Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Eto yung latest update na napulot ko mga kapatid.

PBA updates

According to sources , Air21 offers Yousef Taha , Rob Reyes, James Ryan Sena and Bonbon Custodio to Ginebra for Billy Mamaril, Mike Cortez , and Willy Wilson

BUT Ginebra wants a three team trade, offers Elmer Espiritu and Billy Mamaril plus a future 2nd round draft pick for Barako Bull's Ronald Tubid and Doug Kramer, then Mike Cortez and Willy Wilson for Yousef Taha, Rob Reyes and Bonifacio Custodio

Air 21's initial offer seems to be good already. With Sena, Reyes and Taha, BGK got additional ceiling while Bonbon provides additional firepower. But if Barako Bull joins the trade scenario, it will be a great deal.

Edited by avi_sala

After five straight losses, Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is looking for answers.

According to most of the team’s fans, a change in the coaching staff is in order to arrest the losing skid.

In a poll on InterAKTV asking how the team should deal with its losing streak, majority of fans voted for a change in the squad’s brain trust led by coach Siot Tanquingcen.

As of 7:55 p.m. on Monday, 36.92 percent of voters wanted changes in the coaching staff. Another 31.43 percent of voters, meanwhile, wanted the team to make changes in its coaching staff and its player lineup.

But some fans would rather see the team stay put and build its chemistry, as 23 percent of the voters wanted the team to do nothing.

Only 8.68 percent of fans wanted to see a trade to change the lineup without a change in the coaching staff.

Almost 4,000 votes have been cast in the poll.

i don't think tweaking the lineup is the solution at this point. i may not be a basketball expert but i think it is more of siot's inability to maximize the talent that he has. he just can't seem to squeeze out the best from his players. malamang kung si jawo yan, baka biglang mabuhayan yang mga yan. it's just disappointing at this stage to watch how the gin kings are playing. walaaaaaaang kabuhay-buhay :(

Partly you are correct sir, making major changes sa line-up won't offer a quick fix sa woe/s ng Ginebra ngayon, ganda naman ng first 2 games nila though some or if not many na mahina ang global port as compared to the other teams yet nakita doon run-and-gun offense nila. We knew na to have have a run-and-gun offense you have to control the rebounds which they are doing naman as based on what i've heard fr. the sportscaster sila ang top rebounding team kahit maliit sila as compared to san mig coffee and petron. Definitely a change sa head coach is needed na dapat noon pa nila ginawa even before the start of the conference..

simula pa lang glaring na uli ang panic mode ni Siot... inside 2:00 minutes of the first quarter.. pinagsabay si coolCat and La sa loob .. e parehong point guard-- meaning they r tasked to move the ball around for the scorers to score.. okey na yun e kaso hindi na nga makascore.. e ang isabay pa sa loob si --willy, si Billy and Rudy... maliliit na nga wala pang scoring instinct, malaking sablay talaga... how many times nag error sila that time... walang gustong tumira... though both gurads try to set their teammates up...

Me instances nga na nasa loob sina Hatfield at Wilson, maski na magaling sa pwestuhan ang dalawa sa ilalim mahihirapan sila sa combination ng pingris, yancy, devance, reavis.

lugi BGK... ill let go of cortez. package deal kasama si siot..... :lol:

kidding aside.. i will stick with cortez... cortez and LA is a solid PG tandem... JJ with those recurring injuries... will be having a hard time gettting in the groove, and having father time not on his side..

i still stick with the line up... and maybe look elesewhere. Di ba pede hugutin si Asi...?

if it's cortez they want, Give us BAclao... ;) and please.... take siot as a freebie :lol:

Sayang nga din si Cortez if ever ite-trade nila, tingin ko, good for maybe 2 to 3 years na lang si Helterbrand kaya they need those 2 to quarterback for them.

Franz Pumaren will finally get the player on top of his wish list — veteran point guard Mike Cortez.

Barangy Ginebra San Miguel has closed a deal to send the ‘Cool Cat’ to the Air 21 Express, reuniting him with his former college coach, in return for promising rookie big man Yousef Taha.

