Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Per player agent Danny Espiritu while players like Mallari have expired contracts and are considered as free agent, parang restricted pa rin sila as the team they last played for have their rights (of first refusal). Now assuming bibitiwan nila ang rights nila over the said player, he said that non sister teams will have the priority to negotiate/sign these players. This is in line with the no direct trade allowed for sister team kasi nga naman its a convenient way to circumvent the rule wherein you allow your player's contract to expire then may gentleman's deal kayo na ililipat siya sa sister team at doon na maglalaro. Assuming walang interested, then the sister team can now sign the player.

Unfortunately, kung mga tulad ni Mallari at Ian ang pakakawalan, tiyak maguunahan ang mga ibang teams na sunggabin yan. Kaya the best pa rin to move these players is to look for a 3rd team to facilitate the trade.

so, in the pba, we can now assume that there is no such thing as a "restricted free agent" (where the mother team can match the offer of another team) and an "unrestricted free agent" (where one can simply sign with any team upon the expiration of his contract). if a pba player is a free agent, walang distinction. automatically the mother team has the "right of first refusal" just like the paul lee case na ayaw pakawalan ng RoS. walang nagawa si paul lee kundi pumirma sa RoS. honestly, i find this a bit illogical because a player who has an expired contract cannot just simply sign a new contract with a new team without the consent/acquiescence of his mother team...bottom line, nakatali siya sa mother team? i would understand if this was used in bad faith, like a player from the mvp team purposely had his contract expire, the signs with another mvp team, then that would clearly be circumventing the rule.

anyway, i think it will be chris newsome for ginebra in the 1st round.

This article may be good news to you .... http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-ginebra-basketball-work-practice-new-season

Papapirmahin raw si Urbiztondo so for the meantime safe daw siya although pwede pa rin naman mai-trade after. Pero knowing that he's one player who've played for CTC before, baka i-retain yan.

Si Marcelo ang hinahanapan daw ng trade ... gusto nila si KG

SI Eman, nanganganib kasi may mga interested teams daw. Sa tingin ko kung makakakuha ng wings for Eman baka i-consider na maitrade yan.

i think the only reason why marcelo was taken in is because he is a frankie lim boy. other than that, i don't see any reason why he was traded to ginebra. i'd take "billy mams" or jr reyes over marcelo any day of the week.

as for eman, sayang kung mai-trade siya. this player, while standing at 5'7" (?) is an energy/impact guy...someone who you'd put in the game para magising yung mga natutulog niyang kasama. if jj indeed retires, maybe there could still be some room for eman in the team. ito ang isang player sa ginebra na may "puso".

PBA Trade Rumors:

TNT's Jimmy Alapag for Blackwater's Larry Rodriguez, Jimmy Alapag to be traded again to Meralco for Mike Cortez and James Sena. NOTE: Jimmy Alapag will be coming out of retirement.

Ginebra's Emman Monfort for BlackWater's 2nd round pick.

Ginebra's Dave Marcelo for NLEX' KG Canaleta.

Star Hotshot's Alex Mallari for Barako's Dylan Ababou+future pick. Ginebra's Jens Knuttle+Josh Urbiztondo for the

rights of Alex Mallari.

very interesting...kung totoo ito, mukhang inaayos na ni coach tim ang kanyang mga gustong players. kailan naman kaya si mac "takbong mayaman" baracael? :P :P :P

first to pick ba ang blackwater sa 2nd round?

Edited by junix

so, in the pba, we can now assume that there is no such thing as a "restricted free agent" (where the mother team can match the offer of another team) and an "unrestricted free agent" (where one can simply sign with any team upon the expiration of his contract). if a pba player is a free agent, walang distinction. automatically the mother team has the "right of first refusal" just like the paul lee case na ayaw pakawalan ng RoS. walang nagawa si paul lee kundi pumirma sa RoS. honestly, i find this a bit illogical because a player who has an expired contract cannot just simply sign a new contract with a new team without the consent/acquiescence of his mother team...bottom line, nakatali siya sa mother team? i would understand if this was used in bad faith, like a player from the mvp team purposely had his contract expire, the signs with another mvp team, then that would clearly be circumventing the rule.

anyway, i think it will be chris newsome for ginebra in the 1st round.

I think the right of first refusal rule is the same as being classified as a restricted free agent ...because the RFA's mother team can match whatever offer he can get from other teams and retain his services. If the player won't sign then his mother team still retain the rights over him. The catch here is that the tender offer (which is equivalent to the "qualifying offer" in the nba should at least be more than one year for the mother team to retain its right of first refusal. If the tender offer is only 1 year then the mother team does not have the RFR.

