Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

maybe alot of those former players who played against jawo would disagree hehehe....jawo really played tough and rough....rubbing to players like gonzalgo wilmer ong and distrito....with the latter playing rougher than most....the same can be said with belga and abueva...but ill leave it to you guys who among those two plays rough rather than tough....i just want the commish to hand down a stiffer fine for obvious "goon" tactics....like the elbow of abueva to santos during the finals....the knee to the head of caguioa and monfort by belga and of course the elbow nudge of yeng guiao to arizona reid...

OT

The great Ricardo Brown has spoken:

"Who is this guy? Are you kidding me? Who's the Rain or Shine Coach? Do you think for a second I would allow this BS if I were his Coach or Team Manager? Good Lord. Why wasn't he yanked and sent to the locker room? That's on the Coach, in my book.
Is this what the PBA has come to? Is this what the PBA fans want to see today? I've got news for you. This is NOT basketball at a high level and is an embarrassment to Philippine basketball. Disgraceful."

• Like (+1) 2

BELGA, ALMAZAN, PEÑA FINED FOR MISCONDUCT

http://pba.inquirer.net/55026/belga-almazan-pena-fined-for-misconduct

Matagal nang ginagawa ni Belga buti may naghagis na fan ng Ginebra kundi hindi pa mapapansin ni Commish/President ang dati nang ugali ni Belga na minana pa sa coach nila. Nope, Jaworski would be rough pero hindi siya kasing dumi ni Belga. Jawo even compliment the talent of opposing players at hindi niya gagalawin yun kung hindi siya mauunahang kantiin. Jawo is soft on talented players e.g. Patrimonio. Unlike Belga meron pang statement sa press na gustong gusto siyang i heckle. Si Jawo inaalagaan yun for the team. Marami nang na sermonan si Jawo for unnecessary fouls/rough tactics.

Edited by photographer
  • Like (+1) 2

OT

"Who is this guy? Are you kidding me? Who's the Rain or Shine Coach? Do you think for a second I would allow this BS if I were his Coach or Team Manager? Good Lord. Why wasn't he yanked and sent to the locker room? That's on the Coach, in my book.

Is this what the PBA has come to? Is this what the PBA fans want to see today? I've got news for you. This is NOT basketball at a high level and is an embarrassment to Philippine basketball. Disgraceful."

Naku Cardo, mismo yung coach nila ang nanakit ng players the latest of which was Arizona Reid. Pati yung patakbong Hontiveros, pinatid pa.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/beau-is-not-a-dirty-player-yeng-guiao-sticks-up-for-rugged-rain-or-shine-enforcer-belga

Edited by photographer

Matagal nang ginagawa ni Belga buti may naghagis na fan ng Ginebra kundi hindi pa mapapansin ni Commish/President ang dati nang ugali ni Belga na minana pa sa coach nila. Nope, Jaworski would be rough pero hindi siya kasing dumi ni Belga. Jawo even compliment the talent of opposing players at hindi niya gagalawin yun kung hindi siya mauunahang kantiin. Jawo is soft on talented players e.g. Patrimonio. Unlike Belga meron pang statement sa press na gustong gusto siyang i heckle. Si Jawo inaalagaan yun for the team. Marami nang na sermonan si Jawo for unnecessary fouls/rough tactics.

Grabe naman kasi yung ginawa niyang pag f#&k you sa loob ng court kitang kita pa on national tv, kawawa pa si monfort dinaganan tapos yung ref wala man lang nakita.

OT

If I may add, by being a serious contender to host a Fiba World Tournament is this the kind of basketball we want to show everyone on this planet? Does belga and abueva deserve to be in the spotlight? Probably they may have talents but does it make them sports heroes, gentlemen or role models for all the kids around the globe to see? I hope the Gilas coaching staff consider this.

• Like (+1) 1

so do you guys think 70K fine is OK?

I mean, he should be fine pero, di ba parang sobrang laki naman ata?

But buti na lang nangyari to para madala siya. warning na din to sa buong ROS camp.

