Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Guest megalodon
mga bro, saan makakakuha ng lineup ng ginebra from 1988-1995? or even just for 1990?

If I remember well, here are some of Ginebra's players for that period:

Dondon Ampalayo

Chito Loyzaga

Joey Loyzaga

Rudy Distrito

Romy Mamaril

Ed Ducut

Dante Gonzalgo

Rey Cuenco

Philip Cezar

Sonny Jaworski

Jervis Cole-import

Tommy Davis-import

Joe Ward-import

I'd say BGK let Doug Kramer have his minutes. Underrated si Kramer. Though hindi sya as offensive minded as Menk and others, he gets the job done, mataas ang field goal percentage...

future starting five

doug kramer

enrico villanueva

JC intal

Wesley Gonazales (trade kay junthy)

Macky escalona

bench:

Rich Alvarez

Paulo Bugia

nyahaha

why not include magnum membrere para kumpleto na. sama mo pa si olsen racela at vince hizon sa coaching staff? hehe! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

mga bro, saan makakakuha ng lineup ng ginebra from 1988-1995? or even just for 1990?

hope this helps, bro.........

Ginebra has a storied history in the annals of the PBA. As the Kings continue to stamp its class this season with 4 consecutive victories with the return of slotman Eric Menk, it's noteworthy to reminisce for Ginebra fans the various teams that made up the franchise in their 26 years of existence in the PBA. I can name 7 versions:

1. Pre-Jaworski era (1979-1983)

Players included the likes of Armando Torres, Willie Tanduyan, Ernie De Leon, Gary Vargas, Alex Clariño, marginal talents but with an innovative coach in Arturo Valenzona. They also paraded some of the highest scoring imports in the history of the PBA - Larry McNeil, Dean Tolson, Jacky Dorsey, Anthony Roberts and Lawrence Massey.

2. Ginebra (1984-1988)

The original blue collar team of the PBA - no namers but they did their jobs well simply because they played the rough and tumble game of basketball without so much finesse but oozing with brute power. Led by their mercurial coach Robert Jaworski, players who donned the Ginebra jersey in this era include Terry Saldaña, Dondon Ampalayo, Chito and Joey Loyzaga, Dante Gonzalgo, Leo Isaac, Dennis Carbonilla, Cayetano Salazar, Romy Mamaril, Ed Ducut and Rolly Buhay. Imports were class acts themselves, led by the best ever, Billy Ray Bates, Michael Hackett, Jamie Waller, Terry Duerod, Clinton Wheeler, Tommy Davis and Joe Ward.

3. Ginebra (1989-1991)

Although not as blue collar as the first one, this was the team that was noted for their physical (bordering on rough) defense, typical of any Jaworski team. A good mix of veteran players and journeymen played during this era for the Gins. They include Philip Cezar, Rudy Distrito, Freddie Hubalde, Rey Cuenco, Gonzalgo, the elder Loyzaga, Peter Aguilar (now better known as the father of Ateneo's Japeth), Harmon and Pat Codiñera, Isaac, among others. Imports like Carlos (Red) Briggs, Jervis Cole, and Sylvester Gray reinforced a perennially competitive Ginebra team back then.

4. Ginebra (1992-1995)

The doldrum years of the Gins - when their best showing at this point was a solitary semifinal appearance in the 1993 season featuring a taller import in Danny Jones (the rest of the teams except for Pepsi Mega were reinforced by smaller imports). Guys who played for Ginebra include Pido Jarencio, Larry Villanil, Jayvee Gayoso, Noli Locsin, Bennett Palad, Nonoy Chuatico, EJ Feihl, Dodot Jaworski, Sonny Cabatu, Manny Victorino and the like. Talk about low budget, let's not talk about their equally forgettable imports that time (with the slight exception of Jones, Steve Hood and a comebacking Jamie Waller)...

