Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

sa totoo lang hindi maganda yung ililipat si tim cone sa ginebra tama yung article,napaka impatient ng ginebra. we have to wait for the team to gel and to work like a machine. parang manufactured ang dating if we are forcing pieces that is not really fit for the team just to win a title. sayang lang at hindi binigyan ng mas mahabang pagkakataon si frankie lim. ibig ba sabihin kung di mag champion ginebra under kay cone this afc eh tatanggalin din sya agad agad...i love ginebra pero sana wag pinapattern sa san miguel o hotshots.

Eto yung inaabangan kong next big news pagbalik ni Cone galing US:

Sources said a revamp of the Ginebra lineup is also forthcoming as Cone puts the pieces together on a team that will have three months to adopt to his triangle offense.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-is-new-ginebra-coach-confirms-ramon-ang-smb-big-boss-transfer-jason-webb-star-purefoods-frankie-lim#wRBiF3zQayQ7dD26.99

Sino sino ang matutuluyan na? Si LA? Si Baracael? O yung mga bench warmers?

Holy $#!t.

I just realized. Kaya siguro hindi pa pumipirma ng contract extension si Ian Sanggalang.

Sya siguro ang hatak ni CTC sa Gins. Bye Marcelo. :D

greg, japeth, sanggalang and brondial to form ginebra's frontline? pwede!!! :D

Edited by junix

Changing the coach every conference is an idiot idea. I hope they stick with Tim Cone this time or at least for a year or so...

ramon ang has given tim cone 2 years...at least that's what the report says. matagal nang naghintay ang ginebra at ang mga sumusuporta dito. i don't think 2 years to see the results of such change will be too much for the ka-barangay.

Should be interesting for us ginebra fans...also i dont think it'll be a big adjustment for the players....remember cariaso coached them or at least familiarize the players on the triangle...plus tim bringing in some of his players...hey...AFC championship is a possibility :)

Btw is AVO declaring for the draft? He is the type of player tim likes...bigger, taller version of pingris....im still thinking of pj simon/ maliksi instead of sanggalang ang dala ni tim eh

mas okay din kung makuha ni RSA si Yeng Guiao, if the price is right... pwede sila mag partner ni Tim Cone sa Ginebra, pero magiging assistant muna si Yeng ni Tim. :D

Throwback Monday:

11752425_1147722038578255_87879751036297

The only 3 MVPs of Ginebra franchise 1979-2015 Menk 2004-2005 Jayjay 2008-2009 Caguioa 2012.

nanghihinayang ako kay Menk, sana kinuha ulit siya ng Gins, he is also a Center and big at pwede

pa pamalit kay Greg kesa naman kay Marcelo. kung na consider ulit siya sana dito na siya magre retire sa barangay.

Let eric retire in a gins uniform!

ramon ang has given tim cone 2 years...at least that's what the report says. matagal nang naghintay ang ginebra at ang mga sumusuporta dito. i don't think 2 years to see the results of such change will be too much for the ka-barangay.

Tim Cone is a great coach, I hope our team gets the motivation they need to be competitive again.

• Like (+1) 1

so i think the draft pick of Tim will be based also on the roster move/line up changes kung sino ang mawawala at magiging kulang na posisyon. We badly needed shooters for the triangle.

Ang, however, was quick to temper expectations, saying he expects Ginebra to be a 'formidable team' under Cone but warning that success won't come overnight.

"Ginebra is expected to become a formidable team, but I would like to manage the expectations of fans in the first two years," said the SMC big boss. "Di ganoon kabililis 'yan."

Cone, owner of a record 18 championships, is expected to bring with him longtime assistant Richard del Rosario to the Ginebra camp, where assistant coaches Olsen Racela and Freddie Abuda will likely be retained.

Ito ang pina ka the best sa move niya:

Cone is expected to get blanket authority at Ginebra and full support from Ang, who said he wants to see the league's most popular team match, if not surpass, the success of sister teams San Miguel and Star in recent seasons.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Menk started out sa Tanduay

Yes I remember he was with Fil-Sham, Alvarado, who formed the formidable duo of Tanduay.

Menk arrived in the Philippine basketball scene in 1997 when he played for Tanduay in the Philippine BasketballLeague. Of course, he quickly made an impact in the PBL being the first Rookie of the Year Awardee and Most Valuable Player Awardee. Aside from that, he also won two more Most Valuable Player Awards and piloted the TanduayRhum Masters to a couple of championships. Along with collegiate stars Chris Cantonjos, Mark Telan, and role players Jomer Rubi, Aldrin Morante and Bobby Jose, the Rhum Masters won numerous PBL titles during Menk's career. During his final PBL conference, Menk and Blu Detergent's Asi Taulava was considered as one of the best rivalries at the time.