Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

what a win by Ginebra over Rain or Shine 97-90!

PS. what a dunk by Chris Ellis before the buzzer ended!

Another epic comeback by Ginebra. Regarding his dunk, matagal nang gigil na gigil si Ellis to show his dunking prowess kaso ball hog si MC47 lately eh, gusto kasi s'ya lagi ang bida, true blue Ginebra fan ako pero nakakabanas ang pagiging buwaya ni MC47. Also, Ellis' first dunk before that ang nagbigay ng morale boast sa kanila para makahabol, let's not forget 'yung 3-point play n'ya off chris tiu during a fastbreak, na-TIUTORIZED si tiu hehe

nice win....

nasunog si Mc47.. playing 21 minutes in the first half.. good thing it comes out a blessing in disguise... kasi naging unpredictable offense ng Ginebra with mark sitting out the last 6:00 minutes ng 4th period. ;)

Nakahabol nga ang Ginebra noon wala si MC47 eh, mas maganda kasi ang naging team work nila noon wala s'ya sa loob, whereas pag nasa loob s'ya tira lang ng tira, me isang fastbreak attempt nga s'ya against 4 players of ros, pinuwersa n'ya sa 4 na players ng ros mintis, gayung me libre naman at pwede n'yang pasahan.

THE BEST GAME I EVER SAW THIS CONFERENCE!

I concur!

buhay na buhay ang barangay!!! never-say-die ginebra does it again...gin kings now on a 4-game winning streak. fantastic reverse windmill dunk by ginebra rookie ellis :)

Jordan-esqu ang dunk n'ya na 'yun, pucha panigurado kasali sa sla dunk contest si Ellis

No big deal: Mark Caguioa understands endgame benching in Ginebra win

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Sunday, November 25, 2012 · 10:32 pm http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/10/ginebra-team-shot-2012.jpgAKTV/Paolo Papa

When Barangay Ginebra San Miguel makes a patented comeback in the fourth quarter, the “Never Say Die” team usually depends on superstar guard Mark Caguioa to lead the charge.

But on Sunday, the Gin Kings overhauled Rain or Shine’s lead late in the game with the reigning Most Valuable Player on the bench — and Caguioa was cool with it.

“I understand when Coach [siot Tanquingcen] called me out,” Caguioa told InterAKTV. “Admittedly, I wasn’t my usual self tonight because I wasn’t practicing for two days because of personal reasons.”

Caguioa finished with 18 points, but struggled on 6-for-22 shooting from the field. He was also an atrocious 4-for-9 from the free throw line.

“I was surprised I was missing even the free throws. I guess I need to work more on that,” said Caguioa. “But honestly, I think me sitting on the bench and watching the other guys step up was a blessing in disguise.”

Caguioa said he was delighted to see his teammates step up in his stead.

“I love to see those guys, Chris (Ellis), LA (Tenorio) and Jayjay (Helterbrand) providing the energy for our team and look where we’re now. We’re winning,” said Caguioa.

Maganda din talaga ang defense sa kanya ni Norwood, 6'6 ba naman ang nasa harap mo at me mahahabang mga galamay, eh s'ya barely 6'1..

Edited by Agent_mulder

so sino sa palagay mo ang dapat na take charge guy?

Sir sorry to butt in, pero tingin ko iba naman ang taking-charge sa pagbubuwaya na, against ros me instances na 4 na ang bantay n'ya pinilit pa din n'ya ang result mintis, me instances din naman ne pwede n'yang ipasa pero pinipilit pa din n'ya, equal opportunity lang sana sa offense, kita mo nga against ros noon wala s'ya sa playing court saka nakahabol at lumamang ang Ginebra..

Edited by Agent_mulder

Sir sorry to butt in, pero tingin ko iba naman ang taking-charge sa pagbubuwaya na, against ros me instances na 4 na ang bantay n'ya pinilit pa din n'ya ang result mintis, me instances din naman ne pwede n'yang ipasa pero pinipilit pa din n'ya, equal opportunity lang sana sa offense, kita mo nga against ros noon wala s'ya sa playing court saka nakahabol at lumamang ang Ginebra..

i was just perturbed by the word "buwaya". i mean that's mark caguioa for pete's sake. the same guy who's been carrying the team on his shoulders for years. the guy earned my respect for his efforts. this is one guy who always acknowledge the fans whenever he's interviewed. you refer to the player as "buwaya" is a bit unfair.. yes there were times caguioa forces his shots, but who doesn't? every leader of a team will try to get their offense going on an off night even if he has to force his shots. james yap for instance. even jimmy alapag. or gary david. i never heard anyone called them "buwaya".

you call bgk's acknowledged leader, the current league mvp, perennial bpc awardee, as "buwaya", i will defend him.

MC47 is BGK's Go to guy, just like MJ was Chicago's or every team he ever played with...

willing to take the shot when everyone else is thinking of whom to pass to...

sabi nga '' you will never make the shot , u never take :rolleyes:

Ellis and Maliksi should assert themselves more on the offensive and be the "slasher type of player " para mas magkaron sila ng role at maging effective sila sa team IMHO...

maka 12000 din kaya sa attendance sa Friday Game... :rolleyes:

will we see another talented big man wasted? i will not be surprised if kerby asks to be traded soon.

i hope not..tapos sa ibang team na naman siya mag-flourish just like cortez, baguio, yancy among others

MC47 is BGK's Go to guy, just like MJ was Chicago's or every team he ever played with...

willing to take the shot when everyone else is thinking of whom to pass to...

sabi nga '' you will never make the shot , u never take :rolleyes:

exactly as i see it..