5. Ginebra (1996-1998)

The redemption years. Ginebra finally found the magic that they needed when Jaworski learned to tinker with his lineup and decided to put premium to youth and athleticism more than veteran smarts. This team formed a nucleus when they were able to secure Marlou Aquino as the #1 pick of the 1996 draft and signing up free agent point guard Bal David. A trade for Vince Hizon with Purefoods vice Chuatico the previous year gave them a reliable shooter from the outside, a Jaworski offensive staple. Other players include Benny Cheng, Gayoso, Locsin, Jarencio, Bong Alvarez (secured from a trade with San Miguel for the draft rights to Fil-Am Steven Smith), Terry Saldaña and Cris Bolado. Imports who played include Chris King, Fred Cofield, Reggie Fox, Leon Trimmingham and Derek Rucker.

6. Post-Jaworski Ginebra (1999-2002)

Practically a new team altogether and veering away from the Jaworski formula, this Ginebra team combined the run and gun style of play with a systematic direction owing to their consultant Ron Jacobs' preference for a more controlled offensive style. Aquino was shipped to Sta. Lucia for a Jacobs' favorite, Jun Limpot, Noli Locsin was dealt to Pop Cola for the swashbuckling Vergel Meneses, and Mark Caguioa was silently included in the 2002 draft by Jacobs so that they would get a shot in getting him first (he eventually became the 4th overall pick). Other players include Ronald Magtulis, Boy Valera, David and Alex Crisano. Imports weren't as impressive as before but they had reliable workhorses in the likes of Ryan Fletcher, Sean Green and the like.

7. The Eric Menk era (2003-present)

Perhaps the most talent-laden Ginebra team ever, no question about it, this team will remain to be a contender for the championship in the coming years. They not only have the best PBA player at present in Eric Menk, they also have arguably the best point guard in JJ Helterbrand, the best sixth man in Rodney Santos and the most exciting slasher in Mark Caguioa. They also have the bullstrong Romel Adducul to back up Menk in the slot, the only entity missing in this present Kings lineup is a forward in the mold of a Danny Seigle, Nic Belasco or Anthony Washington.

So which team do you like the most? I'm a sucker for blue collar workers who stretch themselves to the limit so I have to go with the 1986-1988 version. The same year I decided to shift my loyalty to the Gins after a 9-year allegiance with the Crispa Redmanizers and a year and a half of shifting loyalties from Shell and Manila Beer...

additional info about our beloved barangay for this season..

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=95

MANILA, Philippines - Kung anuman ang wala sa kanila na dahilan ng kanilang pagkabigo sa pagdedepensa ng titulo sa nakaraang PBA Fiesta Cup ay niremedyuhan nila sa ginawang pre-season build up, kaya handa na ang Ginebra San Miguel para sa 35th season ng Philippine Basketball Association.

Ang pagkakakuha sa mga big men na sina Rico Villanueva, Rich Alvarez at Paolo Bugia, at kay Celino Cruz sa pamamagitan ng trades, sinabi ni coach Jong Uichico kahapon na naniniwala siyang makakabawi ang Gin Kings sa pagkatalo sa sister team San Miguel Beer sa closing tournament ng nakaraang 34th season.

Ang pagkakakuha sa aPat mula sa isa pang sister team na Purefoods, sinabi ni Uichico kahapon sa SCOOP Sa Kamayan weekly session, na hindi na kailangan ng adjustments sa pagpasok ng kanilang bagong mga teammates.

Sina Villanueva, Alvarez at Bugia mga dating Ateneans ay makakasama na uli nina Doug Kramer at JC Intal, parehong ex-Eagles din sa line-up na isang malaking bentahe sa Kings.

“Of course, it was a mere coincidence that Rico, Rich and Paolo are former Ateneans. It was not designed. It just so happened that they are the players we needed and that those we released are what Purefoods need,” wika ng multi-titled na si Uichico sa session na sponsored ng ACCEL.

Ayon pa kay Uichico nagpa-practice na sa team ang mga bagong players at masaya siya sa kanyang nakikita.

Ayon kay Cruz, walang problema sa pag-aadjust sa kanilang mga bagong teammates dahil bukod sa nakasama na niya sina Alvarez, Bugia at Villanueva sa Purefoods noong nakaraang season kasama rin niya sina Cyrus Baguio at Junthy Valenzuela sa Red Bull.

