Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

the charm of ginebra is that they will win 1 championship and then go to a title drought again. yan ang cycle ng ginebra....hindi na ginebra yun kung mag grandslam in my opinion. kaya nakakarelate ang masa sa ginebra. ginebra may not have a winning tradition but what they have is the never say die attitude.

.http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/a6fd17b0-81d1-11e4-b900-a32d708a8a4e_20141211_NPPA-CBD_00361056.jpg

Medyo alanganin ako sa isang balitang ito... Lalo na't hindi pa daw kinakausap ni RSA si CFL.

San Miguel Corp. (SMC) executives are tight-lipped on the future of coach Tim Cone and Ginebra.

Both Star governor Rene Pardo and Ginebra governor Alfrancis Chua declined to comment on the situation regarding the latest San Miguel coaching carousel on Friday.

“I don’t have clearance to talk about coach Tim Cone yet,” said Pardo, while Chua said, “Let’s talk on Tuesday,” as he made a quick exit after the 2015 Annual Leo Awards at Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Cone will return to the country on Tuesday, July 21, after a scouting trip to the Las Vegas Summer League. – Randolph B. Leongson, INQUIRER.net

.http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/a6fd17b0-81d1-11e4-b900-a32d708a8a4e_20141211_NPPA-CBD_00361056.jpg

Medyo alanganin ako sa isang balitang ito... Lalo na't hindi pa daw kinakausap ni RSA si CFL.

San Miguel Corp. (SMC) executives are tight-lipped on the future of coach Tim Cone and Ginebra.

Both Star governor Rene Pardo and Ginebra governor Alfrancis Chua declined to comment on the situation regarding the latest San Miguel coaching carousel on Friday.

“I don’t have clearance to talk about coach Tim Cone yet,” said Pardo, while Chua said, “Let’s talk on Tuesday,” as he made a quick exit after the 2015 Annual Leo Awards at Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Cone will return to the country on Tuesday, July 21, after a scouting trip to the Las Vegas Summer League. – Randolph B. Leongson, INQUIRER.net

sa tuesday pa darating si tim cone, natural lang na sa tuesday pa siya pwede makausap ng formal at FTF ng team owner ng SMC, just to give respect na din kay TIm, na dapat ipaalam muna sa kanya in person kung ano plano ng SMC at kunin ang saloobin nya, after that once everything is in place at okay na din kay Tim, Al Chua will announce the transfer on that same day... let's just wait for the announcement on July 21, 2015.

sa tuesday pa darating si tim cone, natural lang na sa tuesday pa siya pwede makausap ng formal at FTF ng team owner ng SMC, just to give respect na din kay TIm, na dapat ipaalam muna sa kanya in person kung ano plano ng SMC at kunin ang saloobin nya, after that once everything is in place at okay na din kay Tim, Al Chua will announce the transfer on that same day... let's just wait for the announcement on July 21, 2015.

What I mean to say chief is, ano mangyayari kay CFL once this is made official? Mattransfer ba sya sa Star? Or game over, totally?

What I mean to say chief is, ano mangyayari kay CFL once this is made official? Mattransfer ba sya sa Star? Or game over, totally?

Tinanggal na si CFL. Si JW ang ginawang coach ng Starr. Sa lineup nga nila they need a 3 or 4 position. And dpt cguro mag retire na c helterbrand.

Tinanggal na si CFL. Si JW ang ginawang coach ng Starr. Sa lineup nga nila they need a 3 or 4 position. And dpt cguro mag retire na c helterbrand.

I beg to disagree, sir. As far as the insider info I have is concerned, that is the main problem. RSA has not approached CFL about this carousel. As far as JJ is concerned, no retirement announcements yet.

Okay lang na mag stay muna si jayjay. Konti na lang din naman playing time nya. Gusto ko mawala si boy dabog. Ang haba ng playing time, napaka inconsistent naman. May emman monfort naman and sol mercado na kaya gawin mga ginagawa nya. Dami rin guards sa team na to, hindi kawalan pag mai-trade ito.

Wag muna grandslam...baka magsawa agad ang mga ginebra fans hehehe....pero gustong gusto kong masungkit nila ang all filipino...kahit all filipino lang

i agree chief...baby steps lang muna. but at the end of the day, ang ultimate goal is a grandslam.

Okay lang na mag stay muna si jayjay. Konti na lang din naman playing time nya. Gusto ko mawala si boy dabog. Ang haba ng playing time, napaka inconsistent naman. May emman monfort naman and sol mercado na kaya gawin mga ginagawa nya. Dami rin guards sa team na to, hindi kawalan pag mai-trade ito.

