Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

They should put a permanent ban on those teams that walk out. I just watched the PBA just the other day out of curiosity at the Kapamilya channel of TFC. Game 2 between Ginebra and Talk N Text was shown live here in the States. I'm impressed at the game of Intal. He was a good player for Ateneo during his UAAP days. When I watched early this morning. I noticed that the Ginebra players were doing their shoot around and I found out that the TNT players did a walkout. I really don't follow the PBA that much anymore ever since Jaworski and the old Ginebra team disbanded about a decade ago. I also watched the second game between Rain or Shine and Purefoods. I noticed that Sol Mercado tries to pattern his game after Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz.

Permanent ban... babawasan ang teams then what will happen.... liliit ang liga konti teams that will participate tapos monopoly ng SMB. Eh di wala ng kuwenta manood.

Goal dapat ng PBA is expansion. Just fine them heavily. It's the implementation of the rules kaya forfeit ang game. Walkout puwede naman drama lang para ayusin ng refs ang tawag. Pero kung talagang forfeit ang gusto nila gawin - i-fine ng league para di gawin ulit.

Eto nabasa ko sa manila bulletin online, for the full article click this: TNT walkout

x x x

"Most of the charges were obliquely made, but some were painfully pointed as when Ginebra coach Jong Uichico labeled the walkout “a mind game.”

“They're trying to influence the Commissioner’s Office and the referees for Game 5, and they think they can get away with it,” said the usually reticent Kings coach."

x x x

Chot Reyes, the volatile Talk ‘N Text coach, came to the press room armed with copies of the statistics of the first three games of the series, noting the “discrepancy” in free throws awarded both teams and the number of three-point shots which the Kings had taken.

“It wouldn’t take a basketball expert, a rocket scientist, to figure out what’s happening,” said Reyes, directly laying a conspiracy-theory-like blame on the referees. “If they cannot be 100 percent fair, huwag naman ganoong kagarapal.”

Non, in charge of San Miguel’s basketball operations, lashed out at Reyes, who coached Coca-Cola before when the softdrinks company was still under the SMC corporate umbrella.

“Chot’s known for that kind of antics lalo na pag natatalo team niya,” Non said. “He keeps on blaming the refs. Maybe it’s time he chooses what career he wants – a coach or a referee. But he cannot have both.”

x x x

Note that chot is even questioning the number of three point shot Ginebra had taken, pati ba naman 'yun chot? 'Di tumira din kayo ng tumira ng tres..

Edited by Agent_mulder
Permanent ban... babawasan ang teams then what will happen.... liliit ang liga konti teams that will participate tapos monopoly ng SMB. Eh di wala ng kuwenta manood.

Goal dapat ng PBA is expansion. Just fine them heavily. It's the implementation of the rules kaya forfeit ang game. Walkout puwede naman drama lang para ayusin ng refs ang tawag. Pero kung talagang forfeit ang gusto nila gawin - i-fine ng league para di gawin ulit.

I agree! parusahan nalang ng matindi tindi ang buong management ng TnT, wag na damay players, kawawa naman wala namn kinalaman.

it is very clear na kampi mga refs sa BGK...sa press statement ni chot doon makikita mga statistics which is very believable! dapat fair game lang...according to chot, the refs are calling poorly especially kay alapag at deocampo....foul agad kahit d nagalaw.

Bago tayo maniwala sa "statistics" na nilabas ni Chot, we should also watch the game, how it is really played. Its not clear na kampi ang refs sa BGK, kung kampi, na sweep na yan and tambak ang TNT sa lahat ng laro.

Just to add, eto nakuha ko sa blog ni patricia bermudez:

Here’s the flipside (thoughts from the other side):

1. If you look at the elimination round stats, it will show that TNT is one of the most foul prone teams in the league.

2. Looking at the same stats, it will also tell you that Ginebra is one of the teams that gets fouled THE MOST

3. Ginebra does not give up as much fouls as Talk and Text.

http://www.patriciahizon.blogspot.com/

saw the incident at youtube. i'm still wondering why flagrant ang tinawag kay ranidel.. he clearly went after the ball (although nagkabanggaan nga sila ni tubid). how did it qualify as flagrant (flagrant 2 at that).

according to PBA rules, when you hit a player shoulder up, F2 na yun. be it elbow or a fist, basta tinamaan ang area shoulder pataas automatic f2. as seen in the video in youtube, tumama ang siko ni ocampo sa right cheek ni tubid. you may not see it in the first glance, pero try mo ulitin in both angles, makikita na sapul tlga. yun din ang tinignan ng refs. And correction, he did not go for the ball. if he did, sana natapik nya yung bola. maganda din tignan yung forward step na gnawa ni ocampo. talagang babanggain nya. un lang tumama ang siko sa mukha, no follow thru needed, sapul na sa face kasi so the refs ruled it out. the commish also reviewed it and its a F2.