I like that Ricardo Brown Statement, i would love to hear what ROS management specially Guiao would say after hearing this.

imo ok na yung 70K fine malaki na rin yun...

tungkol sa komento ni Brown.. i think pagsasabihan na rin sila ng ROS mngt. pero i dont think they can restrain it..

cguro dpat gayahin na rin ng PBA ang NBA sa pagiging strict sa loob at labas ng playing court

Edited by darksoulriver

so do you guys think 70K fine is OK?

I mean, he should be fine pero, di ba parang sobrang laki naman ata?

But buti na lang nangyari to para madala siya. warning na din to sa buong ROS camp.

I like that Ricardo Brown Statement, i would love to hear what ROS management specially Guiao would say after hearing this.

Lumaki kasi apat na penalties combined. ROS? In the first place why hire a congressman? sa dami ng ginawang bad example sa kaugalian which is bad for the youth (ginagaya tuloy) ni guiao,ROS should have fired him long time ago pa. I cannot recall when Jawo as a coach naninipa or namamatid ng players.

Edited by photographer

imo ok na yung 70K fine malaki na rin yun...

tungkol sa komento ni Brown.. i think pagsasabihan na rin sila ng ROS mngt. pero i dont think they can restrain it..

cguro dpat gayahin na rin ng PBA ang NBA sa pagiging strict sa loob at labas ng playing court

Management yes. But with a coach like Yeng, I doubt matitigil ang bruising plays ng ROS. Tama ka dapat PBA super strict pa nuon pa. Lumala kasi with the likes of Yeng and Belga walking away with murder in their hands. Hindi kasi sinasabihan.

Yes I am angry with belga because it was ginebra who get victimized. IMHO, Jawo et al from their prime eras could be double as belga today. Mabuti nga ngayon wala ng sahuran na nangyayari e puro sa baba na lang ang tirahan...

Common sa players to be hard on each other basta sa loob lang ng court. The only irritating and worrying about is belga antics to the fans.

The way he respond could resulted into much more damage in the PBA. Joke na nga ang tawag sa liga pati ba na naman sa mga fans na minumura maliit lang ang penalty...

BS din ang sistema ni Salud e. yung import ng purefoods sinabihan si pacman na joke daw sa PBA, putsa 250k ang penalty samantalang si belga minura at dinuro yung mga fans e less than 100k lang...

Yes I am angry with belga because it was ginebra who get victimized. IMHO, Jawo et al from their prime eras could be double as belga today. Mabuti nga ngayon wala ng sahuran na nangyayari e puro sa baba na lang ang tirahan...

Common sa players to be hard on each other basta sa loob lang ng court. The only irritating and worrying about is belga antics to the fans.

The way he respond could resulted into much more damage in the PBA. Joke na nga ang tawag sa liga pati ba na naman sa mga fans na minumura maliit lang ang penalty...

BS din ang sistema ni Salud e. yung import ng purefoods sinabihan si pacman na joke daw sa PBA, putsa 250k ang penalty samantalang si belga minura at dinuro yung mga fans e less than 100k lang...

oo nga, double standard si salud.

this separates the boys from the men and it differentiates jawo from the goons.

Lumaki kasi apat na penalties combined. ROS? In the first place why hire a congressman? sa dami ng ginawang bad example sa kaugalian which is bad for the youth (ginagaya tuloy) ni guiao,ROS should have fired him long time ago pa. I cannot recall when Jawo as a coach naninipa or namamatid ng players.

agree... wala ring sumisita sa media or sa kongreso ng mga ginagawa ni Yeng sa PBA. Hindi magandang example at pangit na image for a respected politician. Sunud sunuran din kasi ang ROS management ke Yeng, utang na loob nila ang pagpapalakas ng team ke yeng despite a very small budget and with unheard players rising to star status. Dapat sa kanila mag umpisa ang pag tame ng players at coaches nila compare to SMC teams and Alaska which has more control of their team on and off the court.

