Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/tim-cone-jason-webb-purefoods-star-ginebra-pba-basketball-coaching-swap-frankie-lim

ginebra fans have waited for 8 (?) long years coach...we won't mind waiting for a few conferences more to see the goal of becoming champions again come into fruition :)

richavady @barangayginebra coach Tim Cone said he's excited to find out how @47markcaguioa @chrisellis34 and d other players can respond as he comes in. He hopes everyone will buy in to his system

Mukhang wala pang immediate trades.

the end is near for tim cone's coaching career. lol. :P

huwag naman sana mauwi sa kangConengan. #neversaydie

napapansin ko lang, puro walang kwenta or sense yung mga posts mo dito sa thread ng Ginebra. umaga, hapon hanggang gabi kung saan saan ko nakikita ang post mo sa MTC. doon ka na lang magpadami ng posts sa ibang thread at huwag na dito sa thread ng Barangay! :angry2:

• Like (+1) 1

I think AVO is as tall or taller than RDO and JDV...plus with leaping ability like that of japhet...he should be one of the better big men of the future..

Chief KK...any scoop sa player movement? Dami nang excited hehehe

avo is around 6 9..it will not hurt if we will have him..greg at c,avo at pf and japhet at sf.....ang sarap balasahin. you can have height at any given time.

napapansin ko lang, puro walang kwenta or sense yung mga posts mo dito sa thread ng Ginebra. umaga, hapon hanggang gabi kung saan saan ko nakikita ang post mo sa MTC. doon ka na lang magpadami ng posts sa ibang thread at huwag na dito sa thread ng Barangay! :angry2:

kuyugin na natin chief...di nababagay yang mga ganyang posters dito sa thread natin hehehe seriously though, pabayaan na lang natin. sigurado akong walang thread na sinusulatan yan tsk tsk tsk i'm not even thinking of stooping down to the level of this moron :P :P :P

Another update from TC:

Imports this season have to be able to play WITH Japeth and Greg.

Expect smaller, faster imports this time around - probably to compensate the lack of outside gunners.

I smell a Gabe Freeman return. Lolz.

this is what i want to watch...the twin towers and the import playing together...something the previous coaches did not even bother to do.

nope...inside operator si avo. as i stated before, ang laro ni troy ay hawig sa laro ni ranidel.

yes avo was more of a post-up player...medyo erratic pa nga ang outside shooting nito while he was in la salle, but compensates it with his inside plays, while troy could shoot the lights from outside even sa 3-point area.

Wow solid. Ask ko lang parehas b laro ni AVO at Rosario? Parang mas accurate ang shooting ni Troy. Tama po b?

Di hamak na mas magaling si Troy compared kay AVO.

Walang perimeter game si AVO and still needs to improve on his post game para sabihin kaya na niya makipagsabayan sa bigs ng PBA

Parang alang lasalista dito ah...hehehe ...anyways si AVO....just think of a bigger hodge...sipag sa loob..mataas ang talon...talon ng talon...mas magaling sumalaksak sa loob kesa kay japhet...in other words good qualities for a good PF...if tim can make pingirs develop good low post moves...just imagine what he can do to AVO....

PERO....baka malabo natin makukuha yan....both norbert and AVO..might be gone before our to to pick...

My mock draft...

Tautaa/rosario

3. AVO

4. Torres

Assuming rayray is gonna stay and opt to play sa NBA D league...with the ginkings pick...at 5...mukhang si lanete/newsome/thompson. Etc...talaga ang makukuha natin....

Either makipagtrade tayo sa RoS/meralco...or magpadraft si rayray...

Oh...before i forget...dont feed the troll....

Parang alang lasalista dito ah...hehehe ...anyways si AVO....just think of a bigger hodge...sipag sa loob..mataas ang talon...talon ng talon...mas magaling sumalaksak sa loob kesa kay japhet...in other words good qualities for a good PF...if tim can make pingirs develop good low post moves...just imagine what he can do to AVO....

PERO....baka malabo natin makukuha yan....both norbert and AVO..might be gone before our to to pick...

My mock draft...

Tautaa/rosario

3. AVO

4. Torres

Assuming rayray is gonna stay and opt to play sa NBA D league...with the ginkings pick...at 5...mukhang si lanete/newsome/thompson. Etc...talaga ang makukuha natin....

Either makipagtrade tayo sa RoS/meralco...or magpadraft si rayray...

