Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/pba-great-abe-king-feels-it-is-time-for-a-changing-of-the-guard-at-ginebra#Q27ZhkMLjhTztIIo.01

tama naman si abe.. pero bakit parang yung mga players ang pinatatamaan? naging ginebra player ba si abe?

amoy marketing write up...

boom!!! sapul!!! dapat talagang malaman ng mga players lalo na ang mga star players ang kanilang limitasyon at kapasidad. very well said from abe. i remember this guy who used to be called "king of the boards". he and don ramon were the main men who patrolled the middle for toyota. abe and ramon vs. abet and philip cezar. and yes...when arnie tuadles came in, unti-unting kinain ang playing time ni abe...but toyota continued to lord the pba together with crispa. on a side note and if my memory serves me right, it was abe king who first made a reverse dunk in the pba.

• Like (+1) 1

boom!!! sapul!!! dapat talagang malaman ng mga players lalo na ang mga star players ang kanilang limitasyon at kapasidad. very well said from abe. i remember this guy who used to be called "king of the boards". he and don ramon were the main men who patrolled the middle for toyota. abe and ramon vs. abet and philip cezar. and yes...when arnie tuadles came in, unti-unting kinain ang playing time ni abe...but toyota continued to lord the pba together with crispa. on a side note and if my memory serves me right, it was abe king who first made a reverse dunk in the pba.

Si Abe nga and what a dunk. With authority. I was there live to see it. Nagulat lahat at kaya pala niya ng ganun.

• Like (+1) 1

Si Abe nga and what a dunk. With authority. I was there live to see it. Nagulat lahat at kaya pala niya ng ganun.

sigawan ang mga toyota fans di ba chief? and in fairness to the late arnie tuadles, he was a talented and special player...lalo na pag nasa ilalim na ng basket yan...parang danny florencio. i think he did win the ROY in 1979?

Even MVPs fade away. Their MVP plays were long gone. Its now time to let the young to take over and feel the heat and give them confidence. Tutal TC said huwag umasa this conference as it will be a "feeling out" period. To master his system. And he should give exposures to the new breed.

even their MVP plays gone long time ago, can u please explain why TC gone with helterbrand instead of your new breed???

im dying to know just sayin' again sir

TC's judgement against your new breed thing? i dont know about that sir hehe

Veterans yes...but ang tamang word dyan..."CONSISTENT" and "RELIABLE" ...or else puros mga laos na veterans na ang tatapos ng games...besides scottie is not a so-so rookie...at least a top 4 rookie sa year nato...and please no...stop the MVP misnomer....dapat FORMER MVP...

Just sayin...

PS...oo nga..i would expect that kind of substitution from the former coach ato...but not tim cone...wonder why he chose JJ and mark over scottie...

u said it yourself sir, ikw din ngtatanog why TC gone with FORMER MVP Helterbrand, if u know why then i'll go with your comments

if u can compete, age is only a number... thats why i dont believe in your LAOS thing

and with your thompson thing? i guess u r a fan of him hehe, thompson only played 2 games in the PBA and yet your talking about consistent and reliable? how many shots that helterbrand bailed out ginebra? hahahaha

thompson gain my respect on the first game palang of his pro career but i'll still go sa MAY NAPATUNAYAN na.

Scottie's time will come, sa tingin ko nga it wont take that long before he blossom.

I'm not an expert or analyst or something, though a female, I jusT KNOW my basketball ✌✌✌

P.S

why is it that marami dito is questioning TC judgement?? E d kayo na magcoach haha (joke)

we are just a fan, lets support the team, I do believe in TC!

negative comments are good, keep it cool

PATIENCE my friends.....

ROME was not built in a DAY..

Give coach Tim, some time and im pretty sure, mas malaki ang nararamdaman niyang inis at pressure kesa sating lahat na fans pero sya pa din ang may pinakamalaking PASENSYA ngayon (at si Greg)

Obviously, hindi pa sya pamilyar sa players na gngamit niya, medyo nangangapa kung sino ang huhugutin during crucial times, he is just relying on what everyone says here - veteran presence.. ang problema? hindi n makadeliver yung mga "dapat" ay naaasahan niya.

- MC47 your done already.. PLS. PLS. PLS. you have to admit that and reinvent your game, di na nga reliable sa offense, pati ba naman sa defense walang wala pa din?

- JJ, your remaining year is becoming TOO PAINFUL to watch. I'm sorry but I cant wait for your final year to be over.