• Like (+1) 1

So many inconsistencies on officiating. Well, no wonder their consultant/head, Perry Martinez is so inconsistent with his remarks/comments during interviews. With this "no harm/no foul" rule, dapat top quality referees ang kailangan or else mangyayari a referee cannot differentiate the tactics of Jawo with that of rough up tactics of Belga.

Taunting the fans for me should be allowed....makes the game(PBA) more interesting...however cheap shots like those of belgas and abuevas should warrant some sort of heavy fines...and of course cussing and cheap antics e.g. flashing the dirty finger and the sam cassel balls walk are absolutely a no, no.....same with throwing bottles etc to hardcourt....however salud has been acting weird lately...alllowing much leeway for abueva and belga....and yeng guiao also...if those flagrant/ technical fouls were called by the referees against RoS....ginebra would be leading double digit by that time....saving ato the blame....

Anyway....the battle for the 6,7 and 8 spots are now interesting....sucks bigtime if ginebra fails to qualify.....

• Like (+1) 1

Kung gusto ni Salud na, sabi niya, image ng liga, he should have banned na Yeng Guiao, Belga and Abueva. Paulit ulit mas lalo yung absentee congressman. Halos tuwing laro na lang may technical foul and not just technical foul, talagang nasa TV na kitang kita mo immorality nuong kalbo. Tapos ang dalas pang close up sa kanya kapag ma controversy sa court. Hindi nakikita ni Salud yun. Pinagbibigyan. Walang warnings whatsoever. pasalamat ang ibang teams sa Ginebra fan na nagbato ng bote at nagising at namutat sa katotohanan ang sentido ni Salud.

• Like (+1) 2

oo nga, double standard si salud.

Hindi lang yun, Purefoods Import was telling the TRUTH. I'm not against with Pacman and all his achievements. If we're looking at the big picture pacman is just totally a kid in PBA. There are far more aspiring players who wants to be in the league, dreaming to become pro and yet pacman just one click then turned pro.

Salud is responsible for all these BS. What he is trying to prove na during his time he was able to achieve more comparing with other commissioners?

C'mom, He sucks bigtime in the eyes of the true basketball fans.

Sorry medyo na OFF TOPIC.

• Like (+1) 1

Hindi lang yun, Purefoods Import was telling the TRUTH. I'm not against with Pacman and all his achievements. If we're looking at the big picture pacman is just totally a kid in PBA. There are far more aspiring players who wants to be in the league, dreaming to become pro and yet pacman just one click then turned pro.

Salud is responsible for all these BS. What he is trying to prove na during his time he was able to achieve more comparing with other commissioners?

C'mom, He sucks bigtime in the eyes of the true basketball fans.

Sorry medyo na OFF TOPIC.

just to add although OT...the purefoods import and blackman before of san miguel beer are just examples of salud's double standard. how about the fight between ping and nabong before? halos nagsabong yung dalawa sa gitna ng court. and what did they get from salud? one game suspension on both? come on salud!!! abogado ka pa naman. where is your sense of fair play? or do you even have one to begin with? :D Edited by junix

just to add although OT...the purefoods import and blackman before of san miguel beer are just examples of salud's double standard. how about the fight between ping and nabong before? halos nagsabong yung dalawa sa gitna ng court. and what did they get from salud? one game suspension on both? come on salud!!! abogado ka pa naman. where is your sense of fair play? or do you even have one to begin with? :D

Exactly! Remember RoS management who rants on the way rookies was drafted during selection time. I think this was the time of Pringle and others e.

Dun sa playing ng PBA about physicality, It is common to us pinoy to play rough or may be sticky because this was the culture left by other PBA players.

We even label us (tough physicality) from other countries because of imports who played here and experienced the pinoy style of basketball.

We must admit it now guys na Ginebra na ang sinisindak ngayon... sad to say pero totoo, iilan na lang kasi sa kanila ang talagang may puso sa basketball. Yun iba kasi sa kanila-sweldo na lang ang tinitignan...