Players who have played for 6 yrs automatically becomes unrestricted free agents when their contract expires and their mother team has no RFR

Edited by rooster69ph

I think the right of first refusal rule is the same as being classified as a restricted free agent ...because the RFA's mother team can match whatever offer he can get from other teams and retain his services. If the player won't sign then his mother team still retain the rights over him. The catch here is that the tender offer (which is equivalent to the "qualifying offer" in the nba should at least be more than one year for the mother team to retain its right of first refusal. If the tender offer is only 1 year then the mother team does not have the RFR.

Players who have played for 6 yrs automatically becomes unrestricted free agents when their contract expires and their mother team has no RFR

so a player becomes an UFA only after his contract has expired AND has played 6 years with his mother team. did i get this right? so in the case of sanggalang this does not apply having only played with purefoods for only 3 years?

Getting someting for nothing.... dapat mag comeback si chito loyzaga then trade him for sangalang via red bull hehehehe

This should be vetoed....

Who in the right mind would allow this silliness?

Sabagay they might be the same person who allowed the trade of rodriguez for the number 1 pick of blackwater din....

i don't know but my inner instinct tells me that mvp and company are cooking up something fishy or another of those highly questionable transactions. paging kume...pakisilip nga ng mabuti :P :P :P

Trade news. DISCLAIMER: NOT YET 100% sure. May chances pang makuryente.

ALEX MALLARI TO GINEBRA.

RR GARCIA TO STAR.

JOSH URBIZTONDO / EMMAN MONFORT TO BARAKO.

DAVE MARCELO TO NLEX.

KG CANALETA TO GINEBRA.

Pag nagkataong natuloy to, solved ang SG/SF problems ng Barangay.

i don't know but my inner instinct tells me that mvp and company are cooking up something fishy or another of those highly questionable transactions. paging kume...pakisilip nga ng mabuti :P :P :P

Actually, they are.

If, TNT gets both Tautuua and Rosario in this year's draft, then can start the rebuilding phase right away.

Looking forward to 2017. Let me remind you of the potential draft superstar in that batch: KIEFER RAVENA.

Now, imagine those three in the same team, backed up by Castro and Rosser.

Scary thought. They can finish rebuilding in what, a year?

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

I dont know about the rules but how can you trade a player who is not even a part of the roster because he is the manager? Di ba dapat maging official roster player muna siya bago mai - trade? papano magiging official player ng roster si Alapag eh off season??

So pwede ko pala I trade si Alvin Patrimonio sa Barako Bull kung gugustuhin?

kalokohan kung pano na approve yun ng PBA!

OnT:

"Trade news. DISCLAIMER: NOT YET 100% sure. May chances pang makuryente.

ALEX MALLARI TO GINEBRA.
RR GARCIA TO STAR.

DAVE MARCELO TO NLEX.
KG CANALETA TO GINEBRA."

Sayang mapapamigay pa si Monfort, kuna ngayon sana nag retire si JJ, baka hindi na siya na trade.

Mas di hamak na efficient pa si Monfort kesa kay JJ.

With Marcelo gone and Pena as the only remaining backup, I think Tim now will go to a big player in the draft, even makuha si Sanggalang, kulang pa rin ng isang big backup.

A lot of players (veteran) na mawawalan/pwede mawalan ng Team next season.

Sino kaya ang bagay sa Brgy?

Two-time MVPs among PBA veterans who face losing jobs as talented rookies come in

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/15-high-caliber-young-players-expected-for-the#KXe3j1PabZ0IEwPm.99

Two-time MVPs Willie Miller and Danny Ildefonso are among those who face being disenfranchised

With the return of Rabeh Al-Hussaini and the possible acquisition of free agent big man Justin Chua, a former back-up center of coach Norman Black at Ateneo, chances of Ildefonso returning to the Bolts look dimmer
So far, Meralco has not worked on renewals of the contracts of their 11 expirees

Other veterans whose contracts will likely not be renewed by their respective teams are Sunday Salvacion, Paul Artadi and Eddie Laure of Blackwater, Leo Avenido and Rich Alvarez of Kia (now Mahindra Enforcers), and Barako’s Ronnie Matias, Bonbon Custodio and Isaac Holstein.

Don Allado of the Star Hotshots, John Ferriols and Mark Macapagal of Meralco and Ginebra’s Dorian Pena.