- WE REALLY NEED CONSISTENT OUTSIDE SHOOTING!!!! Tama kayo, pag nag sona na ang kalaban kahit siguro Blackwater pa yan o mahindra mahihirapan tayo dahil walang shooter dahil nahihirapan pasahan yung mga bigs! Anong ginagawa ni Allan Caidic? Di ba kasama siya sa Coaching Staff???? Even the free throws are s@%t - OLSEN is one of the most consistent FT shooter - pls. help our guys!

- The bulls have kerr, kukoc, paxson, etc. The lakers have rick fox, horry, fisher, etc. The triangle works if outside shooting will work.

at the end of the day - - - KEEP THE FAITH - as always - GINEBRA PA DIN TAYO

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • Like (+1) 1

the problem with these star players who were once mvp awardees is that they don't seem to acknowledge and/or admit that they are more of liabilities than assets. they cannot and refuse to accept the undeniable fact that their plays have drastically deteriorated...their plays have been inconsistent...and their plays unreliable. this is the reason why quality rookies and free agents who have donned the ginebra jersey have lost confidence in their plays and have not shown their true potentials. to make matters worse is that management have acquiesced to such a practice. and if this will continue where divas and primadonnas will continue to eat much of the playing time, i will not be surprised if this scottie thompson will turn out as another james forrester. wag sana coach tim. just my 2 cents worth.

• Like (+1) 1

While i agree...with the " team is still a work in progress".. Still CTC is not a noob coach...he was there when jj and mark became fast and furious...he went up against these guys during their numerous matchups from alaska and purefoods...i think he knows the talent and skills these two guys HAD....

Kaya nga bakit sila ang pinasok? Im waiting for interview with CTC..stating na " ive made some coaching errors and substitution during our last game with barako"...

That's exactly the reason why CTC is still fielding JJ and Mark during crunch time, he knew exactly the skills and capability of these two guys during their prime aside from being a former MVPs, and he wanted to test and prove in front of his two eyes if they are still capable or not at this juncture. After this, he will make some adjustments. I think Mark and JJ still gave their best effort, and we all know it ain't enough, they will expect that sooner or later, CTC will make some judgement and adjustments about their playing time. CTC will not be a great coach for nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

u said it yourself sir, ikw din ngtatanog why TC gone with FORMER MVP Helterbrand, if u know why then i'll go with your comments

if u can compete, age is only a number... thats why i dont believe in your LAOS thing

and with your thompson thing? i guess u r a fan of him hehe, thompson only played 2 games in the PBA and yet your talking about consistent and reliable? how many shots that helterbrand bailed out ginebra? hahahaha

thompson gain my respect on the first game palang of his pro career but i'll still go sa MAY NAPATUNAYAN na.

Scottie's time will come, sa tingin ko nga it wont take that long before he blossom.

I'm not an expert or analyst or something, though a female, I jusT KNOW my basketball ✌✌✌

P.S

why is it that marami dito is questioning TC judgement?? E d kayo na magcoach haha (joke)

we are just a fan, lets support the team, I do believe in TC!

negative comments are good, keep it cool

Thats why we're waiting for tims comments...if he says that he still believed in JJ to bail them out...thats fine with me...but if its just you and us differing in opinions regarding JJs( and mark) high relevance to the team...thats very debatable...as stated and opined by the other posters here....both JJ and mark can still contribute in other ways...but sadly theyre running out of ways to contibute...kahit sa depensa nalang sana...and about the compete and age thing....yes..age is just a number if you compete with the same age...however in sports such as basketball...your age begins to show once you compete with those younger than you...

We never forgot JJs ( and mark) numerous contribution to their team plus their game winning shots bailing the team out BEFORE...but how many game winning shots they had NOW? Thats the thing...they dont have to bail out the team anymore...they just have to trust their other team mates to bail them out...regarding thompson...ill repeat again...he is not a so-so rookie...i never said he is consistent and reliable YET...but if youre goin to compare a rookie stats and those who are past their primes...consistency and reliability will just be equal...so why not go with someone who is faster and more athletic?

At the end of the day...male or female..we're all ginebra fans here...

• Like (+1) 1

Ang kinalilito lang and kinaiinisan ng mga ginebra fans....not to belittle barako...dapat counted as a win na to eh...considering lumamang pa ng malaki ang ginebra...

The only reason na medyo understanding pa yun ibang poster dito...is because of coach tim...kung si ato yan katakot takot na negative comments inabot nyan dito...

Ang kinalilito lang and kinaiinisan ng mga ginebra fans....not to belittle barako...dapat counted as a win na to eh...considering lumamang pa ng malaki ang ginebra...

