Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

yan ang sinasabi ko na dilemna ng coaching staff, how to give evrybody or all of them the playing time they need.....

IMO... i think they will get their minutes depende sa kalaban nilang team at sa game plan they will be using... against powerade last night... i think minutes ni wilson was occupied more by hatfield and billy mamaril, and pati ni Enrico due to the match up and task of guarding the import who's too tall and stronger for willy to guard, Rico M btw is still nursing a swollen knee...

my point ka jan! pina-pattern na ni Coach Siot yung rotation nya sa line-up ng opposing team. like kahapon, si Ababou & J.Wilson maraming minutes ang nilaro due to defense on G.David.

Napanood ko sa Araneta. This Vroman should cut out his complaining. Inaawat na ni coach ayaw pang tumigil. Halog buong first hanggang third, puro reklamo sa referees. Na technical pa. Reklamo pa rin ng reklamo, naiiwan na sa dependsa at sa plays. Nainis na nga mga teammates niya. Buti at pinagbibigyan pa ng referees kasi during one timeout, tinawag ng ref si JayJay at sinabihan na advise nila na tumitil na si Vroman sa karereklamo. Then this sisihan. Kapag may nagkamali, nagsisisihan, One instance nuong nahirapan mag inbound si Mark kay Raymundo, bumagsak si Mark, habang nasa floor, sinisisi niya si Kerby. In sharp contrast naman sa Meralco, kapag may bumagsak, tulungan, kapag timeout buong team pumupunta sa court congratulating their teammates. May cohesiveness ang Meralco, no plays sa GInebra. Nangingiti tuloy si Jong sa bench ng Meralco.

honestly un din napansin ko kay vroman..medyo malimit magcomplain from 1st quarter......medyo napaaga foul trouble nia..he should understand na iba pagkaphysical ng laro dito...i mean let the couching stuff do the complaining...lolz...i mean hindi kada hawi or dantay sa kanya or tulak eh tatawagan ng referee..its just IMHO lang po...for me he's good...maganda na ung pinakita na aggressiveness ni vroman nung 4th quarter......its just that hindi rin maganda nilaro nung local players...caquia is offnight compare from the other game...hope magblend pa at team work lang talaga..ewan ko lang kung tama pagkakarining ko..correct me if im wrong on this..ayon sa report about vroman...nagaadjust pa sia..also nagustuhan nia ung basketball association dito ....kasi parang nagloloko ata ung lebanon basketball association kaya nasabi nia prefer nia to play here...1 or 2 more games pa makakapagadjust na sia totally...IMHO i mean atleast he should adjust or able to adjust now..its a short elimination round every game is important...we have a chance to be on the firtplace spot kaso...ung last team na nasa standing ang tumalo pa ...macmac cardona has the right to smile after the game...hope vroman keep his composure...so againstill hope to ginebra to be on the top seed...still go ginuman parin....

Napapa iling nga mga fans na katabi ko sa ringside sa inasal ni Vroman kagabi. Sinisigawan na nga siya na to cool off. Walang katapusang reklamo sa referees. Buti na lang (hehehe) medyo ilag i throw out si Vroman ng referees, with the majority of the crowd rooting for Ginebra. Off night ang team kagabi. Alat.......as in super alat. You could hear the gasp of paghihinayang whenever Ginebra constantly failed to cash in sa free throws. Ironically, si Rico Villanueva pa ang nag fair ng maganda sa free throws. Lahat ng players ng Ginebra super malas. Sayang. Nagdiwang pa naman kami sa pagkakatalo ng Talk and Text kasi mag share na sila ng Ginebra sa first place. Sayang. Ang ingay ingay ng paid supporters ng Meralco, complete with distractions, instruments, etc. I remember yung lumang Ginebra, kapag nag t time out si Jawo, lahat ng players sinasalubong yung five na nasa court papunta sa bench. Now, wala nang ganun. Yun namana ang nakita ko sa Meralco. On thing.........VROMAN SHOULD KEEP HIS COOL.

hahaha, you gotta admire this Cardona. He's the one building the inspiration of the team. Nakakahawa ang kanyang kasipagan. Yes, some would say mayabang. But the guy has confidence. Natatawa na lang ako nakapag nasa kanya ang bola, ang lalakas ng BOOOOO! Pero he can take all those in stride and play his usual game, ala James Yap when, during the height of the Kris Aquino scandal, di na di distract sa mga pang aasar ng crowd. The same thing way back during my time, really way back to the younger years of Ginebra aka Anejo Rhum. You will not believe it but our own Jaworski got the raw end of the crowd back then. Crowd would usually shout/chant "lolo" "LOLO" "lolo". That was the time of pre-Patrimonio days. Kapag na kay Jawo yung bola, puro ganun ang chanting: LOLO, LOLO, LOLO. Jawo didn't mind at all, he played his usual GO GO GAME(S) until he slowly but surely built the cult that is the Barangay. Back to Cardona, I think kung puwede nga mapunta siya sa Ginebra as a replacement of Tubid. Forget about the kayabangan. He will lift the spirit of the team, I tell you. Based on the game yesterday, buo ang loob, he does not want to lose, he's a leader in the making. (nandun nga lang si Taulava, na senior tatay nila). Kakainis his antics pero, remember the young Ronald Tubid. Pinagdaanan rin niya yan until he blossomed into the hearts of the fans.