An unimpeachable source privy to the discussions told InterAKTV that the deal is “already done.”

“Taha for Cortez will push through,” said the source, who requested anonymity. “It’s already done. We had another option, but it didn’t materialize, so we pushed through with this.”

Ginebra and Air 21 settled the one-on-one deal instead of an earlier proposed transaction that also involved Petron, which was supposedly to send Denok Miranda to Ginebra.

Instead, the Gin Kings will have another additional frontliner who can boost the team’s depleted lineup.

Ginebra lost forward Dylan Ababou to an ACL injury for six to eight months, while Allein Maliksi, Kerby Raymundo, and Jayjay Helterbrand have also been in sick bay.

Raymundo’s absence left Billy Mamaril as the only legitimate center in the team’s lineup.

Meanwhile, Cortez has long been on the radar of Pumaren, who coached the veteran guard in La Salle.

Pumaren couldn’t be reached for comment at this time, but the Air 21 coach has been very vocal about his desire to be reunited with his former star guard to help shore up the backcourt of the Express.

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is in the middle of a tough slump and everyone is looking for answers. Maybe these guys can help?

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/11/ginebra-pba-meme.jpg

hmmmm, nasagot na kaya problema... :rolleyes:

problem is Post threat... not necessary a dominant one. pero a post player.... hmm i think di pa din solid solution

problem is rebounds daw...? pero i think the reason we cant get rebounds is 1, we commit TO first b4 even making a shot.... 2; most shots mades r from mid and long range because we don't have a post player creating shots in the paint, hence we dont have peeps inside the shaded lane positioned for rebounds..

now, with the departure of Cortez.. only LA is our legit point on hand, JJ is injured as we all know ...that's a new problem they have to address :unsure:

and finally... :wacko: SIot is still calling the shots.... :lol: :lol:

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is in the middle of a tough slump and everyone is looking for answers. Maybe these guys can help?

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/11/ginebra-pba-meme.jpg

kindly include this one..isusuot na lang yung jersey o!

http://www.abante-tonite.com/issue/june3012/images/sports2.jpg

the players isn't responding to siot as i observed. so trading players will not be solution IMHO. unless i'm proven wrong.

that's what i thought, too. it really begins with the coach. just take powerade for example. even with a ragtag team backstopped by david, casio and lassiter, perasol and powerade did an impressive job last season. why's this so? perasol was able to maximize the talents that he had...every player that was fielded in responded.

suggestion: trade cortez for taha, air 21 needs a point guard, their coach wished for cortez and they have a lot of centers, isip, sena and the return of rob reyes makes them formidable at that spot, while we have a slew of guards we need a center that can rebound and can defend the paint. Taha's plays emboldens the spirit of a ginebra player, like I said this is merely a suggestion thanks

Wow! I suggested this trade and it materialized hopefully our problem in the shaded lane now will be solved with the addition of taha

http://www.pbaddicts.net/t24350-mike-cortez-to-air21-yousef-taha-to-ginebra-trade-sealed

hmmmm, nasagot na kaya problema... :rolleyes:

problem is Post threat... not necessary a dominant one. pero a post player.... hmm i think di pa din solid solution

problem is rebounds daw...? pero i think the reason we cant get rebounds is 1, we commit TO first b4 even making a shot.... 2; most shots mades r from mid and long range because we don't have a post player creating shots in the paint, hence we dont have peeps inside the shaded lane positioned for rebounds..

now, with the departure of Cortez.. only LA is our legit point on hand, JJ is injured as we all know ...that's a new problem they have to address :unsure:

and finally... :wacko: SIot is still calling the shots.... :lol: :lol:

I watched ginebra live last sunday and we were beaten at the rebounding department with the towering presence of Reavis 6'8, De Ocampo 6'9, Pingris 6'7 and Devance 6'7, Hatfield, Mamaril and Ellis struggled defensively, and because of the injury to raymundo we relied heavily on the shooters, weak inside presence was evident, With the trade, Taha would man the shaded lane, can post up and because of his body can give a good pick and roll, For me that is a good trade because both teams addressed their needs

yep, all of 5 L's we lost the rebounding dept. and we also won in the number of TO's... :lol:

they got Big and lost a PG who they also need.. they again tinker with the line-up and added another Rookie... a "nice job" of the Coaching staff in developing the already "cohesive" bgk...