A lot of players (veteran) na mawawalan/pwede mawalan ng Team next season.

Sino kaya ang bagay sa Brgy?

Two-time MVPs among PBA veterans who face losing jobs as talented rookies come in

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/15-high-caliber-young-players-expected-for-the#KXe3j1PabZ0IEwPm.99

Two-time MVPs Willie Miller and Danny Ildefonso are among those who face being disenfranchised

With the return of Rabeh Al-Hussaini and the possible acquisition of free agent big man Justin Chua, a former back-up center of coach Norman Black at Ateneo, chances of Ildefonso returning to the Bolts look dimmer

So far, Meralco has not worked on renewals of the contracts of their 11 expirees

Other veterans whose contracts will likely not be renewed by their respective teams are Sunday Salvacion, Paul Artadi and Eddie Laure of Blackwater, Leo Avenido and Rich Alvarez of Kia (now Mahindra Enforcers), and Barakos Ronnie Matias, Bonbon Custodio and Isaac Holstein.

Don Allado of the Star Hotshots, John Ferriols and Mark Macapagal of Meralco and Ginebras Dorian Pena.

Kunin si Ildefonso and si Macapagal. Macapagal is a deadly shooter, and Lakay can mentor both Aguilar and Slaughter.

I dont know if these are worth our time kasi galing kay dbuzzketball, anyways, im still sharing these series of tweets for some comments and speculation discussion if any.

mukhang eto na nga yung sabi mo bro KK about Marcelo, urbiztondo and Monfort. At nadagdag si Pena sa usapan.

1. buzzketball @dbuzzketball
    Source says gport wanting to get a big man whose name is a filipino fruit.. & another player who used to be a protegee of coach pido. True?
  2. He is rumored he"ll be traded but it seems he will stay bec the coach wants him and will not allow him to be traded. You are safE,____ ____!

3. It seems really inevitable... pba player I will soon find himself transferred to a new team, but in exchange for whom?

1 retweet6 favorites
  4. fresh...PBA players J and J will soon find themselves reunited with their college coach who now handles a PBAteam. Negotiations are ongoing

Edited by daphne loves derby

I dont know if these are worth our time kasi galing kay dbuzzketball, anyways, im still sharing these series of tweets for some comments and speculation discussion if any.

mukhang eto na nga yung sabi mo bro KK about Marcelo, urbiztondo and Monfort. At nadagdag si Pena sa usapan.

• 45]

buzzketball @dbuzzketball

Source says gport wanting to get a big man whose name is a filipino fruit.. & another player who used to be a protegee of coach pido. True?

•  

45]

45]

77ea65e9404c7c91dbb9218e6f5235a4_bigger.buzzketball@dbuzzketball 1h1 hour ago

He is rumored he"ll be traded but it seems he will stay bec the coach wants him and will not allow him to be traded. You are safE,____ ____!

• 45]

45]

It seems really inevitable... pba player I will soon find himself transferred to a new team, but in exchange for whom?

1 retweet6 favorites

• 45]

45]

fresh...PBA players J and J will soon find themselves reunited with their college coach who now handles a PBAteam. Negotiations are ongoing

#1 - this must be the rumored peña and fortuna transfer to global port.

#2 - si LA kaya ito?

#3 - ?

#4 - j and j? di kaya sina fortuna at teng ito...reuniting with coach pido, their college coach.

I dont know about the rules but how can you trade a player who is not even a part of the roster because he is the manager? Di ba dapat maging official roster player muna siya bago mai - trade? papano magiging official player ng roster si Alapag eh off season??

So pwede ko pala I trade si Alvin Patrimonio sa Barako Bull kung gugustuhin?

kalokohan kung pano na approve yun ng PBA!

OnT:

"Trade news. DISCLAIMER: NOT YET 100% sure. May chances pang makuryente.

ALEX MALLARI TO GINEBRA.

RR GARCIA TO STAR.

DAVE MARCELO TO NLEX.

KG CANALETA TO GINEBRA."

Sayang mapapamigay pa si Monfort, kuna ngayon sana nag retire si JJ, baka hindi na siya na trade.

Mas di hamak na efficient pa si Monfort kesa kay JJ.

With Marcelo gone and Pena as the only remaining backup, I think Tim now will go to a big player in the draft, even makuha si Sanggalang, kulang pa rin ng isang big backup.

correct chief...kung ngayong darating na season sana magretire si jj malamang di ipapamigay si eman.