Edited by photographer

IMHO...(wala me sinisisi), not to take away the credit from Meralco....

pero winnable yung game kagabi...

I think late na yung adjustment ng coaching staff 4th quarter na yata, had it been earlier di masyado sana nabaon sa 18 point deficit....

it is clear even sa 1st game na aggressive sa defense si vroman, so prone sa foul trouble.... sitting out most of the 3rd quarter, the meralco import then shoots above everyone, scoring at will... napigilan lang ni Enrico and hatfield sa 4th Q by bodying him up.

the fast and furious are shooting blanks earlier, those r the times, sumugal sana ako with KG and ababou as scoring options... then Kerby...dami missed Free throws and miscues, pati medium j. puro sama ng bitaw...willy wilson should have been in the court much earlier...in place of Kerby sa rotation.

hirap si siot to make adjustment within a game.... pag mejo off mga scoring options niya, he can't devise a new game plan in time...

Coach siot ang lalim na ng line up natin :rolleyes:

IMHO...(wala me sinisisi), not to take away the credit from Meralco....

pero winnable yung game kagabi...

I think late na yung adjustment ng coaching staff 4th quarter na yata, had it been earlier di masyado sana nabaon sa 18 point deficit....

it is clear even sa 1st game na aggressive sa defense si vroman, so prone sa foul trouble.... sitting out most of the 3rd quarter, the meralco import then shoots above everyone, scoring at will... napigilan lang ni Enrico and hatfield sa 4th Q by bodying him up.

the fast and furious are shooting blanks earlier, those r the times, sumugal sana ako with KG and ababou as scoring options... then Kerby...dami missed Free throws and miscues, pati medium j. puro sama ng bitaw...willy wilson should have been in the court much earlier...in place of Kerby sa rotation.

hirap si siot to make adjustment within a game.... pag mejo off mga scoring options niya, he can't devise a new game plan in time...

Coach siot ang lalim na ng line up natin :rolleyes:

'Yun nga din ang iniisip ko, Willy Wilson could have done a much better job in defending and boxing out Hugnatan, as for Cardona, what a time for him to waxed hot against Ginebra pa hehe, tingin ko 'yung pag-depensa sa kanya ni Caguioa took its toll on Caguiao's offense, baka mas maganda pa ang nilagay na lang sa kanya si John Wilson. Dapat din talaga local ang dumedepensa sa import ng opposing team/s and Rico V., Mamaril and Hatfield can do the job (though sa case ni Barron dapat si Rico V. o Mamaril as HAtfield is too short to defend against him). Also, Vroman seems to be forcing 'yung one-on-one plays n'ya, he is better off taking shots off a pass, during fastbreak and screens, foul-prone din talaga s'ya at reklamador, the coaching staff ought to advice him on that

Anticipating Yap's return to PBA SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated March 08, 2012

PBA commissioner Chito Salud said yesterday he has given teams up to Monday to submit interest in signing up former B-Meg guard Roger Yap, now with San Miguel Beer in the ABL, for the purpose of affixing an order of selection if and when he returns to the PBA.

Yap, 34, was recently released by B-Meg after averaging 4.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 13.8 minutes in four games this conference. In the Philippine Cup, he averaged 4.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 21.1 minutes in 16 games. Last season, the 10-year pro averaged 7.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 28.4 minutes. The decline in his playing time prompted Yap to request for a release. With Jonas Villanueva’s reactivation, Yap explored options outside of B-Meg and decided to join San Miguel in the ABL.

While Yap is technically an unrestricted free agent, he is not totally permitted to choose a team to play for in case of a return to the PBA. Salud said there is a five-day grace period, expiring on Monday, within which teams must signify intent to sign up Yap. If a B-Meg sister team, Petron or Barangay Ginebra, signifies intent and a non-B-Meg sister team also expresses intent, Salud said the non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match. If no team signifies interest up to Monday, Yap is free to play for any team of his choice.

“It’s not a right of first refusal by a non-B-Meg sister team,” qualified Salud. “It’s actually a right to match.” PBA special assistant to the commissioner and media bureau chief Willie Marcial explained that for instance, if Petron or Ginebra or even B-Meg makes an offer of P150,000 a month and a non-B-Meg sister team makes an offer of P100,000 a month, the PBA will allow the non-B-Meg sister team to match the higher offer and if it does, Yap then goes to that team. Of course, if a non-B-Meg sister team makes a higher offer than a B-Meg sister team, then Yap automatically goes to the non-B-Meg sister team. If the offer is the same from two or more non-B-Meg sister teams, then Yap may choose which team to play for. If the offer is the same from a non-B-Meg sister team and a B-Meg sister team, the non-B-Meg sister team gains the right to sign Yap. The critical point is a non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match any offer from a B-Meg sister team.

