Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

I can say that Air 21 caught Ginebra on their off night kasi talagang hindi pumapasok ang mga tira nila kahit libre na and besides sobrang suwerte ng Air 21 kagabi kahit sinong player umiiskor. But if Air 21 wins again in Game 3 then that will be another story.... Back to the drawing boards ang Ginebra to make big adjustments and tie the series.

But I know that Ginebra will win Game No. 3

So far Mark is leading the statistical race for BPC. He needs to win this if we want him to compete for MVP. Automatic MVP contender kasi ang BPC winner.

Otherwise, he's way behind JJ, Arwind and the rest for the MVP battle.

I thought MC is number 2 sa SP behind JJ anyway, I want MC47 to win MVP. Go Gin KIngs sa Game 3

Its one of those games guys wherein the other team is burning the hoops while the other just can't find their mark. Also, air21 what Ginebra failed to do in game 1 and that is bury the other team. Obviously 'yung momentum nila sa paghabol sa malaking lamang ng Ginebra is still with them plus the fact that they made the adjustments, now its time for Ginebra to make the necessary adjustments although mukhang doubtful starter si Helterbrand bukas

na-neutralize ng air21 ang mga guards ng bgk kagabi

Nakita na kasi ng air21 na 3-guard lagi ang line-up ng Ginebra plus Alexander was defended well so pag walang chance sa rebound si Alexander wala din silang chance sa fastbreak..

well ganyan talaga pag dalawa kulay pabgobagon tema pag nakakita ng opportunity saka bibira...

Hintayin natin si EDC amamaya sususlpot na yan

Pabayaan mo na mga 'yan laglag na kasi team nila tapos nakita pa kaduwagan noong star player nila hehe. Ban yata dito 'yang member na 'yan hehe..

everybody is entitled in their own opinion. i think the series can go up to game 7 and i will not be surprised if the books or bangka will make a lot of money because air21 will win more odds than the gins. majority or 70% or more will be on the gins.

if the big men of the gins will not contribute and help alexander, i think air21 will have a good chance of winning the series. i think jong should use crisano more than mamaril for match up and crowd impact.

the true value of the coach will be tested today. let see who will choke or not. I think even if tubid plays or not, or if jj is not 100%, the gins still has a lot of players that can contribute. the question is that how will jong use them. i think willy wilson can match up well with gary david and crisano can be utilized against ranidel.

Air 21, Ginebra break deadlock

- WAYLON GALVEZ

Emboldened by its blowout win in Game 2, Air21 goes for a second straight win over Barangay Ginebra in Game 3 of the Smart-PBA Fiesta Cup Finals today at the Araneta Coliseum.

The Express and Kings clash at 7 p.m. with the former still on a Cloud 9 after scoring a breezy 124-90 win over the Gin Kings, a victory that evened their best-of-seven title series at 1-1.

Showing none of the brilliance that won them the opening game of the series, 105-96, the Kings were reduced to slaves by the mighty Express, who dominated the every facet of the game to the consternation of Ginebra supporters.

For most Ginebra fans, the defeat two nights ago was embarrassing.

After winning their previous 13 games and then losing by 34 points in the next, was to them unacceptable since the Kings are known for their never-say-die attitude.

"We really got outplayed," lamented Ginebra mentor Jong Uichico, who appeared dazed after the game.

Uichico’s action was understandable since it was his worst beating since starting coaching in the PBA (with San Miguel) a decade ago.

"It seemed that we can’t do anything right. On the other hand, they (Express) did all the right things that won them the game. The bottom line is that we were really outplayed," he added.

Express coach Bo Perasol said that if they continue to display the same kind of intensity and cohesion, then they have pretty good chances of winning today’s game, and perhaps the series.

In Game 2, the Express did an excellent job on the 7-foot Chris Alexander, winner of the Best Import plum.

After tallying 18 points and 25 rebounds in Game 1, Alexander had to work extra hard to score and grab a rebound – no thanks to the pesky defense of Steven Thomas.

With Thomas all over him, Alexander was held to just 10 points and 10 boards.

Thomas, on the other hand, finished with better numbers of 10 points and 18 rebounds.

His all-around performance also helped the Express win the battle off the boards, 55-41. In Game 1, it's Ginebra which dominated the boards, 63-51.

"It’s all about sustaining the same intensity and fire, from rebounding to playing tough defense and executing our plays," Perasol, who hopes to lead the Bert Lina-owned team to its first title since joining the PBA in 2002.

"These are the crucial factors for us to win Game 3. Of course, we expect them to make adjustment and come out strong," he said.

From a 13-point halftime lead (58-45), the Express used a murderous 21-4 salvo capped by a jumper by Arwind Santos to take a commanding 79-49 advantage with 5:13 left in the third frame.

The Kings, however, failed to recover their bearing after that jolt.

Still, Uichico remains upbeat about their chances, saying there’s no need to push the panic button just yet.

"If we just play a little bit better than we did (in Game 2), we’ll be all right. It’s just 1-1 (series)," Uichico said. "We’ll make an adjustment, but nothing drastic. We just have to do the things that we failed to execute, like play defense."

Jayjay Helterbrand, winner of the Best Player of the Conference award, suffered a pulled hamstring midway of the third quarter and his status is day-to-day. He finished with a horrible 2-of-10 shooting from the field with five turnovers.

We’ll know today if he’s good to play," Uichico said.

If Helterbrand is not available, the Kings, playing in their 17th Finals and aiming for title No. 8, hope to find ways to keep up with the backcourt men of the Express.

Paul Artadi, who had a minor pulled hamstring in Game 1, Chris Pacana and possibly Macky Escalona have to step up in the event the coaching staff decides to keep Helterbrand on the bench.

The youthful Ginebra guards will face the veteran playmakers of Air21 like Wynne Arboleda and Egay Billones, as well as rookie Marvin Cruz.

Another exciting battle to watch is the wingmen of both squads, with the Express relying on MVP contender Arwind Santos and Gary David, who combined for 40 points the previous game. They also have a pair of high-leaping forwards in Niño Canaleta and rookie JC Intal.

Leading the Kings is Mark Caguioa, who leads the series in scoring with 25.5 points average, with Junthy Valenzuela and Sunday Salvacion backing him up.

Also expected to provide help for the Kings are 2005 MVP Eric Menk, Rafi Reavis, Billy Mamaril and Alex Crisano of the Kings while Ranidel de Ocampo, Homer Se, Earvin Sotto and Gabby Espinas will give Santos and David the extra firepower.

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT20080810132159.html

-----

It's a WAR!