Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

1370960880[/url]' post='8724667']

agree.... pero espiritu i think is really good.. sayang... i never believe that taha will be good 1 two years down the line... and you trade nya to ginebra for mike cortez before is not the best for the team... anyway sana madisiplina si aguilar

In the uaap espiritu plays the 4 i think and he's too small to play that position in the pba. He's proven he can play 3 a position the gin kings are "loaded" with baracael, ellis and dylan. While as you say he is good i think the names mentioned are better than him so he's the odd man out.

I agree the trade of taha for cortez is unfavorable to gsm. A draft pick would haveeven things out. Well look at it this way cortez and espiritu for japeth ang nangyari. Mas ok na siguro kaysa si raymundo for japeth

• Like (+1) 1

Overall the smc group paid a stiff price to acquire aguilar ...

That's taha and jwash plus a first rounder and 2 second round picks for japeth and jason.

I dont think japeth fits the center position. He plays the 4 just like jwash. Anu kaya si jwash na lang ang napunta sa ginebra?

• Like (+1) 1

Kyogi san, if having "ego" is an issue with JWash, i think same with Japeth. At least si Jwash nakapagpakita na.

Tingin ko masyadong bilib sa sarili itong batang ito based on his past issues.

He got his opportunity to shine with a team like global but it seems they also gave up on him. First lumiit yun playing time then ngayon naitrade.

Oh well i hope hindi umiral yun feeling magaling ni Japeth. I hope he can accept his role and contribute. Un pagiging star that will come naturally kapag may ibubuga talaga.

If he could only play and contribute to this team like his father did way back then, am sure malaki ang maitutulong ni Japeth sa GSM

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1

Kyogi san, if having "ego" is an issue with JWash, i think same with Japeth. At least si Jwash nakapagpakita na.

Tingin ko masyadong bilib sa sarili itong batang ito based on his past issues.

He got his opportunity to shine with a team like global but it seems they also gave up on him. First lumiit yun playing time then ngayon naitrade.

Oh well i hope hindi umiral yun feeling magaling ni Japeth. I hope he can accept his role and contribute. Un pagiging star that will come naturally kapag may ibubuga talaga.

If he could only play and contribute to this team like his father did way back then, am sure malaki ang maitutulong ni Japeth sa GSM

I share your opinion padre!

If Japeth is really a 'good merchandise' , somehow he wouldn't be a trade bait at the least...TnT and Global were willing to let him go...

Seems like it. At least, until Mikee Romero approves of it.

Kesa naman Meralco. Ang gusto Raymundo for Asi. Some rumors even say that they want Raymundo and Urbiztondo for Asi and Hodge, but I doubt this is true with their acquiring Jared Dillinger.

Eto trade summaries as of today:

1. Barako - Talk N' Text

a. Barako - acquired the rights to Jared Dillinger

b. Talk N' Text - acquired the rights to Sean Anthony

2. Barako - Meralco

a. Barako - acquired the rights to Ronjay Buenafe and Gilbert Bulawan

b. Meralco - acquired the rights to Jared Dillinger and Don Allado

Summary:

1. Barako now have - Ronjay Buenafe and Gilbert Bulawan

2. Meralco now have- Jared Dillinger and Don Allado

3. Talk N' Text now has - Sean Anthony

Sila nagpapalakas na. Ang BGSM kaya??

ako ok sana sakin yung Asi Taulava and Cliff Hodge for Kerby Raymundo and Josh Urbiztondo :rolleyes:

pareho matanda si Asi and Kerby, pero panalo naman BGSM kay Hodge! :rolleyes:

imagine you Have Aguilar, Hodge and Ellis on the frontline... tapos Caguioa and Tenorio sa

guards... ayos na ayos yan, magkaroon lang ng chemistry, panalo na yan!:rolleyes:

Ginebra will be breaking rebounds records, hahaha :lol:

Meralco willing to make deal to pave way for Taulava return to PBA, says GregorioBy Snow Badua

June 14, 2013, 03:31 pm

http://contents.spin.ph/image/smbasi.jpg
“Asi (Taulava) has signified his intention to play for Ginebra … hindi namin haharangin yun,” says Meralco coach Ryan Gregorio. “Pero Ginebra has to talk to us, offer us - we will say yes or no (to the proposal)." Jerome Ascano

FOR the right deal, Meralco is willing to give up the rights to Asi Taulava to pave the way for the

ageless Asean Basketball League MVP's return to the PBA, Bolts coach Ryan Gregorio told Spin.ph on Friday.

Aware of Taulava's expressed desire to return to the PBA and play for Barangay Ginebra, Gregorio insists that the Bolts "will want to have someone with the same value in return."