Sinabi ng apat na sabik silang mapabilang sa pinakasikat na team sa PBA.’

“Masayang-masaya ako siyempre. Biro mo for the first time, maglalaro ako kakampi ang buong Araneta,” ani Villanueva.

“I’m very pleased to be part of a very popular team and former teammates in college. I just hope I can help provide what the team needs from me,” wika naman nina Bugia at Alvarez.

Ayon kay Uichico malapit nang mabuo ang kanyang team maliban sa dalawa o tatlong slots para makasama sina Mark Caguioa, Baguio, Ronald Tubid, Willy Wilson, Eric Menk, Kramer, Intal, Valenzuela at Sunday Salvacion.

Tanging sina Chito Lanete at Chris Pacana ang hindi pa nakakapirma ng bagong kontrata.

Hindi nakalaro si Caguioa sa huling tatlong conferences dahil sa pabalik-balik na injury at ngayon ay nag-iimprove na sa kanyang ginagawang training. (MBalbuena)

Edited by hothands
additional info about our beloved barangay for this season..

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=95

MANILA, Philippines - Kung anuman ang wala sa kanila na dahilan ng kanilang pagkabigo sa pagdedepensa ng titulo sa nakaraang PBA Fiesta Cup ay niremedyuhan nila sa ginawang pre-season build up, kaya handa na ang Ginebra San Miguel para sa 35th season ng Philippine Basketball Association.

Ang pagkakakuha sa mga big men na sina Rico Villanueva, Rich Alvarez at Paolo Bugia, at kay Celino Cruz sa pamamagitan ng trades, sinabi ni coach Jong Uichico kahapon na naniniwala siyang makakabawi ang Gin Kings sa pagkatalo sa sister team San Miguel Beer sa closing tournament ng nakaraang 34th season.

Ang pagkakakuha sa aPat mula sa isa pang sister team na Purefoods, sinabi ni Uichico kahapon sa SCOOP Sa Kamayan weekly session, na hindi na kailangan ng adjustments sa pagpasok ng kanilang bagong mga teammates.

Sina Villanueva, Alvarez at Bugia mga dating Ateneans ay makakasama na uli nina Doug Kramer at JC Intal, parehong ex-Eagles din sa line-up na isang malaking bentahe sa Kings.

“Of course, it was a mere coincidence that Rico, Rich and Paolo are former Ateneans. It was not designed. It just so happened that they are the players we needed and that those we released are what Purefoods need,” wika ng multi-titled na si Uichico sa session na sponsored ng ACCEL.

Ayon pa kay Uichico nagpa-practice na sa team ang mga bagong players at masaya siya sa kanyang nakikita.

Ayon kay Cruz, walang problema sa pag-aadjust sa kanilang mga bagong teammates dahil bukod sa nakasama na niya sina Alvarez, Bugia at Villanueva sa Purefoods noong nakaraang season kasama rin niya sina Cyrus Baguio at Junthy Valenzuela sa Red Bull.

Sinabi ng apat na sabik silang mapabilang sa pinakasikat na team sa PBA.’

“Masayang-masaya ako siyempre. Biro mo for the first time, maglalaro ako kakampi ang buong Araneta,” ani Villanueva.

“I’m very pleased to be part of a very popular team and former teammates in college. I just hope I can help provide what the team needs from me,” wika naman nina Bugia at Alvarez.

Ayon kay Uichico malapit nang mabuo ang kanyang team maliban sa dalawa o tatlong slots para makasama sina Mark Caguioa, Baguio, Ronald Tubid, Willy Wilson, Eric Menk, Kramer, Intal, Valenzuela at Sunday Salvacion.

Tanging sina Chito Lanete at Chris Pacana ang hindi pa nakakapirma ng bagong kontrata.

Hindi nakalaro si Caguioa sa huling tatlong conferences dahil sa pabalik-balik na injury at ngayon ay nag-iimprove na sa kanyang ginagawang training. (MBalbuena)

how about jay jay helterbrand? is he still in line up. ang tulin ng bk na ito. sana 100% n si caguioa. I miss his attitude and mindset...