hmm letting go of Yancy, Reavis, and Evill and now getting a rookie though promising is still a rookie...maybe magagamit siya ng mabuti ng coaching staff, magaling sila dito e...pagalingin ang mga rookie... :lol: hirap lang talaga siguro sila sa mga vets na tested na at familiar sa pro ball... :lol: ,

ah good luck sa Team on Friday... hope mag ka FLU si siot...malamig na e... mahamugan ang hairless niyang tuk-tuk :P

ang tanong ngayon kung gagamitin ni kalbo si taha na rookie. ang dami nang nawalang big men ang ginebra dahil di ginagamit...nung nakalipat at nabigyan ng pagkakataon na magpakitang gilas, umasenso. typical examples?...yancy, reavis, kramer, villanueva. i still believe it starts with the coach.

though i am an advocate of trading players, i think ginebra got the raw end of the deal..... The talent of cortez is not comparable to taha at this point.... Hoping this turns out for the best

Taha is ok but it seems Reyes is better. Sayang hindi siya ang kinuha o naibigay.

I think Taha + a 2nd round pick would for Cortez would be the "fair value"

I watched ginebra live last sunday and we were beaten at the rebounding department with the towering presence of Reavis 6'8, De Ocampo 6'9, Pingris 6'7 and Devance 6'7, Hatfield, Mamaril and Ellis struggled defensively, and because of the injury to raymundo we relied heavily on the shooters, weak inside presence was evident, With the trade, Taha would man the shaded lane, can post up and because of his body can give a good pick and roll, For me that is a good trade because both teams addressed their needs

Tapos ang ipapasok ni Siot against those aforementioned big men ng smc sina Hatfield at Wilson, kahit malakas sa rebounding 'yung dalawa dahil magaling sa pwestuhan sa ilalim mahihiarapan naman sila pag ganun kalalaki ang kalaban sa rebounds, dapat yata pataasan na ni Siot ang grado ng salamin n'ya dahil baka 'di n'ya nakikita kung gaano kalalalaki ang mga big men ng smc sa loob.

though i am an advocate of trading players, i think ginebra got the raw end of the deal..... The talent of cortez is not comparable to taha at this point.... Hoping this turns out for the best

Trading away player/s is not the solution, 'yung coach ang dapat nang palitan, kailangan pa ba natin mag petition sa Supreme Court para palitan ang head coach?

pag natalo pa tayo sa global port ewan ko na lang

Ayawan na pag natalo pa sila sir. Wala na nga akong gana manood dahil sa nakikita kong klase ng laro nila the past 5 games, me gustong laging bida dahil tingin n'ya sa kanya ipinasa ni Jawo ang torch kaya pag hawak ang bola tira kahit me libreng kakampi. Haven't you guys noticed it? 'Di magamit ni Ellis ang slamdunking prowess n'ya pano kahit libre na s'ya sa fastbreak 'di yata nakikita ng mga kakampi n'ya eh..

Taha is ok but it seems Reyes is better. Sayang hindi siya ang kinuha o naibigay.

I think Taha + a 2nd round pick would for Cortez would be the "fair value"

Cortez and Maliksi sana for Rob Reyes para sa akin..

Edited by Agent_mulder

According to Snow Badua, lineup muna daw ang aasikasuhin bago yung support. In short, since tapos na yung trade, ang isusunod jan ay yung coach.

Anywho, there's no point in arguing now kung sino lugi sa trade between Cortez and Taha. Overloaded sa guards ang BGK, binawasan ng isa. Kulang sa big men, kumuha. Problem solved, as it seems, at least on paper.

Sabi nga ni @snowbadua sa twitter nya: Taktika ni Freddie Roach: Pounce on the body then hit the head. In Tagalog: TAHA muna bago BUHOK. Management now contemplating on coaching change but everything will start with a trade. So guys hold on. This is going to be a ride.

Sana magkatotoo...