Oh...before i forget...dont feed the troll....

what if scenario: what if we trade 2 players for the 2nd pick of kia and with that pick we trade it to alaska for abueva? sa atin pa din ang 5th pick so we can still have a decent player. tapos we will have room for mallari and sanggalang. crazy talk lang hehe. abueva and sanggalang reunited? ang lupet sana hehe. pinatubo duo hehe.mas maganda sa scenario na to if magretire na si jj hehe.
  • Like (+1) 1

what if scenario: what if we trade 2 players for the 2nd pick of kia and with that pick we trade it to alaska for abueva? sa atin pa din ang 5th pick so we can still have a decent player. tapos we will have room for mallari and sanggalang. crazy talk lang hehe. abueva and sanggalang reunited? ang lupet sana hehe. pinatubo duo hehe.mas maganda sa scenario na to if magretire na si jj hehe.

i'll have to agree on the last statement - "magretire na si jj"...liability na din kasi sa depensa si jj.

For the triangle and roster improvements, we need shooters and better defenders right?

aside from Mallari and Sanggalang na free agents, these 2 have also expiring contracts where CTC can take a look at;

> Chris Tiu - Wala pang go signal sa contract extension nya sa ROS, pag di daw sya na sign, mag reretire na. Tim Cone loves big guards (as mallari and duremdes stated). Tiu's defense greatly improved in ROS, plus he is a reliable 3pt shooter. Parang olsen lang, his lack of athleticism is covered by consistent shooting, good passing skills and high basketball IQ.

> Chris Banchero - I had a feeling kaya isang season lang ang pinirmahan nito sa Alaska dati is hihingi ng raise come his 2nd year. True enough, I think he deserved it. With his tenacity on defense and fearless drives na nakuha sa Alaska, bagay sa larong ginebra din. Konting improvement sa outside shooting and I think, he can be our Melton. Mataas din tumalon to.

I think signing free agents are better options than trades because of diff. conditions attached.

Edited by daphne loves derby

eto na naman po sya:

The Tim Cone to Ginebra storm is almost over. Time to plant the next bomb. Stand by @spinph

ilang beses na tayong nakuryente diyan :lol: :lol: :lol:

cliff hodge?

chief, sino naman kaya ang gustong kunin ng meralco kapalit kay hodge? japeth? greg? libre naman mangarap si mr. pangilinan eh tsk tsk tsk if we read the reports, i think coach tim will try to work on what he has right now...sabi nga niya baka 2nd or 3rd conference pa ang mga trades.

Pinatubo trio pa rin, kasi kababayan nila si Japeth, remember? Hahaha. Yun nga lang sa States na highschool.

i'll have to agree on the last statement - "magretire na si jj"...liability na din kasi sa depensa si jj.

I have to painfully agree kahit na idol ko si JJ.

ilang beses na tayong nakuryente diyan :lol: :lol: :lol:

chief, sino naman kaya ang gustong kunin ng meralco kapalit kay hodge? japeth? greg? libre naman mangarap si mr. pangilinan eh tsk tsk tsk if we read the reports, i think coach tim will try to work on what he has right now...sabi nga niya baka 2nd or 3rd conference pa ang mga trades.

True. After all, alam ni Cone ang dominance ng Ginebra sa AFC. Nagcocollapse lang pagdating ng semis.

For the news:

MANILA – New Ginebra coach Tim Cone on Thursday vowed to leave his former team Star Hotshots (Purefoods) untouched amid speculation that he might seek trades between the two teams.

Cone is expected to bring his own system of play to Ginebra and this might require a few players from Star to pull off.

But the coach said he would not do anything to break down what he has built with the Hotshots.

“For me to go and take a bunch of players from the Hotshots and move to Ginebra, that will potentially damage the Hotshots,” said Cone during the press conference announcing his transfer to the Gin Kings.

He added that the San Miguel Corporation, which controls Ginebra, Purefoods and San Miguel, would not do anything to harm any of its teams.

“This whole decision if I may say is an organizational decision. It’s not me moving… it’s an organization trying to do the best of the organization,” he stressed.

“It’s not about we want Ginebra to be good and make Purefoods bad. No, we feel that Purefoods is in a good spot right now, they’re in good place.”

Purefoods won five PBA championships, including a Grand Slam, in his five-year tenure as coach.

Cone is a proponent of the triangle offense, a style of play he is expected to bring to Ginebra.

This is why sports analysts expect the coach to move some of his Star players to Ginebra to make it easier to maneuver the triangle.

“I’m pretty sure there will be [a transfer of players],” PBA commentator Charlie Cuna earlier said on ANC’s Hardball.

“How these transfers will be effected, it’s hard to say… Surely, Tim Cone will have to enter that situation and not with a whole bunch of guys who are not familiar with the triangle. We know he’s going to use the triangle as his system.”

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami
  • Like (+1) 3

Hmn....dont want abueva do be a ginking....sorry...

Hehehe....ayan na naman si snow....hodge? Bakit pa? Kahit pa para kina ellis or barracael...( pero pwede kung yun draft pick nila hehe)

Looks like tim cone is very confident sa bagong team nya....malakas feeling ko....atin na ang AFC :)