There is talk that Meralco coach Ryan Gregorio is interested to recruit Yap who played for him when they were together at Purefoods. At presstime, no team had signified intent to the PBA. Yap’s most productive PBA season was with Purefoods/B-Meg in 2009-10 when he averaged 10 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 27.4 minutes in 64 outings.

Marcial said Yap’s release by B-Meg is like a player dropped out of the 16-man lineup. Yap’s contract was bought out by San Miguel Beer in the ABL. “Roger is free to play in any league,” said Marcial. “If and when he decides to go back to the PBA, we have a process to follow. If no team signifies interest up to Monday, then he is free to join any team of his choice without restriction. But if a B-Meg sister team and a non-B-Meg sister team signify intent, the rule is the non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match and sign up Roger outright.”

Nagaadjust pa lang si Vroman. Rajko Toroman is now a consultant of SMC and since he's a well-respected coach in the international scene and I'm quite sure that Vroman does respect him, Vroman will heed Toroman's words when it comes to playing basketball PBA style. Speaking of Toroman, parang sya yung coach ng San Miguel sa ABL at hindi si Bobby Parks.

Going back to Vroman, I guess we should give him time to adopt. Now if in the next 2 games, reklamador at pumupwersa pa din ng one on one plays, then Ginebra management should think of replacing him.

Hope the adjustment will bear fruit

Anticipating Yap's return to PBA SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated March 08, 2012

PBA commissioner Chito Salud said yesterday he has given teams up to Monday to submit interest in signing up former B-Meg guard Roger Yap, now with San Miguel Beer in the ABL, for the purpose of affixing an order of selection if and when he returns to the PBA.

Yap, 34, was recently released by B-Meg after averaging 4.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 13.8 minutes in four games this conference. In the Philippine Cup, he averaged 4.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 21.1 minutes in 16 games. Last season, the 10-year pro averaged 7.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 28.4 minutes. The decline in his playing time prompted Yap to request for a release. With Jonas Villanueva's reactivation, Yap explored options outside of B-Meg and decided to join San Miguel in the ABL.

While Yap is technically an unrestricted free agent, he is not totally permitted to choose a team to play for in case of a return to the PBA. Salud said there is a five-day grace period, expiring on Monday, within which teams must signify intent to sign up Yap. If a B-Meg sister team, Petron or Barangay Ginebra, signifies intent and a non-B-Meg sister team also expresses intent, Salud said the non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match. If no team signifies interest up to Monday, Yap is free to play for any team of his choice.

"It's not a right of first refusal by a non-B-Meg sister team," qualified Salud. "It's actually a right to match." PBA special assistant to the commissioner and media bureau chief Willie Marcial explained that for instance, if Petron or Ginebra or even B-Meg makes an offer of P150,000 a month and a non-B-Meg sister team makes an offer of P100,000 a month, the PBA will allow the non-B-Meg sister team to match the higher offer and if it does, Yap then goes to that team. Of course, if a non-B-Meg sister team makes a higher offer than a B-Meg sister team, then Yap automatically goes to the non-B-Meg sister team. If the offer is the same from two or more non-B-Meg sister teams, then Yap may choose which team to play for. If the offer is the same from a non-B-Meg sister team and a B-Meg sister team, the non-B-Meg sister team gains the right to sign Yap. The critical point is a non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match any offer from a B-Meg sister team.

There is talk that Meralco coach Ryan Gregorio is interested to recruit Yap who played for him when they were together at Purefoods. At presstime, no team had signified intent to the PBA. Yap's most productive PBA season was with Purefoods/B-Meg in 2009-10 when he averaged 10 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 27.4 minutes in 64 outings.

Marcial said Yap's release by B-Meg is like a player dropped out of the 16-man lineup. Yap's contract was bought out by San Miguel Beer in the ABL. "Roger is free to play in any league," said Marcial. "If and when he decides to go back to the PBA, we have a process to follow. If no team signifies interest up to Monday, then he is free to join any team of his choice without restriction. But if a B-Meg sister team and a non-B-Meg sister team signify intent, the rule is the non-B-Meg sister team has the right to match and sign up Roger outright."

If Roger Yap plans to move to BGK, will he have a place there?

Nagaadjust pa lang si Vroman. Rajko Toroman is now a consultant of SMC and since he's a well-respected coach in the international scene and I'm quite sure that Vroman does respect him, Vroman will heed Toroman's words when it comes to playing basketball PBA style. Speaking of Toroman, parang sya yung coach ng San Miguel sa ABL at hindi si Bobby Parks.

Going back to Vroman, I guess we should give him time to adopt. Now if in the next 2 games, reklamador at pumupwersa pa din ng one on one plays, then Ginebra management should think of replacing him.

I hope Vroman heed Toroman's words, pero dapat nga nabigyan na s'ya ng pointers even before his first game with Ginebra para nakapag-adjust na s'ya,

Edited by Agent_mulder