Yung pagdadabog ni LA on that Alaska game was more of frustration. Had the opportunity to talk to him personally on his birthday, and masama rin ang loob nya na naging panget yung breaks of the game para sa kanila, not to mention the entire season. And with Alfrancis Chua being the head of Basketball Ops ng SMC, malabo lalo matrade yang bata nya.

i agree chief...baby steps lang muna. but at the end of the day, ang ultimate goal is a grandslam.

Gusto ko rin na makuha nila yang AFC. Para walang masabi yung mga taga kabila na asa tayo sa import.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami
  • Like (+1) 1

if ever one conference lang ang contract ni CFL sa Ginebra, malamang tanggal na sya, pero kung one year ang contract nya, pwede pa siya maging part ng coaching staff ng Gins or baka ilipat siya sa ibang teams ng SMC. pero kahit na one year ang contract nya with GSM, if ever may clause doon sa contract na kapag hindi maganda ang naging performance nya ay pwede syang alisin, eh game over na din sa career nya sa PBA... Hindi din kasi naging maganda yung results ng revamp nya sa team ng Ginebra, nag trade sya kay mamaril in favor or marcelo, pinamigay nya si Forrester at Ababou sa BB para sa 1st round pick nila eh naging pang 5th pick ang kinalabasan ng balik ng trade sa natin, eh di sana sa Blackwater or Kia na lang siya nakipag trade ng players. plus yung involvement nya kay Abueva kung saan bigla nag spark ng rally ang Alaska at nanalo sila kahit lamang tayo ng 18 points, at Na suspend pa siya at nag multa ng 50K which was also a sign of not a professional coach. nagbigay pa siya ng statement na he wants a championship for Ginebra, eh nung elimination round nga lang, katakot takot na dasal ang inabot natin para lang talunin ng ibang teams yung kalaban nilang team para makapasok ang Gins sa playoffs due to quotient system.

I think the common denominator among cone and guiao...is dapat hands off yun management sa decision nila...alang pwedeng umepal...w/c i think ginawa naman ng SMC kay CFL... Kaso medyo sablay lang yun mga diskarte ni FL eh...pinakamalaki IMO...was yun pagtrade nya kay yeo...dahil lang nde nya kasundo yun tao...moreso than the trades with marcelo and mamaril....

Yung pagdadabog ni LA on that Alaska game was more of frustration. Had the opportunity to talk to him personally on his birthday, and masama rin ang loob nya na naging panget yung breaks of the game para sa kanila, not to mention the entire season. And with Alfrancis Chua being the head of Basketball Ops ng SMC, malabo lalo matrade yang bata nya.

Gusto ko rin na makuha nila yang AFC. Para walang masabi yung mga taga kabila na asa tayo sa import.

For me...bragging rights ng kahit anong team yun masungkit ang AFC....dapat ito ang targetin ng ginebra...oo nga pala...when was the last time na nagchampion ang ginebra sa AFC?

i followed this boy's development with ateneo...he formed a deadly duo with kiefer ravena. magaling yung bata. ballhandling, shooting, can hit the boards being a high leaper, energetic guy. not a bad choice if he is really ginebra's pick. imo, this kid is even better than ellis.

Chris newsome..= jared dilinger...better shooting....would have wanted him to stay one more year pa sana sa ateneo...para mas gumaling sumalaksak...pag nagimprove sya....assured na top 3 pick sa draft sana...deadly trio sana sa ateneo with ravena newsome and tolentino...oh well baka blessing in disguise napaaga sya magpadraft...baka sa ginebra sya gumaling ng todo...

• Like (+1) 1

Yung promotion "kuno" ni Chua is something to wonder also. That sports director position was the one held previously by Noli Eala in which he decides on the 3 teams and also on other sports related activities ng SMC outside the PBA.. Maybe it is a boot position para di siya makialam sa PBA teams and yung outside activities na lang ang binigay sa kanya besides may mga team govs at team managers naman.

CFL was on the wrong end of an unlucky conference. What if kung hindi injured si Greg at Japhet nung first few games? will the result be diff? who knows.. And the Abueva incident, di ba yun ang hinahanap nating coach dati? yung may balls? ala Yeng Guiao na astig? bakit ngayon yun ang ginagawang dahilan para alisin siya? I like his guts para maibangko yung 2 diva and make them mum on social media specially diva47. Its his 1st conference only, cmon. He also have to deal with an import na ayaw makipagbanggaan at sobrang nag-iingat kung kailan mas kailangang kailangan.