Edited by ray004

i was just perturbed by the word "buwaya". i mean that's mark caguioa for pete's sake. the same guy who's been carrying the team on his shoulders for years. the guy earned my respect for his efforts. this is one guy who always acknowledge the fans whenever he's interviewed. you refer to the player as "buwaya" is a bit unfair.. yes there were times caguioa forces his shots, but who doesn't? every leader of a team will try to get their offense going on an off night even if he has to force his shots. james yap for instance. even jimmy alapag. or gary david. i never heard anyone called them "buwaya".

you call bgk's acknowledged leader, the current league mvp, perennial bpc awardee, as "buwaya", i will defend him.

well said!

Is Kerby injured? parang nawawala na siya sa rotation ng big men...

A place for Kerby Raymundo

Kerby Raymundo, a certified All-Star, now comes off the bench for Barangay Ginebra and his minutes are dwindling but coach Siot Tanquingcen says it’s not an indication of an inability to produce in the PBA Philippine Cup.

In Ginebra’s 97-90 win over Rain Or Shine at the Smart Araneta Coliseum last Sunday, Raymundo collected only two points and two rebounds in six minutes. The man called The Kid had sat out three of the last four outings and in the game he played, the former Letran star from Bataan went scoreless. He’s averaging 7.1 points, 4.1 rebounds and 15.1 minutes so far.

Somehow, Raymundo has lost his spot in Tanquingcen’s primary rotation. Since his three-day confinement in a hospital for a viral infection a few weeks ago, he hasn’t been the same. Billy Mamaril and Rico Maierhofer have started 11 straight games for Ginebra in the frontline, leaving Raymundo to share bench chores with Rudy Hatfield and Willy Wilson as their relievers.

Raymundo, 31, played only five games in 2010-11, recovering from a knee injury, but rebounded to average 9.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 25.3 minutes in 45 contests last campaign. He left B-Meg to join Ginebra starting the second conference last season and had 19 starts in 29 outings under Tanquingcen. Because of Ginebra’s depth, Raymundo never got to play the three spot and instead alternated at four or five. Raymundo has been known to play three positions in the past, making him an extremely valuable commodity. Lately, Raymundo has been designated to play five, posting up back-to-the-basket and using his quickness to spin away from low block defenders.

“Kerby’s a professional,” said Tanquingcen. “It’s always a tough decision which players to use because there are only so many minutes in a game. I’ve talked with Kerby and he understands what we’re trying to do. It’s not easy. We’re making adjustments after losing Dylan (Ababou) and Mike (Cortez). Everyone is sacrificing for the good of the team. One adjustment that’s working is playing three guards with L. A. (Tenorio), Jay-Jay (Helterbrand) and Mark (Caguioa). The veterans know how to close out games, they’re our reliables.”

Ginebra came from 18 points down to stun Rain Or Shine, outscoring the Painters, 55-33 in the second half. Tenorio broke out of a scoreless first period to fire 11 of his 20 points in the fourth. He also compiled seven rebounds, 10 assists and two steals. Six players grabbed at least seven rebounds each as Ginebra controlled the boards, 59-51, by committee. Caguioa, as usual, kept the Ginebra flag flying when Rain Or Shine threatened to break away in the first half and wound up with 18 points, 10 in the second quarter. High-flying Chris Ellis delivered 15 points and seven rebounds while Mamaril, fitting in nicely at center, had 12 points and nine boards.

Ginebra has won four in a row and will play Air 21 on Friday, Barako on Dec. 2 and Talk ‘N’ Text on Dec. 9 close its elimination schedule. Theoretically, the Barangay is still in contention for either first or second place in the standings. Finishing in the top two guarantees a twice-to-beat advantage in the first wave of playoffs.

Now that Ginebra’s on a winning streak, Raymundo’s future appears to be in doubt. It would be a different situation if the Barangay was losing. Is Raymundo looking for a new home where his talents will be put to full use? Could he be a better fit in another team where he is able to play multiple positions?

Source: Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star

tama, one cannot argue with success, pero they are playing different teams every week now... how long will the current formula will carry the team in the future... in a series when you gotta play the same team a number of times in succession, dito papasok ang lalim ng line-up, in every position, - ang number ng option ng team to counter and react sa adjustment ng opposing team.

Kerby is noticeably not his usual self... problem with him is coming off injury kelangan nya makabalik sa condition... and limited talaga game playing minutes niya.. pero sa times na ipinapasok siya madals sablay mga galaw at he's making poor shot selection... even for such a limited playing time sana maka swerte siya to be productive to gain his self confidence and earn him more playing minutes... IMHO

tama, one cannot argue with success, pero they are playing different teams every week now... how long will the current formula will carry the team in the future... in a series when you gotta play the same team a number of times in succession, dito papasok ang lalim ng line-up, in every position, - ang number ng option ng team to counter and react sa adjustment ng opposing team.

Kerby is noticeably not his usual self... problem with him is coming off injury kelangan nya makabalik sa condition... and limited talaga game playing minutes niya.. pero sa times na ipinapasok siya madals sablay mga galaw at he's making poor shot selection... even for such a limited playing time sana maka swerte siya to be productive to gain his self confidence and earn him more playing minutes... IMHO

Number 3. position kasi dapat si Kerby para lang siyang si Cyrus nung nasa Ginebra.

honestly i pity kerby raymundo. he's a good player but he seems cannot achieve his full potential. he's always overshadowed by other players. sayang ang talent and skills ni kerby.

IMHO, there's no reason to pity him. The guy has been in the league for so long. He was basically the franchise player before he was traded to Ginebra. The guy overshadowed players with potential before just the same way.

Other players in the roster have equal talent and skills, and a basketball game can only field 5 players at a time. It was a coaching decision to bench Kerby. Ganun talaga. Kung mabangko si Rico M or si Wilson ganun din ang sasabihin. One or two players are bound to be benched.

Edited by munchkins and donuts