“Never misconstrue that we are blocking his return (to the PBA)," Gregorio said. "We are willing to listen to whatever offer they (interested teams) want.

“Asi has signified his intention to play for Ginebra … hindi namin haharangin yun,” added the outspoken coach. “Pero Ginebra has to talk to us, offer us - we will say yes or no (to the proposal).

“Handa akong tumulong kay Asi, but it’s really up to the interested party. We are willing to listen, but of course, not for a song,” Gregorio added without mentioning what he specifically wants in return.

The Meralco coach admitted the team's plans for this season were left in disarray when Taulava turned down a two-year offer with maximum salary to join the San Miguel Beermen in the ABL.

“It was really reaping time for us now supposedly, (but) Asi left us with a huge vacuum and our team’s campaign was derailed,” said the multi-titled mentor.

“From my understanding, (Asi) left us saying he wants to play in a league lower than the PBA because he wants to be with his family more often - and we respected that decision.”

But Meralco has since moved on and is willing to part with the rights for Taulava, Gregorio added.

“Pero ngayon, sanay na kami nang wala siya. That’s why we can already let him go - he has no value to our team now eh,” the former PBA Press Corps Coach of the Year awardee said.

However, that doesn't mean the Bolts are willing to let go of Taulava for a song, he added.

“Pero ibang usapan na when he said he wanted to play and return to the PBA, where he really belongs,” said Gregorio. “But to say, ‘The ball is in our hands’ on the issue, that’s not true.

“Hindi naman kami ang may kailangan kay Asi na eh. So they (Ginebra) should offer us - then we will agree or not agree."

Gregorio believes that Taulava still has what it takes to play at a higher level in the PBA, as shown by his stellar play in the ABL where he led from the front in the Beermen's run to a maiden title.

“Time is not on his side - and this is the perfect time to return (to the PBA) because he is on a high,” Gregorio said.

Gregorio bared that the Taulava deal might be the last transaction they will work on before the season-ending Governors Cup kicks off on August 14.

As for the reported trade talks with Air 21 involving Meralco’s Carlo Sharma, Rey Guevarra and Vic Manuel and the Express’ John Wilson, Noy Baclao and James Sena, Gregorio said "it hasn’t developed yet. And there’s nothing to decide on.”

I share your opinion padre!

If Japeth is really a 'good merchandise' , somehow he wouldn't be a trade bait at the least...TnT and Global were willing to let him go...

correct! they will try to keep him kung talagang both his attitude and work ethics are good... from what i remeber, global port wanted to build a team around him pero di ko alam what went wrong at naitrade agad...

ah mas gusto ko pa din si Asi Taulava na lang sa Barangay kaysa kay Japeth.. if mag rematch ang Alaska vs. Ginkings tatalunin pa din ng Alaska ang Ginebra.. bakit kamo.. kasi walang silang matatag na sentro.. walang babangga kay thoss sa gitna.. kumuha na lang ng player yung patpatin pa..konti bangga lang yan aatras sigurado kahit sabihin athletic sya... mas maigi pang si major pain na lang uli kahit may edad na... at least they have the power inside of the shaded lane.. parang si kerby raymundo na pinabata at pinatangkad lang si japeth.. may attitude problem wala pa naman napapatunayan sa pba.. kaya binabangko ni chot dati eh... porke may training or nakapaglaro abroad di dapat ganun... tsk.

bakit di na pinaglalaro si junthy valenzuela? sayang naman...

ALFRANCIS TO JAPETH: “THIS IS YOUR TIME”

MANILA - Ginebra coach Alfrancis Chua sees a bright future for latest recruit Japeth Aguilar once the PBA Governors’ Cup opens shop on August 14.

Interviewed by Solar Sports Desk, Chua said the high-flying 6-foot-9 Aguilar has a lot of strong points which he could use once he proudly dons the Ginebra jersey.

“Ang dami ngang nagtatanong kung kwatro siya o singko. Pero by the time na ma-realize niya na nasa loob na siya at malaman na niya yung dugong Ginebra, mismo siya mag-aadjust na kung ano ang maitutulong niya sa team,” said Chua.

Chua said no coach or players from Aguilar’s past teams should be blamed why the former top rookie pick became a disappointment in his first four years in the league.

“Actually, lahat ng mga coach na dumaan sa kaniya magagaling eh. Siguro ngayon it’s a matter of him thinking, ‘teka muna, ano ba kulang sa akin bakit nalilipat ako?’ Pero I think when it comes to maturity andiyan na kay Japeth,” said Chua.

With Ginebra, Chua said Aguilar will have the freedom doing whatever he wants to do on offense for as long as he cooperates with their defensive system.

