big man who can shoot from the outside...if you watch yun mga early ginebra games nya...decent midrange jump shots nya..plus may 3 point range pa...may ilang game winner pa nga sya na 3 pointers eh...even yun latest game nya na nagpanalo sa ginebra...besides pag naglaro pa yan sa loob...masikip na sila ni greg...magpapack in nalang mga bumabantay sa kanila...nde makagalaw ng maige si greg...and it would also make mga cutting plays harder...so i dont think its his basketball IQ...he is more of a SF slash PF...rather than PF slash SF...

If you meant offensive rebounds...well ..prefer nya weak side rebounding...kasi nga sa labas sya nanggaling...his defensive rebounds numbers are decent naman...

Yes...eto ang mas tamang term nya....maturity...masyado syang apektado sa mga calls and sa laro nya( pag pangit simula..gigil na cya)... Much better yun porma nya nun first game nya last sunday....maybe dahil malaking tiwala pinakita sa kanya ni coach tim...

Well siguro nga he matured but lemme point out some of the things you've stated.

First of all, he wasn't overtly effective sa Gilas. Kaya nga di din siya babad eh. He plays the same game as RDO's pero RDO is way more effective. Calling him consistent with his longballs would be a farce.

Second, since you've pointed out that he's a "tweener", mas lalong mahirap yun. He can't be a tweener. He can't play SF in Ginebra kasi may Chris Ellis (which is also ineffective) and, again, di siya consistent sa shooting niya. He can't play PF kasi nga sabi mo he clogs the paint with Greg. So paano ang tamang galawan for Japeth?

To be quite honest, the best Japeth could do is be a center in a small ball rotation. Thing is that Tim Cone isn't a small ball guy and the guards of Ginebra are very erratic, not to mention ballhogs themselves.

Well, paglipat ni CTC sa Ginebra, naiset naman ang expectation natin na hindi yun instantly translated into a championship. So konting pasensya pa, mga kabarangay. Nakapaghintay nga tayo ng 8 years, ano ba naman yung ilang games pa?

Another insider info.

Hindi matutuloy ang Jervy Cruz trade. Not for Marcelo, not for Mariano.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

Just remembered another pass first guard. Eugene quilban. Matagal tagal na din ako hindi nakakakita ng player na naka 15 plus assists in a game. I hope magawa ni scottie minsan. Sana mabigyan ng mas mahabang playing time. Ipamigay na lang si jj plus cash sa tatanggap na team haha.

Yup...eugene quilban was a very good pg... i saw how he took johnny a to school during their amateur days...after winning a championship w alaska, he got traded dahil yata sa comment nya na he wanted to play for jawo...during that time, fresh pa sa pba memory yung paras na almost sat out an entire season just to play for ginebra too... i think alaska did not want that problem kahit na interview comment lang yun ni quilban, pero they easily traded him kasi johnny a ang ma draft nila...

Not to sure but eugene's career did not flourish under pepsi and he had too many alleged controversies outside the court... he tried to make a comeback pero i think di rin nag work out

Edited by *kalel*

Yup...eugene quilban was a very good pg... i saw how he took johnny a to school during their amateur days...after winning a championship w alaska, he got traded dahil yata sa comment nya na he wanted to play for jawo...during that time, fresh pa sa pba memory yung paras na almost sat out an entire season just to play for ginebra too... i think alaska did not want that problem kahit na interview comment lang yun ni quilban, pero they easily traded him kasi johnny a ang ma draft nila...

Not to sure but eugene's career did not flourish under pepsi and he had too many alleged controversies outside the court... he tried to make a comeback pero i think di rin nag work out

He still holds the record for most assists in a game. 28 assist yun. Akala ko it will be unbreakable pero parang kaya i break ni scottie. Ang lalaki ng mga papasahan nya eh hehe.