JUST TO UPDATE EVERYONE (salamat sa twitter)

patriciahizon said:

In d PBA ofc Ranidel suspendd for Sun's gm. No official word if TNT will show up or not. TNT mgmt to meet later 2nyt.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF MR RICKY VARGAS...

1) "I WILL RECOMMEND to Chairman MVP that the tropang texters play tomorrow.

2) But we would like tobe ASSURED of fairness and the refs associated wth these unfairness NOT be allowed to officiate the game .

3)We wil not hesitate to walk out again if such unfairness continue. We cannot, as a matter of principle, tolerate biased officiating in the PBA.

4) I sincerely appreciate the personal appeal of the Chairman of the PBA, Lito Alvarez who is a respected colleague for tnt to play for the sake of the millions of filipino basketball fans.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/7b7vv

--PARANG KIDNAP GROUP..MAY RANSOM DEMANDS!!!

x x x

Chot Reyes, the volatile Talk ‘N Text coach, came to the press room armed with copies of the statistics of the first three games of the series, noting the “discrepancy” in free throws awarded both teams and the number of three-point shots which the Kings had taken.

So, nakaplano na pala talaga ang walk-out nila sa umpisa pa lang ng laro, kasi may hawak ng stat si chot nung pumunta ng press room....siguro ang plano ng management at ni chot na kapag nakita nilang hindi fair ang tawag ng ref "walk-out na"......bwah hahaha.... :boo:

Itong bading na si Chot at ang kalbong si Yeng ang pinaka pikon sa mga coach sa PBA....ang sarap nga nilang panoorin pag nagagalit sa referee, kitang kita ang litid sa ulo ni kalbo pag galit at si bading naman hinahabol ang referee sa loob at minumura, bwah hahaha.... :evil:

Mga kawawang players at teams.... nagkaroon ng mga walang kwenta coach....

It looks like Patricia's stats were not that accurate...

Uichico said that based on the 18-game statistics released by the PBA prior to the playoffs, Talk ‘N Text is third based on committing fouls with 27.17 per game while Barangay Ginebra only had a 25.67 average.

"Its maybe because Talk 'N Text tends to shoot more from the outside than play inside in the lane as compared to Ginebra," said Uichico, who also cited that the Kings play aggressively inside and that is the reason why the team is the third most fouled squad in the PBA with 26.89 per game.

"The statistics do not lie, too. As far back as in the elims, Talk 'N Text has the tendency to foul more and they are also the least fouled. This is not only in the case of Ginebra but all other teams in the league," said Uichico.

"(Also) Ginebra uses its fouls wisely to preserve on our personnel since we had a depleted lineup in the eliminations. The reason why we were the most fouled team is because we attack the basket more and draw more fouls in the process," he added.

"So it is totally unfair for Chot and Talk 'N Text to claim that we are being favored. It is a claim bordering on fiction. We play with our hearts out much more than they do and they know it. And maybe that is the reason why we have more fans than them," he said. "We play fairly and with lots of passion regardless of the outcome of the game."

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/183290/uichico...-game-4-walkout

maarte lang si tubid, parang nana, konting tapik kala mo sobra, animal! you love him when your in a team, pero kaasar pag kalaban mo...

I have to agree on this one. Sha yung player na ganun. Sabi ko nga noon, we need at least 1 player like him..or HIM sa philipppine team.

Sa dami ng naasar kay tubid, wala pa ako nakita na sinapak nya. napapa iling na lang ako kapag napipikon players sa kanya, parang rodman style lang..iinisin ka lang..hanggang masira laro mo at ulo mo.. or you just do something stupid para ma eject ka.

Underrated defender din si Tubid..its because of his flopping..oo wag na natin ideny, he flops..pero di rin natin pwede ideny na magaling din tlga sha magdefend.

I'd hate to see this guy leave or get traded. Bagay sya sa Ginebra. One guy I also want to see play for Ginebra is on TNT..kaso away away muna ngayon..hahaha!