“I’m giving him the freedom to play. Basta dedepensa ka kasi pag hindi ka dedepensa hindi kita gagamitin,” said Chua. “This is your time. Look around you. Makikita mo kung ano kulang ng team. You don’t have to worry kung makakalaro ka ng maganda o hindi. Let’s just enjoy this.”

Chua believes that once this deal turns out well, he foresees an exciting run-and-gun Ginebra team.

“Ang maganda dito, he can run with us. Kung sa kwatro siya, apat na yung tumatakbo sa amin ngayon. Maganda tignan yun pag sasabay siya sa takbuhan kasi Japeth can finish the break,” said Chua.

In a recent four-team blockbuster trade, Aguilar was released by Gobal Port to Ginebra by acquiring young center Yousef Taha and a 2013 first round pick from Barako Bull. That Barako Bull pick, which is originally owned by Talk ‘N Text was obtained by Ginebra for Elmer Espiritu.

The Batang Pier meanwhile got Jay Washington from Petron for Jason Deutchman and second round picks in 2016 and 2017.

Though he produced measly numbers, Aguilar still played his best basketball with Global Port where he averaged 10.5 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 14 games.

Before seeing action for Global Port, Aguilar played 52 games for Talk ‘N Text, averaging 6.5ppg, 4.1rpg & 1.3bpg.

GREEN LIGHT FOR SMC COACHING CAROUSEL

<h2 style="color: rgb(60, 157, 104); font-size: 12px; line-height: 0.5em;"></h2>No less than 11 personalities were involved in the revamp that the giant diversified corporation undertook a little less than two months before the start of the 2013 PBA Governors’ Cup.

Headlining the rigodon is Gelacio “Gee” Abanilla, who was appointed to take over from Olsen Racela as head coach of the Petron Blaze Boosters.

Team managers Hector Calma and Samboy Lim, and assistant coaches Siot Tanquingcen, Ato Agustin, Koy Banal and Jorge Gallent also got involved in the musical chairs, transplanted to new teams or new positions.

Leo Austria and Boyzie Zamar, meanwhile, were tapped to come aboard.

Also expected to join the group in the next few days is ABL champion coach Todd Purves.

Given a major facelift was Petron, obviously as a result of its disappointing showing the last two years.

As head coach, Abanilla will work closely with incoming consultant Purves and assistant coaches Austria, Banal and Biboy Ravanes.

Tanquingcen will work as team manager in lieu of Calma, who was appointed as alternate representative to the PBA Board of Governors.

Lim also moved up from team manager to Alternate Governor at Barangay Ginebra San Miguel. PBA Board chair Robert Non, representing Ginebra, will now also assume the duty of being team manager of the Kings.

From Petron, Racela was transferred to San Mig Coffee, joining Johnny Abarrientos, Jeffrey Cariaso and Richard del Rosario as coach Tim Cone’s assistants.

“Moving Olsen over under coach Tim is actually a continuation of his proper training,” said Non. ”Who better to learn from than from a head coach who has 14 titles under his belt.”

The Ginebra coaching staff also saw some changes despite a solid showing in the team’s first conference under head coach Alfrancis Chua.

With Juno Sauler and Allan Caidic tasked to work full time at La Salle, tapped as additions to Chua’s team are Zamar, Gallent and Agustin.

“Priority nina Juno, Allan and Zamar (UE) iyung commitments sa respective schools nila kaya we decided to go with a bigger staff. Tulad sa Petron, magtutulungan din sila,” said Non.

Non hastened to add nothing is permanent.

“Continuing process ang evaluation ng mga coaches, like the players sa amin. What we want is to come up with the best possible combinations,” said Non.

“We in our (SMC) group have a continuing process of evaluation and periodic reviews, just like what we do in business, and sometimes we do it as pahiyang,” Non further explained.

“In this case, we would like to do another pahiyang by appointing Gee Abanilla to be the head coach of Petron,” Non added. (SB)

Ano ba yan tinambakan ng pagkadami-daming asst coach ang GSM. Alam natin ang kasabihang two heads are better than one pero baka naman maging mas magulo kapag pagkadami-daming idea ang lumalabas.

Incidentally, nabasa ko sa Spin na pinupuntirya rin ng SMC si Coach Alas para maging Asst Coach ng GSM at "may plano" daw sa kanya ang SMC Management. I suppose it will be a head coaching position eventually if not sa PBA then ABL siguro.

Almost a done deal

Ginebra gets Taulava, Baclao

Air 21 gets Willie Wilson, Vic Manuel

Meralco gets Josh Urbiztondo, John Wilson

Solid frontline for BGSM!

-Snow Badua

If this is true... Just imagine: JAPETH, ASI, MENK, HATFIELD, MAMARIL, RAYMUNDO, ELLIS. Almost as tall as the SMC Mixers frontline. Almost as hardy (if not harder) than Alaska's.