Having Tim Cone is a blessing, yet can also be a curse at the start. Remember, the divas hate the triangle, they said it publicly during interviews before thats why they booted Cariaso out. And I dont expect them to be a champion in his 1st conference dahil maririnig na naman natin ang salitang "adjust, jell, nangangapa" for sure.

Yeng Guiao for now i think is impossible for he is under contract sa ROS, maybe the talks is after his contract expired until who knows?

Kung ang motibo ni RSA is to finally focus on Ginebra since ang SMB ay stable na at ang Star ay naka grandslam na, then that is good news to all of us. I dont think Webb is more capable than Johnny A and Richard del Rosario, his longtime assistants. Lets see.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Tim Cone to Ginebra may be a bad idea

http://rivals.ph/basketball/pba/2015/07/17/38092/tim-cone-to-ginebra-may-be-a-bad-idea/

MANILA — As of this writing, nothing has been set in stone yet, but various outlets have reported that the PBA’s winningest coach, Tim Cone, will be transferring from the Star Hotshots to the league’s most popular, but floundering, team, Barangay Ginebra.

If, indeed, that deal pushes through, Cone will be joining the Hotshots’ sister team, a team that has not won a title since the 2008 Fiesta Conference and that has changed coaches almost as frequently as Taylor Swift changes boyfriends.

It’s bad enough that the Gin Kings’ capriciousness is comparable to Swift’s fickleness, but now they’re actually planning on dragging Cone into the mess.

I say this is a bad idea on several levels, and, well, as one of my friends said on social media today, let’s just hope coach Tim likes his vegetables.

This is a potentially bad idea for coach Tim because he’ll go back to square one with a team that, though loaded with talent, has been known more for its impatience rather than its depth.

Let’s face it – Ginebra is a shell of its former, glorious self.

And the legendary “never say die” spirit?

Newsflash: it left this team a long time ago, and I see that even a coach as magnificent as coach Tim will find it extremely hard to bring it back.

You see, Ginebra is maybe the most impatient team this league has ever seen — at least based on their recent moves and changes. I mean, the Gin Kings have gone through seven different coaches in the past six seasons: Siot Tangquincen, Jong Uichico, Alfrancis Chua, Ato Agustin, Jeffrey Cariaso, Juno Sauler (c’mon, right?), and Frankie Lim.

Does coach Tim really want to be the next one in line?

Sure, Tim Cone is arguably the best coach the PBA has ever seen, but, judging by the way Ginebra has pretty much bungled many major decisions the past few seasons, even he can find himself in the franchise’s crosshairs if he doesn’t deliver a title within the next few conferences.

In spite of Ginebra’s depth and size, this will be made difficult by the fact that coach Tim’s play style of choice — the triangle offense — tends to take quite some time to “master.” Also, that type of offense tends to diminish the role of score-heavy point guards, and Ginebra has two of those in LA Tenorio and Sol Mercado. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for coach Tim to make things work and produce results — if at all.

In the short term, I don’t think the Cone-Ginebra combo will work, at least not without some tweaking in the Kings’ roster. For one, they’ll need better wingmen. Mark Caguioa, the undisputed face of this franchise, can probably be a solid fit for coach Tim’s desired offense, but I don’t see guys like Mac Baracael and Chris Ellis having the necessary consistency in their perimeter game to be able to stretch the defense and complement coach Tim’s play style. Maybe if they get someone like Chris Lutz or JC Intal, or perhaps luck out in the draft and land Ray Parks (should he join and should Ginebra be able to steal a top 2 or 3 pick) or Chris Newsome, things can look up, but, by and large, I find it hard to imagine the Kings hoisting a title in coach Tim’s first full season.

Oh wait, did I just assume coach Tim will actually get to coach the most schizophrenic squad in the PBA for a full season? I’m delusional, right?

I don’t even want to look too far ahead and theorize that coach Tim and the Kings will eventually win a title somewhere down the road. I mean, coach Tim is pushing 60, other teams are bound to get much stronger, that Tenorio-Mercado combo still has a lot of chinks, Greg Slaughter has been left behind by June Mar Fajardo, and, again, the terms “patience” and “Ginebra” seem to naturally not go in the same sentence.

Good luck, coach Tim. You’ll need it. This can turn bad pretty soon because, well, we are talking about the Gin Kings. — Rivals 2015

i have read this article and its not worthy posting it here, the author doesn't know what he is saying, he doesn't know the positive effect or impact of having a multi-titled coach to a team that already hungry for a title, and definitely this author doesn't like Ginebra.