The only reason na medyo understanding pa yun ibang poster dito...is because of coach tim...kung si ato yan katakot takot na negative comments inabot nyan dito...

yep.. because CTC have proven time and again that he always bounce back and fought every adversity he had faced. Ginebra is no exception. That's why he is the MASTER OF ADJUSTMENTS.

kung si ato yan kasama na ko sa automatic na mapapamura dito.. lol

Let's give Coach Tim more time... to learn the capabilities of his players... and to teach them his system.

Its better to lose now during eliminations and start winning come playoffs, rather than go on a winning streak immediately but lose steam when its do-or-die already.

problem is they have to start winning soon otherwise it would be another early bora trip. remember the 1st conference is only a single round elimination and we already saw that even mahindra is no-pushover. next 2 games would be against alaska and both undefeated. it'd be nice though to see ginebra inflict the 1st defeats of the aces and beermen.

IMHO, i'm not thoroughly bothered with this 0-2 start.

Like I said, EXPECTATIONS WERE SET WHEN CONE CAME IN. It's not going to be INSTANT.

Doesn't matter who's in there wearing the uniform, long as it's a GINEBRA uniform they're wearing.

Doesn't matter when they win it, as long as they win the big one in the end.

Tama si Kabarangay na Daphne. Rome wasn't built in a day.

So please, stop arguing over things that only Ramon Ang has control over.

Lahat naman tayo dito, Ginebra di ba? Hating on the team we support isn't a good sign.

• Like (+1) 1

problem is they have to start winning soon otherwise it would be another early bora trip. remember the 1st conference is only a single round elimination and we already saw that even mahindra is no-pushover. next 2 games would be against alaska and both undefeated. it'd be nice though to see ginebra inflict the 1st defeats of the aces and beermen.

Hayyy...this^^ +1000

Not hating here...more of frustrated....if that last game was against alaska RoS or the high tier PBA teams ok lang...expectations were lowered when we lost to PF on our first game...does that mean we have to lower our expectations again? Guys...ginebra is not a weak team...they are not even rebuilding...kaya sana naman against the lower tier teams( kia, blackwater barako etc) ipanalo naman nila ang mga games...remember last time? When we lost to blackwater? Andaming what ifs natin....

This is not complaining about tim cone...and yes Rome wasnt build in a day...but its been 5 days after that PF loss...sana naman kahit tulay or kahit mga barong barong na bahay lang...at least may resemblance ng Rome manlang....

Just me ranting....badly wants a ginebra win...

• Like (+1) 1

Hayyy...this^^ +1000

Not hating here...more of frustrated....if that last game was against alaska RoS or the high tier PBA teams ok lang...expectations were lowered when we lost to PF on our first game...does that mean we have to lower our expectations again? Guys...ginebra is not a weak team...they are not even rebuilding...kaya sana naman against the lower tier teams( kia, blackwater barako etc) ipanalo naman nila ang mga games...remember last time? When we lost to blackwater? Andaming what ifs natin....

This is not complaining about tim cone...and yes Rome wasnt build in a day...but its been 5 days after that PF loss...sana naman kahit tulay or kahit mga barong barong na bahay lang...at least may resemblance ng Rome manlang....

exactly...this is also more of frustration. it has been more than a month (?) now since coach time took over the reins at ginebra. +1,000 ako sa sinabi mo chief. kahit na barong-barong man lang sana o kaya barracks may naitayo na dapat ang ginebra. kaso, sad to say, except for greg, wala akong nakikitang pagbabago. naalala ko tuloy yung crucial na talo ng ginebra laban sa blackwater. and with a powerhouse lineup, dapat sure win na against lower tier teams.

Hayyy...this^^ +1000

I know what you feel bro. Ako man, napamura ng malakas at muntik mabatukan ng erpats ko nung nagturnover si Caguioa.

The frustration's been brewing for the last 8 years or so, pero we must endure. Mas matamis yan pag inabot ang trophy...

Hayyy...this^^ +1000

you're not alone bro, i also felt the same when i watched their game against Barako Bull, i even invited my BFF which is a Ginebra basher to watch this game (coz i'm confident they will win since Barako is not a powerful team), and i even spent thousand of pesos just to watch them on the bigger screen in a resto bar somewhere in makati (Buffalo Wild Wings).

I'm not so sure if the coaching staff took Barako bull lightly. Coz after they lose to Star Hotshots last sunday. They advised their players to resume on wednesday, so they skipped two days of practice (Monday and tuesday) and they only have 3 days to prepare against Barako Bull.

Anyway i always look for a bigger picture and long term, i'm confident that CTC can lead and bring our team to the next level. We just need to wait for the right time.